April/May IVF buddies?!?

wantjust1more

Trying for #4,our Miracle
Reaction score
Anyone else doing IVF this month or next? I have my first appt tomorrow and it's kinda scary and exciting. I want to know if there is any ladies out there wanting to go with me on this journey! :happydance:

Hey want,
I just started my first step of IVF today...the Birth Control stage (seems so counter-productive lol)

So, if all goes according to planned, my actual IVF (the embryo transfer) will be beginning of May.

Good Luck with your appointment!!!

Hey want,
I just started my first step of IVF today...the Birth Control stage (seems so counter-productive lol)

So, if all goes according to planned, my actual IVF (the embryo transfer) will be beginning of May.

Good Luck with your appointment!!!

I honestly don't know what they are going to do, and if they are going to pergonal shots, what my RE will start with. I want IVF to be successful. lol..

I heard about the birth control part.. i know does seem like that. lol

Hiya :) can I join too? I have a follow up appointment on the 16th A's my last cycle failed and I just wanna jump right on board another cycle lol I'll either b doing a fresh ivf cycle or go for a frozen transfer with my one snow baby. - Haven't decided yet :D
Good luck to you both!!

Xxx

Hiya :) can I join too? I have a follow up appointment on the 16th A's my last cycle failed and I just wanna jump right on board another cycle lol I'll either b doing a fresh ivf cycle or go for a frozen transfer with my one snow baby. - Haven't decided yet :D
Good luck to you both!!

Xxx

Yay! can't wait to hear the news. I'm starting to second guess everything now, the clinic wants all the $15,000 up front before the baseline ultrasound and this is not guarantee anything. I looked at other clinics and same thing here in NM. I also tried www.arcfertility.com to go for financing however they still don't cover everything and i would be paying more out of pocket expenses. DH and I are really bummed out. we are afraid it's not going to work.

Want-ugh, thats not fair. I'm lucky to live in one of the FEW states where insurance covers it. I think every state should. Its a medical condition. I agree that they shouldnt cover it for people who just want to choose gender and traits, but it should be covered for people who are infertile.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

Flex-yay another buddy!! I just started the birth control a couple days ago to get everything started. We are going to be placing 2 embryos in at a time to give us a better chance, my insurance covers 6 maximum IVF cycles so we are giving ourselves 12 chances instead of just 6. ALso, want twins lol. But I'll be happy with one. Good luck to you!

Want-ugh, thats not fair. I'm lucky to live in one of the FEW states where insurance covers it. I think every state should. Its a medical condition. I agree that they shouldnt cover it for people who just want to choose gender and traits, but it should be covered for people who are infertile.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

Flex-yay another buddy!! I just started the birth control a couple days ago to get everything started. We are going to be placing 2 embryos in at a time to give us a better chance, my insurance covers 6 maximum IVF cycles so we are giving ourselves 12 chances instead of just 6. ALso, want twins lol. But I'll be happy with one. Good luck to you!

Thank you, I think we are going to try to do IUI with clomid and this time i'm requesting monitoring. I wasn't monitored the other three times. and i wasn't put on clomid. So I think by us doing this option will be better and better monitored. We are going to save for IVF... Don't have any other options lol

I'll still be here though!

Want - Oh my gosh - thats sooo expensive! I think im quite lucky as ill be paying 3500 which is a very conservative price (think its the best ive heard of in the uk). Its still a LOT of money to me though. Have you thought about travelling for treatment? I know of some people who do and its much cheaper plus they get a holiday too. :) xx

Jviti - Thats great that your insurance covers you for those cycles! I hope you get lots of lovely embryos! Is this your first ivf? Im wishing you all the very best for a smooth cycle :hugs: Your egg collection will be here before you know it :D xx

Im still waiting for my appointment - 10 days and counting! Im hoping to start asap - im so impatient!!!!!

It will be my first IVF. I am so nervous but excited!!!

