~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

Lisa, love those legs!! Your bump is so cute!!:haha:

Well, ladies, I have my scan today at 4:15. I am a nervous wreck.:nope: I was telling my dh that I just want to leave one scan feeling super excited, without any surprises or conflicting feelings. My hope for today is that we see Baby A thriving, and that poor baby B has begun to make a peaceful exit. Also hoping my subchorionic bleed has started to disappear. Send prayers my way, please!:thumbup:

I'll be thinking happy thoughts for you Caitlen!

Re: Symptoms... my morning sickness is going away, still struggling with exhaustion from time to time but that seems to be disappearing too. Had to LOL at the description of it being like having a hangover... that's exactly it!

I have a scan today in a couple hours (11 est). It's part of the pre-natal screening (the non-invasive variety, we said no to stuff like amniocentesis) but I'm mostly just excited to see the bub again and see how much they've grown!

Will be thinking of you caitlenc :hugs:
My scan is on Monday, hope this weekend goes quickly!

oh how I wish sleeping liked me lol... having trouble sleeping through the night!! This morning I didn't even know what the loud noise was going off until I realized it was my alarm! Today is going to be a long day!

I'll be thinking happy thoughts for you Caitlen!

Re: Symptoms... my morning sickness is going away, still struggling with exhaustion from time to time but that seems to be disappearing too. Had to LOL at the description of it being like having a hangover... that's exactly it!

I have a scan today in a couple hours (11 est). It's part of the pre-natal screening (the non-invasive variety, we said no to stuff like amniocentesis) but I'm mostly just excited to see the bub again and see how much they've grown!

Ooh, exciting! This is the scan where it really starts to look like a proper baby. Enjoy!:happydance:

oh how I wish sleeping liked me lol... having trouble sleeping through the night!! This morning I didn't even know what the loud noise was going off until I realized it was my alarm! Today is going to be a long day!

I'm having the same problem...takes forever to drift off at night, no matter how exhausted I feel. Then, I'm up and down to pee all night long!!:haha:

cait- I will be thinking of you!!!

Afm-does anyone still get crampy from time to time? I know it can be gas and I know it's stretching but I just wanted to see if anyone else gets it too!

cait- I will be thinking of you!!!

Afm-does anyone still get crampy from time to time? I know it can be gas and I know it's stretching but I just wanted to see if anyone else gets it too!
Yes, I still get cramping, but it's lessened quite a bit in the last week.

I have had nasty cramps this week, in week nine and week six, im putting it down to growth spurts seeing as i don't know any different and remember similar with my son! Feeling not too bad atm (obviously rather than rejoicing I'm being paranoid lol)

Good luck everyone with your scans :D my first one is on 1st Oct which seems ages away but considering it was booked almost 6 weeks ago really should seem imminent. I am just hoping I haven't made the whole thing up and imagined being pg, seeing as how I have felt 80% better than I did with my son!

Sorry I'm only posting in here sporadically I'm having a hard time keeping up with this thread!!! (Maybe sleep deprivation, like you ladies I am genuinely having to get up 6 times a night to pee - not even little tinkles like full on racehorse wee, I have even woken my husband up a few times :/ )

Wamommy, I totally agree! I am a teacher, so when my students or colleagues see that I'm tired, or not at my best, I just want to tell them "I wasn't out partying last night, I'm PREGNANT!":haha: Instead, I'm sure they are all wondering what the heck is wrong with me!

Today I felt so bad I ran to the store during lunch to pick up SeaBands, ginger gum, and ginger ale to keep at school! It helped a lot, I am feeling much better than I was 2 hours ago!

I'm a teacher too, caitlenc & it's tough trying not to look nauseous. I have a drawer full of snacks & just eat every couple of hours which seems to help curb the nausea a little.

Hey guys! Just stopping in to see how everyone is doing?

Has anyone else noticed that they are showing at all? This is my second pregnancy ( my daughter is one) and I already have a small bump. I have lost a few pounds since becoming pregnant but this new bloat/bump looks big! I am worried how big it will be at 40 weeks!!!

I'm definitely showing already :( My 'bump' (probably more bloat!) is bigger than my sister's & she's 16 weeks with her first :dohh: I've put on a couple of lbs from my constant grazing but it hasn't gone anywhere than on my stomach. I'm going to be massive by the end. But then I was last time!

So lovely to see all the healthy scans :D Good luck to those ladies with upcoming scans :thumbup: Mine is still over 2 weeks away. So long to go!

I feel like my nausea had eased up a little this week. I definitely haven't felt constantly sick but still suffering for a few hours a day. Hopefully I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

I'm 11+5, and still get minor cramps here and there- nowhere near like at the beginning though, when it seemed almost constant. Having a small let up in nauseain the past week, but still having bad moments on occasion...Seems worst if I'm overly tired, overly warm or overly hungry. I am beginning to see that staying well-fed is something I will need to focus on, though unfortunately I have very little appetite (have lost 6 pounds since bfp) so kind of hoping I gain the weight (and the appetite) back soon.

https://imageshack.us/a/img30/7022/u81o.jpg

Here baby is! :cry:

Everything looks great! I was pushed back from 8+6 to 7+4. Not surprised, honestly. They pushed me back from 8+1 to 7+1 with Tori. The doctor I did see though does not do VBACs so I was a bit misinformed. They did refer me to an OB/GYN that does. It's a little further away but totally worth it.

