~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

It varies by doctor whether they would do it or not with GBS positive. Theoretically, there is an increased risk of infection after the sweep and the potential for labor to come on too quickly and not be able to get the antibiotics in time before delivery. My doctor prefers not to do it in GBS positive patients but yours might not have an issue with it :)

I am still waiting for my GBS results, but my OB said that since there probably won't be 4 hours before delivery (I never make it with more than 2 hours in the hospital) that they would just keep me an extra day in the hospital to monitor the baby and make sure it's fine. I'm still hoping it's negative, because the IV drip 4 hours prior is certainly the best and most consistent way to prevent the baby from getting sick! How long did it take to get your results back?

Just a few days I think..the office called back. Hopefully if you haven't heard anything back it's a good sign :flower:

I got a phone call with my son 1 week after the test to tell me it was positive, but this time I didn't find out until my appointment a week later that it was positive. The doctor's office I use had a ton of staff changes and they are little more unorganized this time around with things like test results though.

I definitely hope no news is good news for you though, I was so disappointed that I was positive AGAIN because my doctor said there is only a 30% chance per pregnancy. Then, when I was positive for the 2nd time she said "well, some women just carry it always". :growlmad:

I will be interested to see what happens in a 3rd pregnancy one day. Lemme finish #2 first ;)

Happy Mother's Day to all the UK ladies :) Hope you're all getting spoilt!

Happy Mother's Day it would be great if we see some arrivals today. Unfortunately I don't think my LO would be one of them.

How are all the moms today? Any new signs/symptoms?

My c-section is in 2 days! We pulled out the swing today and I am missing the cover so unless I find it, I need to buy a new swing. :growlmad: We put the car seat in today and I got all of my school work done for the week. Tomorrow I am just going to have a great time with my two girls and just spend some time together. Then Tuesday at 430 am I am heading to the hospital.

Happy Mother's Day to all the UK mommies!

Happy Mother's Day, ladies!

momofone, I can't believe you'll meet your little one so soon! Are you getting excited? I wish I knew the date this one would arrive...lol. It's partly the not knowing that's killing me! I'm also getting really nervous about labor. I know I can do it, and I'll be in an AWESOME hospital, but I'm just scared of the pain. Sigh...

Still here...baby is being late like daddy always is, and stubborn like mommy...I am gonna be pregnant forever!!! :(

Good luck, momo!

And hope you go soon azure girl...I still have so long to wait!

If I can get through one more day, I'll get my April baby! :haha: Then I'M READY! ;) Even if she doesn't come naturally, she will be here in 11 days or less!

Good luck Momofone! :hugs: Glad you're spending the day with your girls!!

Just make sure you cross your legs all day tomorrow bookworm and keep her in! lol

We are down to 12 days or less...hoping he comes on his own though!

Wow, momof! Can't believe you'll have your LO in your arms tomorrow :cloud9: Good luck for the section.

:hugs: azure. Going overdue sucks :(

kksy, hope you don't make it to induction & baby comes of his own accord. Get trying all the usual labour induction techniques!

Still 3 weeks til EDD for me :( Getting really fed up already. Mainly cos I'm seriously struggling to sleep & keep up with DS so feel guilty for him. I'd like to be making the most of the last few weeks with him alone but I just don't have the energy :(

Hi ladies! Hope you're all well & enjoyed your Mother's Day yesterday!

Well my update is that Scott James has arrived! He was born on 24/03/14 weighing 10lbs 10oz. I got an infection during labour so it was a bit dramatic & he was going into distress so had a very small window of opportunity to push him out or it was going to be an emcs but he popped out in only six pushes! Totally in love with the new man in my life!

Oh wow! Congratulations, karry :D Hope you've recovered from your infection ok & Scott is doing well :)

Congrats on the new baby boy!! :) <3 It's such an exciting time!! They've decided to induce me tomorrow at 39 weeks!! Kynsley Grace Revell will be here sometime tomorrow. Their suppose to call me betwee 4am-7am to tell me when to head over to the hospital. My mom picked up my DS last night at least until we get to go home from the hospital. Theyll be there tomorrow though. We're super excited!! Hope everyone of you ladies is hangin' in there all of the babies we'll be here before we know it

Karry-Congrats!!!! He is a cutie!!! Happy Mother's Day to you!! In the US, it isn't till May, so it's so nice you got to celebrate yours now! :)

AFM-does anyone see a midwife who wont induce labor or do any stripping of membranes till 2 weeks after your due date?! I am 38 weeks and she said something t o me about it last week, I am going to ask her to clarify again but I am ready for this baby to come out now lol I can't imagine another 4 weeks lol!

Congratulations Karry!

Workingonbaby2. Our LO's will have the same birthday! So exciting!!! Good luck at your induction.

Good luck tomorrow, workinon :) Exciting!

So jealous of all you ladies who get to meet your babies soon! Being a late April due date sucks at this point in time! :( I'm really hoping I don't see my due date still pregnant. Even a couple of days early would suit me!

Amco, MWs here won't do an internal or a membrane sweep until you're post-40 weeks. Not quite as bad as 42 weeks though. That seems really late.

Congratulations Karry!

Workingonbaby2. Our LO's will have the same birthday! So exciting!!! Good luck at your induction.

YAY!! Thank you :) Very exciting!! I can't wait I'm sure you can't either!! :) We're bringin' in April!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->