~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

Hi, Ladies, may I join you? My due date is April 29th!

Sorry I haven't posted recently, ladies! I've been crazy with work and then feeling totally wiped when I am home (lots and lots of sleeping... I went to bed at 10 last night and slept until 3pm today!!) Can't wait for the "awesome feeling" of the second tri, haha.

So exciting to see more scans! It's so crazy to think that we're all getting ready to start entering our second trimesters!! Time for the visible baby bumps!

My next scan is the day after tomorrow (Friday) for first tri screening.. I'll be almost 11 weeks so I'm excited to see the baby!

Part of me wants to schedule a private gender scan but I'm thinking maybe I should just wait and see if baby shows the goods during my November anatomy scan... I may ask during my next appointment on October 7 when they're going to schedule it for. People who've scheduled a private scan, how far along will you be? If they're going to have me wait until the very end of November (I'll be 20 weeks on November 24th) I don't want to risk the baby not cooperating and not being able to do a gender reveal when everyone's over. Decisions, decisions!

It doesn't help my brother and his wife had a harmony test done (they're 14 weeks) and found out the baby is a boy.. I'm impatient to know ours now, haha!

I'll be 15 weeks at my private gender scan. I was 15 weeks at my last pregnancy scan and the results were right. :) it's so worth it.

Glass, I understand your impatience. My brother and his wife are due at the end of March, and they know it's a boy. I think we are going to be team yellow, we were with our daughter and it made for a lovely surprise! That being said, the temptation is strong to find out sooner!:winkwink:

Well, girls, thanks for letting me join your group! Just a little background, I am currently pregnant through ivf, after having absolutely no trouble conceiving our daughter 4 years ago. I got pregnant with twins, but Baby B appears to be vanishing (they call it vanishing twin syndrome). I had some miscarriage symptoms two weeks ago and ended up in the hospital, but Baby A seems to be doing well.:happydance:

I have another scan tomorrow afternoon, so I am hoping that Baby A continues to thrive, and that Baby B has made a peaceful exit. The beginning of this pregnancy has been far more dramatic and stressful than we would have liked, so hopefully things will begin to settle down.

I will try to read through the thread today, so I can get to know you all a bit. I hope everyone is feeling good and doing well!:thumbup:

Congrats on the successful IVF! My baby is a clomid baby, after one year of actively trying with no success and years of not trying, not preventing, with no success.

Also I'm glad that even with vanishing twin syndrome your pregnancy is looking otherwise healthy! I guess it's not as uncommon as you might think, it's just with people getting early ultrasounds it's more common now days to catch the second sac before it disappears. My mom had it when she was pregnant with me and they only found out because she had so many complications with my brother that they monitored her like crazy from the time she got a positive pg test!! Still though, I'm sorry to hear about baby B not making it :hugs: Hope your scan today goes well!

I admire anyone who can handle being team yellow. I'm way too excited to find out the gender, we already have the names we want to use picked out and I can't wait to start calling the baby by that and the right pronouns :) Funny enough though it won't impact stuff like how I decorate the nursery, my theme was set in stone before I even found out I was pregnant, ha!

Congrats on the successful IVF! My baby is a clomid baby, after one year of actively trying with no success and years of not trying, not preventing, with no success.

Also I'm glad that even with vanishing twin syndrome your pregnancy is looking otherwise healthy! I guess it's not as uncommon as you might think, it's just with people getting early ultrasounds it's more common now days to catch the second sac before it disappears. My mom had it when she was pregnant with me and they only found out because she had so many complications with my brother that they monitored her like crazy from the time she got a positive pg test!! Still though, I'm sorry to hear about baby B not making it :hugs: Hope your scan today goes well!

I admire anyone who can handle being team yellow. I'm way too excited to find out the gender, we already have the names we want to use picked out and I can't wait to start calling the baby by that and the right pronouns :) Funny enough though it won't impact stuff like how I decorate the nursery, my theme was set in stone before I even found out I was pregnant, ha!

How interesting that you had a vanishing twin! It does seem to be far more common than I ever realized. We were sad about Baby B, but we really only wanted one more baby and were very surprised and overwhelmed when we saw the two sacs. The only hard part is that Baby B went ahead and developed a heartbeat against all expectations, and once we saw him fighting away in there, we felt the loss much more keenly. We are told his chances are terrible despite the heartbeat, as he is measuring a week behind, has an enlarged yolk sac, and a slow heart rate. We'll see what happens tomorrow.:shrug:

Glass, I understand your impatience. My brother and his wife are due at the end of March, and they know it's a boy. I think we are going to be team yellow, we were with our daughter and it made for a lovely surprise! That being said, the temptation is strong to find out sooner!:winkwink:

Well, girls, thanks for letting me join your group! Just a little background, I am currently pregnant through ivf, after having absolutely no trouble conceiving our daughter 4 years ago. I got pregnant with twins, but Baby B appears to be vanishing (they call it vanishing twin syndrome). I had some miscarriage symptoms two weeks ago and ended up in the hospital, but Baby A seems to be doing well.:happydance:

I have another scan tomorrow afternoon, so I am hoping that Baby A continues to thrive, and that Baby B has made a peaceful exit. The beginning of this pregnancy has been far more dramatic and stressful than we would have liked, so hopefully things will begin to settle down.

