April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

April seems a lifetime away! But we'll get there :flower:

jcombs - excellent news, fab lines you've got coming along!

When you say it like that it is no time! August is going to fly for me, and September too as have a wedding in France. I think October and November, January and February will drag though. They are my least favourite work months!

Thank you all. And I was so so sure that I had lost my pregnancy. I am soooo excited right now!

I'm not feeling very impatient yet, just very glad it's in the works now. :) My 12 month old needs to stop acting like a 12 month old before we let another one in the house! :rofl:

I was somewhere with a lot of other fussy babies last week and the girl yelled back every single time another baby started crying/screaming. It was really funny to me, but holy moly. :wacko: Hope she's over that in 8 months! I hope she starts sleeping better, too. And of course I hope baby deuce is a little more easy going than dd. She's wonderful and I couldn't possibly love her any more, but she's one hard-headed, strong-willed, handful of a child and has been from day 1. Of course, I'm assuming #2 is going to be just like her. :haha: Because if I'm honest, the girl is just like her mom.

I'm excited that I'll be pregnant around the holidays Thanksgiving and Christmas. It makes me feel all cozy and I have an excuse to eat more!!

I'm excited that I'll be pregnant around the holidays Thanksgiving and Christmas. It makes me feel all cozy and I have an excuse to eat more!!

I feel the exact same about the eating!!!! Bring on the food!!!! :)

Get this: I just burst into tears because I wanted some chocolate and when my dh offered to go to the shop and get some, I started crying uncontrollably! He was laughing at me, and even I know how ridiculous it was.

We are both hoping that this is a good sign and my hormones are making that Kelly bean snuggle in tight!

Definitely! Though I'm going to miss the pate and soft cheeses lol

In relation to soft cheese...is it just cheese like Camembert, Brie etc, or does soft stuff like dairy lea and Philadelphia count? I feel like this is a really stupid question, but I genuinely don't know!!!

I found this info on the Mayo Clinic web site:
Unless these soft cheeses are clearly labeled as being pasteurized or made with pasteurized milk, don't eat:
Brie
Feta
Camembert
Blue cheese
Mexican-style cheeses, such as queso blanco, queso fresco and panela
https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pregnancy-nutrition/PR00109

In relation to soft cheese...is it just cheese like Camembert, Brie etc, or does soft stuff like dairy lea and Philadelphia count? I feel like this is a really stupid question, but I genuinely don't know!!!

Pasteurzied cheese is fine, I think. :thumbup:

Edit: In the US big grocery stores, even most soft cheeses are made with pasteurized milk, I think. It says on the label if it is. I imagine it would be similar in the UK but I could very well be wrong.

Philly is fine, as is Primula. I imagine Dairy Lea is too. If its pasteurised its fine. But Brie, Camembert, Stilton and other blue cheeses are a no no as they're not pasteurised - unfortunately : )

QUESTION: On what day (if you were tracking it) do you think you ovulated?

On that, my hens are finally almost to laying age and I was really looking forward to fresh, grass-fed eggs.

I know I'm not supposed like go out to the coop and lick my chickens or anything, but fresh eggs should be okay, right? As long as we handle them properly? Here comes the paranoia! :dohh:

Good afternoon lovely ladies :flower:
Ugh terrible nausea this morning and a wave of it this afternoon! This pregnancy is already so different! With DS I had NO nausea, what so ever, and I was tired as heck. This time around just SLIGHTLY more energy and nausea!!! But I'll take it as a good thing, I know my body is doing what it is supposed to do :) So, I was at a baby/childrens consignment shop today and couldn't resist the arm's reach mini co-sleeper for $34.00!! Had to get it! That is the only thing that we need for this LO too! It is super super cute, and of coarse I had to POS today haha

What symptoms are any of you ladies having at 4-5weeks?

Periodic mild queasiness and reduced appetite, tender BBs, visible veins on BBs and upper chest, occasional cramps (both AF-like and sharp pinchy ones), a little gassy. Legs and arms getting itchy even though my skin doesn't seem to be dry. Nothing too disruptive so far, thankfully!

Do cravings start at different times for everyone? So far, I havn't had any yet (but then agan, i'm not even 5 weeks lol).

I haven't had any cravings yet, either! Actually my interest even in foods I really like (pizza, curry) has gone down... Normally I have to restrain myself from overeating in those situations, but recently I haven't even been tempted to have more than a normal portion.

Look what arrived this morning! :happydance: Lovely wedding anniversary present! YIPPEE.

Woohoo! Congrats, and happy anniversary!

QUESTION: On what day (if you were tracking it) do you think you ovulated?

I was tracking with OPKs and got my one positive result on the morning of the 16th (CD 15). The box says you're supposed to ovulate 24-48 hrs after a positive, but I'm pretty sure I ovulated that evening, because I got some very sharp pains near my left hip, which I hadn't gotten before and didn't get again after.

On that, my hens are finally almost to laying age and I was really looking forward to fresh, grass-fed eggs.

I know I'm not supposed like go out to the coop and lick my chickens or anything, but fresh eggs should be okay, right? As long as we handle them properly? Here comes the paranoia! :dohh:

I think you should be fine. Maybe wear latex gloves just in case?

And thank you every one for the cheese advice!

Just cried again...:haha: I'm a mess today!

I ovulated on cd32 (ridiculous I know!)

Your eggs will be fine as long as they're well-cooked. I know with supermarket ones if they're lion-stamped then they're safe - even with runny yolks. But thats because the hens are vaccinated against (I want to say - Salmonella???? - I could be wrong about what the vacc is for). If your hens are not vaccinated - I'd imagine they're not, why would you? I wouldn't if they were mine! - then maybe best to eat them hard for now. Your hens will still be laying lovely fresh eggs in 8 months time when you can eat them soft and yummy : ) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->