April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Hi everyone!!
9 weeks today woohoo! Only another 3 weeks till my nt scan. Though 3 weeks seems like forever... lol. Ms seems to have disappeared thank goodness. I'm starting to get a bit more cramping. Stretching I'm guessing because I'm starting to show. My 3 yr old actually asked me last night why I have a big belly? lol too bad if I wasn't pregnant. Kids always speak the truth, lol. How is everyone else going?
oh and I'm just curious, why does school start NOW in other countries? I'm a bit daft lol.:dohh: Very confused.

I'm a teacher in the US and we usually start school the end of August and go through the end of May. What do you guys do?

Hi everyone!!
9 weeks today woohoo! Only another 3 weeks till my nt scan. Though 3 weeks seems like forever... lol. Ms seems to have disappeared thank goodness. I'm starting to get a bit more cramping. Stretching I'm guessing because I'm starting to show. My 3 yr old actually asked me last night why I have a big belly? lol too bad if I wasn't pregnant. Kids always speak the truth, lol. How is everyone else going?
oh and I'm just curious, why does school start NOW in other countries? I'm a bit daft lol.:dohh: Very confused.

I'm a teacher in the US and we usually start school the end of August and go through the end of May. What do you guys do?

Hi I'm a teacher in the UK we started back last week and finish for summer mid / late July. We do have holidays inbetween though otherwise I think some kids and teachers may not make it to July!

In terms of holidays, we have a week in October, two weeks (ish) Christmas, one week Feb, two weeks Easter, one week May / v. early June then six weeks summer. So we teach in 6-8 week blocks.

What about you guys? Any other mad teachers out there??

Nimbec: Glad to hear your DH is treating you better. I'm in that waiting mode too for my scan date, I'd call by 11 weeks.

UKgirl: I never heard that dopplers could have risks, I just ordered one going to research this now. Hope your son had a great first day of school.

Doggylover: I completely understand your feelings on your friend's pregnancy. I spent 3 years TTC before getting my BFP. I hated reading on FB about all these pregnancies. Then my 19 year old cousin got pregnant, she didn't enen care and after her shower she sold a bunch of the gifts online. Before her baby turned 1 she got pregnant again by a different guy. I don't even want to see her ever again. And I won't go to another shower.

Kealz194: I'm due the 17th as well, always battled with weight and I totally know when I am up and hate it when people point it out. Frustrating!

Maybesoon: Good luck with Your scan Thursday! MS sucks, are you taking anything?

Elohcin: I stress daily about MC, unfortunately these forms don't help. Sorry to hear you had one before. FX that you hear a HB soon.

Mommabrown: Glad to hear your bean is doing great, sorry to hear you had a scare. So great to gain a week. :happydance:

Littlespy: So glad to hear everything is okay with your little bean.

Bitsysarah: Is it possible you ovulate late in your cycle? Twins often are smaller then a singleton. I am pregnant with twins too but mine are in separate sacs and have separate placentas. It is possible to have two placentas with identicals if the egg split early. If both are measuring the same then I would say things are okay. If one was much larger then the other there could be concerns with one not getting enough. Heartbeats are a good sign and if you can do a vaginal they may be able to get a better picture and measurement. I conceived on July 25th and I am 8 weeks 6 days. I think you have your calculations off a bit. Congrats on twins.

Lily28: Good luck with your scan, I hope you get some great pics.

Dano: Glad to hear you had a good scan, sorry you didn't get a pic.

Honeymama: Welcome :hi: Congrats on getting your BFP!

Roma: I am with you on the waiting to announce. Sorry to hear about your prior mc. That is my worst nightmare to go into a scan and find out the baby didn't progress. It must have been horrible. :hugs:

Chig: I feel the same way.

Bjs2005: I wish I had that kind of energy, so jealous! Glad to hear you are feeling great.

Sweetangel: I can't eat anywhere near as much in one sitting now either and I stay full much longer. So weird!

Kristyrich: Happy nine weeks, kids say the darnedest things. So cute.

Sweetpea: Yeah for hearing a HB! Must be so great! Congrats!

Lol, exactly! Except once she got here I actually got to sleep thru the night until recently...seems like she stopped sleeping thru when I found out I was pregnant with baby #2, my daughter is only 9 months now.

My dd has been a terrible sleeper until the last few weeks when she finally started sleeping through the night (though, that's all gone to crap now because she's cutting all 4 molars at once :dohh:).

She slept about 9 hours a day total as a newborn/young infant (in like 2-3 hour increments; a couple weeks in my husband and I had to just start taking shifts with her as neither one of us was able to sleep playing the "sleep when baby sleeps" game. By the time we'd get to sleep, she'd be waking back up). No one believed me that she slept that little except my mom and MIL who both agreed my husband and I were exactly the same. :dohh: Payback is a b****. :haha: I keep lying to myself thinking I'll have an easy baby this time since she's such a mess (exactly like her mother). :haha:

So... yeah.... :rofl:

I think I'm actually BIGGER right now!

Attachments

• 23 weeks with Maisie 9+5 with Deucey.jpg
    23 weeks with Maisie 9+5 with Deucey.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 18
Thank you Jenn!!! As for the ms I'm using the sea bands and so far they have been great the last 2 days! I haven't puked once while wearing them. I have gotten a tad bit nauseous a few times but it's mild & over pretty quick! So I'm a pretty happy mamma for now!!! Mamma... Lol that sounds funny knowing I'm talking about myself!!!

