• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

April/may babies off 2016.... catch up help and and advice xx

Emma she's gorgeous and what a full head if hair :) sweet little arm rolls!

Haha cornfield love her lil arm n thigh rolls :)

Feel free to show off ur babies ladies xx

Had a checkup today :) She currently weighs 9lbs 8 oz!
So proud of her.

I have a question with hopefully no judgement.
Does anyone else sleep with their baby in their bed?
We tried getting her to sleep in her own-trust me.
With Tyler it was difficult but we got him to do it. Jasmine refuses to even consider it for half a second. So we chose sanity. My mother said she did the same with my brothers and I.

Attachments

• rj.jpg
    rj.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 7
  • rj2.jpg
    rj2.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 4
  • rj3.jpg
    rj3.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 8
Sweet tart she's gorgeous! These little girls and there headbands are too much!! :) I have 3 boys so a but jealous haha! We are sleeping with our baby too. I did with all three of mine. I wasnt going to this time but he wakes up as soon as he realizes he's not next to me. He just wants my boob as a pillow when he's not nursing ; ) hopefully I can move him to his own bed. My back is killing me though from nursing 24/7.

How much did your babies gain by one month check up ladies? Mine was 6lbs 8ozs at birth, went down too 6lbs 3ozs and now at 1 month is 8lbs.9ozs. I thought he might be over 9 by now with as much as he nurses.

Sweettart, no judging here! I had my first in bed with me since he was about a month old till he was aged 2 at which point I stopped bf! It was the only way i could sleep! I was falling asleep with him laying on my chest and it really wasn't safe. He refused his moses basket so bed sharing was the only option we had, is also very handy when breastfeeding :)

So far this baby sleeps in his moses basket at night thankfully but during the day he definitely loves to be held which I love too lol

Emi what a handsome baby you have so cute, sorry to hear you had so many problems but good to see all on the mend!

Baby Jan sorry delays getting on where atm, need to try harder as don't want lost this thread with you girls, that's right I had him on the 7th also :) he is cooing little amounts I love that he is getting chunky now :))
I tend to use cotton wall and plain water still unless like you it's late and the wipes are easy to hand

Emma sorry you was at hospital with baby but glad you got her checked out, she's just gorgeous I love our baby's hair lol

Although your little lady does seem to have a lovely thick full head of it, my little mans is a bit finer now a days bless him

Chickenpox and nits are going around reception class atm! The joys !!

Xx

I gave in last night and cuddled Erik for half the night. He just wouldn't settle back in this crib after a feed. I chose sanity over fighting him to settle in his own bed.

No judgement here either. With DS1, I used so much energy trying to get him I sleep in his crib night and night and was belong exhausted by the time I accepted that he's just have to sleep with me. With DS2, I tried once a night to get him to settle in his crib but would bring him into bed with me once he woke up. He ended up sleeping with me until 4 months then moved to his own cot gradually over the next 2 months with no problems.

This time, I decided before she even arrived that we'd bed share and have rented a co- sleeping crib. At the moment, she doesn't even settle in the co-sleeper but I like the cuddles and ease of breast feeding when bed sharing. Today is the first day that I've managed to get Erica to stay settled when I put her down for a nap (there's no chance of self settling yet but she normally wakes within minutes of being placed down).

Erica is only 3 weeks old and her last weight check was at 2 weeks. She was born at 8lb6oz, down to 8lb at 5 days but back up to birth weight exactly at 11 days. At 14 days, she was 5oz up. I'm planning to get her weighed in a week and am existing her to have put on quite a bit as she really feels like she padding out and she feeds a lot.

So glad that I'm not the only one! That's a relief. Some of my mom friends at home acted like I was a monster. :/ I honestly do not see how I could ever roll over on her. I would nap with Tyler when he was younger too sometimes and I am always aware of my babies. My breasts are also very large so they are practically kickstands for my body. :haha:

We both sleep better and it is definitely handy with breastfeeding. We have a good system going. When she wakes for a feed/change I know to switch the side we are laying on to give her the other boob so both are being equally attacked during the night. :rofl: Her nickname around the house is "Milky Milky the Boob Goblin" because she is alllwaaays eating.

She was born weighing 8lbs 2 oz
Went down to 7lbs 14 oz
Regained birth weight by 1 week and 5 days!!
Now at a month of age she is at 9lbs 8 oz

So I'd say she is doing great :)

Kickstands for your body lol....I have a couple of those too ;)
I call my little man milk face, he's always eating too. It's hard work gaining all this weight!

All these babies are soooo adorable!!! And growing so fast!!!

Sweet tart we aren't here to judge hun! My bub sleeps in our bed most nights and is the only baby ive co slept with. Some nights she starts off in the cradle but most nights DH puts her to sleep after ive fed her and she gets fussy so he puts her to bed with him and he can settle her pretty quick ( daddies girl already! ) last night though i put her in her cradle and she slept 10pm till 5:30am :shock: i woke to my boobs almost exploding lol she's definitely the best sleeper at night compared to my boys when they were newborns. Im feeling grateful seems i can't nap during the day.

Sweet tart she's gorgeous! These little girls and there headbands are too much!! :) I have 3 boys so a but jealous haha! We are sleeping with our baby too. I did with all three of mine. I wasnt going to this time but he wakes up as soon as he realizes he's not next to me. He just wants my boob as a pillow when he's not nursing ; ) hopefully I can move him to his own bed. My back is killing me though from nursing 24/7.

How much did your babies gain by one month check up ladies? Mine was 6lbs 8ozs at birth, went down too 6lbs 3ozs and now at 1 month is 8lbs.9ozs. I thought he might be over 9 by now with as much as he nurses.