I will try to read through the thread today, so I can get to know you all a bit. I hope everyone is feeling good and doing well!:thumbup:
Congrats on your successful ivf. I'm sorry about baby B. It took me 2 1.2 years to conceive my second and I conceived her with the help of metformin.
How have you been feeling?

Congrats on your successful ivf. I'm sorry about baby B. It took me 2 1.2 years to conceive my second and I conceived her with the help of metformin.

Thanks, MomofOne. We tried for over a year, and another 4 months with the RE. I was lucky to get pregnant on my first IVF, after 2 failed iui's. I'm almost 39, so time is of the essence!:blush:

I was an emotional wreck last week, but am now much calmer. I just want this resolved, so I can focus on having a good, healthy pregnancy.

My symptoms with this pregnancy are worse than I remember with my daughter. I am super nauseous, dizzy on an off, super sore boobs, and lots of fatigue. I never actually throw up, but I feel hungover all the time. I am only 8 w 2d, so I suspect I'll have several more weeks of this!:dohh:

How are you feeling? I can't wait until I am 12 weeks, and hopefully can start spreading the good news and feeling more like myself!:winkwink:

Thanks, MomofOne. We tried for over a year, and another 4 months with the RE. I was lucky to get pregnant on my first IVF, after 2 failed iui's. I'm almost 39, so time is of the essence!:blush:

I was an emotional wreck last week, but am now much calmer. I just want this resolved, so I can focus on having a good, healthy pregnancy.

My symptoms with this pregnancy are worse than I remember with my daughter. I am super nauseous, dizzy on an off, super sore boobs, and lots of fatigue. I never actually throw up, but I feel hungover all the time. I am only 8 w 2d, so I suspect I'll have several more weeks of this!:dohh:

How are you feeling? I can't wait until I am 12 weeks, and hopefully can start spreading the good news and feeling more like myself!:winkwink:

I felt the exact same. Like I had been out drinking crazy amounts the night before. It finally eased a few days ago and I am starting to feel better. I'm definitely excited to be 12 weeks. It goes super quick though, you will be there before you know it.

Haha, a hangover is a great way to describe it, bit without the fun the night before! Caitlenc, I'm due April 30th. It's kind of nice being on the tail end of the month so that we get a little preview of what's coming up from the other girls!! :haha:

This is my fourth baby, but SO different than the other 3. I've never had morning sickness like this. Hopefully it mellows out soon! It's stinks that the time in the pregnancy that is (for me) the hardest and most stressful, we aren't allowed to tell anyone what we're going through!

Wamommy, I totally agree! I am a teacher, so when my students or colleagues see that I'm tired, or not at my best, I just want to tell them "I wasn't out partying last night, I'm PREGNANT!":haha: Instead, I'm sure they are all wondering what the heck is wrong with me!

Today I felt so bad I ran to the store during lunch to pick up SeaBands, ginger gum, and ginger ale to keep at school! It helped a lot, I am feeling much better than I was 2 hours ago!

Oooh, I should try those things. I've been living on lemon drop candies, which are the only thing that don't make me feel yucky! My DD's Kindergarten teacher is pregnant and due April first. She already told all of the kids and parents that she's pregnant so that we could explain to our kids why she gets to eat in class when they don't. :haha:

Hi, I know I'm late but can I join you? I'm due on the 27th April (so could end up being May).

I'll get reading some posts to catch up!

Welcome! I'm due the 26th!

First ultrasound and appointment tomorrow, so excited! Hoping they don't push me a week back like with DD!

My scan went really well, saw and heard a good strong heart beat and everything was great :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 11
Welcome, littlemissy1! :wave:

Maybe-baby, beautiful scan! I don't have one until the 9th of October, but seeing yours gives me a little idea of how bean must be growing. So cool! :D

x_amour, good luck at your scan!

Hey guys! Just stopping in to see how everyone is doing?

Has anyone else noticed that they are showing at all? This is my second pregnancy ( my daughter is one) and I already have a small bump. I have lost a few pounds since becoming pregnant but this new bloat/bump looks big! I am worried how big it will be at 40 weeks!!!

KjConard, I don't physically look any bigger, but I am plus size so no big surprise I guess. I did have to break down and buy maternity pants though because I couldn't button any of my pants! So much more comfortable. Just wish I could find some pants for work that have pockets, but haven't found any.

Caitlenc and Littlemissy1, welcome to the group. Better late than never. :haha:

How are all you ladies feeling? My nausea has decreased a lot and I really only feel sick when I go too long without eating. Other symptoms are still persisting quite strongly, but I can deal with those. :thumbup: Funny how so many of you ladies say you feel hung over. I've never actually been drunk so I've no idea what that's like, lol. Guess I do now though with all this tiredness and nausea.

Hey Ladies!! Can i join in please... I'm due on April 2nd!! :happydance:

I had my 12 week scan on Wednesday and all looked good... the baby is measuring a week a head at the moment. Sharing my favourite photo below of the legs!! Also i am showing already. My MS eased around 9 weeks and i just get tired now and i dont feel like eating any food. I still get hungry but everything makes me feel sick at the thought of it. Especially meat and veggies.

Attachments

• legs 12w.jpg
    legs 12w.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 14
  • bump 12 weeks.jpg
    bump 12 weeks.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads