April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

i took two tickers away and its still giving me grief...ugh! annoying!

crownjewelz -- I'm not a veggie, but I was for 5 years from 18-23. Hotdogs have grossed me out since before then, though. :haha:

daisyr21 -- Congrats! Welcome! Most of my symptoms have all but disappeared today. :shrug: My tests were the darkest they've been yesterday so I'm managing not to worry much. I figure they'll come back with a vengeance in a week or 2 so I'll just enjoy the break while I can.

doggylover -- I don't know that I'll be having bacon and frosting again this pregnancy. But I can almost guarantee I'll be covering bacon with some form of chocolate at some point. :haha:

wishnhoping -- I really carbed it up 1st tri with dd. Gained 15lbs in like 9 weeks. :nope: Awful. Since I've lost like... zero pounds from my 1st pregnancy (other than how much Maisie weighed :haha:), I'm going to try to keep my weight gain 15lbs or less this time. :wacko: (edit: and that's 15 pounds for my whole pregnancy, not 1st tri. :rofl:)

Hello Ladies,

So I am terrified of the weight gain :blush: silly, I know...

I have set a goal to not gain any weight in the first trimester (maybe one lb is ok but i'm actually hoping that I lose 1-5lbs, so I have some to gain for the following months). Does that sound realistic? For those of you that have done this before, whats the best way to deal with it?

My BMI is on the high end of normal and I know i am expected to gain between 25-35 total. But with more/quicker weight gain, you are increasing your chances for stretch marks right?

Geez, I guess this should be my last worry but I read that if you can control weight gain in the first trimester, then it will be easier for the total pregnancy and after.

Steph, try not to focus on the weight gain thing too much hun. I know its hard but try just to eat and exercise as you normally would within reason. I was full of good intention with my ds but i ended up so sick i could only eat crap and ended up putting on over 5 stone which i have since lost. Just try and focus on that little bean inside you. You have no idea how you are gonna feel and pregnancy does crazy things to you. X x

Oh and Steph, re the stretch marks i only got them AFTER the birth as i had emergancy section and they rummaged inside me a bit ti get him out. Just invest in a good quality body butter or bio oil x

What symptoms are any of you ladies having at 4-5weeks?

Louise x

Steph, try not to focus on the weight gain thing too much hun. I know its hard but try just to eat and exercise as you normally would within reason. I was full of good intention with my ds but i ended up so sick i could only eat crap and ended up putting on over 5 stone which i have since lost. Just try and focus on that little bean inside you. You have no idea how you are gonna feel and pregnancy does crazy things to you. X x

I know you are right :blush:.

Since TTC I have been very careful with what I eaat and staying healthy. By no means do I plan to diet but I also hope to be able to maintain a healthy lifestyle. I figure that I'm giving the little bean the blocks to build its little house. No matter how hard this bean works to build, damaged blocks will lead to leaks in the house. lol Does that make any sense??

bacon and chocolate does sound great though :haha:

Do cravings start at different times for everyone? So far, I havn't had any yet (but then agan, i'm not even 5 weeks lol).

Oh and Steph, re the stretch marks i only got them AFTER the birth as i had emergancy section and they rummaged inside me a bit ti get him out. Just invest in a good quality body butter or bio oil x

I guess you never know whats going to happen right?!?!

I think my new policy will have to be flexibility lol :haha:

Hello Ladies,

I have set a goal to not gain any weight in the first trimester (maybe one lb is ok but i'm actually hoping that I lose 1-5lbs, so I have some to gain for the following months). Does that sound realistic? For those of you that have done this before, whats the best way to deal with it?

My BMI is on the high end of normal and I know i am expected to gain between 25-35 total. But with more/quicker weight gain, you are increasing your chances for stretch marks right?

Geez, I guess this should be my last worry but I read that if you can control weight gain in the first trimester, then it will be easier for the total pregnancy and after.

I was the healthiest I've ever been right before getting pregnant with dd. I had just lost 80 pounds! With ms, I just ate whatever I thought was going to stay down and that was a lot of carbs. Then I freaked out 2nd tri because contractions started (at 23 weeks) every time I even lightly exercised. I gained 40 pounds. :blush: But not one single stretch mark (don't hate me!). :winkwink:

I had a goal going into it of gaining 15 pounds or less. It just... I don't know. I couldn't make that happen. I have the same goal again, but since I'm starting out 35 pounds heavier this time (yeah... I didn't lose the weight from dd; had a bad bout of ppd and ended up at a higher weight than I was 9 months pregnant. I've lost 12 pounds since then, at least), I think it's more realistic.

