April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

I was trying to do some baking this evening and it's just not working the way I want it too... sigh.

I did however finish off the "One Fish, Two Fish" dresser that we were painting for the nursery tonight. I think it looks pretty good! DH was pretty happy with it too. :happydance: I can't wait till we start getting the nursery put together after Christmas!

Attachments

• fish dresser.jpg
    fish dresser.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 3
Awww the dresser looks adorable Ready to Mum!

I am almost two-thirds of the way through my giraffe wall. It was def. harder than I thought! But I like how its turning out, so its okay. Excuse the rest of the disaster surrounding the room!

We are getting the last piece of furniture (the book case) on our trip to NY too, so then we will be able to properly lay out the room. Can't wait!

Attachments

• IMG00038-20121213-1634.jpg
    IMG00038-20121213-1634.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 10

I am almost two-thirds of the way through my giraffe wall. It was def. harder than I thought! But I like how its turning out, so its okay. Excuse the rest of the disaster surrounding the room!

We are getting the last piece of furniture (the book case) on our trip to NY too, so then we will be able to properly lay out the room. Can't wait!

Very cool kristabelle! Are you doing a specifically giraffe theme, or a safari/animal theme? I wish we could paint the walls where we live right now... but sadly we cannot. Thankfully they have some really awesome wall decals now, so we're not doomed to a completely plain white wall.

Painting wall murals is a lot of effort--but it will be so worth it when it's done!!

And congrats on V-day!!

I love the one fish two fish drawers they are super cute!! And the giraffe wall looks amazing!! I need something like that to do to keep my mind off other stuff I think!

My little man was looking better yesterday then before dinner his temp spiked again and now hes in my bed with ear ache :( Im so tired but its good training I guess.

Earlier today I did a biiiig yawn and it felt like Benson's knee or something was going to pop out of my uterus... sometimes If I bend over sideways I feel him press against my tummy. I cant remember that with my other two. but Im learning quickly that even after having two babies there are still thinga to learn and things to experience which is cool xx

Oh my gosh Readytomum and Kirstabelle you ladies are AMAZING! I love the dresser and that giraffe wall is unreal!!

Happy v-day Kirstabelle! :happydance:

Didn't get a chance to read all of what happened yesterday but I hope everyone is doing OK!

UKgirl, sorry to hear Lucas still isn't well, let's hope he's better in time for Christmas.

Afm...FRIDAY! :happydance: Located my file of "Things for kids to do when I don't want to teach them" and photocopied, and am handing out sheets left, right and centre :) Awesome!

thank you doggylover :) I hotfooted him to the doctors first thing this morning, he has an ear infection now, he has some antibiotics so he should be much better within 2 days :)

Congrats with V day kristabelle!

Yay on V day!

Love the giraffe pattern!:thumbup:

Anyone knows how to entertain a lively 1.5 year old? I'm babysitting this Sunday. I'm good with smaller babies and older kids (3+)... 1.5-3 are a grey area for me :p

I just bought a blood pressure monitor because I keep feeling dizzy, even after eating... I had low bp before but now it is ridiculous. I have 98sys and 58dia but high pulse (98)! WTH!

I'm loving the draws and the giraffe wall ladies!!!!!! My furniture is due for delivery this morning ...infcat it should already be here grrrrrrr i'm very impatient!

ukgirl so sorry your lo's not well - poor thing!!!

Happy V day kristabelle!!!!

well i'm off to see my friend shortly who had her baby girl on tuesday night via c-section she was 5.14 so a tiny weeny one - i can't wait to meet her :) I'm actually slightly jelous that she has got to meet her bubs already and i've got to wait lots more weeks - blooming preggy hormones how BONKERS is that!! LOL !!!!!

No Nimbec I would agree with you on that! I am jealous when I see people with newborns that I have to wait!!!

Lily, my nephew is a year and a half, and on any given day it's a total mystery as to what will amuse him. Sometimes he plays well with actual toys, and other days he's happy to take things in and out of cupboards for HOURS (and I do means HOURS!). As long as they bring some toys, or you are at their house, the LO will lead you on what they fancy doing. We trail after my nephew as he potters about and decides what he wants to do. The LO should also be pretty good if you say "Do you want to play with ____" in letting you know yes or no. They have the attention span of a gnat though, so you'll be busy!

