April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

EEEKKKK LittleSpy.... I guess I'm a little worried because 4 of my cousins & my SIL all had extremely fast labors. I'm talking 15-30 minute labors!!! My SIL had my neice 2 1/2 months early. Had her first contraction & Alyssa was born in less than 15 minutes. The pregnancy had been completely perfect up til then with no issues at all. So it scares me that I could possibly deliver on the way to the hospital!!! But with that being said, I'm still determined to work up to as long as possible....

ukgirl I agree that if you are consistant with your kiddos then there is no need for spanking. I seriously only had to spank my stepsons once or twice & that was it. I was very consistant with them & they knew when I said "stop" or "no" that's what I meant. They are extremely well behaved young men to this day.

maybesoon family history doesn't matter, my mum had to be induced with all 4 of her babies, Both of mine started naturally, also they told me second babies were quicker labours, that wasn't true for me either as I mentioned before Connie was 23 hours and Luke was 71 hours AFTER my waters broke.

I though once your waters went that was it game over.. it was time.. but no.. lol. AND I thought that you only had to puch a few times and pop comes out baby... 45 minutes it took to push Connie out! and about 30 minutes to push out Lucas. xx

maybesoon -- Crazy you know so many people to have fast labors like that. The average first labor is around 10 hours, I believe. :winkwink: I could've had Maisie in 10 hours but everyone in the damn labor & delivery wing popped at the exact same time and I was making the least amount of fuss and I guess dd was dealing with labor better than other babies so my nurse and doctor delivered 3 other babies while I was sitting there fully dilated and ready to go. :dohh:

eeekkk! Yea, my family likes to spit the kiddos out!!! My bff on the otherhand had to be induced with all 3 of hers & it took all stinking day to have her 3 girls.... But I think her longest actual labor was around 12/13 hours from the time they started her IV til she had her baby.... I couldn't imagine 23 -72 hours after water breaking..... wow! That's just crazy!!!!

LittleSpy and Maybesoon, I can see us waddling to the car from work... while crowning :rofl: . But like you LittleSpy, I won't waste a day. I'll try to suffer through till the end! :haha:

ReadytoMum, Ah I understand. Well I hope you get a chance to get everything you need while you are there! You have quite the long trip to get to Canada, don't you? I just took a 4 day trip to Oregon and was on a plane for 5 hours... ouchie on my back!! Hope your trip goes well!

UKgirl, sorry to hear about all the hassle!! FXed that the translation goes quicker then expected!

Heh, I think we're having some geography issues Steph. :winkwink: I live in Toronto, Ontario (Canada), and my parents live in Windsor, Ontario (Canada) It's about a 4 hour drive/train ride from here to there. It will definitely be a long trip though!! I hope I can get everything I need too, but that will depend on whether I can convince my mom to make a trip to Detroit or not. Detroit is a bit of a scary city and she hates driving over there... but I might be able to whine and plead enough. :haha:

I keep thinking you are UK :dohh: ... lol sorry, guess I should have just looked at your stats :haha:

Maybesoon my SIL had my niece in 3 hours flat that was beginning of labor till the time she pushed her out. Her mom and sisters both have fast labors too.But like i said that is my SIL's family(married to BIL) I am so glad i don't have to worry about going into labor at all!

Maybesoon my SIL had my niece in 3 hours flat that was beginning of labor till the time she pushed her out. Her mom and sisters both have fast labors too.But like i said that is my SIL's family(married to BIL) I am so glad i don't have to worry about going into labor at all!

3 hours total?! Wow. I'd be a bit worried about getting the hospital in time with things going that fast! I live about 45 minutes away from where I'll be giving birth, and we don't have a car, so we'll be calling a cab and having to wait for that to show up too!!

That's the stuff that scares me. I'm afraid of going into labor as I'm either driving too or from work & it happening so fast I don't have time to get back to the hospital..... Oh well... I'm not the first it's happened to & I won't be the last if that's how it goes....

Hi all!

Gosh Ukgirl horrible horrible times sending u a huuuuuuge hug!