April baby1 and Jenna mummy, thats so different to here. I guess it is probably due to the difference in weather. We start end of January and finish begining of December. There is 2 weeks holiday in april, july, september/october and then 6 weeks at end of year. Which means only another week and a half and my girls will be on holidays to drive me crazy, haha! I had found it so confusing as my daughters first day of kindergarten was 31st jan (my birthday) this year and then lots of ladies were saying their LO's just started last week and I was confused. lol.

LittleSpy, my tummy looks around the same size as that now. I always show very early. I haven't even told everyone yet. Thank goodness I can tell them in 3 weeks, I wouldn't be able to hide it any longer! lol. I love having a bump to show off! The start of your bump is beautiful. :)

Wow I have never heard of school going by the calendar year! That's kind of cool!

We homeschool so are pretty much always "in session" and take breaks when we want/need, which is working out fabulously now with me being exhausted a lot.

Wow I have never heard of school going by the calendar year! That's kind of cool!

We homeschool so are pretty much always "in session" and take breaks when we want/need, which is working out fabulously now with me being exhausted a lot.

I always just assumed that all schools went by the calender year, lol. I guess that wouldn't work every where though.

Wow, I admire you for homeschooling. I just don't think I could do it! Is it difficult?

Littlespy I love your bump I have a bit of one too I will upload a pic after the school run.. this is my third baby so I guess the ligaments are pretty used to stretching by now.. Im guessing that since you not long had DD the ligaments and muscles hadnt firmed up so much and thays why your bumps showing already xx

I think I read that dopplers themselves are safe its just if you use them for a long time and that midwifes train for years to use equipment like that and I have no training and might pick up my own beats so I prefer to hear the heartbeat in appointments. I might change my mind later lol xx

I would go insane if I had to homeschool.. I personally need a break but I do love the holidays when the kids are home and we can have fun.

Its time for me to get up now though so hope you all have a nice day I might go get some seabands for the school run lol xx have a nice day!!! xx

So... yeah.... :rofl:

I think I'm actually BIGGER right now!

:haha: You look good to me! I think it is all bloat hun, wait a couple of weeks and it will go away and then BAM! a belly again :happydance:

Jenn76 Thanks! I will post asap!:kiss:

Morning ladies just a flying visit as I have a sillily long day ahead. I will catch up with everyone properly either late tonight or Tom morning! Hope everyone is ok?!! (((hugs))) and sending some PMA (positive mental attitide) to everyone in the hope that I find mine to get through the day lol!

Hang in there hun, I will keep you in my mind today!

I'm a teacher in northern Ireland and we have slightly different holidays to the rest of the uk. We start the year on the 1st September (or as close as!) and have a two day break in October, two weeks over Christmas, two days in February, a day in march, two weeks at Easter and then finish the year at the end of June! So we have all July and August free! Glad to know some other teachers are in here! I've been so tired I've been snapping at the kids every day!

Doggylover: I completely understand your feelings on your friend's pregnancy. I spent 3 years TTC before getting my BFP. I hated reading on FB about all these pregnancies. Then my 19 year old cousin got pregnant, she didn't enen care and after her shower she sold a bunch of the gifts online. Before her baby turned 1 she got pregnant again by a different guy. I don't even want to see her ever again. And I won't go to another shower.

Thanks for this :hugs: there has been a lot going on in our friendship lately, and I was getting to the point even before she announced she is pregnant that I was thinking I don't want to spend much time with her anymore. I just disagree with so much that she does and that isn't how a friendship would be, I'm not being a by good friend to her at all.

SCAN DAY TODAY!!!!! Fingers crossed everything is ok in there...

Littlespy, you look great hun, at least you look pregnant, I just look like I've eaten too many pies :haha: can't do my jeans up again this morning lol :dohh: time to get the sewing machine out!

Doggylover I think all you lovely ladies who are teachers are wonderful! It would have to be a stressful job. Because I've been so moody I get easily annoyed by my own kids. It's like they know when I'm irritated and see how far they can push me. Grrrr.... Can't imagine having to teach a whole classroom of kids everyday!!

I'm back from the diagnostics center!

Here is my 2.05cm little moomin! I think last week looked better than today :haha: it must be an awkward phase. Officially 8+6 btw, the growth is consistent with the weeks!:happydance:

Also ovaries are clear and no other signs of things weird or scary.

Attachments

• atribb.jpg
    atribb.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 11
Amazing news lily and wonderful scan pic! Mine was similar yesterday, I deffo think it's an awkward phase for scanning! :haha:

Lily that looks great!!

Kristy, thanks! I have to say teenagers can definitely be challenging, especially in large groups..! But they can also be great!

So I was told this appointment would be 3 hours....it was 1! Not complaining as it was just the scan, but I was a bit confused as to why it was so short. Interesting, here in northern Ireland we do NOT get genetic testing done as standard. You can opt to have it done at 14 weeks, but you have to pay (only £27). The reason being that terminations are illegal in northern Ireland, so it's not offered as standard. Dh and I still need to discuss, but I think I would like it done. For downs syndrome and spina bifida, and there is a family history of sb.

Here's the pic - it looks like an actual baby today! Cannot believe how much she has grown in just two weeks! My dates today were consistent with my conception dates, so the last measurements must have been a bit off! So still 10+1, and due April 9th!

https://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p568/sljay1/66493c0af4b21ccb1d30feb403341600.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->