April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

I love the look of the 3 wheelers but in practice they aren't so great IMO, I had one for DS when DD started to wlak everywhere, we had a hauk I think, can't remember which make, but at the time I didn't have a car and had to bus it, my 3 wheeler couldn't fit in one space on the bus, it took up the whole wheel chair space, which wasn't great around xmas time! Also The other issue I had apart from the bulky size of it was the swivel wasn't great and many times I would have to lift the push chair at the front to turn corners.... pain in the bottom! But i have also used a friends Quizzy zap and that was amazingly light and easy to use. So I think if you are getting a 3 wheeler make sure you try it out in the store before buying it.

mammabrown I get a lot of that from my exes family, just ignore them they soon get bored lol xxx

well I don't like to admit it but I'm a bit of a girl gamer and OH and I excitedly waited by the front door this morning for the post man to bring our brand new black ops 2 game!! It was like xmas lol. So I've been playing that with him all day really so nothing new to report :) 13 days til our scan! yay! xx

Haha me and DH play games together too. He usually ends up quitting and then i play them till i beat them! Good quality time spent together too! lol

I find i am getting back to being pretty sleepy these days. Dunno if i am just exhausted or if it is pregnancy related but i take naps for hours!

I nap for upto 2 hours after lunch while the kids are at school, I nap more now than I did in the 1st trimester! you're not alone :) xx

Hello Ladies! Wow.... So much to catch up on.... I'll have to spend some time reading what all's been going on over the long weekend.

Mommabrown & ukgirl.... I too am sleepy right now. I find that it's really bad just after I eat. But I'm still going to bed around 8:00-8:30pm right now. But last night I woke up at 2:45 & couldn't go back to sleep. It's looking to be a long day today!!!

Congrats to all who have had their gender scans & found out what they are having. I can't wait til Saturday so I can join in the group of Team Blue or Team Pink!!!

AFM. Well, Friday I had lunch with the MIL. It was really great & I love that she is staying in touch with me & really putting out an effort to be apart of mine & the baby's lives. I can't explain how truly supportive she has been. I can't imagine having a more amazing MIL.

Saturday afternoon I went to the oh's house & we watched movies until 8:30pm. It was really nice, no talking, just cuddling on the couch & watching movies like nothing was wrong. We actually listened to LO on the doppler & oh actually got teary eyed! We discussed baby names (which was a FIRST)! He really likes the girl name I have picked out. I told him as far as boy names goes, I'm still at a loss so we will prolly find out on Saturday it's a boy! He thought that was pretty funny. As I was getting ready to leave he kissed me & asked that I give him a chance & we really work to get things fixed. He said he wants me home by Christmas.... I told him it was really up to him & we would see.

Had a HUGE FALL yesterday at my parents house. Busted my arse on their ceramic floor. Let me tell ya, that crap doesn't give a bit!!! But luckily I did it 2 hours before my regular monthly doc visit & I landed on my right hip, right elbow & both knees. I have bruises on both of my knees, left inside & right outside (I also have pretty good knots on both). I have gained 5lbs since my last appointment in October! My doc was really happy about that. The LO's heartbeat was 156! Staying strong.

Hope everyone has a fantastic week! Good Luck to all that are having scans this week!!!!

Kealz £30 for a car seat until Paige is 11 is a flipping bargain!!

Mommabrown what strollers are you sticking on with dh?

Steph I haven't heard of that brand of stroller, but I'm the same with the reasons we need a 3 wheeler, we are mainly on road, but country lanes with no footpath and plenty of potholes!! Why don't you look on which? And see if they have any reviews of your stroller?

Ukgirl I knew we loved the quinny as my SIL has one and we've used it for nephew lots. Space isn't an issue for us as I have a 4x4 and dh has a people carrier - there are no buses where we live! A 4 wheeler, or even any pram with the hard plastic wheels just wouldn't cope out where we live!

Lol at you gamer girls! We have a Wii but never ever play anything. Dh isn't into gaming at all.

Maybesoon I'm so glad you got to spend some quality time with dh and things went well. Sorry to hear about your fall - I hope you aren't too bruised!!

Not much new with me today :shrug: I am 19 weeks today :happydance: and have my scan next Wednesday :)

As for strollers, I am torn on what to get. There are two I really like, one is a complete travel system with the stroller, car seat and base. The other is a three wheeled one that is really great for jogging. I want both!

I got the jogging stroller travel system by Baby Trend for dd(#1). :thumbup: I have no real complaints. I knew I would never use a big ol' 4 hard plastic wheeled stroller. The only time we use the jogging stroller is for longer walks/jogs or going to the zoo. For everything else, I wear her or use the umbrella stroller; usually the former, especially when she was small. Plan to get an Ergo soon so wearing her will likely happen more again now. No regrets on making that decision at all.

Now I'm torn about whether I want to get a stroller/stand on thing or a double jogging stroller. :wacko: I have plenty of time to decide because I know I'll wear a little baby wherever we go for the first several months. Maisie wasn't able to sit up in the jogging stroller until she was about 5 months (I think they actually tell you not to use it without the car seat until they're 6 months but she was was way ahead of the curve in terms of muscle control & stuff so for her it was fine to start a little early).

Littlespy I know I am getting ahead of myself, but since picking out our pushchair I've been wondering what to do when #2 comes along :haha: I think wearing #2 and having #1 in the pushchair sounds like a great idea. Double strollers, no matter how streamline, can still be BIG.

