April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Lily, Doggylover and Ebelle - Beautiful scans! :happydance: It's cool to see how the baby grows so much over such a short period of time! My appt is tomorrow and I hope the dr does an U/S and prints a pic for me!

Littlespy and UKgirl - cute bumps! I am jealous! I have nothing to show for myself as of yet, except maybe some bloat or water weight. I have a feeling it will take me a bit longer to show...when I suck in there is not even a small bump there...How does it all fit inside? :shrug:

Nimbec- hope your day goes smoothly!

Since this is my first, I would be fine with a boy or girl...but I am leaning towards girl. DH is leaning towards boy so we will see at the 20 week scan. Seems so far away!

littlespy you're bump is cute too!! mine bloats out a lot so look like i've had too many donuts too!! I catch strangers now looking at my stomach... its weird lol

I had that with my daughter! I would have loved a son first, but when we found outi was pregnant, I was positive it was a girl. Couldn't even think of boy names! This time it's opposite! Can only come up with boy names! But we shall see! Are you going to find out what your having at your 20 week scan? X

Nope we are going to keep it a surprise! We have both names picked out already, so we'll be good to go even if I am wrong! If I am I will immediately start motherhood feeling like and inadequate mother!!!

Am I one of the few who are not getting the NT done? My partner and I figured that even if the baby is going to have downs, we tried so hard to coceive that we wouldn't abort any way, so no point in testing. Would only add to our worry.

Also very jealous of the clear scans. my scan yesterday was horribly unclear because I had to pee before the scan.

Baby looks happy and healthy though.

Ebelle we don't get the nt scan done as standard, we can opt in for a private blood test. If it comes back high risk you are offered an amniocentesis. I would have had an nt scan done, but now will not be going forward. Even if the blood test came back high risk I wouldn't have an amniocentesis due to the (very small I know!) risk of miscarriage. It's illegal in Northern Ireland to have a termination, so no matter what this baby is on his/her way! I would like to have been prepared in case something is likely to be 'wrong', but I'm not willing to take the chance. Plus dh pointed out all the things you can't test for in the womb eg sight/hearing problems, autism. So our baby is going to be one big. Old surprise when then come out!

I thought this was kind of cool! The top pic is baby at 8+1 looking more like two peas in a pod than a baby! And bottom is today at 10+1. What a difference 14 days makes!!!

https://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p568/sljay1/44f833319d5e386450b26fb655dc1203.jpg

Thanks for sharing doggylover. At least I am not the odd one out now :)

wow doggylover! Thanks for sharing the pics! That is amazing! Such a big difference in a mere 14 days!

It's crazy isn't it?! And amazing! I feel like I actually have a baby in me now :haha:

Ebelle, you're welcome!

Well I said I was gonna enjoy this pregnancy as I think it's going to be my last and not complain.... But as I have spent the last half hour with my head down the loo whilst trying to console my dd as she is worried about me bless her, but also trying to copy me too, I want to be in the second tri now! :( no more sickness please! :(

Congrats on the fab scan ebelle!
Cute bump Ukgirl!!
Doggy lover, huge difference! Hope my next one is as clear as yours!!

Xxx

Doggylover- wow what a difference! That is amazing! Thanks for sharing.

Am I one of the few who are not getting the NT done? My partner and I figured that even if the baby is going to have downs, we tried so hard to coceive that we wouldn't abort any way, so no point in testing. Would only add to our worry.

Also very jealous of the clear scans. my scan yesterday was horribly unclear because I had to pee before the scan.

Baby looks happy and healthy though.

We opted out of all testing last time and will again this time. :thumbup: Except for the big ultrasound at 20 weeks.

We make this choice because we wouldn't terminate pregnancy regardless of results. Like you, I'm afraid I'd just worry about the results. I'm delivering in a hospital with one of the very best children's hospitals in the state, so that influences my decision as well. If something were wrong at birth that wasn't seen on the 20 week ultrasound, baby would immediately be in the best medical hands around. We also have no family history of genetic issues so that's another part of our decision.

Well I said I was gonna enjoy this pregnancy as I think it's going to be my last and not complain.... But as I have spent the last half hour with my head down the loo whilst trying to console my dd as she is worried about me bless her, but also trying to copy me too, I want to be in the second tri now! :( no more sickness please! :(

I'm sorry, but LOL about her copying you!! :rofl: They're so ridiculous at this age, aren't they (Mine is almost 14 months)? I hope you feel better soon!

Thank you ladies for sharing your scans and bump pics. I really enjoyed looking at them all!!! It brought tears of happiness to my eyes...I can't wait to go for my next scan...but its 3.5 weeks away :(

I am feeling "not pregnant" today. Normally, I feel hungry constantly, tired, nauseous and sleepy. Today I don't feel any of that. Boobs are still sore, but that is about it. I hope everything is okay in there..

chig -- I'll pass along the words of advice my OB told me on Monday -- ENJOY IT!! My boobs are hardly even sore anymore. Almost no nausea. I've really just had a backache, bloated feeling, and fatigue since about a week ago. After seeing everything is good on Monday, now I wish all those symptoms would just move it along, too! :haha:

Oh wow doggylover. It's amazing how much of a difference there is!!!!

Phew what a long day but YEY i made it!! whoooo hooooo

Lilli thanks for keeping m ein mind! and your scan pic is great - how exciting!

Doggylover wow that pic is amazing i'm so jelous hehe i can't wait untill we all have our 12 week scan photos....not long now! and i love the comparrisson!!

Littlespy i love your bump!

Ukgirl your bump looks great!

Ebelle i think your photo is cute :)

Bsj thankyou i survived ....just lol

Kealz yuk i know how you feel its horrid i hope it passes very soon for you

Chig don't panic and enjoy my symptoms dissappeared in week 9 but are back now .....grrrr enjoy the good days :)

Hope i havent missed anyone!! Well my day was made extra yukky by the horrid rain - i'm a dressage (riding) instructor and teach outside - on the funny but not so funny side my waterproof trousers no longer fit and my jacket was so tight i thought i was going to suffocate LOL!!! Luckily i was only teaching at 2 yards just multiple horses owned by same riders and they know.....off to buy a big long mac to hide under for the next 10 weeks :blush:

Stopped at macodonalds on way home (not going to help the trouser issue!) suddenly found my appetite!!

aww lovely bumps and scan pics!! I finally saw the midwife yesterday. Wont get a scan date until next week however. Tried to take blood but couldnt get any! I now have to go to the hospital cattle barn to take a number and wait to be stabbed several times before the get any!!

Hope you are all well! xx

Nimbec my riding instructor always used to have the most amazing long mac, with the poppered sides so you can still ride in it. I'm jealous of you getting one!

TeAmo -- Oh, I know all about the getting blood problem. The woman at my doctor's office finally gave up and said she "thinks" she got enough (she was holding 3 full viles and 3 empty viles & just said she'd take some from the full ones and put it in the empty ones :haha: I swear I bleed more from a paper cut than I do when someone tries to get any out of my arms these days!). I've donated blood too many times in the last year and my veins are completely shot. Feel happy to have a valid excuse not to donate every time they come to work now. They come too often - 6 times a year!! And I guilt myself into it every. single. time. I think after this baby is born I'll only donate once or twice a year. The people just aren't very good and have been killing my veins.

I had the opposite blood problem today...wouldn't stop 'giving' even after I left the hospital!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->