~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

Still thinking about those of you going through spotting and praying for the best!

Congrats on the promotion, Workingonbaby2!

Thought I'd provide an update. I am feeling very cautiously optimistic. I had nothing but the very slightest of brown discharge yesterday, and today it's even lighter, virtually not there. I've had no cramping at all this week, just occasionally this odd pulling feeling. Also I think morning sickness is starting for me. Yesterday after a small bowl of museli my stomach felt very full and 'closed down', and I felt faintly sick but it eventually wore off. Today after the same small breakfast I had the same thing, but the nausea was a bit stronger. I actually got to the gagging and running to the toilet phase, but then I looked down and realised it needed cleaning, so that instantly distracted me from the nausea! I now have a sparkly clean loo, and have not yet been sick. Result!

I really hope this was just a burrowing bean. Thanks for your thoughts, ladies. I am glad to have a place to overshare!

Congrats on your promotion, workinonbaby2 :thumbup:

Steatite, glad to hear things have settled down. Fingers crossed for a sticky bean :)

Eurgh. I felt really sick this morning. Couldn't even face my morning (decaf) coffee :( Not used to this. I hope it was a one off!

I'm also noticing that I can't get enough of savoury food at the minute. I'm normally much more a sweet person but the thought of a bar of chocolate is really turning my stomach :( Totally different to what I was like with Rex when all I wanted was cakes & chocolate.

I have the same thing with sweet things aversion. Before pregnancy I would usually crave a piece of chocolate after lunch, now the thought of having chocolate in my mouth makes me gross out. Give me anchovies and red onions on melba toast any day! Hubby loves to bake, and I haven't fancied any of the cookies or cakes he has produced. I am glad that his work colleagues are willing recipients or I would feel so bad. Maybe I could persuade him to switch to breads and quiches instead...

Edit: craving activated, off to eat anchovies

Oooh quiche! Mmmmm! I could just eat a big fat homemade quiche :) I can't get enough of egg sarnies at the minute so I think quiche would really fill my egg craving! :haha:

The brown spotting just sounds like baby is burrowing his way in, actually our of the 3 pregnancies ive had the one where is had brown discharge was the one that stuck through.

Funny how your tastes change when you fall pregnany, mind you im still more a chocoholic :wacko:

Steatite- so pleased to hear things are looking up! I've been worried for you and Morgan.

These last few posts are so funny! I normally hate sweets and love savory, but I have barely been able to even look at steak or vegetables since week 6! I just want berries and bread. And I never ate bread before!

I've been fortunate not to have terrible nausea, mostly just food aversions. I actually ate a normal sized meal last night for the first time in weeks, so that was good I think (noodles). Veggies are still difficult though.

Nausea hit me yesterday and it's bugging me today, too. So now that on top of the food aversions, but I'm not complaining, ha.

I'm getting pretty excited for next week, my scan is only a few days away!

I have had severe nausea the last 2 days. I actually left work early the first day and stayed home yesterday. Feeling better today so that's a plus!

Thinking about you ladies that have been having some bleeding lately and praying for sticky beans just burrowing in.

I've had no symptoms other than sore breasts. When I was pregnant with Tori, I was crippled with morning sickness at this point. Maybe it's a boy. ;)

Would like some of your morning sickness :winkwink: my symptoms have gone today dont like it, just want some reassurance that bean is doing what it should be with last mc's. Has my midwife booking in today and confirmed for 30th April Due date but she wouldnt give me a early scan :growlmad: so will have to get a private one in a week or so

Congrats on the promotion, Workingonbaby2!

Thought I'd provide an update. I am feeling very cautiously optimistic. I had nothing but the very slightest of brown discharge yesterday, and today it's even lighter, virtually not there. I've had no cramping at all this week, just occasionally this odd pulling feeling. Also I think morning sickness is starting for me. Yesterday after a small bowl of museli my stomach felt very full and 'closed down', and I felt faintly sick but it eventually wore off. Today after the same small breakfast I had the same thing, but the nausea was a bit stronger. I actually got to the gagging and running to the toilet phase, but then I looked down and realised it needed cleaning, so that instantly distracted me from the nausea! I now have a sparkly clean loo, and have not yet been sick. Result!

