April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

maybesoon: congrats on the boy!!!! Have fun thinking about names too! We had loads of boys names we liked and very few girls ones. It looks like we've got team blue here too so we're safe for now! lol

melissa: Pate- I've heard different answers about whether or not you can eat it. Some people say no, and some people say it's fine as long as you eat it irregularly. The same thing with shrimp or lobster etc. They can pose a threat, but if you eat them only occasionally you're fine. I can't stand the thought of it personally... so it doesn't bother me to avoid it. :haha:

doggylover: marking exams suck! I'm not looking forward to that part, but I am SO relieved that I don't need to make up any more lesson plans. I had to have a stern chat with one of my students today which I always hate doing. She plagiarized herself by submitting two pages copy and pasted directly from her research paper, which she had already submitted, as her contribution to her group project write-up. I don't know if students think we're dumb enough to not notice or what....? She was rather upset to learn that her grade would be an F. Maybe next time she'll do her work properly. :dohh:

ukgirl: sorry to hear little man is still under the weather! Here's hoping he starts to feel better really soon. That's a bummer that you had to miss his theatrical debut, but I feel like no matter how hard you try, you can't manage to catch everything! Maybe one of the other parents got it on video that you can borrow?

AFM, still no kicks or thumps... getting a little bummed out. When I go back for scan #2 next Thursday I'm going to ask if I have an anterior placenta and if that's why I haven't felt anything yet. LO was wiggling all around on the U/S so I know it's not because something is wrong with LO. I'm just getting really impatient. I want to feel my baby! :blush:

Same here readytomum, I have felt nothing :(, I have a midwife appointment on Christmas eve, so have to wait till then to be reassured.

Readytomum and Sarah, don't worry about not feeling your LO. I know it's not nice because you want to feel them and have that special thing happening, but it will come in time. In the meantime, don't worry about it, as I'm sure LO is in there wriggling away.

Readytomum :dohh: at your student who plagiarised herself!! My mum is a university lecturer, and I'm pretty shocked at how many people plagiarise ! What makes me laugh is when someone just rips off some research, or a book, my mum has written and expect her not to notice her own work and words! In the UK if you plagiarise, it's punishable by being kicked out. But I imagine that's only if it's recurring or happens on your dissertation.

TeAmo, when they are doing Cameron's ultrasound you could get them to give you a quick look too! :haha:

Afm, after today only 7 work days left until the Christmas holidays! :) I cried again yesterday on my way home, thinking about how little time I have left here. I'm going to be such a wreck when I start my maternity!

Just a flying visit to let you know I'm also joining team BLUE :happydance:
Knew in my gut it was a boy and I'm over the moon :happydance:

I also get to have 2 more scans before he enters the world (monitoring baby size and placenta position) so I'll get to see him again soon :D

It seems there's some nasty bugs going around as my little boy is poorly too. It's the first time he's really been ill with high temp etc so I'm worrying over every little thing :cry:

Take care all xx

Congratulations on your little boy melon! If I'm not mistaken that makes it even now, the bits have caught up! Xxx

Congrats Melon on a BOY!!!!!

Stopping in to say hope you all have a great day! I am off for my scan can't wait to see her beautiful little face again!!!

wooohooo on the boy Melon!! Congrats!

doggylover: If they plagiarize repeatedly they get kicked out here too. She "claims" she had no idea that you could plagiarize yourself, so she got away lucky with her F and wasn't reported for it.

Today I'm off to go look at some more maternity pants! Now that I don't need to wear my dress pants twice a week for teaching I need to get some more regular pants that I can wear! Off to Value Village I go. I seriously love that store for buying things that would otherwise cost a fortune to buy new! I'll try to stay away from looking at the baby clothes, but now that I'm pretty sure little Fraggle is a boy, it'll be even harder to avoid picking up some cute outfits since they're all like $1.50 or whatever. :haha:

Have a good day ladies! :flower:

I'm going to sound so vain/insane if this is only me but...

Does anyone else spend half the day checking out their bump in the reflection of windows etc?! :blush:

doggylover -- LOL at "shhh-it!" :haha: Maisie is picking up new words at a crazy rate right now -- she'll learn them after hearing us say them just a couple of times. So last night my hubby said "We really have to watch what we say around her now.... Really." And of course I'm all like "No shit!" :winkwink: But he's absolutely the worst offender. Like 2 minutes later he was in the kitchen trying to make dinner (bless him) GDing and MFing everything. :dohh: It's really crazy how quickly they learn. She had 5 words about 2 months ago. Now she has, I don't even know, probably at least 75 words she uses correctly (and incorrectly sometimes, too, like last night I could not convince her that the picture of a mouse was indeed a "mouse" and not a "kitty" or a "cat" or a "meow." :haha: But yet if I ask her what a mouse says, she says "eeep eeep!" So she knows what they sound like, just not what they look like, apparently. :haha:). I was starting to get nervous she was delayed verbally and then she suddenly just exploded just after she turned 15 months.

ukgirl -- You can spell Mississippi! Very good! :winkwink: LOL at lasanla.

