April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Steph... I am the same. Couldn't eat crap & with the all day every day sickness crap during the 1st trimester I had actually lost around 5-7lbs from my normal weight. Then last month I had gained 2lbs of it back. But I'm really sure when I go back on the 12th my doc is going to freak out. I'm HUNGRY. All the time. I even wake up in the middle of the night to eat. And we aren't talking fruits & veggies. I'm talking, mexican food, fried potatoes, grilled cheese & chips, cheetos (oh how I'm loving the puffy cheetos)!!!

I'm also ravenous this week! And like you guys, it's mostly not healthy food I'm eating.

I went from only having gained a pound to having gained 4 pounds in a week (last week!). In just a couple of days because when I went to the doctor last Thursday, their scale showed I was actually down two pounds from where I was at my first appointment (7 weeks). :shrug: I hope it's mostly water retention but I know I'm not doing what I need to be doing (eating decently and exercising!!) so I have got to get it under control. 4 pounds would be just fine at this point except my fat ass is supposed to be just maintaining or LOSING weight (which is my personal goal. Docs just say gain 15 or less). :dohh: I will not gain more than 10 pounds. I will not gain more than 10 pounds. I will not gain more than 10 pounds.

7bls down??? wow!! And you alreaddy little, so I'm sure you need to gain anyway :hugs:
Has your doctor said anything about you having lost weight? When I went for my 16 week appointment, the doc lectured me because I had only gained 1 lbs... I thought that would have been a good thing (since I was on the top of the normal scale) :shrug:. I def don't looked starved :haha:
I wish I was craving healthy foods, but all I want is McDonalds, and sweets :huh:
To add to my problem, I had a total of 5 trick or treaters yesterday, but bought enough candy to feed the neighborhood. lol. Looks like i'll be gaining alot of weight in the coming up weeks ahahaha

Haha, Steph. Toward the end last night, we were just giving out HUGE handfuls of candy to every kid. I bought one of those huge bags of assorted candy (twizzlers, reeses peanut butter cups, and kitcats) and we did NOT want that thing left lying around our house! :haha:

Oh ladies don't forget about them growing bb's and water weight i am sure you all look lovely.

How many of you are planning on breastfeeding. I did with youngest DS and he loved it and was very content. I plan on doing it this time around too but I don't know what the best kind of pump to buy is?? We rented one from the Health Unit here with him and then returned it after we were done and i don't want to do that this time around.

:haha: Thankfully I live behind a cemetary & NOT ONE person trick or treats there. So there was no need for me to buy any candy!!! woohoo!!! :happydance:

And thirsty..... Are any of you ladies thirsty all the darn time. I drink & drink & drink & I'm still thirsty. I drink water, tea, juices, colas, gatorade (by the gallon) you name it, I've tried it.

I took mine out last night trick or treating. you may have seen the pics... only five houses round the whole block were giving last night. we only knock doors with pumpkin lanterns outside. The kids still got a bag full though and had lots of fun which is good :)

We live in a flat so never get any trick or treaters at our door.

I weighed 9 stone at my last appointment 4 weeks ago I wonder how much I have put on. I think it may be a lot lol.

Im craving lots too but Im also having a lot of heartburn so trying to not over eat. I am very thirsty lately. xx

LittleSpy, I wish I had had the chance... all 7 kids came at the same time and I thought there would be more to come after... no such luck ahahaha. Of course I only bought the candy that I would like as well :dohh:

Maybesoon, All I want to drink is cokeZero :blush:. I limit myself to no more then 2 a day (i know... way to much already) but I could live off of that stuff right now!! I force down at least 6 glasses of water a day but its just gross :wacko:

So, for the ladies that have been through this: How much should you gain in the third trimester? Is it the same 1lbs/ week or is it more?? I was hoping to "save" my weight gain until then :haha:. At the rate i'm going, I don't see that happening :rofl::toothpick:

Steph I never set myself a weight limit in any of my pregnancies.. I think that its jmportant to eat when you are hungry but not over eat.. like if you are craving chocolate then eat chocolate but dont eat the whole bag lol... in both my pregnancies I put on max 10kgs I dont know how many pounds that is. I found that most of my weight was water and once I hax my babies the weight dropped off within a week or two anyway. That is just me though I dont know about other ladies xx

.. like if you are craving chocolate then eat chocolate but dont eat the whole bag lol...

