April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

doggylover -- Sorry your friend is being inconsiderate. :nope: You know, to be honest, it wasn't until I was on forums like this that I realized I can come across as one-sided like that. It's not because I'm self-absorbed, though. It's because I'm introverted and if I had my way, a lot of times the conversation wouldn't have ever started to begin with. Not because I don't want to talk, necessarily, but because I'm just terrible at it and I don't know what to say and what's appropriate and stuff like that (sad, right? :haha:). It's the other person who started asking me questions and I wouldn't have really cared to start talking to them otherwise just to avoid being socially awkward. :blush: But I have realized how that can come across to people so I make an effort now. It's just like how I never used to look up and speak to people as I passed by them. Apparently that comes off as bitchy. I am not naturally a people person. But realizing how it comes across to others, now I generally speak or smile or wave first in passing. Not trying to defend your friend by any means, but maybe she hasn't had that same realization.
:shrug:

Yuck, I'm having round ligament pain on the left today. Every time I walk. Seems far too early in the game for that to be happening! It's blowing my mind that it's November and that I'm already 17 weeks along. :wacko:

Hi all hope everyone is keeping well, had a mega busy few days, we stayed up in London and then ive been having terrible headaches which are doing me in and making me sick. My little man has had a terrible cough too so we havent had a deceent nights sleep in over a week so we are all knackered lol.

Mommabrown, congrats on the girl! And lovely name.

UKgirl ive sent you a fried request via fb

Doggylover, your friend sounds very weird and rude, i wouldnt bother with her anymore, i dont have time for people like that.

Maybesoon, your OH really needs to wise up quick! You have been so strong I really hope things sort themselves out soon for all of you.

Littlespy, I second you on the fisher price seahorse! we have it in blue and swear by it!

So i had a consultant last week and discussed my birth options, i can have a section which is what iwant, due to issues last time and me having a EMCS then, but im going to be going to a birthing choice meeting which is basically where a mw will discuss all aspects of my previous birth and labour from my previous notes and explain everything to me/. I will then see the consultant at 36 weeks which is when il get a c section date. seems so far away at the mo!

Littlespy I worry that sometimes I can be the same! But at least we are both aware of that and work hard to try and remedy it. My friend is usually really good at asking how I am, how my job is, when I'm off etc, so I don't think that this is what it is. I don't know if she is uncomfortable asking me because this is something that I have been preparing for forever and it kind of fell on her, or if she is annoyed at me for some reason. But it's very out of character, which is why I have noticed it and been upset.

It doesn't help that I'm off work today and therefore spending my entire day thinking about it!

Sorry you are feeling crappy today, take it easy and keep the weight off.

Morning Ladies!!

Little Spy just think if it's stretching baby is growin!! I know i can't believe it is Nov already. I swear it was just like yesterday we were getting those 2 pink lines! Before you know it April will be here!!

How are all the other mummies doing this morning?

Afm, we upload the pic of the Emmaleigh yesterday and it seemed alot of people were oblivious to my pregnancy but were very happy. I thought everyone knew! Ha that's what i get for thinking. Also found out yesterday my BIL's gf is pregnant with their 1st baby and is due on my birthday in June!! So yesterday was a very exciting day for us.

Littlespy I worry that sometimes I can be the same! But at least we are both aware of that and work hard to try and remedy it. My friend is usually really good at asking how I am, how my job is, when I'm off etc, so I don't think that this is what it is. I don't know if she is uncomfortable asking me because this is something that I have been preparing for forever and it kind of fell on her, or if she is annoyed at me for some reason. But it's very out of character, which is why I have noticed it and been upset.

It doesn't help that I'm off work today and therefore spending my entire day thinking about it!

Sorry you are feeling crappy today, take it easy and keep the weight off.

Well Doggylover I am sure maybe it is that she has alot on her mind or not even notice she did it. Being pregnant has made me very different acting too...i try to not talk about the baby all the time with everyone because i feel we are leaving everyone else out, especially my older children so i get kind of irritable when everyone keeps asking me the same things over and over and i get bitchy. Maybe she just had an off day if this isn't normal for her. Just give her a ring and talk with her about it or even invite her out to do something and tell her how you feel. You will only be wondering if you never really confront it. Try to think about you and baby and have a good day on your day off hun!:hugs:

Thanks mommabrown :hugs: I think I will arrange to do something with her next weekend (its actually her bday on Saturday, but I have a wedding) and see how that goes. I know I shouldn't worry too much about it, and everyone keeps saying just to cut her out, and I do think maybe I should, but at the end of the day we have been friends for 11 years...I dunno. She's driving me insane :haha:

doggylover.... I'm with ukgirl & Steph... Call her out on it. That is absolutely selfish & she could at least acknowledge you.

Hopefully November 17th I can add one to Team Blue... But then again, I'll be happy for a healthy little bean either way it goes!!!

Hope everyone had a great time last night with Halloween! I went trick or treating with my bff & her family. It was a blast as her 2 yr old Rayleigh is so funny.... She always has me laughing til the time I leave.

Hope everyone has a great day!

:loopy:Ha Ha i know it seems as pregnant women it doesn't take much to push our buttons. 11 years is along time to be friends with someone and i don't think i could brush them off that easy either after all you have been through together in those 11 years. :hugs:

Speaking of loopy i am craving some Orange sherbet ice cream and it is only 10:00 am...I am going to try to hold off till after noon to dig in but it sounds so yummy right now!! Plus i have the kids candy bags from Halloween i can raid! :haha:

Littlespy - I'm the same, I'm crap in social situations. I talk way too much to fill any weird silences and I nod way too often when I do manage to look at people's faces lol.