Forgot to mention - a child at my school said to me today "congratulations on being pregnant" and I was like "uhm...I'm not pregnant." Her face DROPPED. I am a cruel, cruel person, but it was worth it! She told me that all the kids know, and apparently word on Facebook from the kids is the baby is a boy! That's impressive! The kid with ultrasound eyesight should report to my room everyday for a checkup! Clearly they know much more than I do!!!

My bump is huge today, no wonder they all know!!!

LOL, Doggylover! So mean! :haha:

Yes, my plan of wearing #2 with #1 in the stroller works well assuming 1) we don't go anywhere for hours and hours and hours and 2) LO likes to be worn (because some babies HATE. IT.). Also worry about how Maisie will react to me wearing a new baby and not wearing her much anymore. :dohh: I may seriously have to be one of those moms wearing toddler on the back, baby on the front. :haha: I just have a feeling that Maisie is going to want to do what the new baby does (nurse, be worn, rocked, whatever). I hope I'm wrong and that she goes in the other direction of wanting to embrace being a "big girl" and be a little more independent & mommy's helper.

You certainly wouldn't be going anywhere for hours and hours with both of them strapped onto you! I'm sure Maisie will be great! If she has some dolls you could play with them with her, and get her to help you 'take care' of the dolls so when the baby comes she can do the same.

haha doggylover, the mums at my kids school have begun to notice and I see them looking at my bump. One old lady in tesco a week ago was just starring at it :/

Well for those of you who don't know, I took my daughter (6) to a swimming party on saturday, looks like she come home with more than just a goody bag... Looks like she's got the 3rd child's illness.. ringworm -_- .... One thing after another!!! Gotta get her a doctors appt now, luckily they have thursday off school so I can get her seen then but in the mean time I'm going have to monitor it, She has eczema pretty bad in winter at times so it could just be a ring of dry skin just looking like it. We'll see :(

bahahaha doggylover that's priceless!

OH NO ukgirl! Luckily ringworms are a quick fix with some antifungal cream. My stepsons use to get them every summer!

Thanks doggylover. It was really nice to have some time to just be together with no drama for once. It was nice to have him just be with me. The fall.... Well both knees are swollen & bruised & it hurts to walk, but at least it wasn't my tummy! I'm just thankful my tummy isn't big enough to get in the way just yet!!!!

Bahahahahaha thanks for the laugh doggylover!! Nothing i have looked at has stuck. The regular strollers, the travel system strollers, the jogging strollers ( which i find we will use more often and be easier on us!) he says he don't like the way they look or they aren't girly enough or he will think about it! Ugh men....i still have a couple of months of sweet talking him to get him to give in!!

Maybesoon glad you and DH had that little bonding with the baby! It gets more real for them when they can hear the heart beat and see your growing belly. I really think it sounds pretty promising for you two just have to take it one step at a time.

UKgirl my daughter get eczema in the winter too! We buy Aveeno Eczema cream for her and Cortizone 10 healing cream and alternate them out all winter. It really helps her stop scratching and when it clears up there are no scars. Apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil or just go out and buy some Lamisl the stuff for athlete's foot it helps to cure it too. Keep the affected area dry because it thrives in wet warm places. Hope this helps.

Thank you Mommabrown. I told him about the gender/3d scan scheduled for this Saturday & he wants to go. So right now, pending nothing going wrong this week, we are leaving Friday afternoon (the appointment is 3 hours away in Ft. Worth) and staying the night & making it a weekend trip for just the "3" of us. I'm hoping this time alone away will help some too... Please keep your fingers crossed. I'm trying to not get my hopes up....

Oh honey I am sure it will all work out for you. I hope you guys have a great trip (pending nothing happens.) Maybe this is just what he needs is to be away from it all with just you and the bump! I tell ya men are crazy!! :)

Littlespy, we have an Ergo and love it! Theres no way i could babywear all the time though, we do out out for long periods and also il be recovering from a section so wont be an option at all for the first few weeks

Doggylover, Lol yes double/tandem pushchairs are bigger! What sort of age gap would you ideally like to have? And ahh you are so cruel! lol

Ukgirl, boo to ringworm! Ive only ever seen it on a horse, im guessing its the same.

Not much to report here, DS had his swimming lesson this morning, did a bt of shopping after that, am so tired now as he was up in the night randomly, no idea why!
Skyfall and chinese buffet tommorrow yay!
Oh and my scan is next monday, ive also got a birthing options class before that

Maybe soon, glad things are looking more postive with DH, hope this is the turnaround for you both now and he bucks his ideas up! The trip sounds like a lovely idea.

In terms of age gap I'm not sure, I always thought I'd like them close together, but recently I've been thinking 2+ years. It took us a year to conceive this one, so providing we are lucky enough to have more, it may take use quite a while, so bargaining on a larger gap means I won't be too disappointed if it actually takes that long! If that makes sense?!?!

And I flipping love Chinese buffet!!!! I am so jealous!!

Doggylover, I originally wanted a larger age gap than what we will have.. however changed my mind, based on several things. Now im getting scared! lol

This chinese buffet is immense, a little place but lovely food, plenty of choice and only £5.90 per head! result!!

@ LittleSpy, the term "wearing the baby" just always makes me think of a nice purse or jacket :rofl:

Maybesoon, I think I nice weekend getaway would be perfect! I hope it all works out! And of course the 3D will be amazing!!

Ukgirl, sorry to hear about your daughter but I guess just like everyone said... at least it's easy to fix :shrug:

yeh, I have never had or seen ringworm before so I was freaking out but I have googled it and it seems pretty straight forward. So that's good lol. Thank you ladies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->