April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

:shock: I'm jealous! We have to go pick ours up as they don't deliver but we don't get one free!!! I mean technically the voucher gets us the same thing, but we sometimes don't always get 50% off - I feel like I'm missing out :haha: I'm such a cheapskate!

Haha dony worry youre not alone! Why pay more if you can get it cheaper!? 1 free pizza is awesome... xxx

My curly fries are in the oven :happydance:

I miss NYC pizza all the time! So freakin good and depending on the place you can get plain cheese for $1 or $1.50 a slice. Mmmmmm...

Oooooh... I hear the oven buzzer!

:-k Hmmmm... alva baby sells newborn dipes. For $4.95. I could actually get an entire nb stash of those for the same price as renting. Very interesting. Could just get a dozen nb workhorse fitteds from Green Mountain for using with covers I already have and have knitted, then get a dozen of the alva nb's. I am just worried about washing microfiber. I have heard so many stories about people having stink issues, which is why I was trying to stick to cotton and natural fibers. What to do, what to do?

Well even if they are not nearly as cute as CD... I just got my first shipment of pampers and wipes from amazon! 20% off plus free shipping with the mama membership ($78/year but the first 3 months are free) :happydance:

I guess I'm just excited to finally start stocking up so I feel more prepared :dohh: :haha:

My curly fries are in the oven :happydance:

I miss NYC pizza all the time! So freakin good and depending on the place you can get plain cheese for $1 or $1.50 a slice. Mmmmmm...

Oooooh... I hear the oven buzzer!

yummmm.... now I want pizza :haha:.

Well even if they are not nearly as cute as CD... I just got my first shipment of pampers and wipes from amazon! 20% off plus free shipping with the mama membership ($78/year but the first 3 months are free) :happydance:

I guess I'm just excited to finally start stocking up so I feel more prepared :dohh: :haha:

Hmmm, tell me more. Is the mama membership like prime? Do you get the streaming movies and the kindle rental library? Is it 20% off other baby stuff or just diapers?

I love pampers I used them on both my kids. they dont leak and are very flexible. Oh yes disposables can be exciting too! In norway they had libero I dont know if you get them in america. norway is quitte americanised anyway i found huggies to be terrible for nappies but their wipes are amazing. pampers wipes are a bit flimsy but lidl wipes smell amazaballs. In asda I saw a box of newborn nappies tht should last a month approx.. for about twenty pounds. I shall be using those for the first month I think. But yes those are what I found best personally when I used disposables :) xx

Someone on facebook saw I was buying CDs and is going to post to me their used ones I just have to givebher a tenner plus postage :D

That's great UKGirl, your stash is growing!

I agree that disposables are just as exciting! Pretty much anything tiny enough to be worn by a newborn baby is beyond cute and it is very, very exciting that they are your first baby's first diapers Steph!! I would probably take a picture... and possibly cry :haha:

Hmmm, tell me more. Is the mama membership like prime? Do you get the streaming movies and the kindle rental library? Is it 20% off other baby stuff or just diapers?

It's actually a subdivision of prime... If you already have prime, then you just add the mama to it (no extra cost). It's actually 15% off from prime and another 5% for mom. You set up a delivery schedule (like 1 shipment a month, or every 3 months). You can always change or cancel the shipments as well (if you now need bigger diaper sizes for example). I believe it includes all baby products and healthcare products (like shampoo, gel, etc). If you go to amazon.com they give you all the details.
After my calculations, the $78 annual prime fee pays for itself after buying 8 cases of diapers (my size 1 pampers swaddlers came out to $38/case vs $45 original price), plus no shipping or gas to get to the store. Another huge benefit is not having to worry about getting to the store when u run low... Just move a shipment up sooner.
Everything I order after the 8 cases are just an added bonus at this point.

That's great UKGirl, your stash is growing!