Not long left till you start down regging hun - have they given you dates for scans and doses of the stims etc yet? xx

not yet. the only thing we know right now is that i start lupron on april 15.

Do u take the bcp until u start The Lupron or do u have to wait for af before starting it? With my ivf cycles I just took northiterone to induce af then started once I'd got af so I've not done bcp for ivf b4.

Hopefully I won't b too far behind you starting wise :D xx

I dont ovulate at all, or get my period or anything. So they did blood work and saw that my levels were still in the follicle stage, so they had me start on bcp. I do bcp for 3 weeks (april 1-21). On April 15 (last week of bc) I start lupron 10 units. I stay on 10 units until af rears her ugly head (although i think this is the first time I cant wait for her to come lol), then i go on lupron 5 units and FSH (i believe its gunna be gonal f 220 units) I am also on metformin. I have a calendar, but they said that we are gunna wait to plan everything until i get af. On day 3 (i believe) i go in for baseline and we talk about everything. I know I have to go on higher doses of FSH because when I did FSH for IUI, NOTHING happened until I was on 300 units. I did Gonal F for like over a month before we had anything over 8mm.

thanks for that hun :D Maybe you need to do a dance like the rain dance but just to bring on af? :haha: AF is always late for me when i need it on time - drives me insane!! Are you impatient to start the lupron?

Did they say that the under response was due to the PCOS? With my two ivf's i only got 4 eggs in the first then 3 eggs on the second round on 225-300iu menopur. The nurse said that she thought i had a diminished reserve but i think i remember my RE saying that some people with PCOS do not respond well to meds. I guess im one of those people. xx

yeah i dont respond well to meds. My RE wanted me to be on metformin because he says it can balance out things internally and make my body more tolerant to the medications.

I want to start the lupron like, yesterday!!! lol. I wanna like, pull my lining off so it will just bleed lol

i can't wait to join you girls-- I go in today or tomorrow to do a follicle check. I'm not doing IVF, but i have a feeling i'm with the right doctor. They explained how they do IUI and it was nothing like the last doctor. This doctor actually monitors me and will watch to see what side i am ovulating on since i only have one tube (the right side) and wait for that moment. When we talked about the whole IVF stage we talked about lupron and bcp, etc. so sounds like they doing alot of the same things here where i am. I can't wait to see what happens with all of us. I can see us all pregnant very soon! so i'm so excited!

Aaaaaa!!!!! I wrote a long reply but my computer just froze and i lost the damn lot!!! :grr:

Im going to have to go away for a bit and come back to post when i remember what i was going to write :dohh: xx

Hey girls- so I went in for the follicle scan...because i got a positive LH surge on Tuesday and Wednesday... well needless to say the Nurse asked me if I was pregnant.. CAUSE-- my endometrium lining was between 15-21mm.. She said that there could possibly be a pregnancy, or conception already has occured. She did a blood test preg, progesterone, and estrodial. The preg came back neg (she said it's probably to early), the progesterone was 6.3, and estrodial was 70. she said ovulation has already taken place and could have been a week ago or a couple of days ago. I told her i had a period on March 28th- i said it was blood, and clots.. She said that doesn't matter. I have to wait a week and take a urine preg. test..

I'm so confused i thought i knew my body the last three years. however, i'm confused on this and can't figure it out. DH said "it's meant for you to figure out"...

Sorry to crash ladies!

I am also in the 2WW! Had my second ivf this month and had 2 5 day embryos transferred on Monday, so I am only on day 3 of the wait, if there is one thing about ivf and five day transfer it means i only have a nine day wait, so 3 down six days to go!

Wishing you all well xx

Hello Ladies!! Can I join too:wave:
I go for my egg retrieval on Thursday - I have to trigger tonight:) 14 follicles and my E2 is 8000+, my lining is at 12.2mm. I am pretty sure we are doing a FET in May though as my clinic says they have better results with Frozen vs Fresh.

I wish you all the best of luck in your journeys ladies and lots of :dust"!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->