~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

had my booking apt today, still no scan date! have to phone hospital again on Tuesday to see if they can fit me in before I go on hols! Jealous of everyone getting early scans! So paranoid!

I think if I had had the choice between a) not having an early scan and having nothing to worry about in my pregnancy or b) a bleed followed by a week of agonising worry I would have chosen a). Please count yourself lucky that you have no cause for concern in your pregnancy. If you are that desperate to see your baby early there are plenty of private clinics that will scan you for around £80 - £100

yes I know all about it, had a bleed with DS and got a scan at 6 weeks where their was no hb, and another scan at 7 weeks to confirm bubs was ok so I vividly remember the agonising wait thinking the worst! and no, I'm not desperate at all, just as concerned as the next person! :flower:

:hugs: bw. Hope your sickness settles down soon. I'm suffering badly enough with just nausea so I can't imagine vomiting everyday either :( My sister has had treatment for hyperemesis & was in hospital for a week. This is her first baby so luckily she can recover by taking it easy. It must be so hard with a little one to run around after too :hugs:

yes I know all about it, had a bleed with DS and got a scan at 6 weeks where their was no hb, and another scan at 7 weeks to confirm bubs was ok so I vividly remember the agonising wait thinking the worst! and no, I'm not desperate at all, just as concerned as the next person! :flower:

Sorry about my cranky reply. I think it was the word 'jealous' that hit a nerve, because it's such an unproductive emotion and I am just happy for all the ladies with healthy pregnancies. If we spend our energy on being jealous of each other then there will be no space for celebrating all the good bits. Does that make sense? I know everyone is worrying about their pregnancies, and I can imagine that even without bleeding there is so much to be concerned about. I hope you have a wonderful 12 week scan, and that we can all learn from each other how to relax a little and focus on the good bits. I know I need to learn to be less cranky to people on the Internet, and I apologise for the tone of my message. <3

I am a bit worried also that i have used my doppler and cant find HB and some of you ladies are same stage as me and have heard HB

Hope everyone is doing well ---- not long now ladies before entering 2nd tri :happydance:

When I was at the doc, even he had a hard time finding the baby's heartbeat so I'm guessing your little buggie is just hiding! I would love to get a doppler but I'm afraid I won't find the hb and freak myself out.

If I get one, what kind should I get? Recommendations?

I am a bit worried also that i have used my doppler and cant find HB and some of you ladies are same stage as me and have heard HB

Hope everyone is doing well ---- not long now ladies before entering 2nd tri :happydance:

When I was at the doc, even he had a hard time finding the baby's heartbeat so I'm guessing your little buggie is just hiding! I would love to get a doppler but I'm afraid I won't find the hb and freak myself out.

I have a sonoline b 3mhz Doppler. I bought it new on eBay for $53. I like the 3 MHz better than the 2mhz probe because it works better on chuncky ladies like myself. :) I used it in my last pregnancy and it works great this time around also. If you buy one and can't find the heartbeat, do NOT worry. I found bubble at 9 weeks for maybe 5 seconds and then it was gone. It's hard to find before 12 weeks. I'm going to give mine another go on Tuesday at 10 wks

I never found the hb before 10 weeks with a home doppler with DD#1 or 2... It wasn't until DS that I found it super early, once I looked for it right behind the pubic bone. I didn't realize how low down LO is at this early stage! If you can't find it, try aiming back and down, on either side of your pubic bone. Even if you can't find it there, don't worry. My babes have all hated the doppler, and even when I found a hb they quickly moved away from it! Smart babies :dohh:

mine is the hi bebe got it 2nd hand from ebay 2yrs ago when having Damon and it has been passed round family as has maternity clothes

also ladies i forgot to say i was at an asda living where they have maturnity section and all they clothes (all be it not a huge selection) were all reduced i got a pair of over bump blue boot cut jeans £4 and a pair of black and a pair of white linen under bump trousers £3.50 each bargin thought even if they just last my holiday that will do as im not wearing normal jeans as too tight

Ordering maternity jeans this week, I know it's bloat but I fit into nothing!

Mines consistent and I have gained 5lb :shock:

I've gained 5 lbs too. :wacko: I finally invested in some maternity jeans. It's just been to hot to wear them, however it is supposed to be 60 on Tuesday so I just may give in. :thumbup:

I never got back into my old jeans after DS (he's only 7 months old :dohh:). I've been wearing my "fat jeans" for the past few months! I can squeeze into my fave jeans, but the muffin top that ensues is NOT a good look :haha: I haven't gained any weight yet, but I know it's coming. I gained the most in second tri with every pregnancy, and consitantly gained about 35 pounds each time! Yikes!

^So exciting! Are you working til baby and after? I think I'm going to stick it out as long as I can at this job and once I'm ready to pop I can quit and DH can take over ;) I am getting sick a lot more now though and it sucks, hopefully you don't have bad nausea.. Zofran has been my crutch throughout the workday!

Ooh also ladies I bought a Doppler today!! Should be here Wednesday, check it out- free shipping! :)

https://www.clinicalguard.com/sonoline-handheld-pocket-fetal-doppler-p-174.html

I'm planning on going for as long as possible! I get 4 months of unpaid maternity leave so will use what I think is appropriate/can afford. I'm hoping DH will get a job and I can be a SAHM again though. I will go back if needed!

X_amour- GL on new job tomorrow!

I too have been browsing maternity jeans online. Been on vacation at the ocean this week, and wearing my jeans for the first time since April- lo and behold, very uncomfy on the tummy. Have been doing the rubber band trick while here. It's funny cuz I've actually lost 5 lbs since bfp (nausea) but tummy pokes out a bit now.
Probably going to head to the mall and bite the bullet before long. Anyone tried Old Navy maternity? Any good?

I don't mind Old Navy, but I find the fit isn't quite right for me. I am tall with no hips , and the jeans tend to bunch up around the crotch area. :dohh: I much prefer Motherhood Maternity, since they have a bunch of different cuts of jeans based on your body type. Another good option is to look on Craigslist or ebay for a pair of designer jeans that you already know suits your body type (or whatever your fave jeans are) and order a maternity set one size up! I just bought some yesterday for a STEAL. :D

Good luck for your new job, amour :thumbup: Hope everyone is nice & helpful :)

My SIL passed back the box of maternity clothes that we've been passing round between four of us who are all good friends. The collection has got significantly bigger than when I had it last :thumbup: I just need to find the energy to sift through it all now & put it away :(

I'm already finding most of my jeans & trousers are uncomfy by the afternoon due to bloat. Living in stretchy clothes at the minute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->