I really hope this was just a burrowing bean. Thanks for your thoughts, ladies. I am glad to have a place to overshare!

Thank you I'm super excited!!

I was reading some about your spotting and I noticed how far along you were. Today when I went in for my first check up I asked about the brown/reddish spotting because I too had some around 5weeks with minimal to no cramping and my midwife said it's normal. If you aren't filling up a pad every 30min-hour with severe cramping and pain and the blood is not bright red like fresh new blood then it's normal for women to spot a little in early pregnancy even though it is a little scary the brown or dark just when wiping or a little on your undies could be just left over blood or sometimes it happens after :sex: TMI lol. the cramping and pulling is all your ligaments and organs shifting and moving to make way for the growing baby!! I hope this helps and eases your mind a little :)

AFM- NO morning sickness at all. here and there little nauseaous spells but that's it. Really tired a lot and crampy and pulling, and TMI gassy lol. today was my first scan Baby Measured where it should be Due Date the same 04/08/2013 with a HB of 166. :) saw little arms and what looked like feet and but, still a lot of growing to do.

Attachments

• baby.jpg
    baby.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 13
What a great scan!! It is amazing how quickly they grow :)

I was reading some about your spotting and I noticed how far along you were. Today when I went in for my first check up I asked about the brown/reddish spotting because I too had some around 5weeks with minimal to no cramping and my midwife said it's normal. If you aren't filling up a pad every 30min-hour with severe cramping and pain and the blood is not bright red like fresh new blood then it's normal for women to spot a little in early pregnancy even though it is a little scary the brown or dark just when wiping or a little on your undies could be just left over blood or sometimes it happens after :sex: TMI lol. the cramping and pulling is all your ligaments and organs shifting and moving to make way for the growing baby!! I hope this helps and eases your mind a little :)

Thanks so much for this, and for asking your midwife about it! That really does make me worry a lot less. It's so easy to get into a downward spiral of finding negative outcomes via internet searches. I'm going to try to relax about it and see what happens. I take hope from the fact that if my boobs are anything to go by my hormones are definitely increasing this week!

Lovely scan! :thumbup:

Thanks so much for this, and for asking your midwife about it! That really does make me worry a lot less. It's so easy to get into a downward spiral of finding negative outcomes via internet searches. I'm going to try to relax about it and see what happens. I take hope from the fact that if my boobs are anything to go by my hormones are definitely increasing this week!

Lovely scan! :thumbup:

Thank you :) I cried just like I did with #1 and he'll be 3 in October lol they do grow soooo fast!!

And Your very welcome!! I know you as well as Morgan have been worried so I wanted to add a little reassurance. The less stressed and the more you relax (easier said than done) it helps. Put your feet up a little and treat yourself, bc the baby is still there and as nerve racking as it may be I'm sure the little bean is perfect! Prayers your way for a continued happy and healthy 9months <3

Off to the ER again ladies, the cramping is AWFUL.. Will update with my 48 hr hCG Quant retest!!!

I called in and they said they'll do another US for me too :)

Lol hopefully 2 days made a difference, but I doubt it.

Sorry to hear about your cramps Morgan. I'm thinking of you :hugs:

Yes, I was just thinking about you both, Morgan and Steatite. So sorry you have bad cramping Morgan, I really hope it's nothing. Steatite, I'm happy things seem to be settling down for you.

workingonbaby2 - Great scan, that is awesome, congratulations! You're symptons sound exactly like mine and I had that cramping at 8 weeks too.

I think I'm going to buy a doppler today. I just don't want to get obsessed with it being too early and not hearing the hb yet.

Prayers being sent your way Morgan I sure do hope everything turns out ok keep your head up. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->