April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Lily that looks great!!

Kristy, thanks! I have to say teenagers can definitely be challenging, especially in large groups..! But they can also be great!

So I was told this appointment would be 3 hours....it was 1! Not complaining as it was just the scan, but I was a bit confused as to why it was so short. Interesting, here in northern Ireland we do NOT get genetic testing done as standard. You can opt to have it done at 14 weeks, but you have to pay (only £27). The reason being that terminations are illegal in northern Ireland, so it's not offered as standard. Dh and I still need to discuss, but I think I would like it done. For downs syndrome and spina bifida, and there is a family history of sb.

Here's the pic - it looks like an actual baby today! Cannot believe how much she has grown in just two weeks! My dates today were consistent with my conception dates, so the last measurements must have been a bit off! So still 10+1, and due April 9th!

https://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p568/sljay1/66493c0af4b21ccb1d30feb403341600.jpg

Ooooh This looks amazingly perfect, what a cute profile! :thumbup:

Here genetic scans like NT and papp a are optional but 99% of the people are getting them anyway. Mine is scheduled for week 12.

Thanks, it was great seeing her in there, and dr said she was wriggling (but I couldn't see that!) the dr also made me laugh as she said "there is only one in there, sorry." dh and I were kinda like "trust us, that's absolutely plenty!"

You guys are so lucky you are going with your DHs for the scans. DH only came with me on the 1st appointment. I sent him the U/S with email and he still hasn't called :(

You guys are so lucky you are going with your DHs for the scans. DH only came with me on the 1st appointment. I sent him the U/S with email and he still hasn't called :(

:hugs:

A lot of ladies were at the clinic alone today, my dh actually felt out of place because he was one of the only men.

Maybe he hasn't had a chance to read his emails yet, but I know how disappointing it feels- I text the pic to our parents and brothers/ sisters and nobody has replied. I know it's because they are busy, but it feels like its because nobody cares, so you must feel 100 times worse waiting for dh

Doggy lover I noticed you keep referring to bump as her! Is that wishful thinking or just a feeling? X

:hugs:

A lot of ladies were at the clinic alone today, my dh actually felt out of place because he was one of the only men.

Maybe he hasn't had a chance to read his emails yet, but I know how disappointing it feels- I text the pic to our parents and brothers/ sisters and nobody has replied. I know it's because they are busy, but it feels like its because nobody cares, so you must feel 100 times worse waiting for dh

Thanks!
No pregnant ladies where I went today, I was the only one. There were some older couples (looked over 60) and a few older women alone, I think for mammograms. In the hospital appointment most of the ladies were with DH/BF and I feel a little jealous.

I'm sure he is busy, but it'd be perfect if he called me right away :brat:

Doggy lover I noticed you keep referring to bump as her! Is that wishful thinking or just a feeling? X

Haha, well we actually call our bump Bruce, but I have had a feeling since finding out that baby will be a girl. No idea why, and I'm going to look very silly when Bruce is born as a boy....but just a weird feeling! Obviously I don't mine either way, but I have always imagined myself with all boys, which makes it even stranger that I think it's a girl!

Anyone else have a gut feeling about what sex their baby will be?

Lily :hugs: give him a right telling off when he eventually does call, then blame the hormones!!

I had that with my daughter! I would have loved a son first, but when we found outi was pregnant, I was positive it was a girl. Couldn't even think of boy names! This time it's opposite! Can only come up with boy names! But we shall see! Are you going to find out what your having at your 20 week scan? X

Not that I minded or mind either way! As long as my lil bean is happy and healty I will be pleased! It would just be nice to have one of each! X

wow lily and doggylover, your little babies look great! Congrats on good news! xx

I dont mind what we have, I have both a boy and a girl already and both come with different challenges and benefits so I'm happy either way :D

here is a pic of my berry bump :)

Excuse the mess, our washing machine is broken and our land lady wont replace it so we have clothes everywhere!

[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/76341089@N03/7979329877/][img]https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8169/7979329877_f45954118f.jpg[/url] 20120905_093156 by Diamond449, on Flickr[/IMG]

What a cute bump UkGirl! Having both a boy and a girl is ideal isn't it?

