• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

April mummies 2014 :)

Thanks Josephine :flower: I do have some tears every now and then but just need to get on with it as he's happy and growing.
He's 6 weeks today and has 4-5oz every 3 hours during the day and then goes from 8.30(ish)pm to 4am at night. It is on the dot of 3 hours in the daytime though!
We got the appt for his first immunisations through the post today :cry: Its not for another 16 days but it just seems far too soon.

Officially 6 weeks post-csection. Thinking it's time to pull out an exercise DVD. Little man can't join me at the gym until 8 weeks, so I am going to start at home.

How is everyone feeling? I am exhausted but the sleepless nights are so worth it!

Momofone, congrats on your milestone! I don't want to wish my time away but honestly I can't wait for my 6 weeks check up. Going stir crazy inside the house with my fussy baby, I need to go on long walks with the stroller to get my blood pumping.

We've had a few bad nights lately and I'm getting very exhausted and tearful. I know I should just be happy to have a healthy baby girl but all the fussing and crying is getting to me. It's my second "high-need" baby. It's not rational but sometimes I feel cheated for not having a content baby. I probably just really need sleep at this point.

I love to hear that some of your LOs are going 6+ Hours at night! It gives me hope that Lou will settle in a few weeks and we'll all be happier and more rested. Keep the success stories coming! And thanks for letting me vent!

Wow, 6 weeks! Luca is only 2 weeks today, lol. I am already REALLY looking forward to working out. I'll probably wait until at least 4 weeks postpartum, though. I've found pilates is a great way to start out. It's no impact and really gentle on the joints.

As far as sleep goes, between Luca and my 15-month-old, I'm lucky to go an hour at a stretch. :( it will get better, though... It always has. I just have to make it through the fog.

How was everyone's Mother's Day?

Josephinelou- I'm so sorry you are having a hard time right now. My second daughter was extremely needy and very fussy, but I promise it will get better. Stay strong momma!

wamommy- I can't believe it's 6 weeks already either. My 21 month old is still getting up at night. She doesn't get up every night but 4 days out of the week she wakes and needs a hug and a cup of water. The sleep will definitely get better. I was in tears at 2 weeks, but now at 6 weeks Odin sleeps from 800pm-1am and that feels amazing! And then both kiddos get up around 330/4 for their cup/bottle.

That's really encouraging to hear that some of your LOs are sleeping for nice long stretches already. My 2 week old will sleep for a 3 or 4 hour stretch every night but is up every hour after that. I wouldn't mind the 3-4 hour stretch except that he starts it from about 6pm so by the time I've bathed my 2yr old and put her to bed, I maybe get an hour and a half sleep before he's up again.

Josephine, sorry you're having a hard time. My daughter was an extremely high needs baby, I barely left the house in that first year so I can certainly sympathise. I'm yet to make a judgement as to whether this LO is going to be high needs as well. So far he seems a lot more chilled out than Olivia was at 2 weeks but he definitely has had his moments.

I can't wait to start working out again. I used to do 5 classes a week and would love to pick them all up again. I'll have to wait till BF has been established first though as he is a terrible cluster feeder at the moment. Maybe by 6 weeks I will be able to think about going back to the gym.

JosephineLou - I know exactly how you feel. DS1 was a very high needs baby. He'd feed then cry. I couldn't put him down at all during the day. My wrap & the baby swing were my saviours! He spent an awful lot of the day crying so is end up feeding him pretty much constantly, particularly in the evenings. At 6 weeks, he suddenly changed & got better but was still hard work when it came to sleep.

I can't believe that some of the babies are hitting 6 weeks already. No longer newborns!

I've decided to go swimming a few times a week to get back in shape once I have my 6-8 week check up. After Rex, I tried to go straight back to running & ended up with awful back ache & bad knees. I need my core to be stronger first so I figured swimming would help with that & it's nice and gentle & relaxing.

Sorry for those struggling with waking toddlers too :hugs: Rex is playing up at bedtime but STTN most nights now. It's only taken 3 years :dohh:

Leo is back to his birth weight at long last! :happydance: In fact, he's 1oz above it now :)

Has anyone bought the babyleggings from babyleggings.com the ones that are 5 free you just pay shipping?

I was thinking of doing this but does Anyone know what size they are? I can't seem to find for what age baby they fit. I think I saw somewhere infant and toddler but that doesn't tell me too much

Thanks everyone for the kind words. At this stage she won't go in the wrap or the baby carrier but I'm hoping she'll learn to like it in the next few weeks. She's in my arms pretty much 24/7 but at least she'll sleep next to me in bed at night (when she sleeps ;). I know from experience that it does get better at one point so I have to hang on to that.

DD1 was even worse until I took her to an osteopath at 3.5 months old. The osteopath worked deep inside her belly for 5 minutes, I thought for sure DD1 would scream but she just had the longest fart in human history and slept 9 hours straight that night. I couldn't believe it! She started accepting the pacifier after the second treatment and everything got better. There are no osteopath in the province where I reside at the moment but I'm taking a trip to Québec in 6 weeks and I'll make sure we visit one.

