April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Oh yes there will be a time when your baby does a huge farty poo and the poo will spread upto the back of babies head or neck! No nappy can protect against that no matter how amazing it is xxx

Does it seriously get that far up?!!?!?!? Oh my!

yes it can do, Luke had it right up to the top of his head once lol Connie only managed up to her neck :p I wonder if Ben will beat Luke's record xx

I guess if it is very liquid, and the baby is on his back it can get pushed to the middle of his back easily... Hope I never have to experience this :p

Would you buy cloth diapers that are used? Even if they look clean, is it hygienic?

Lily, I bought a big bundle of used cloth from eBay. I haven't gotten round to washing them, and I didn't check each on individually, but the ones I've looked at are in good condition. I don't think it's unhygenic at all to use them, but I do understand how people could feel weird about it (tbh I was horrified at the thought at first, then saw this great bundle on eBay and went for it!)

I think the thing is just to check out why the person is selling (i.e. have grown out of, the system doesn't work for them, aren't having anymore kids) and get a good look at pictures of them if possible.

Ewwww on the neck poo ladies lol... I'm with lily, I hope I don't have to deal with it (while I am very certain that my baby will manage to get it in his hair lol)

I hear someone call it a : peepee teepee.... They used the diaper to cover the boy parts to prevent open air from hitting it ahahaha... I'm sure we will all get inventive to prevent the over the shoulder stream :haha:

So I actually bought size 1 diapers (instead of new born) because they said 8-14lbs. I'm not expecting a little baby so I guess I am mentally preparing myself :haha:

I had ordered these little suits and they just came in yesterday. Our temperatures are always high, so I can't really buy all the cute fluffy suits lol
Since this was on sale, I had to get it :happydance:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 1
Steph my DS LIVES in those rompers during the summer months - sooo easy and adorable on little boys! They don't take up room in the diaper bag either and no need to fuss with a onesie/shorts combo when you are out - one set of snaps and you're off!

Sweat pea, that's what I'm hoping for :thumbup:

We also just finished the first nursery project this weekend. I had bought all te materials but needed OHs expertise to attach all the pieces together lol. If it can't be done with a glue gun, I'm pretty useless :haha:

So this name plate will hang over his crib. It's just over 4ft long, so it should work out nicely!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 3
On the poo front - the first morning after we brought DS home from the hospital I was changing him on our bed with his butt facing at me. Big mistake! He was starting with the runnier breast milk poops already at that point and let me tell you I've never seen poop shoot that far - all over my chest and the bed - and of course I didn't have a shirt on bc I was getting ready to nurse, or had just finished or whatever! It didn't help I had his feet pulled back and his little butt was aimed right at me but after that, I always changed him at his changing table, with him turned sideways instead of his butt aimed at me LOL!

That looks great steph and the colors will attract LO's eyes for sure!

On the poo front - the first morning after we brought DS home from the hospital I was changing him on our bed with his butt facing at me. Big mistake! He was starting with the runnier breast milk poops already at that point and let me tell you I've never seen poop shoot that far - all over my chest and the bed - and of course I didn't have a shirt on bc I was getting ready to nurse, or had just finished or whatever! It didn't help I had his feet pulled back and his little butt was aimed right at me but after that, I always changed him at his changing table, with him turned sideways instead of his butt aimed at me LOL!

LMAO :rofl:

Oh boy that is horrible and amazing all at the same time!!! Great story for his sweet 16 birthday party though :thumbup:

doggylover I know it is just an idea I have to get over with, I guess if they are washed well I have no reasons to worry. So far those I'm interested in are too used, the sellers are potty training their kids, and most were used for a second child too!!! I have a lots of time to wait of course, and if it comes to the point that I can't get gently used second hand diapers, I will fork out the money for the new ones. :(

Steph82
I just saw a video on how to change a little boy, ha ha weird and cute at the same time.
Those suits are the cutest!!! Love yellow!
One day that I'm not too lazy I will take pics of my stash ;)
Yay on finishing the nursery!

ooSweetPea
OMG!!! Poop-sprayed on your chest!!! So sorry but I'm peeing my self laughing!

Changing table became my best friend that day HAHA. My mom still sometimes changes him on the floor with his butt aimed at her and although he is waaaay beyond the projectile phase it still makes me nervous to watch! If I change him on the floor I have to make sure he's sideways still :)

Haha ladies yuk yuk yuk thankgoodness for changing tables phew! Projectile poo who would have thought it lol!! Sweet pea I'm not surprised it has left you a lil concerned hehe although hilarious sorry can't help but chuckle!

I'm not using cloth but if I was to I think 2nd hand would be fine as you say they are well washed and you will wash them all again to make sure so should be no problems!

Well I'm feeling pretty awful after my cordal epidural yesterday it was a horrific experience :( basically the first thing they said when I arrived...is there any chance u could be pregnant? Errrr hello spot the bump I'm not exactly small and we yes 29weeks actually pmsl!! So then got down to anesthetic room and all hell let loose as surgeon wanted to use X-ray guidance and I along with X-ray techs point blank refused!! So at this point I thought I was going home UNTIL consultant anesthetist walked in an said he could do it without as he did all obstetric ones and had done lots of these to on pregnant women like myself (I could have hugged him!)

