April Mummies 2011

Isis is becoming afraid of things too. Strangely, she'll sing the cookie monster song but then sometimes when cookie monster is on the tv she'll be curled up crying, or she'll cuddle in to me. She also is afraid of animatronic toys and I totally forgot about that when I ordered her a frog that swims around her bathtub and spouts out water. She loves playing in the faucet and loves frogs so I thought it would be perfect. Apparently it terrifies her. that was a very short bath and I had to take the frog away to get her to stay in long enough to clean her. Isis was afraid of our dog for a while until she learned to tell her "no". Its funny to me to watch her command a dog that's more than twice her size!

I tried to post yesterday but it got lost in cyber space.
Rosie is afraid of stuff now too. She got soap in her eyes and now doesn't like water on her face. She also didn't want to leave the steps of the pool but she used to jump in... she would still hump off the steps too. And I used to be able to turn a light on she she would go potty by herself at night but now she wants me to carry her.

I have the insane pressure in my tailbone!¡ it sucks! But one week from today we have out next ultrasound and that's cool!

i'm so excited to find out if it's a girl or a boy, i could pee!

also, dh and i made up last night...i haven't taken my bc yet since it ended last week (supposed to start sunday) and the last few months i've been kind of flippant with it. i'm praying for no baby, i like it being just abby :dohh:

I love see all the personalities these LOs are developing. :) I love hearing about what they are scared of. Toddlerhood is so amazing sometimes, when they aren't screaming at you 24/7 or teething or trying to kill themselves. :haha: When you take all that away, it is so amazing how nearly a year ago we had barely walkers, or non walkers and non talkers or barely babblers. We had nearly toothless babies. They were all still BABIES. Our babies are hardly babies anymore! IN A YEAR! It's astonishing.

I'm also starting to freak out a bit about the whole "sharing attention" thing with Josie and the new one. Ever since Cottles mentioned wanting to spend as much time with Toby before the twins arrive, it's been on my mind.

I want to still be able to give her quality time with me. I want to be able to give her one and one attention. I'm worried I've either bit off more than I can chew or Josie's going to resent the new baby for taking away mommy. I want neither to happen. I want to be able to manage my time so that Josie gets attention and the new baby does too, and hopefully they get attention together sometimes.

It's almost like i'm pregnant again for the first time. Thinking about VBAC, what is that type of birth like? Trying to be healthy and active (ha ha active!!). It's like a whole new pregnancy. Not to mention the fact that i'm double feeling everything on the symptoms chart.

So, i'm kind of upset that My grandmother is staying with us for a month even though at the time I said it was okay.....

I wanted to go on a camping trip last weekend of April but now i can't because that's when she leaves. How not fair is that?

Maybe I'm being selfish, but Michael and I are going to be starting a long distance relationship at the end of may! And it's tearing me up inside. Is it wrong that I don't want the second to last month to be filled with taking care of another person? :( Even if she is my grandmother and she could die at any time... I am just so conflicted over this....

i dont' think it's selfish of you at all! is there any way she could go home a day earlier? or maybe could you go camping a day later? with all the family death i've had (1 a year for 3 years, so far), i would say it is important to spend time with those that are going to be going BUT she's more then likely not 100% herself and wouldn't want you to remember her this way.
it's tough but you have to go with your gut and what you'll be comfortable with after she's gone.
the sharing attention thing is the #1 reason why i don't want another child.

i dont' think it's selfish of you at all! is there any way she could go home a day earlier? or maybe could you go camping a day later? with all the family death i've had (1 a year for 3 years, so far), i would say it is important to spend time with those that are going to be going BUT she's more then likely not 100% herself and wouldn't want you to remember her this way.
it's tough but you have to go with your gut and what you'll be comfortable with after she's gone.
the sharing attention thing is the #1 reason why i don't want another child.

She's definitely not the same grandmother I had growing up. But for almost 84 I say she's better than most. She gets a little more senile as the years pass but that runs in the family. I think if she left a day early that would be great. She would still be with us for almost an entire month. I think that would be the best option. We can drop her off at the airport on the way to the campground. Everyone wins. I'm trying to coordinate.

your font is too tiny it's hard for me to read on my phone you should make it bigger Dana

I take it back my phone just decide every couple of posts needs tiny font

I'm also starting to freak out a bit about the whole "sharing attention" thing with Josie and the new one. Ever since Cottles mentioned wanting to spend as much time with Toby before the twins arrive, it's been on my mind.

I went through this when i had Ava and im not gonna lie it was harder than i expected! I always felt like Emma was getting left out and it made me feel like i was being a bad mom :( Me and dh talked about it and we came up with a plan that worked for us. When he would get home from work i would go snuggle with Emma and watch a movie while he tended to Ava....We even do it now! I take her out to lunch or to the playground by herself so she gets one-on-one time! I've even scheduled a mommy/me painting class! Cant wait...even though I stink at painting!! :haha:

I already try to set up special mommy and me time for Rosie and I. Especially if I had a big work week and she is clingy I get to tell her in 2 days we are going to have a special day together and we will do xyz. I plan on having our time if day for the first few months I'm home too. Phone off and everything. just Rosie time.

Because I'm a SAHM and DH works in London, Toby and I are alone from 7:30am til 7 at night so we have a lot of one-on-one time. I guess that's why it's bothering me. I'm worried Toby will see babies in the home as being kind of taking up his time/space. I know he'll adapt quickly and hopefully he won't be the jealous brother but it's impossible to tell.

I'm having one of those useless days today. Toby's being a terrible two, the motorbike broke before getting out of the garage this morning and is possibly not repairable, the car needs fixing to the tune of around £400, I'm exhausted, keep getting shaky and feel weak as hell... I need a job and a pick-me-up.

Because I'm a SAHM and DH works in London, Toby and I are alone from 7:30am til 7 at night so we have a lot of one-on-one time. I guess that's why it's bothering me. I'm worried Toby will see babies in the home as being kind of taking up his time/space. I know he'll adapt quickly and hopefully he won't be the jealous brother but it's impossible to tell.

I'm having one of those useless days today. Toby's being a terrible two, the motorbike broke before getting out of the garage this morning and is possibly not repairable, the car needs fixing to the tune of around £400, I'm exhausted, keep getting shaky and feel weak as hell... I need a job and a pick-me-up.

I'm a SAHM mom too and Michael is gone from 6am to 6pm most days. If it's a good day he's home by 5:45. So, I'm in the same boat except Josie goes to daycare for interaction with other littles twice a week. She absolutely adores it too.

I think it's just the fact that our moments will have to be planned instead of spontaneous soon.

My best friend finally gave birth to her baby boy just a 3 hour labour bless her. So pleased and soooo broody now haha

Cottles feeling any better?

Ive ordered all of ollies birthday presents... so much for 100 quid budget :/

Hes getting a table and chair set since my bedroom is the dining room so we have no dining table atm and I want him to be brought up with table manners.

A slide, new construction site sand pit, mickey mouse remote controlled car, mickey mouse golf set and mickey mouse bubble blower lawn mower :)

And plan on getting him some new books and puzzles too.

Think thats enough??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"