I admire those of you that have 3+ children! I don't think I'll ever have the courage and energy to go through this again!

Josephine, that's what I've said every time, lol. Somehow as a baby grows into a very awesome little person we seem to forget how tough this first stage is. That's how our race survives! That, and birth control failure in my case... :haha:

SazzleR, yay for birth weight! :happydance:

I took Luca to his 2 week appointment yesterday and he's doing great! He's grown a full inch and a full pound in a week (since losing 15oz originally). My son Max is learning the baby's not going to be leaving anytime soon. We have to watch him constantly because he tries to "bop" the baby in the head. :wacko:

Lol wamommy, When my mom brought my little sister home, I pushed her off the couch!
Momo, can you believe how time flies?? DS is also 6 weeks! It is even harder because DH left today on an internship halfway across the country...a tiny baby will no doubt make time fly, I hope so at least.
Colton continues to make strides on sleeping schedules! He goes 4 to 5 hours for the first feed stretch, then every 3 to 3 1/2 after that!

Hi ladies! Been a bit since I checked in! Jealous of your LOs who are all sleeping so well! Charles is pretty off and on. On a good night we will get a 3 hour stretch, then every 2 hours after that, with each feeding lasting about an hour. Probably half the nights are good and the other half are every hour and a half -two hours (feedings still being an hour long). The trouble comes with him not wanting to sleep anywhere but on me. On good nights I can get him in his own bed all, or most of, the night. Bad nights he will only sleep on my chest. I keep hearing it will get better...I'm just hoping its soon! It wouldn't be so bad if he slept in his own bed...when he's on me we both sleep poorly and then he's clingy the next day.

Came across this letter from a mom regarding 6week growth spurt. Great read
https://nurshable.com/2012/05/27/six-week-growth-spurt/

Hi ladies! Been a bit since I checked in! Jealous of your LOs who are all sleeping so well! Charles is pretty off and on. On a good night we will get a 3 hour stretch, then every 2 hours after that, with each feeding lasting about an hour. Probably half the nights are good and the other half are every hour and a half -two hours (feedings still being an hour long). The trouble comes with him not wanting to sleep anywhere but on me. On good nights I can get him in his own bed all, or most of, the night. Bad nights he will only sleep on my chest. I keep hearing it will get better...I'm just hoping its soon! It wouldn't be so bad if he slept in his own bed...when he's on me we both sleep poorly and then he's clingy the next day.

Aw...:hugs: DS only takes 15 minutes when he eats, so I can't imagine an hour! But then again, I drown this little guy when my milk comes down, he can't keep up!

:hugs: kksy. You must be exhausted. We have nights like that too where Lou is so fidgety that I keep her on my chest to shush her and tap her bum to make sure she stays asleep. It's hard to rest on those nights. Can you ask your husband to be a human bed for a few hours? I find it makes a big difference if I can sleep 2 hours without worrying about her.

I've been trying to get out of the house the last few days but Lou screams so much in the car seat/stroller that I have to turn around after 10 min. It's very isolating to be stuck home with an unhappy baby. So glad mom is around this week. I don't know how I'll manage after she leaves on Monday :( Better not think about it now I still have 2 full days of "built in help".

Azure I feel the same way that I am drowning Caitlin. My left breast does not seem to produce as much but my right breast comes out so fast and literally my daughter coughs sometimes. I feel bad.
When was a couple weeks old she would feed for like 10-15mins now I'm like if she stays on for 10min so I was worried she wasn't getting enough but she is gaining weight has the poop/pee diapers. I also pump and producing enough so I feel a little better about it

How is everyone doing? How are all the lovely little ones?

My daughter started potty training on Monday. I forgot how stressful potty training was, not to mention all while having a 7 week old. She is doing amazing though!

We're doing pretty well here! I'm finding it REALLY tough to manage my 15-month-old and Luca. He's only 3 weeks and a pretty mellow guy, but I simply don't have enough hands to manage right now! It seems they're always crying at the same time, all the while my girls need things that I can't attend to and I feel really guilty. Today I actually packed them all into the van and drove around for 45 minutes just to get a break!! :haha: I think it will get easier, but right now I am exhausted. I had it handled with 3... but 4 kids is definitely a million times harder.

On the plus side, Luca is growing cuter and chubbier every day! He's blonde like my girls, and he's big! He weighed in at 10lbs8oz today at only 3 weeks old! This is all after losing 15oz originally. :happydance:

You can tell these April babies are keeping us busy. It's very quiet in here!

I feel like I hardly have a minute between looking after Leo & Rex. I'm exhausted!! DH has a week off next week for half term so I'm hoping for a bit more rest! But an so some fun trips out to entertain Rex :)

Pretty sure we're in the midst of the 4-6 week spurt. Leo is fussing at the breast. I'm sore again! He's cluster feeding on an evening after having never done that before. And he's very clingy to me, not even settling to sleep for DH. Hope it only lasts a couple more days at most. FX. At least if it is the growth spurt, my HV might be happy at last with his weight gain at his weigh in on Wednesday. He was still only 9lb 2oz last week :wacko:

Hope everyone is doing well & having good weekends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->