Ukgirl, glad to hear Lucas will be sorted soon, and in time for the last exciting few Christmassy days at school!

Or if it's nice weather, a wee walk is always a good bet for a lively one. Gets their energy out and always lots to look at!

Thanks girls, I was thinking of taking her to the park, but I'm afraid of the weather. I know she likes playing with spoons and cups, and I will get some balloons for her to chase around. Hopefully she will not get too bored and cry!

all kids love the park lily :D

well things are looking up this morning, I have a new solicitor lined up, luke's on the mend no he has antibiotics Aaron's cleaning the kitchen for me! and I just spoke to child protection who told me my ex husband is fighting tooth and nail to stop the documents from coming over from norway :p Cafcass told me I'm doing well and to change solicitor and keep going so I'm feeling much better about things now.

I have a lot of stabby type lower abdominal pain this morning I think it's ligament pain. Is anyone else getting this? x

Good luck with the lawyers Candy!
Is Luke better?

I had horrible pains the day before because I was so tired, and baby was pushing hard low. Drink lots of water and try to put your feet up for a while, it helps a lot!

Furniture arrived - had to send all back as water damaged beyond all belief!!! Stupid delivery van had water streaming in down the sides and it soaked boxes/ripped them and damaged the wood :( Pics are on fb if you want to see - i was truly amazed!!!

Complained to company and they are sending it all back and i'll get a new lot! PHEW!!

so upset :(

his temp is down for now lily he's watching power rangers at the moment :)

omg nimbec how typical is that!!! I hope the new stuff is better! Such a let down! xx

UKgirl, happy to hear that Lucas is doing better and that you have a new Solicitor!
Nimbec, I can't believe the furniture finally got there and now you have to send it all back :growlmad:! How frustrating! It's good that they didnt make a fuss about it though!!
Love the dresser and the giraffe wall!!!
Was telling OH last night that I really want to get the furniture next weekend so I can get started. He seems to think that we have forever to get everything going.... I know its still early but I want Graysons room to be ready!! Right now, I have everything scattered all over the house:dohh:

Lily, have fun babysitting :happydance:

AFM, I picked up the stroller and carseat, the high chair, and the swing! Really happy with everything!! Paid a total of $500 for everything brand new (over $900 if I had bought it in the store). I didn't really need the high chair yet, but I figured it was a great deal and I will need it sooner or later :shrug:
The swing is the Fisher Price My little lamp Premium edition one. Do you guys have any experience with it? I hear its a bit load, but most people love it.
I just can't wait to get his room ready!!

Oh Steph that is so exciting!!! And you're right, you'll need the high chair eventually, so may as well get it while it's cheap!

Nimbec, awful news about your furniture! Will have to check out the photos on fb. Awful to have to have the hassle of getting it collected and redelivered, but at least you have been able to sort it without major issue.

Ukgirl, so glad to hear that things with you court case are looking up :)

Lily, balloons = excellent idea! My nephew would play with balloons for days on end (this is after he got over his phobia caused by me bopping him on the head with one when he was a lot smaller! Oops!) Sounds like you have it all figured out!

Candy... So happy to hear things are going better.

nimbec.... That seems to be my luck when I order stuff. There is always something wrong with it & I end up having to send it back... So typical.

lily you will have a blast at the park!!!

AFM.... Don't really have anything new to report.... I have decided that as much as I love the thought that come April I will have my baby boy in my arms after all these years wanting a baby..... I'm just not the girl who loves being pregnant. My Mom swears being pregnant was the best time of her life. Yea... Not me.... I hate not being in control of my body or anything going on with it....

Happy Friday!!! Hope everyone has a great day & super weekend!!!

Oh maybesoon :hugs: I definitely felt that way at the start when I was exhausted and feeling naseous all the time, so I know how you feel, and how disappointing it feels as well. Hopefully you will start to feel better about it all as you move towards third tri.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->