I agree that disposables are just as exciting! Pretty much anything tiny enough to be worn by a newborn baby is beyond cute and it is very, very exciting that they are your first baby's first diapers Steph!! I would probably take a picture... and possibly cry :haha:

Lol I didn't even think of a picture... I think I may :haha:

My sister took me out to Toys R Us tonight to pick up our crib mattress!! :happydance: The crib looks so nice now with the mattress in it. Now we just need to wait till the shower in a few weeks to hopefully get the mattress cover and some sheets and we'll be able to fully assemble the crib! :happydance:

Also, I may have bought two little outfit sets while we were out... :blush:

Toys R Us was having a 25% of sale on clothes, so I bought a green dinosaur set from there in 3/6 months. It's a onsie, a long sleeved cardigan with a dinosaur on it with little scales on the hood, and a pair of stripped pants. And then I bought another outfit at Winners. It's also 3/6 months and it's monkeys! It has a onsie, a long sleeved cardigan, a pair of pants, as well as a long sleeved sleeper. The pants have little monkey heads on the feet! Ahhh cutness overload. lol

DH is a little obsessed with dinosaurs, so when he saw the dinosaur outfit he freaked out. He has declared he wants a matching one. :rofl:

Candy, I know Libero diapers, I was in Helsinki and saw they had a good sale and got 4 packets for newborns, my first stash. They are also available in Italy if I'm not mistaken. Idk if they are any good lol. At first I will be using disposables, until we have a routine, then as he grows a bit we will move on to cloth.
So far only Lidl has good prices, Pampers are very exp. And I think Chicco through their delivery system has good prices.

My sister took me out to Toys R Us tonight to pick up our crib mattress!! :happydance: The crib looks so nice now with the mattress in it. Now we just need to wait till the shower in a few weeks to hopefully get the mattress cover and some sheets and we'll be able to fully assemble the crib! :happydance:

Also, I may have bought two little outfit sets while we were out... :blush:

Toys R Us was having a 25% of sale on clothes, so I bought a green dinosaur set from there in 3/6 months. It's a onsie, a long sleeved cardigan with a dinosaur on it with little scales on the hood, and a pair of stripped pants. And then I bought another outfit at Winners. It's also 3/6 months and it's monkeys! It has a onsie, a long sleeved cardigan, a pair of pants, as well as a long sleeved sleeper. The pants have little monkey heads on the feet! Ahhh cutness overload. lol

DH is a little obsessed with dinosaurs, so when he saw the dinosaur outfit he freaked out. He has declared he wants a matching one. :rofl:

OMG monkey feet so cute!!!:happydance: lol at your DH and the dinosaur outfit!

I keep saying to myself I must pay a visit to Toys R Us but I never do. Last night DH suggested we should take a look, even for fun. I almost fell off my chair!
Did you see any nice sleeper gowns?

:-k Hmmmm... alva baby sells newborn dipes. For $4.95. I could actually get an entire nb stash of those for the same price as renting. Very interesting. Could just get a dozen nb workhorse fitteds from Green Mountain for using with covers I already have and have knitted, then get a dozen of the alva nb's. I am just worried about washing microfiber. I have heard so many stories about people having stink issues, which is why I was trying to stick to cotton and natural fibers. What to do, what to do?

Why don't you just get a couple of Alvas to supplement the Green Mountains, and then if you find they are working well maybe order a couple more in the first week or so?

Steph: I agree that little tiny disposables are just as cute as cloth! Hard to believe anything has a bum that tiny!! (If my butt is anything to go by, my baby will be straight into huge sizes :haha:)

UKgirl: that's great news about the girl you know on Facebook! Why does nobody I know use cloth to do that for me!? I've also heard huggies nappies aren't that great...they are actually not selling nappies after this spring, which indicates to me that even they know they aren't great! Also good to know about the Lidl wipes :thumbup: I plan on using reusable wipes at home, but normal ones when out and about for ease. Also, Babame and Fluff Heaven are having a sale on Flip covers (hook and loop only) 2 for £15. I was going to get some, but prefer snaps so decided not to.