All this labour talk is making me twitchy hehe gosh well my biggest stress at the minute is wondering if ill have to have a section grrrr just want to know either way! Impatient is my middle name! On a happy front my nursery furniture I arriving tomorrow yay!!!!

Well more stress for me today too. people can be so 2 sided and manipulative grrr too long to explain but basically a woman & daughter that I had taught and her daughter actually lived with me for 3 days per week as she wanted to spend time with her horse and talk to me about boyfriend issues (16/17yrs old) mother relyed on me to do everything emotionally for her daughter! It was such a responsibility. Well long story short daughter was 3 million % out of order in way she was speaking to me so I warned her if she continued then I would wish her luck and have no more to do with her well she continued and said the most hurrendous things truly hurtful so I said to her to think about what you are doing gave her about 10 chances then wished her luck and said bye (horse was taken off yard by her mother) who proceeded to write the most awful email to me. Daughter had LIED and manipulated her mother as usual so I replied and just put things straight and actually appologised for a few things I had done that where not perfect I'm only human. Left the door open so to speak. They then tried to ruin my business bad mouthed me around the whole area and now guess what ....18months down the line she applied for a job at my best clients yard and was told it would need to be ok with me as I'd have to teach her again on clients horses - so they have text me - no appology tho!! grrrrrrr. I rang my client and said I'm only continuing with them as a favour (friends I'm not officially working) as I enjoy teaching them and I catogorically don't want the stress of this girl & mother being there and won't teach her - they where ok with me as they knew the situation anyway. BUT the nerve of people!!! Plus my client is still considering it so I had to say I wouldn't be involved helping at all if they did employ her. Honestly ladies it nearly sent me into depression and they where so foul my blood pressure is through the roof just at the thought of dealing with them!!!!

Oh gosh so sorry just ranted! Hope you don't think I'm bonkers or unreasonable :( :( :( :( :(

Readytomum and Maybesoon Yeah 3 hours but she lives here in town so luckily she was at the hospital before me niece popped out!

Steph I was sick to here last week and they tested to see if it was the flu which luckily it wasn't but he did say there was a virus going around. After about 3-4 days i was back to feeling better. I hope you get to feeling better too.

Ukgirl I am really sorry you are having a hard time with your lawyer. I switched and so far i am ok with him but I go back and forth on what is the right thing for all of us here??? Our first attorney was just like her seemed that she was rooting for the other side. Asshole he could have let my little girl come home and he said NO! It breaks my heart having to see them go through this shit and even worse with an attorney that don't give a shit about their well being. Hang in there hun, get another attorney and show them why you are fighting all this!! I am so depressed because now my DD acts like she doesn't even care about her brother at school and on the weekends she cries about leaving. I don't know what to believe by her behavior but i can't help but to hurt for my youngest DS and Emmaleigh. I am afraid their dad is getting his way and ripping them away from their biological brother and sister to hurt me for not staying with his sleazy ass. He has told them since i was pregnant with youngest DS that he wasn't their brother(still to this day he says it). Anyways i am all crying now....:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: for you...take it easy and get a new attorney and try to have a Happy Holiday!

AFM, i am in a funk lately and have a bad attitude with all my family. They don't care to even help out in this horrible situation and when i needed them the most they abandoned me. DH has really no where to go(his family lives in another state) and me and the kids stay at the house on the weekends...he now doesn't get to see our son either if the oldest two are here so it seems he works and is gone and we have no time as a family...so i tried to ask my mom, and sisters if we could stay with them one weekend so he could have a warm place to sleep ( and keep our son) and none of them will. They even stopped answering our calls. And of course we have Christmas coming up and i don't want to go spend it with a bunch of selfish people who only care about themselves( they have been this way my whole life) but when they need help guess who the first person they call is??? Yeah I am so tired of all this shit really.

Momma brown I'm so sorry you are going through this. What a horrid situation grrrr as I said people can be so cruel and thoughtless and manipulative oh an did I mention selfish!!!! ((Hugs)) hopefully 2013 will be a better year!!!

