April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

I'm eating sugar by the bucketload too, it's crazy! Couldn't resist some chocolate mis-shapes in poundland earlier, trouble is I've eaten half the bag :dohh:

I could just eat a big slab of victoria sponge with fresh strawberries, jam & whipped cream right now. Thank goodness I don't have any or the energy to make one lol :haha:

Well I'm now sitting down in front of the great British bake off. Talk about worst program ever to watch when you need to be healthy!!!

But....yum!

Littlespy, thank you :dohh:

Guess I was expecting that to happen lol :haha: . OH and I were playfighting yesterday and I was trying to wiggle away from him... bad idea.. ouch :dohh:, then he spent the next 5 min rubbing my belly to make sure the baby didn't hate him :rofl:

maybe and doggy, I bring fruit and veggies to work as well but always end up taking the fruit back home with me lol. Ive been lugging the same kiwi back and forth for almost a week now :wacko:.
OH made cookies last night (I swear, If i get huge during this pregnancy, its mostly his fault!!! Good thing he is only home ever other weekend!!) and they were delicious!!! brought two to work today and of course they substituted for the kiwi... again hehe...

Omg i love that show!! Im really into apple turnovers with cream at the moment. mmmmm omg shhhhh about food! Ha.. by the way on freeview theres a food network channel with all american food mmmmm fat burgers and tacos mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Got bbc2 on now thanks to you doggy!! Foodgasm time! X

Did I just feel my first movements?! Two little pops and the a big one next to my belly button....nothing else, I gave a wee poke to try and stir baby into action, but not sure whether its wishful thinking.

Maybe baby is loving the bake off as much as I am!!

Possibly, doggylover! Wow, your uterus is all the way up to your belly button now? Maybe I'm just extra fat this go round (though I swear I'm only 20 pounds heavier at this point than I was with my 1st pregnancy!) but I still hardly feel my uterus poking out at all. :wacko:

I'm still not feeling consistent movement. Or maybe I've just been too busy lately to really notice. It'll be soon enough.

I'm mostly off sweet stuff except for the occasional craving. I'm way more into salty goodness. Was the same with my first pregnancy if I remember correctly. I got a lot more into sweet stuff the 2nd half of 2nd tri. I can hardly get my rings on in the mornings I keep eating so much sodium lately. :dohh: Ugh, now all I want to eat is olives and feta. :haha: Luckily most feta sold around here is made with pasteurized cheese so I can indulge! Totally having a salad for dinner now just so I can eat those things on it. :haha:

Littlespy I haven't the foggiest where my uterus is! I do know I have a decent sized bump just beneath the belly button...tbh I think it's just wishful thinking! Another thread I'm in they all a week or more ahead of me and I am the only one who hasn't felt movement, so I feel left out lol!!!

One crazy thing that happened to me over the weekend was freaking BH contractions! Not already! :dohh: It was after a really long day where I probably overdid it. I just really didn't expect to feel them so strong this early. I didn't start feeling them like that until 23-24 weeks last time. :shrug: And then it was only when I exercised. And I don't know if they felt like that yet. They were actually uncomfortable. Definitely more like I remember them being in 3rd tri.

LittleSpy I don't mean to sound like a complete idiot.... But this is my first & everyone keeps telling me "You will know when it's BH"... Ok really, how am I going to know if I don't have the foggiest idea what the heck I'm going to be feeling????

Hi beautiful ladies!
Glad to hear everyone is doing pretty well.
I'm finally in the second tri! 14 weeks today!

Maybe sorry your oh has been acting the way he has. He seems as though he has made a slight attempt of being involved though. My partner hasn't come to either of my scans :( though he couldn't really come to the last as my sons asthma was playing up and it was extremely windy and I didn't want to drag him out in that. In saying that though he won't even sit and look at the scan pics! Its wierd because he says he has no input or say in the pregnancy but them makes no attempt to be involved. Its a bit disheartening so I know how you feel. I hope you and baby are doing wonderful though and in time I think your oh might see what he has been doing and wake up to himself.

AFM- my hips and back are sooo sore. I can't imagine how I'm going to feel later on in the pregnancy, lol.
Does anyone know how long it takes for the nt scan and blood results to come back? I can't get my referal for the midwife clinic untill they do and I want to start going and having my blood pressure checked regularly. I had pre-e last pregnancy and it started with headaches, then migraines. I'v been getting lots of headaches again. :( can headaches just be a normal part of pregnancy?

Kristy - I think the headaches are normal. I get them alot to.

Maybe- thanks for asking... I was thinking the same thing lol

ASF, done with work and headed to the gym.

LittleSpy I don't mean to sound like a complete idiot.... But this is my first & everyone keeps telling me "You will know when it's BH"... Ok really, how am I going to know if I don't have the foggiest idea what the heck I'm going to be feeling????

Well, when your uterus is bigger, you'll be be able to feel the tightening from the outside with your hands. Mine would get rock hard during BH with dd. So, you feel that and for me there was also a feeling of discomfort that went along with it that was and is unlike anything else I've ever felt. My uterus isn't high enough for me to be able to feel it was hard this past Saturday but I got that unique uncomfortable feeling and knew it was BH. I guess everyone feels them differently but for me it's just a tightening feeling that I can't really describe. It's not super painful for me or anything but it definitely isn't comfortable. :shrug: I'm sure you'll be able to recognize what it is later in pregnancy but like I said initially, I didn't notice them until closer to the end of 2nd tri with dd. Don't know if I just didn't realize what it was before then or if I couldn't feel it before then.

