April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Steph, it's the law that your employer provide you with a private place to pump that isn't the bathroom. :thumbup:

I thought I'd just pump in my car, too. Um, no. I didn't have private office then, either so they ended up giving me a key to one of the maintenance guy's workshops. It had a latch on the inside so he couldn't come in even though he had a key. And they made me put a sign on the door that said for no one to enter so that there'd be no mishaps with him in case I forgot to latch the door or something. He was always very awkward when I busted up in there while he was in there. :haha: He would just sheepishly say he'd be back later and leave me to it. :rofl: Poor guy.

bwahahahaha LittleSpy that is awesome (and akward at the same time)!

I do have my own storage room that only I have access to, but its a little bit of a walk... I feel like I'll be doing the walk of shame to go there and back :haha:. There is another storage room that I could probably get access to but how loud are pumps? I can imagine sitting in there... closed door... being milked like a cow (sorry but thats the visual I get from that stupid pump advertisement with the double breast pump and bra thing :rofl:)... and everyone being able to hear whats going on :haha:. I don't like to pee with anyone in earshot, can't imagine this being any better lol.

and the horror of storing my milk in the company fridge ahaha. I should add that we are a small company with mostly men... I don't mind at all but its just odd. I don't believe they have ever had a pregnant or nursing mom working here :dohh:. I can see myself reminding the men to please use the "other milk" ahahahah

I'll be going back to work at about 6weeks & since I have my own office I plan on pumping. Hopefully all will go right. I have a fear of not producing enough milk. That seems to be an issue with my cousins on my dad's side & we are all pretty much like conjoined twins when it comes to things....

Littlespy I can just imagine the poor maintenance man! Not knowing. Way to do with himself! :haha: luckily I'll have at least 9 months, hopefully a year, off (if I have a job to go back to, I'm on a temp contract covering a career break) so by the time I am ready to go back to work I imagine my LO will be off breastmilk. Ideally at a year, but if needed at the 9 months.

Hi Guys,

Just wrote a whole message replying to everyone on word and then my laptop froze and its all gone!!!!! :(

As you can imagine, I cannot be bothered to do it all again, so hope your all well and will update soon!

Much love xxx

I used an insulated bag and refreezeable ice packs to store the pumped milk. :)

If you're not going back to work do you still have to get a big pump? I mean I know eventually I will want to leave the baby with family when we want to get out of the house etc so will need to use bottles and expressed milk then, but I am just trying to figure out if I really need a pricey pump when I am going to be a SAHM? Should I just wait and get one later?

I get the electric advent pump this time round.. im a sahm but pump out the excess and store it. I had the manual pump and it was so tiring on my hand. Hopefully the electric one will do it quicker.

Hi Guys,

Just wrote a whole message replying to everyone on word and then my laptop froze and its all gone!!!!! :(

As you can imagine, I cannot be bothered to do it all again, so hope your all well and will update soon!

Much love xxx

I hate it when that happens!!!! I hope you and your little lady are doing well.

Kirstabelle I am wondering the same thing. I won't be a SAHM, but will be at home for at least 9 months. Luckily my SIL has two pumps I can borrow, but if you aren't intending on using a pump too much I would go with a manual at first, and them if you find you need/want to use it more maybe invest in an electric.

Morning ladies, I am a sahm and am hoping to breastfeed! I still have breast pump from lo, just need to buy new bits! It's a manual avent hand pump! I thought I'd use it loads, but not really! But when I did use it I didn't really struggle with hand cramps! And I bought some breast milk storage bags for the freezer! I'm really hoping I breast feed this time round, unmanaged to do it for 6 months last time as I was expecting to go back to work a month later, then I was made redundant! Stopped breast feeding for nothing! But it was not with out its complications! My lol didn't latch on very well, she wouldn't open her mouth wide enough! So instead of helping me through it mw gave me some nipple shields! It's basically a teat for you boob! Ladies don't use them! I could not get lo of it and although she was getting bmilk! It reduced my milk supply a bit and was bloody awkward being out in public and having to put the sheiks on first, and as baby got older she would knock it off.... Sigh lol made it very impossible for ppl not to get a peek at my boobs haha! So this time I shall not be using them!!! Xxx

Morning all!
Thankyou everyone for the warm welcome :flower:

I'd just like to say that I am so jealous of those of you who have massive appetites at the moment lol. Mine is still non existent and it's driving me insane :dohh:

I lost about a stone during the first tri, and while I'm pretty sure I haven't lost any in the last couple of weeks, I know I haven't gained either :nope:

Ukgirl, I'm with you on the heartburn, didn't have it while pregnant with my son until the third tri, this time it hit me at the same time as the MS :cry:

Mommabrown, congrats on team pink :happydance: I think I may be joining team blue again :thumbup: , but I could be completely wrong (it has been known). As long as it's healthy, I'm happy :happydance:

Melon you've lost a stone? Holy moly! But as long as you are still managing to eat something, and getting all your vitamins try not to worry too much. And if your mw or doctor hasn't mentioned it try not to panic. Are you planning on finding out the gender of your baby? Or staying team yellow?