Readytomum: oh my gosh that little dinosaur outfit sounds SO FLIPPING CUTE! I love anything with ears/scales etc on the hood, I just think they are adorable!

Afm: Looooooong day at work today. We have our Open Night for prospective pupils and parents this evening, and it usually runs from around 7pm to 10.30pm (or later :cry:) So I will be totally exhausted tomorrow. Luckily the main part of my day is actually pretty quiet as kids are out at different events, so I can maybe have a little snooze mid-afternoon :haha:

All this talk of diapers we are doing makes me want to do no work and just look at them all day long online!!! I would love my boss to look through my internet history - all he'd see are diaper websites! :haha:

lily Libero are very good in my experience with them, they had no leaks and were just as good as pampers :) xx

doggylover- I was surprised that she offered them to me for just £10 plus P+P, I' not so sure on the denim looking covers though. I don't want Benson to look like he's wearing tiny hot pants :/ LOL, I've got a mixture of hook and loop and snaps so I can try both out I think I have about 30 nappies now all together cost me £50 plus I brought some muslin cloths and monkey foot bags on ebay to go for wipes so that is included in the price. I will also have wetwipes in my nappy bag when we are out and about for wiping babies face and hands and if baby has a mega sloppy poo! lol Sorry to hear you have to work late tonight!! I so hope your boss looks at your history haha! xx

I've got really bad lower back pain today and I ache in the bones of my back :( I'm going to have a nice warm bath after breakfast to see if that helps. I think it was from running away from the evil ducks at the park yesterday hehe!

Afm: Looooooong day at work today. We have our Open Night for prospective pupils and parents this evening, and it usually runs from around 7pm to 10.30pm (or later :cry:) So I will be totally exhausted tomorrow. Luckily the main part of my day is actually pretty quiet as kids are out at different events, so I can maybe have a little snooze mid-afternoon :haha:

All this talk of diapers we are doing makes me want to do no work and just look at them all day long online!!! I would love my boss to look through my internet history - all he'd see are diaper websites! :haha:

Hang in there with Open Night tonight, try to get a nap or something if it a quiet day, you'll need your energy!

Haha about diapers, me as well I think I spent the whole morning looking for cloth diapers today :blush: It is an investment isn't it?

lily Libero are very good in my experience with them, they had no leaks and were just as good as pampers :) xx

I've got really bad lower back pain today and I ache in the bones of my back :( I'm going to have a nice warm bath after breakfast to see if that helps. I think it was from running away from the evil ducks at the park yesterday hehe!

I just have to wait and I will see about Libero. Hopefully he will not have exploding poop or anything, and I don't know a thing about baby boys pee, I mean the mechanism is different from us girls so where does the pee go... Ha do I sound silly?:fool:

Too many activities will do that to one's back, have someone to rub you and soak in a warm bath, it helps a lot. Hope you feel better later.

I use my maternity support belt during days with lots of activities and I must say I have a pain free back for many weeks now.

I'm thinking about buying a set of Disana diaper system, but I have a lot of research to do... It is not low maintenance for sure, but I think it looks good.
https://www.disana.de/engl/produkte/wickeln/wickelanleitung.html

Lily I may have to buy a back support too I think :( I walk a lot and have to bend ove lots to pick up after the kids. Im sure that plays a huge part in it x

with boys when you put the nappy on make sure his willy is pointing down or the pee will go up and out of the nappy. Also when you take the nappy off put a wetwipe or coth over it because fresh air makes boys pee hehe.. I got peed on loads! Once over my shoulder! Xx

Oh yes there will be a time when your baby does a huge farty poo and the poo will spread upto the back of babies head or neck! No nappy can protect against that no matter how amazing it is xxx

Thanks for the advice, especially about the peepee! I know nothing about little boys!
Definitely buy a back support, no need to suffer or make it a more permanent problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->