I don't mind really, I like both boys and girls, DH wants a girl.

thank you :) yes DH also wants a girl lol. Having both is brilliant but they do fight a lot!!

ukgirl -- What a cute bump!! I'm jealous. Yours looks like a baby bump and mine looks like doughnuts and bloat (mmmmm, doughnuts). :haha:

I've been feeling very boy this pregnancy. Until the heartbeat on Monday was 173bpm! Since that was dd's heartbeat at our 12 week u/s, it makes me think girl big time! I know it's a silly wives' tale but I can't help it. I really don't care either way, just want to know. Find out in just 5 weeks 1 day! :happydance:

Hi everyone!!
9 weeks today woohoo! Only another 3 weeks till my nt scan. Though 3 weeks seems like forever... lol. Ms seems to have disappeared thank goodness. I'm starting to get a bit more cramping. Stretching I'm guessing because I'm starting to show. My 3 yr old actually asked me last night why I have a big belly? lol too bad if I wasn't pregnant. Kids always speak the truth, lol. How is everyone else going?
oh and I'm just curious, why does school start NOW in other countries? I'm a bit daft lol.:dohh: Very confused.

I'm a teacher in the US and we usually start school the end of August and go through the end of May. What do you guys do?

Hi I'm a teacher in the UK we started back last week and finish for summer mid / late July. We do have holidays inbetween though otherwise I think some kids and teachers may not make it to July!

In terms of holidays, we have a week in October, two weeks (ish) Christmas, one week Feb, two weeks Easter, one week May / v. early June then six weeks summer. So we teach in 6-8 week blocks.

What about you guys? Any other mad teachers out there??

I'm a professor! Thankfully I only have one course for just the Fall term. I teach first year undergrads. I'm also a grad student, so this is my first teaching gig! I have a horrid commute to get to the University, I live in Canada and I teach in the USA. :dohh:

Wow I have never heard of school going by the calendar year! That's kind of cool!

We homeschool so are pretty much always "in session" and take breaks when we want/need, which is working out fabulously now with me being exhausted a lot.

I always just assumed that all schools went by the calender year, lol. I guess that wouldn't work every where though.

Wow, I admire you for homeschooling. I just don't think I could do it! Is it difficult?

It's a learning curve for me, having gone to public school. And this being a one-room schoolhouse, so having to split my attention between age levels and learning abilities. But I like it. I so enjoy spending every moment with my children and I definitely feel this is the right choice for our family so it's been fun learning how to do all of this right along with them. Thankfully DH was homeschooled so I have his thoughts, and he's also a public school math teacher (though he works as a medic right now, not a teacher), so that is helpful since math is my least favorite and poorest subject. LOL

Here's the pic - it looks like an actual baby today! Cannot believe how much she has grown in just two weeks! My dates today were consistent with my conception dates, so the last measurements must have been a bit off! So still 10+1, and due April 9th!

That's a wonderful scan pic!! So glad everything turned out to be going well. :flower:

Dh and I have names picked out for a girl and for a boy... but I'm kind of hoping for a boy. (And although DH always claims he doesn't care which it is, and really I don't either!, I think he's secretly hoping for a girl!!)

Based on our BD timing, I'm guessing its a boy. Still a long ways to go before we can find out though. :coffee: So trying not to think about it too much! lol

I was at the second hand store the other day buying myself some maternity dress pants so I wouldn't hate life so much with all this bloating, and I couldn't help but wander over to the baby stuff... picked up a few gender neutral items that were suuuuuper cute! Yellows and greens and oranges. :thumbup:

DH and I have also told our parents now! We mailed them both off "We're Expecting"/ "Hello Grandma and Grandpa!" cards. Just waiting for the freaking out phone calls back to confirm they received them. I think my parents might get theirs today, DH's parents likely Friday. It's so exciting waiting for them to get them!!

Am I one of the few who are not getting the NT done? My partner and I figured that even if the baby is going to have downs, we tried so hard to coceive that we wouldn't abort any way, so no point in testing. Would only add to our worry.

Also very jealous of the clear scans. my scan yesterday was horribly unclear because I had to pee before the scan.

Baby looks happy and healthy though.

Attachments

• Babyartoo11a2d.jpg
    Babyartoo11a2d.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member