Actually all ladies, if you are planning on staying team yellow, can you let me know and I'll update us yellowies in the front page? Thanks!

Kealz thanks for the info about breast shields. I had read online that they a great to ease pain, but obviously more harm done than good, so will just have to suck up the pain and deal! :haha:

Oh lord, just back from the dentist. Normally I quite enjoy the experience, which I know is weird. I'm not at all scared or hesitant, and I've always been fine. But I dunno what the sadist did today. Felt like he was pick axing my gums! Supposedly "cleaning and polishing" well I've never had that pain during a clean and polish before! And the blood...oh the blood afterwards! I'm still in agony!! Which also makes me laugh because I have never been sore after a dentist trip, but now I understand why people hate going! Have to get a filling replaced as well, which I also enjoy :blush: I love having my mouth frozen, I just think it is one of the funniest things! I'm such a weirdo...

Doggylover, with all the extra blood flow, its normal for your gums to be more sensitive and bleed ALOT! lol

Kealz, Thanks for the info on the shields! I hadn't heard for them, but now I know (in case it comes up)

Hope you ladies are all having a great day!

Aw doggy lover I feel for you and your gums... I need to go to the dentist really my gums are sooo sore but I'm putting it off! Also for the pain with nipples in breast feeding there is a cream by lanesenoh or something, its in a purple and cream tube you can get it in boots etc! It's brilliant and works wonders!!!! Xxx

morning ladies :) It's FRIDAY!!!! whooo hooo although i'm officially off work still with sickness - there is no way i can manage 750kg of stroppy horse at the moment!! I've been roped in to helping oh in office and then this weekend i'm helping a couple of friends with their horses as they are in a bit of a pickle lol! I'm also going to a baby table top sale so i hope to find some good bargains!

I had a little chuckle to my self about the lanoline as i use it on the horses when they are sore LOL! I can just see me running out to the yard in the middle of the night!

I'm a bit overwhelmed with what i need to buy on the bf front ....a pump...pads...?? Also i want to have a couple of bottles in just incase - is it worth dpending the extra non the anti colic bottles straight away (dr browns i think they are called??)

Hope everyone is ok!!!!

dogglylover: You actuallly enjoy going to the dentist?!! I absolutely *hate* it... like I mean you have to drag me kicking and screaming in order to get me to go, or I'm not going! If something hurts then I'll suck it up and go, but otherwise, not a chance! I'm such a baby and I know it.

I've been wondering about whether or not to add a breast pump to our baby registery... I'll be a SAHM for the most part since I'm still a student. I'm done all my course work so I'll be writing my thesis and therefore available to feed whenever necessary. So is it worth it? I'm hoping to breastfeed till around a year, but this is my first LO so I have no idea how well it will work out... but if things go ok that's the intention.

Also, do you ladies remember me telling you about our friend we went to dinner with a month or so ago now, who was basically told three times by the waitstaff that we were pregnant but didn't catch on? Well, DH and I both posted our announcement to FB, and he hasn't commented on either one of them.... so I think he still has legitimately no idea! :dohh: Some of my other friends want to start a pool to see when he'll finally clue in... it's pretty ridiculous!

With breast feeding you don't need too much, a decent nipple cream, Brest pump, some come with a few bottles like the avent one, manual handheld, comes with a few bottles and some storage pots too! I've only even used avent bottles, as you can attach them straight to the pump, but my lo never had colic and I think most bottles are anti colic now, I don't know many people who use dr browns, but when I worked at mother care we did sell a few bottles a week! Maybe go online and do comparisons? Looks at reviews etc see what could work best for you!
As for breast pads, I used them but I never leaked much! But I think that's coz my supply was depleting... My sil mass produces lol, if baby is like 5 mins late for a feed its like a waterfall haha! So she gets through them loads! Hope that's helped a little xx

Doggylover, I'm not too worried about the weight loss as exactly the same thing happened last time, but I'm sure my appetite had come back by now, so that's a small concern.

I can't believe anyone could enjoy the whole dentist experience!! I'm like readytomum, I avoid it as long as possible and only go if really needed lol.

Nimbec, I absolutely love the Dr Browns bottles!! I've tried all sorts with my son and I would recommend them above all others to anyone who will listen lol.

Yeah I am a dentist lover. I mean I only go twice a year, so it's not like I rock up every week, but I definitely have a weird love for it!! I think that makes me the strange one, not people who hate the dentist!

All this info on bottles, pumps, nipple cream (nimbec lol at you sprinting out to the yard at 3am...potentially grabbing the wrong thing in your sleep deprived daze and rubbing hoof oil all over yourself or something!! :haha:) and breast pads. I feel like the list of things needed for my breasts is growing daily! It's great having you second, third and fourth time mums around for advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->