Hello Ladies,

I was the healthiest I've ever been right before getting pregnant with dd. I had just lost 80 pounds! With ms, I just ate whatever I thought was going to stay down and that was a lot of carbs. Then I freaked out 2nd tri because contractions started (at 23 weeks) every time I even lightly exercised. I gained 40 pounds. :blush: But not one single stretch mark (don't hate me!). :winkwink:

I had a goal going into it of gaining 15 pounds or less. It just... I don't know. I couldn't make that happen. I have the same goal again, but since I'm starting out 35 pounds heavier this time (yeah... I didn't lose the weight from dd), I think it's more realistic.

You girls are so right... of course you never know whats going to happen until your in the situation. No way to plan it. As of right now, I still work out every morning and stay away from sweet and carbs... No MS yet (maybe still to early), so maybe i'll be able to maintain that?! Who knows lol

80lbs! Wow, that is amazing!! So even if you are above where you want to be, you are still way below where you were! Congrats! :thumbup:

So, I apparently just told my supervisor I'm pregnant. :wacko:

She kept prodding and prodding about what was "wrong." I guess I've been acting weird this week. I finally told her I have to tell her something and her first reaction was, "OMG, are you leaving?!" all panicked. So, when she guessed (Yes, I made her guess. :haha: She only had to guess twice.) I'm pregnant, she was really relieved. :rofl: Glad it's done. I've been agonizing over when to do it because we have some of the same friends and know a lot of the same people. I knew I couldn't tell many people in my personal life until I told my supervisor (even my mom because I don't trust her not to post something stupid on fb to give it away). I didn't tell my supervisor (different one) until nearly 13 weeks with dd. It's honestly a relief to have it done already and to know that if I'm as nauseous this time as I was with dd, she'll know what's up. That was so hard to deal with at work last time.

Anyway, she appeared to take it really well and she normally has a terrible poker face so I think she may be genuinely happy for me. :)

A few days ago I tried to eat mcdonadls just meant to grab a quick lunch and my body just about killed me. I dont think I will be eating greasy or fried food for quite some time after what i went through...lesson learned

Steph - on the stretchmark front I hate to say but you will never know if you will get them or not, even if you don't gain a lot! I had reaaaallly bad MS (had home IV's and a reglan pump after which constantly dispensed meds through a needle in my belly) from about 5 weeks preg until I gave birth! I ended up a little over 40 lbs lighter than when I first got pregnant after DS was born - and I STILL got stretch marks. Not a ton, but about 5 long ones on each side of my belly. I used bio oil which I think may have helped a little but they still popped up - and I had DS at 35 weeks so who knows what they would have looked like had I made it full term. My prepregnancy pants actually got too big for me during my pregnancy and after he was born - I guess even if you lose weight, don't gain a pound, or gain a normal amount - your bump is still going to be expanding and growing the most out of your body parts and there's no stopping it! :flow:

Steph - on the stretchmark front I hate to say but you will never know if you will get them or not, even if you don't gain a lot! I had reaaaallly bad MS (had home IV's and a reglan pump after which constantly dispensed meds through a needle in my belly) from about 5 weeks preg until I gave birth! I ended up a little over 40 lbs lighter than when I first got pregnant after DS was born - and I STILL got stretch marks. Not a ton, but about 5 long ones on each side of my belly. I used bio oil which I think may have helped a little but they still popped up - and I had DS at 35 weeks so who knows what they would have looked like had I made it full term. My prepregnancy pants actually got too big for me during my pregnancy and after he was born - I guess even if you lose weight, don't gain a pound, or gain a normal amount - your bump is still going to be expanding and growing the most out of your body parts and there's no stopping it! :flow:

Oh Boy! I'm sorry to hear that you had such a difficult time with your first pregnancy. FXd that this one is easier for you!

I guess in the end, its all worth it :happydance:

Oh Boy! I'm sorry to hear that you had such a difficult time with your first pregnancy. FXd that this one is easier for you!

I guess in the end, its all worth it :happydance:

Definitely worth it :winkwink:

I think a good indicator of whether you will get stretchmarks is if your mom had them?

Hello Ladies! Well i just want you all to know i am dedicated to this forum because i just sat here and read all the posts lol...took a while...I want to say congrats to everyone and lots of well wishes for healthy babies!

AFM- I am due April 13 as long as everything stays put and i got my first BFP on 7/30 with a very cheap test...and i have been POAS everyday lol...lines a little bit darker not much but AF is not even due till 8/3 so i was surprised i got a BFP at 10dpo! Symptoms are crampy, tired, mooooodddyyy, and just over all blah feeling...oh and my boobs ouch! I did suffer a m/c at 11.5weeks on April 13 this year so when i finally call my dr. office...friday or monday dont want to call too early, i will be getting regular blood tests and an early scan done since my m/c was due to a blighted ovum that would have been caught much earlier if i had a scan done before i had started to spot at 11 weeks. would have saved me much heart ache!

but good luck ladies and i will keep checking in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->