This is my problem. Not just in pregnancy, in life. I have no self control. It is shameful. I remember when we first got together my now dh was horrified at my lack of self control around junk food. But I come from a long line of people with no self control. Sadly.

Mommabrown I am hoping so much to breastfeed! It's really the one thing I look forward to most - having that amazing bond and time with LO. I am being very realistic and pretty down on the whole thing, thinking that it may not work, so I don't feel too disappointed if it doesn't. Of course I will still feel bad, but I'm trying my best to stop that feeling! I don't even know why I think that, there is no reason why I wouldn't be able to do it, but I hear stories about women who it just doesn't work out for, and I've convinced myself that will be me :shrug:

Steph.... I was considered underweight when I got pregnant. Story of my life... But I had my gallbladder removed the day after Valentine's Day & I couldn't eat at all for about 4 weeks leading up to it so I lost a good amount of weight. I was just getting back to being able to eat good again at the end of June & beginning of July. Sadly I weighed 110 when I got pregnant. By my first appointment I was down to 105 & was up to 107 at my September appointment so I'm sure my doc will be happy to see I'm gaining. I'm just afraid I'm putting too much on too quickly right now & I won't be able to stop & will end up gaining entirely too much..... I guess I'll find out on the 12th!!!

Lol doggylover im the same.. mainly with doritoes I shouldnt eat them because they irritate my ibs but I usually finish a share bag lol. I feel guilty now if I eat too much junk though..

Az for breastfeeding I wont lie when you first do it.. for about a 2 days after birth.. it really hurts.. it makes your uterus contract and can be quite painful but if you stick with it it is worth it. I alreadt explained why I couldnt feed my daughter for very long and with my son he refused to feed ince I had my period so I didnt manage to feed him past the 4th month. Im hoping this time will be better.

I think 4 months is pretty impressive!! I'd be happy with that! At the minute I will be happy with anything, I am so sure I won't be able to do it.

I've heard about the pain, and I am terrified lol!! Any tips on how to ease the pain? I even had a dream the other night where I was feeding and it was agony (and the baby wouldn't take anything)

Wow! A lot to catch up on since yesterday! Sounds like everyone had a great Halloween!

Congrats mommabrown on team pink!!! Yay!
I am still unsure of what this one will be for me. I might be destined for a boy. DH has 1 sister, 2 brothers; his older brother has 5 boys, 1 girl and his sister has 2 boys. I have 1 brother, 2 sisters, so the opposite of DH. But I am the first on my side to have a baby, so who knows? I kind of want a girl just to try and even things out, but would be happy with either. Two weeks to go until my ultrasound!!!

I am hoping to breast feed, but am unsure of how to juggle it after I go back to work full time. I will probably only be able to take off about 8 weeks for maternity leave. I do have my own office so I could pump in there, I guess. Any other working moms who BF? Tips, suggestions?

As for the weight gain, oh my gosh! Up until about 16 weeks I only gained around 4 pounds total. Now since then I have gained 2-3 pounds! I feel so fat! I have been so lazy, I need to start exercising!!! Most of my work pants are getting harder to button up and my bump has suddenly appeared (I think fat + baby together :blush::haha:) . I am definitely going maternity pants shopping this weekend. Any suggestions on what kind are the best to get?

the pain is like a mild contraction, mainly it's more uncomfortable than painful, In hospital in norway they gave me muscle relaxants and paracetamol. It usually only lasts for the first few minutes of feeding for the first few days. But that is what mainly puts women off. And when you are breast feeding make sure you have a drink with a straw close by. feeding makes you extremely thirsty lol!!

