~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

Welcome to all of the new ladies!! :wave:

Congrats on team :blue: Sunshine!

Welcome Sophie, it's a shame he doesn't want to meet his little one, but perhaps it is better in the long run. Single moms are some of the strongest women I know :hugs: are you feeling any strong boy vibes? :)

Not really I think it's more wishful thinking to be honest I have always wanted a boy first plus I just feel a boy would have an easier time accepting that there dad isn't around than a girl would.

Congrats on the little boy, sunshine! :happydance:

Sorry to hear about all the headaches/migraines out there...Tylenol sure doesn't cut it. :nope:

Thank you!! My Dr. prescribed me fiorecet for the headache today. I am a pharmacy tech. so I know it is ok to take, but still nervous about taking meds while im pregnant. But if I'm as miserable as I was last night I will be taking them!!

Yes, I did have a prescription for that and it actually helped. There are just two problems with it--it can really knock you out, so don't have anything other than a nap planned if you take it. It isn't for long-term every day use, which I eventually slipped into. So then I had pretty bad rebound headaches because of it. But it should be okay every once in a while.

Congrats on the little boy, sunshine! :happydance:

Sorry to hear about all the headaches/migraines out there...Tylenol sure doesn't cut it. :nope:

Thank you!! My Dr. prescribed me fiorecet for the headache today. I am a pharmacy tech. so I know it is ok to take, but still nervous about taking meds while im pregnant. But if I'm as miserable as I was last night I will be taking them!!

Yes, I did have a prescription for that and it actually helped. There are just two problems with it--it can really knock you out, so don't have anything other than a nap planned if you take it. It isn't for long-term every day use, which I eventually slipped into. So then I had pretty bad rebound headaches because of it. But it should be okay every once in a while.

Ya I think I am just going to save it for nightime if I can't sleep....everyone I have talked to said it knocks them out... I am still pretty tired as it is so the last thing i need to do is fall asleep at work hahaha

Hi all!!! I had an OB appt. today and she asked if I wanted to get a scan to see if we could possibly tell the gender....well I'm pretty sure that it is a ..... BOY!!!! I am so beyond excited. My Dr. said she was almost 100% positive. I have an anatomy scan on 12/2. I really wanted my first to be a boy and it is!!!! My boyfriend is so exicted too. It's a wonderful day!!

Congratulations on Team Blue!!

I'm sooo happy to see all these gender scans and dates and outcomes!! It's so exciting I feel like it was just yesterday we were all just joining the group!! AFM... Our scan is tomorrow and I've been feeling the baby move a lot more lately. I'm super super excited!! Friday at 3:30 can't come fast enough :)

Welcome to all the new ladies!! I have added you all to the front. We have officially hit 90 April mommy's :happydance:

I can't believe I'm 19 weeks. I get to see our little man at the 20 week ultrasound on Tuesday! I can't wait to see his little face again. I hope you are all feeling well!

My official anatomy/gender scan is today at 3 PM! It's 10:30 am for me right now ugghhh...

I'm sooo happy to see all these gender scans and dates and outcomes!! It's so exciting I feel like it was just yesterday we were all just joining the group!! AFM... Our scan is tomorrow and I've been feeling the baby move a lot more lately. I'm super super excited!! Friday at 3:30 can't come fast enough :)

It does seem like we just joined and now we're coming up on the halfway mark! Good luck with your appointment!!

It does seem like we just joined and now we're coming up on the halfway mark! Good luck with your appointment!!

thank you ma'am!! We are absolutely sooooo excited right now!! Time defintely flies by us.. My boss is 28weeks and she had her 4d ultra sound scan of her little girl!! OMG it was so amazing just lookin' at it all I'm super happy for her... I got back to my office and pulled my DS's 4d pics and just remember how exciting all of it is :) He's 3 now so it goes by quick... How is everything goin for you so far? How's baby?

I'm in the waiting room for my ultrasound! Appt at 3 and it's 3:29! Ugh I'm ready!!

thank you ma'am!! We are absolutely sooooo excited right now!! Time defintely flies by us.. My boss is 28weeks and she had her 4d ultra sound scan of her little girl!! OMG it was so amazing just lookin' at it all I'm super happy for her... I got back to my office and pulled my DS's 4d pics and just remember how exciting all of it is :) He's 3 now so it goes by quick... How is everything goin for you so far? How's baby?

They do grow up quick! I have 6 nieces and nephews and the oldest one turns 13 next month...it really seems like just last week I was holding her in the hospital and now she's a teenager!

Hopefully your little one cooperates tomorrow! You will definitely have to post pictures. Are you getting the 4d done tomorrow or wait until later on?