Doggylover - I have an aunty who has a 1 year old and she is always trying to input my conversations on facebook with others or things that are absolutely nothing to do with her, about her own pregnancy experiences and I feel annoyed about it, because I know this is my last baby I'm going to have and I know how fast it goes so I want it to all be about me, I know that sounds selfish but, she is going to have her chance to brag about being pregnant again in a year or 2 and I wont, so I'm enjoying it as much as possible now. If this is your friends first baby she may not want to share her experiences with anyone, she might want to have her time in the spotlight if you can see what I'm trying to say? I'm crap at describing things so I hope you understand what I mean, but it wouldn't hurt her to ask you how you are, maybe she has no idea she's being so one sided, some people get so wrapped up in their own lives during these times that they forget about everyone else, and she has been your friend for 11 years, you really cant just throw that away, which is why I said, drop a hint r call her out. She is a good friend so she shouldn't be upset :)

melissasbump - I added you to the facebook group :)

and Littlespy was that your little girl with the pumpkin pic on facebook last night? It was such a cute way of announcing another girl!!

baby hasnt kicked for almost 2 days now :/ I'm getting worried, I heard the heartbeat last night and it was strong, I have the midwife tomorrow afternoon. Just hope all is well with bean :/ x

ukgirl -- Haha, yes, that was Maisie in the picture being the big ol' goofball that she is. <3 And I'm sure baby is fine. I think we're way too early on to be worrying too much about not feeling anything for a few days. :flower: I know this one only really boogies when I eat too much sugar. :blush: And I still don't feel her strong and hard. If I'm preoccupied or super busy, I don't notice her banging around at all right now.

I totally understand what you mean ukgirl! With my family I am the same as you - I want to be the star of the show for the next few months, and love talking about baby with them! And tbh my friend hasn't got any sisters and she has always seen us as family, so maybe that's part of it. But still not unreasonable to expect a "how are you"!!!

Sooo my dh just text to tell me our car seat arrived at his work! I'm so excited!mtjis is our first big buy!!

ukgirl -- Haha, yes, that was Maisie in the picture being the big ol' goofball that she is. <3 And I'm sure baby is fine. I think we're way too early on to be worrying too much about not feeling anything for a few days. :flower: I know this one only really boogies when I eat too much sugar. :blush: And I still don't feel her strong and hard. If I'm preoccupied or super busy, I don't notice her banging around at all right now.

What an excuse to eat candy!!! I'd be piling it into me to get LO to move :haha: not that it takes much to get me eating junk food...!

I drank cola and got a few kicks... baby must be concentrating on developing and sleeping lots lately.. I think I compare my pregnancies too much thats my problem!!

Youre little girl was so super cute dressed as a pumpkin sat next to a pumpkin! She really is adorable. I have no idea how we are going to announce yet. we find out on the 26th so I might keep it secret until the 1st of decemeber and write a xmassy type announcement.

doggylover Im glad Im not the only one wanting the spotlight and you are right she should atleast ask how you are. Xx

as for the car seat.. yay!

Afm my mum is superstitous so most of our shopping will be done after our 24th week. I am however putting aside some cashlings to spend when I find out which team we are on! Xx

in the november gender scan thread boys are dominating the girls by a mile.

Ukgirl I am quite superstitious as well, and feel really awful about buying the car seat! But it was in offer and I'm too cheap to pass that up :haha:

Lol doggylover I dont blame you! We already have our crib. my friend was giving it away on facebook so I grabbed it. that is 150 quid spared in my book! Mum just wont let me put it up until 24 weeks lol..

bad friends must be in fashion! My friend was meant to come visit today but she hasnt. she hasnt even text me to say that shes not coming. I blitzed the flat this morning too because she was coming :(

lol.... My bff wouldn't let me get anything until the 13 week mark.... In her defense she has had a LOT of miscarriages. She made me promise that I wouldn't even accept a gift of any kind before 13 weeks. Then once I hit that mark she unloaded a ton of bottles, crib, swings, the list goes on & on.... Now if I'm having a girl I'll be all set with clothes too.... She has a ton that her youngest Chandler didn't even wear. I know... That makes me insane for wanting a boy!!!!

Right now I'm eating like a fat cow.... I have been all week. I bet I have put on 10lbs alone this week..... I'm just so hungry and it's not healthy food I'm eating either.... I really need to get ahold of it before I go back to the doc on November 12th & she totally has a stroke over my weight gain!!!

bad friends must be in fashion! My friend was meant to come visit today but she hasnt. she hasnt even text me to say that shes not coming. I blitzed the flat this morning too because she was coming :(

That is unbelievably rude. We should set them all up their own group :haha:

maybesoon, ive put on loads of weight too oooopppsss. I promised myself i wouls put on as much this time (i put on 5 stone last time!) but saying that i did manage to lose it all

I have had little, to no appitite at all ... until about 2 weeks ago :dohh:

Been eating everything in sight now and i'm sure i'll end up high at my next doc visit on Thursday :haha:

Oh ladies don't worry I am eating like a beast! And again, not healthy stuff! And dh just arrived home with crisps/chips (a share bag. I will eat them all) and a big bar of chocolate!! I feel awful...but I have NO SELF CONTROL!!!

I've put on about 7lbs so far, and so I'm hoping that I won't go much over about 20lbs. I don't know if that's possible...but I was maybe 3/4 lbs heavier than I should have been when I started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->