I am due May 5th, 2013 so sadly I am going to move over to the May group but it was very nice meeting you all! I hope we keep in touch and you all have the best of pregnancies. :hugs:

https://imageshack.us/a/img30/7022/u81o.jpg

Here baby is! :cry:

Everything looks great! I was pushed back from 8+6 to 7+4. Not surprised, honestly. They pushed me back from 8+1 to 7+1 with Tori. The doctor I did see though does not do VBACs so I was a bit misinformed. They did refer me to an OB/GYN that does. It's a little further away but totally worth it.

I am due May 5th, 2013 so sadly I am going to move over to the May group but it was very nice meeting you all! I hope we keep in touch and you all have the best of pregnancies. :hugs:

Wishing you all the best for your little May bubba.

Hi Ladies! My scan went well. Baby A measured right on track, with a heartbeat of 179. Poor Baby B is still trucking along, heartbeat of 143, measuring a full week behind. The doctor says B will probably stop growing and start to reabsorb within the next couple of weeks. I've been released to my regular OB. We are still sad about B, but super excited and thankful that Baby A is doing so well!:happydance:

amour_x- Good luck over in the May group with your bub! So happy for you that your scan came out great!

caitlen - I'm happy your scan went okay, still very sorry about baby b, I'll be keeping you in my thoughts!

AFM, my scan went well.

The waiting time was more than a little grating.. I know that letting your kids play with toy guns is a pretty contentious parenting issue in the US. I tend to fall on the more permissive side since I grew up with airsoft guns and water guns and such.. that being said, this mom showed up with three kids in tow, including a little boy who not only had a play gun but was aiming it at people (pregnant women and their little kids) and "shooting them" in the waiting room. I guess I know where my line is drawn because I think allowing your child to bring a toy like that in public, to a freaking HOSPITAL, no less, to pretend shoot at strangers in public, is crossing a line of common sense. Pretty much everyone in that room was glaring at the mom but she was totally oblivious, and unfortunately the hospital staff just completely ignored her instead of confiscating the toy to give back later, etc. I actually wrote an email to them because I couldn't find information on their website about toy policies despite being at the women and children's portion of the website. Maybe I'm overreacting but holy crap.

SO, onto the scan part. Got to see the baby on the screen. It was crazy how much more developed he/she was! They did the measurements and the tech said everything looked great and the measurements looked well within normal (it was the down syndrome screening). She took a bunch of other measurements then took some pictures of the baby. We got to see a profile shot, baby is no longer just a little gummy bear blob in there, and has a defined profile! They were flipping around in there, it was pretty cool. Our next scan won't be until the 20 week anatomy scan.. I'm pretty excited to find out the gender when the time comes!

amour_x- Good luck over in the May group with your bub! So happy for you that your scan came out great!

caitlen - I'm happy your scan went okay, still very sorry about baby b, I'll be keeping you in my thoughts!

AFM, my scan went well.

The waiting time was more than a little grating.. I know that letting your kids play with toy guns is a pretty contentious parenting issue in the US. I tend to fall on the more permissive side since I grew up with airsoft guns and water guns and such.. that being said, this mom showed up with three kids in tow, including a little boy who not only had a play gun but was aiming it at people (pregnant women and their little kids) and "shooting them" in the waiting room. I guess I know where my line is drawn because I think allowing your child to bring a toy like that in public, to a freaking HOSPITAL, no less, to pretend shoot at strangers in public, is crossing a line of common sense. Pretty much everyone in that room was glaring at the mom but she was totally oblivious, and unfortunately the hospital staff just completely ignored her instead of confiscating the toy to give back later, etc. I actually wrote an email to them because I couldn't find information on their website about toy policies despite being at the women and children's portion of the website. Maybe I'm overreacting but holy crap.

SO, onto the scan part. Got to see the baby on the screen. It was crazy how much more developed he/she was! They did the measurements and the tech said everything looked great and the measurements looked well within normal (it was the down syndrome screening). She took a bunch of other measurements then took some pictures of the baby. We got to see a profile shot, baby is no longer just a little gummy bear blob in there, and has a defined profile! They were flipping around in there, it was pretty cool. Our next scan won't be until the 20 week anatomy scan.. I'm pretty excited to find out the gender when the time comes!

So happy to hear how well your scan went!!

As for the toy gun thing...I too played with water guns, cap guns, nerf guns etc as a child, and I own real guns as an adult. In middle school I was taught gun safety and would do target practice with my dad...and one thing my parents taught me as a child was that you NEVER EVER EVER point a gun, be it play gun or real, at a living being. If it were me in your position, I don't think I would've been able to prevent myself from "educating" that mother and little boy on common courtesy, as unwelcome and unsolicited as it no doubt would have been. One thing I've noticed since pregnancy is that I am A LOT more...outspoken about things that I feel are clearly wrong. Good for you for writing to the hospital, that is unreal that they just let that go on in a room of irritated pregnant women.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->