I'm doing well..thanks for asking! We have our gender scan Monday morning so like you, just anxious for it to be here! I also finally look slightly pregnant and not just chubby so happy about that too :)

Bookworm, can't wait to hear about your scan!

kksy9b and workinonbaby, good luck at your scans coming up!

I took a couple "bump" shots and finally have the nerve to share them. :blush: I was much larger at this stage with DS, so idk what's up? I just look like I've had too many doughnuts... lol.

First pic was 10 weeks, second was this morning at 15+1!

Attachments

• 10weeksa (Small).jpg
    10weeksa (Small).jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 15+1Baby4.jpg
    15+1Baby4.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 4
I'm in the waiting room for my ultrasound! Appt at 3 and it's 3:29! Ugh I'm ready!!

Holy cow! I'd be climbing the walls :haha: but, then again, my doctor wants a full bladder and I think an extra half hour would make me absolutely NEED to pee before the scan! I hope all went well :)

hi welcome all new ladies.
sunshine I took fiorcet before pregnancy and my OB said its okay to take if a migraine strikes.

How far along? 17 + 1 Due April 16

Morning Sickness? 1st trimester I had some random nausea but never vomiting.

How are you feeling/any ailments? lets see, irregular bowel movements(tmi), heart burn, I had a lot of migraines in first trimester and just one so far this trimestr. Recently I have been waking up in the mornings with bad stomach pains....scares me.

Next scan? Anatomy scan is Monday 12/2

Team/Gender: Team Yellow not gonna find out

Most recent baby purchase? Haven't bought anything for baby yet, I think I want to wait a bit longer.

Next baby purchase? who knows

Most excited about? Anatomy scan too baby again and to start feeling baby move so then maybe I wouldn't be so nervous

Most anxious about? the health of baby, I had a previous miscarriage and it just haunts me. Also im scared of the actual birth!!! ahhhhhhhh

Anything else? People keep asking how im feeling..is it bad its kind of annoying me?

Hey ladies!! I would have updated sooner but I had so much to say and no time for a long post! First off- we are having a girl! So excited!! They couldn't get very good pictures of what they needed (and the doctor said "your baby is a pain" lol!! Maybe a bit unprofessional but it made me laugh) but they spent a long time looking and then left and the doctor didn't come in for a long time....I've been to him 3 times before this- this was my 4th time- and he's never taken a long time to come in after the tech. So I was worried. Then the tech came back in and said 'I just need one more picture' and took the fastest pic ever that didn't even look like baby.

Long story short, they thought I had placenta previa (which was the pic she came back in for) but it turns out my cervix was contracting and pushing the placenta around. So it wasn't previa, that was good news. Bad news is that the baby had a bright white spot on her heart. So the spot increases my chances of her having chromosomal problems but it's very very unlikely since everything else looked fine- all the bloodwork and scans showed that she looked normal except for the spot. The doctor said there is a 99% chance of her being fine but I'm still worried. But I'm not freaking out.

They said that 8/100 normal births have the spot, called a ecogenic cardiac focus, and 14/100 abnormal births have it. So it's rare in both accounts but slightly more common in births with chromosomal abnormalities.

It put a slight damper on the ultrasound, but I don't feel like anything is wrong. I am a bit worried but I think that's natural. I'm excited to go shopping for girl stuff! :)

Hey ladies!! I would have updated sooner but I had so much to say and no time for a long post! First off- we are having a girl! So excited!! They couldn't get very good pictures of what they needed (and the doctor said "your baby is a pain" lol!! Maybe a bit unprofessional but it made me laugh) but they spent a long time looking and then left and the doctor didn't come in for a long time....I've been to him 3 times before this- this was my 4th time- and he's never taken a long time to come in after the tech. So I was worried. Then the tech came back in and said 'I just need one more picture' and took the fastest pic ever that didn't even look like baby.

Long story short, they thought I had placenta previa (which was the pic she came back in for) but it turns out my cervix was contracting and pushing the placenta around. So it wasn't previa, that was good news. Bad news is that the baby had a bright white spot on her heart. So the spot increases my chances of her having chromosomal problems but it's very very unlikely since everything else looked fine- all the bloodwork and scans showed that she looked normal except for the spot. The doctor said there is a 99% chance of her being fine but I'm still worried. But I'm not freaking out.

They said that 8/100 normal births have the spot, called a ecogenic cardiac focus, and 14/100 abnormal births have it. So it's rare in both accounts but slightly more common in births with chromosomal abnormalities.

It put a slight damper on the ultrasound, but I don't feel like anything is wrong. I am a bit worried but I think that's natural. I'm excited to go shopping for girl stuff! :)

First off CONGRATULATIONS on your little :pink: :happydance:

I was born with a spot on my heart and I am a perfectly healthy 24 year old and never had problems as a child. I hope that helps ease your mind a little, although I know as a mommy that will be hard. I am sure your little beauty is perfect! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->