TeAmo -- Laughing is the WORST reaction to have! And I can't help myself for even a minute. As soon as I laugh or squeal about something, Maisie does it 10 times harder than before. Like last night, she splashed me as I was giving her a bath and I screamed and she thought that was so awesome that it turned into full on splashing as hard as she could with both arms and me squealing which made her do it even harder and faster and I ended up completely soaked all over. :haha: So I know the second she says a naughty word (I honestly can't believe she hasn't yet. I think it's just because we say them so much that she can't figure out what they mean. :haha:).

Out of time

Yep doggylover!!! I do it at work every single time I go into the bathroom. And I have found getting ready for work takes 10 times longer because I'm constantly just standing there checking my bump out!!!!

I can't lie to you littlespy.. I used auto correct on it haha xx

Doggylover I do it all the time, I live on a road with loads of shops and on the walk to and from school I look at my bump in the window reflection LOL xxx

I like to stick it out and rub it in the mirror like I'm huuuuge hahahaha.. oh thinks I'm weird... also I do this weird thing in the bath where it's poking out of the water so I surround it with bubbles and make weird heaven noises at it... I'm going to stop here.. I feel no one will talk to me after this.. let alone if I continue fessing up!

Congrats on team blue Melon!!!

hope your little boy gets well soon, mine had a high temp all night I took him to the doctors today and he has a virus. Seems like all the kids are getting it! :( xx

lmao ukgirl..... You aren't doing anything I don't do... I actually fell asleep in the bath last night playing with my bump in the bubbles!!! When I woke up my right arm & leg were both asleep & numb! I had to call dh to help me out of the bath tub as I was afraid I'd fall.... He couldn't stop laughing at me. It was pretty humilitating to say the least. All I thought was "Hell if I can't get out of the bath without help now, what am I gonna be like in a couple more months"... eeekkk!

So my ob/gyn got a little stern with me yesterday. So to confess I have now gained 12 pounds overall. Which I did start on the small side of things. But 9 pounds of that were from November 12 to December 11!!!! She told me I was right on track but to make darn sure I didn't gain another 9 pounds over Christmas like I did Thanksgiving..... ugh. I can't help it.... I REALLY REALLY REALLY like food right now!!!!!

maybesoon!! I'm so glad I'm not alone hahahahaha!! My OH has to help me out of the bath now too, last time I got in I was in it for 2 hours and he got really shitty hahaha..

I love my food too right now I can't imagine being told to slow down!!! I'm worried about my next gp appointment though, I was 53kg at the start of this pregnancy and I weighed my self when I went for my ultrasound.... almost 60kg!!! omg I've gained almost 7KG!!! I can't stop eating though, sandwiches are my downfall. I eat 3-4 a day now :/ I'm so hungry all the time xxx

yea.... I was at 108 when I started lost the first couple months down to 105 now I'm at 120 pounds..... I tried to not eat as much last night as my doc was all "portions, portions, portions".... Well I just don't have the will power. My little boy loves his food too!!! I'm afraid I'm going to gain 100 pounds.....

Hi all

Melon congrats and welcome to team blue :)

OMG ladies I so love checking my bump out hehehe all the time!!!!

Well e warned rant ahead.... So I had my obstetric appt today as midwifes wanted them to see me because of my new heart issues I've been having SO I made sure I had my reaults of the tape I had on for 4 days and took them with me. I waited 2.30hrs in waiting room to be called by the registrar not the consultant who knows me really well who proceeded to yell and I mean he'll at me for not bringing a urine sample ....sooorrryyyy I said - she made me go and do one there and then made a big scene infront of everyone :( then just said so has sickness stopped? I wa like erm yes that not the problem so told her about heart and put results on table she bluntly said that's nothing to do with me u need to see the cardiologist ...erm yes lady they sent me to YOU! Then it gets worse... She had a feel about ten put Doppler on and couldn't find hb - she was in the wrong place then said oh look found it ....I was horrified it was mine she had found as mine was running at 125bpm hence why I was being seen!!! So I pointed this out, she argued and I said we'll take my pulse at the same time Hahahaha cue embarrassment! Anyway found bubs hb he's fine but I knew that anyway she then sent me home so the midwifes are fuming!!!! The idea was to make a plan grrrrrrrrrrrrrr I'm so angry and not sure if its pg hormones but in kind of wild angry ....uncontrollably snappy grrrrr god help oh tonight! I forgot to say also I had to take my cardio report back as they said it was all clear and when I looked (I used to be a coronary care and cardiac intensive care nurse!) there where clearly abnormal rythems ie too fast/missing beats/ectopics (not the pg ones hehe) so thu where very embarrass to - what a shambles lol!!!

Ok and breeeaaaathhh sorry girls just had to get that out!

Wow!! nimbec... I'm so sorry about your day! I can't imagine having that happen to me. All I can say is if you didn't rip someone's stinking head off, then you handled it WAYYYY better than I would have!

Always feel free to rant to us anytime..... Do some deep breathing & try to calm down a little bit (IF THAT'S EVEN POSSIBLE).....

Now for my question..... Where does that leave you with your cardio issue? Do you have another appointment set up? UGH.... Why do people have to be so shitty in the medical field sometimes?????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->