Mommabrown that is awful.... I mean, my mom is pissed at the moment & not speaking to me because dh & I are back together, but I know she will get over her little mad spell with time.

I can't imagine not having any support while going through what you have been going through. It must be horrible not to mention the holidays & being pregnant. That's way more than anyone should have to face.

I am glad to hear you are liking your new attorney better. I sure hope this one will do their freaking job & get this all cleared up ASAP! I hope & pray things get better soon & yall are able to be a family again really soon.

Wow ladies, we are all having such crappy times at the moment it seems.

This is really, really dumb but it actually cheered me up a lot today. You might have already seen some of them. And some are actually not funny. But a bunch are pretty funny.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/people-who-are-having-a-worse-day-than-you

And one thing that cheered me up today was that I finally found that damn Peg Perego at a store in NYC. We are going back for a few days after xmas so I can go see it then. No thanks to Peg Perego though, I asked a question on their blog, emailed them directly, called their customer service and couldn't get any help from anyone to find one in a store in Boston or NY. I called two pages of ph numbers from their crappy outdated website list all in a 20 mile radius of Boston trying to find one. The place I found one isn't even listed on their website! I even said to the CS woman "I am trying to give you $500 and can't believe that nobody will help me!" So ridiculous!

Kristabelle, Have you tried BuyBuyBaby? I think they have two stores on Mass (https://www.buybuybaby.com/storeLocator.asp?) and they sell that Brand??

Yup called them, they have other Peg models but not the new one yet :( Technically the model we're looking at is being released April 2013 but there are limited first shipments available now, mostly online. So because I don't want to wait until April to get the stroller I have to try to find places that have the limited shipments. So even though only certain places will have placed orders for this particular stroller with Peg they cannot possibly tell you which ones they are so that you can buy one. Instead you just have to use the pathetic list on their website that is not even stroller specific, let alone model specific. And hasn't been properly updated in years. It includes places that just sell car seats, places that have closed down or whatever. It boggles the mind.

But thank you for helping!

Yuck! Sorry to hear! I do hope you find a place to order it from! The good thing is, if you find place to order it from and it comes in and you don't like it, you can return it for store credit (usually) and get another model that they carry?!?!

Awwwww mommabrown I wish neither of us had to go through this. My ex is a lot like yours. he hates loosing and will do anything to hurt me. it sucks. I found a new solicitor and he seems a lot better. I can see him tuesday so hopefully he will be a rockstar.. do you think maybe your daughter is confused and hurting so shes avoiding the situation by shutting you and her brother out? Xxx

Yuck! Sorry to hear! I do hope you find a place to order it from! The good thing is, if you find place to order it from and it comes in and you don't like it, you can return it for store credit (usually) and get another model that they carry?!?!

The place in NYC has one in the store for us to try out and then once we decide we should be able to have it shipped to MA for free. Unless they have a red one in stock that day in which case we can bring it home to MA in the car. I just want to make sure the recline really is flat, and that it seems sturdy, has real one handed steering etc. The issue I was having with getting one online is that most places even if they shipped it to you for free if you return it they will make you pay the return shipping plus the original shipping that was "free" plus a restocking fee which varies between 10-20% of the price of the stroller! So I am really glad I finally found a place that we can see it.

We're also going to go look at a Mamas and Papas Sola and a Mutsy Evo on the weekend. Just so that we will have seen basically everything available at the moment that is suitable from birth and has a reversible seat before we make our decision in NY. The stroller has definitely been the most work as far as research and effort to find. But it will also be our most $ purchase so I guess that makes sense.

Thanks Ladies!!! I'm glad you too have a new attorney Ukgirl!! I dunno really what to think about DD vut i know since i have left them alone about everything her and DS have began to act completely normal again at home. She maybe and if thats her way of coping with all this then I just have to understand from her point of view and take it.

Maybesoon i don't understand why she can't just be happy for you. Every couple has its ups and downs and it was one of y'alls. My family has always been this way. I just thought they would see i need them now more than ever and try to be here for us. But apparently i am the only one with compassion in my family. Now you see why i appreciate you gals so much!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->