Thank you for saying 4 months is good! :D I think sometimes it is easy to compare ourselves to others. Most of the ladies I know who breast fed breast fed for up to a year at least so it was hard to admit defeat when he wouldn't eat lol..

well as I was complaining about no kicks, I was watching the news and little one gave me a few good kicks so that is great :D

Bjs I can't believe you are still wearing 'normal' trousers! I am we'll into maternity, especially in jeans (boy are they good!) I got some over the bump ones, but I'm not a huge fan as the stretchy bit is too baggy at the minute which means it sags. It'll be better in a few weeks when I'm bigger. I'd say under the bump for now.

my last pair of normal trousers no longer fit this this week :(

As for breastfeeding at work, I breastfed at language school in norway, I pumped and put a supply in the fridge, when baby has fed on one boob, pump the milk out of the other, your body will adjust to make up more for the next feed xx

the pain is like a mild contraction, mainly it's more uncomfortable than painful, In hospital in norway they gave me muscle relaxants and paracetamol. It usually only lasts for the first few minutes of feeding for the first few days. But that is what mainly puts women off. And when you are breast feeding make sure you have a drink with a straw close by. feeding makes you extremely thirsty lol!!

Thank you for saying 4 months is good! :D I think sometimes it is easy to compare ourselves to others. Most of the ladies I know who breast fed breast fed for up to a year at least so it was hard to admit defeat when he wouldn't eat lol..

well as I was complaining about no kicks, I was watching the news and little one gave me a few good kicks so that is great :D

Thanks for the tips :) paracetamol and big drink at the ready!! Obviously your LO is a smarty, if they are already having opinions on what's on the news :haha: that's great that you felt it!

Mommabrown -- I plan to breastfeed. It didn't work out well with dd (breast aversion/supply problems) but I'm as prepared as possible for this time around (sns, tons of galactogogues, realistic expectations). I expect to have to supplement but I hope to breastfeed as long as baby wants to. If this baby doesn't want to nurse, either, I'll probably pump for several months but I'm going to try not to obsess over it the way I did last time because that was miserable. I pumped for 5 months.

doggylover -- I'm sure you'll be able to give breastfeeding a good effort! I didn't find it difficult at all with my 3 month old when she started nursing! It was hard a first but that's because I was dealing with a baby with jaundice, a terrible latch, and a horrible supply. And all of those things were just making each other exponentially worse. It was so (relatively) easy and I was so relieved that entire month she nursed. Breastfeeding is awesome, but it's the exclusively pumping moms who keep it up for like a year that really, really impress me! That's a CRAZY LOT more work than nursing, IMO. And I don't remember the uterine contractions really being so bad when I nursed. But that may be because I was in false labor so long I was used to that crap. :haha: I'm sure it's different for everyone, too.

bjs2005 -- I went back to work at 12 weeks with dd and since I was stuck exclusively pumping anyway, I just drug my pump into work with me every day and pumped 3x day there (on breaks and at lunch). The worst part for me was having to get up early to pump before work but I'm so much not a morning person so that's why. If your baby nurses, you probably wouldn't have to throw that extra pre-work pump session in there because baby will have nursed over night. I found it too much to wake up and feed her multiple times overnight and then to pump before going back to bed I stopped pumping over night when I went back to work and then and ended up having to do it before work. PLEASE let me have a child who will nurse this time. :haha:

I plan (opperative term being "plan" lol) to BF for 6 months if I can. I also have to go back to work after 12 weeks, so I plan to pump in my car (since I dont have a private office). I will most likely get a double pump and that way it shouldnt take too long :shrug:. I know this sounds horrible, but I am really hoping to be able to BF so I don't have to buy formula :blush:.

I have also been bead about my working out over the last 2 weeks. I was so good in the first trimester but just became lazy . I go back to my bootcamp class tomorrow morning at 5.30am :dohh:. I guess its a start :haha:

Still not really sure if I feel the baby move. Last night I was laying in bed and concentrating on my belly. It felt very "busy" around the area but I can't say for sure that it was baby (maybe gas or just general tummy movements??). I could def see how people would call that fishbowl or popping... but nothing that resembles flutters. Maybe it was just wishful thinking ahahah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->