Cora was 8lb 13oz born. 8lb 9oz at 2 weeks. 9lb 2oz at 3 weeks. 10lb 2oz at 6weeks. She's a slow gainer but she doesn't eat a lot (formula fed so we know how much she eats) x

Sweettart shes lovely..love her headbands too xxx

We avnt bed shared with skylar as we still have dd1 in our bed lol :)

Skylars 10lb 12oz at 15 days yesterday..
So thats 6oz gain since birth..
Shes thriving :)

Her hair is goin blonde already after it bein so dark at birth

Man they change fast !!

Xxx

Aww Eriks just had his 3 week appointment with the health visitor. He's 9lbs 12 now. (7lbs 13 at birth). He's had a growth spurt this week. Can't believe how quickly he's growing. He's got no fat on him, just long and lean.

He's so alert too. He played on his play mat for the first time yesterday. The change/develop so quickly don't they.

Baby Beatrice is sleeping much better than I remember my DS at this age. She is 3 weeks old today. She is next to me at night most of the time, but when I can, I shove her over into the co-sleeper next to me and hope she stays asleep. Don't all babies sleep better next to or on top of their mammas? By the way, Sweettart - - I think there is something in normal mamma-chemistry that prevents you from sleeping deeply enough to smother or roll over on your child. We all retain some awareness otherwise we would roll ourselves out of bed constantly, right? Every time she stirs it is as if I was already awake listening for her. The bed-sharing tragedies usually involve alcohol or some kind of extreme situations. Don't let people make you doubt yourself, just take some common sense precautions and enjoy these precious days.
We had a very difficult weekend. DS (4 yrs old) had a super high fever. It reached 40.2C which I have never seen before. We called a pediatrician (they make house calls for 50Euro, can you believe it?!) who thinks he has a bacterial bronchitis and started him on amoxicillin. I think this doesn't quite explain the raging fever which he still has 3 days later, (39.4C this morning) but his breathing is smoother at least and with a little paracetamol (tylenol) he is racing around the house again. I really really hope Beatrice doesn't catch this nasty thing, whatever it is. I think it could be roseola aka sixth disease. Has anyone had that?
I'm attaching the "surprised" baby face that Beatrice does a lot and a smushed baby face from wearing her in a ring sling <--great for fussy moments! cheers everyone! :flower:

Attachments

• b in sling.jpg
    b in sling.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 1
  • b surprised.jpg
    b surprised.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 35
Eleonora that is the cutest face!

Had a checkup today :) She currently weighs 9lbs 8 oz!
So proud of her.

I have a question with hopefully no judgement.
Does anyone else sleep with their baby in their bed?
We tried getting her to sleep in her own-trust me.
With Tyler it was difficult but we got him to do it. Jasmine refuses to even consider it for half a second. So we chose sanity. My mother said she did the same with my brothers and I.

I co-slept with both. My first would not sleep anywhere else. At only one week old he would stay awake the WHOLE night to avoid being in the crib and then only slept in the day when held.
Once I had him in bed I got a full night of sleep with him waking every 4-3-2 hrs to nurse. He went right back to sleep.
He is still in our bed because we enjoy the family bed.

Safe co-sleeping means for me: no lose blankets or pillows and small babies under their own baby blanket. I also tuck in his blanket on the side so it can't come up. My own covers are angled so they only cover me from hip to the back, but not in the front. I also tuck in my blanket some, under my legs so it can't cover baby. Also, sleeping on the side, facing baby with your legs pulled up makes it virtually impossible to roll over.

With Trystan I have to sleep halfway sitting up and holding him half of the night because he reflux raspiness/congestion gets so bad he can't breathe. I build some sort of wedge for both of us. When milk comes up and ge swallows or stirrs I can either sit him up and pat him or rock him. Sometimes he wakes every ten minutes from this, I am happy if he sleeps a full hour at night. He was sleeping better before his reflux got worse. To top it off he is colicky too. All because of the stupid antibiotics I'm sure...:cry:
I attached a pic of how we sleep, just with the wedge now, so more up.

He is gaining with the speed of light, already grew out of size 42, 48 and 50 (NB) which is crazy since he was so thin :wacko: looks like he is getting a quadruple chin :haha: Idk how much he weights now but I lost 5 lbs in one week :cry: which was not in my plans. Eating lots of Gluten Free bread , rice and potatoes for now hoping to not lose any more. Just not the ideal foods for my health.

Attachments

• IMG_20160511_004128.jpg
    IMG_20160511_004128.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20160516_200858.jpg
    IMG_20160516_200858.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 4
Eleonora that surprise face is too much! They are so entertaining aren't they? Cute!

Marumi he's super cute!

I'm glad I'm not the only co sleeper too! I just feel more at ease when he's next to me, even though my back is killing me.. :( it's just easier with breast feeding and it's nice to have the bonding, although it does put a kink in the love life ;)

Marumi, I have to of the same with my little one. She's ok lying in front of me on her side for a while but I have to prop her up on my chest when he starts making noises like a little pig. She's been getting increasingly fussy over the last couple of days so I think the reflux is becoming more uncomfortable for her :-(

I feel sooo much better now. :) It works for us and no one else's opinion is worth forcing her to sleep alone when she doesn't want to. It's so comforting to be able to talk with people who get that.

Haha she also uses my breast as a pillow when she's done.

I also enjoy holding her hand while we sleep. Her night sleeping routine has become so regular that I can tell the time without looking at the clock.
---------------------------------------------------------------
I hope that those reflux babies start feeling better soon! Stay strong and get rest when you can.

Eleonora the surprised photo is just the best.

Glad you feel better about the co-sleeping sweettart. I'm a big believer that babies don't come with a manual for a reason. A mothers intuition is what works best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->