Evening ladies! Telling my work went well, they were happy for me and my boss took it really well. Only one girl suspected, due to me having so many doctors appointments lately. I am glad they know now and I don't have to feel like I'm keeping a huge secret! What a relief!

As for the ladies with the sweet tooth, I have always had one and it really hasn't changed...ha ha. I just try to keep all things in moderation. I'm trying not to get into the mind frame that I'm pregnant and can eat anything I want (like I have an excuse to be fat now), because I know it all does not come off with the baby! I have to keep reminding myself that. Speaking of which, I need to get some more physical activity going on!

Doggylover, don't worry...I haven't felt any movements yet, either. I keep waiting for that first flutter. Being my first, I can only imagine what it feels like but I'm sure it will be amazing!

My 16 week appointment is on Thursday. I am considering asking the dr to bring in his portable U/S machine and get a sneak peak for a gender guess. The worst he can say is no. I am pretty sure I am the last appt for the day so he might be in a hurry to get done and go home, but at least he wouldn't be rushing to get another patient in. We shall see if I get the guts to ask!

maybesoon: sorry your appt didn't go as you'd hoped. But I'm glad you got to hear a good strong HB. I haven't been heard one yet, and I can't wait to hear little Fraggle's heart thudding away! :flower:

conundrum: welcome to the mad house! :winkwink: Glad to have you along for the ride!

ukgirl: Sweets and cheese eh? That seems like a strange combination. :haha: I've never been one for sweet stuff, and I find I'm actually even more turned off of it than usual at the moment. I'm in a weird spot in terms of food right now I think. The nausea feeling is gone, so I don't need to eat every few hours anymore to keep from feeling sick, and I don't really have anything in particular that I feel like I'm craving. Except maybe caffiene. :haha:

Bjs: I'm glad that telling your work went well! DH and I still haven't told anyone other than our immediate families. We're planning to start slowly telling friends and extended family as it comes up over the next few weeks, because we've decided that we want to make our FB announcement on Halloween, and we want to personally tell those close to us before then.

AFM, this teaching gig is still kicking my arse. I can't wait for the semester to be over and life can return to normal. At least for another few months. And then Fraggle will arrive and life will be turned all topsy-turvey again. :winkwink:

More bleeding for me, it was literally pouring out just before bed and I've just woken up to another run-out. It may be super heavy, but doesn't look fresh thankfully. Never thought I would be on my period and pregnant at the same time, very odd concept!

I'm definitely going for a private scan in a couple of weeks if the NHS won't give me one before december, its horrid not knowing what's going on in there!

Your girls are evil lol.

Ive just been reading and had to skip some lol..

Im also a sweet junk food eater :(. ive got my own stash hidden for FOB so he doesnt munch them lol.. Also drink cola alot more to and tea i dont like tea lol..

Yesterday i went past mac'ds and really wanted a big mac. I dont normally get them and i was on the bus to work lol so i couldnt get off and get one :(

I also watch the bake off show, there was one at the weekend and i just wanted some of the sugar thing they pop onto of cakes.

american food shows are the best though lol There was one all about ice cream and i said to mum im moving over to america as i wanna try those lol..

Ive got a bag of hard toffee sweets in my bags :blush: i did manage to buy those fruit bags things from asda but there no good when you dont have money to keep buying them lol Ive got a thing for pickle onion crisps to i could eat a whole bag of those space raiders or those transformers lol..

Just typing this is making my mouth water :( lol going to be good today or at least try. Cant be a good thing eating of those junk food lol ive so far gain from last week to, today 5lbs lol hope its not all sweets lol xx

Ohh boo. There was 2 pages for me to read this morning and i skip the last one as i was reading of those food ones. sorry ladies.

Ps i had super bad baby break i even manage to put coffee in my tea :S ive nottouch coffee in weeks lol x

I think there's something really wrong with me. I have had an upset tummy for 3 weeks now, terrible cramps in the area where I used to get my IBS pain. I can't take my IBS meds for it now so I'm suffering. But the pain is terrible. I think I might actually have a problem I will go see my GP friday if it's still the same. :hugs: Dan-O I hope it stops soon xxx

dan-O: I'm sorry to hear that things don't seem to get be getting much better with that. I hope you can get some answers soon, and that it stops soon! :flower:

ukgirl: That sucks that your tummy is still bothering you after this long. :nope: Definitely go get it checked out, and hopefully you can find out what's going on so you can fix it.

AFM, I'm on my college's student council and we're having our Oktoberfest pub night tonight. So my friend is the one organizing it, and we usually assign two people to each event, sort of for moral support. So I got that job. So the pregnant lady is helping to plan the Oktoberfest party. :dohh: None of them know I'm pregnant yet though, so I guess they're forgiven. :haha: I have a feeling I'm going to have to tell my friend tonight though at least. My anti-biotics are finally done for my sinus infection, and it's an *Oktoberfest* party, so the "Oh I don't feel like drinking tonight" isn't going to work... lol We wanted to start telling friends slowly anyway... so I guess she's first!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->