But then when he inserted it my blood pressure dropped to 47/37 and I was totally delerious and felt really poorly plus the injection BLOODY hurt even with the local anesthetic. So they panicked and gave me drugs - I screeched Nooooo cos of bubs but thy assures me it was fine. It then took another hour for my blood pressure to get back to 87/47 still very low. Spent forever in recovery before they let me back to the ward! Was discharged with blood pressure still low feeling like utter crap...and guess what nobody asked or checked the baby!!! Luckily he's een kicking away so I'm pretty sure he's ok! So I'm shattered and very sore today - cue sofa day!! Rubbish tv and hopefully some chocolate if my oh will get me some!!

Ontop of this they have told me that this will happen when I have my spinal and to make them aware as they need to be prepared - now I'm shitting myself!!!

Anyway rant over - hope everyone is ok!

Fantastic news that emmeleiagh is ok! I'd definately swap doctors hun!!

Oh yes there will be a time when your baby does a huge farty poo and the poo will spread upto the back of babies head or neck! No nappy can protect against that no matter how amazing it is xxx

Does it seriously get that far up?!!?!?!? Oh my!

I think the farthest Maisie's ever made it was to her shoulder blades. :haha:

But -- here's great news -- she's NEVER had a poopsplosion up the back in cloth diapers (it has leaked out of the legs, before, but that's so much less disgusting, IMO)! The cloth diapers/covers I use have elastic at the waist in the back. So, as long as you tighten the aplix or snaps enough, that protects quite well against up-the-back blowouts. Pretty much every time she pooped in a disposable, it'd go up her back because sposies just don't have that same protection. :nope:

The trade off of not having so many poopsplosions thanks to firmer solids-poop is the smell. :dohh: :sick:

nimbec -- I'm sorry you had such an ordeal yesterday! I must have sympathy low blood pressure for you. Very woozy yesterday and starting to feel like that again today. :shrug: Good thing I have an OB appt. this afternoon.

:-k Hmmmm... alva baby sells newborn dipes. For $4.95. I could actually get an entire nb stash of those for the same price as renting. Very interesting. Could just get a dozen nb workhorse fitteds from Green Mountain for using with covers I already have and have knitted, then get a dozen of the alva nb's. I am just worried about washing microfiber. I have heard so many stories about people having stink issues, which is why I was trying to stick to cotton and natural fibers. What to do, what to do?

People have stink issues because they haven't found the right wash routine yet. It takes some time to perfect based on your washer and whether you have hard/soft water. If they're stinky, something's wrong. People have stink issues with natural fibers as well (especially ammonia) for the same reason.

I don't know that I'd put all my eggs into the alva basket. They seem not to work at all for some people. The good thing is, in my experience, cloth diapers are pretty easy to sell. I had bought a ton of size small BG AIOs (on clearance as they weren't being made anymore) and ended up hating them. I sold them used on eBay for more than I paid for them new. :haha:

Also, in case you weren't aware, there are baby co-ops on facebook that do diaper orders quite often so you can get even better prices that way a lot of times.

sweetpea that is hillarious!!! I've never had that happen to me thankfully! I have often jumped when I'm changing a nappy and the baby has farted, it's so sudden when they poo it scares me. I used to whip the dirty one off and put the new one on asap LOL.. that one sounds like a top of the head reacher though!! :p

Nimbec I'm sorry you feel so pants today but I hope it has helped in the long run xx :hugs:

steph, yeh covering the bits with a nappy is a good idea too, boys pee when they get out of the bath as well, so many times when I was drying Luke that he peed in the towel. But in my experience my boy was easier to potty train than my girl ;)

I have really bad lower back pain today and I feel like I've been kicked between the legs :( it's so sore I've just sat or laid down all day. I feel like I need a BM but I don't :( I felt Ben kick in my lower back, I never had that with the other two so I'm thinking it's his position. If it's still bad tomorrow I'll be off to the doctor xx

doggylover are you still alive at work lol? xx

Wow I had over 13pages to catch up on!!!!
Mommabrown so glad all is well with little emmaleigh!!!!
number what an ordeal!!! and ouch!
I'm so sorry I don't really remember much else except poo explosions! Paige wasn't too bad luckily till.she was a bit older and.the nappy size she was in was getting a bit small! but I had my sil over yesterday and her 5month old had a serious explosion! didn't look like much in the nappy but as she went to remove the nappy omg it was up to her shoulders!!!! it was every where sorry for Tmi! lol I had to help strip her off as 2hands just aren't enough, it got all.over my hands and I forgot what breast milk poop smells like too haha!
afm I found out yesterday that my glucose came back very high so yeah, I have gestational diabetes! So had to go to hospital to get a blood testing kit and talk about diet etc! So I am now back.to high risk and have to goto hospital every 2weeks for check ups and need 3more scans before bubs gets here! also seeing a consultant next week to.find out what the best option is for us as I also have group b strep they may have to induce me at 38 weeks or possibly c section..... not really sure how I.feel right now! :(

Oh no Kealz, I'm so sorry!! At least you get to have some extra scans?? Did you expect the GTT to come back high or was that a surprise? Sorry you have to deal with the extra care now. At least it's the homestretch!!
Being induced at 38 weeks is not too bad right?? Full term is 37 correct?

no I wasn't really expecting it, so a bit shocked! in regards to being induced at 38weeks, it's An upside I get to meet my little man sooner but I'm concerned about being induced, I.know sometimes you can be induced but it still.doesn't kick start the Labour and if my waters break that's when it's dangerous for baby coz of the group b strep! and I didn't want a section but obviously what ever is best for the baby is all that matters but I just feel.really cheap about the whole thing really! I know there are people out there that a worse off then me but I.just can't seem to catch a break! and to top it off my landlord it upping my rent!!!!!!!! lol this is.not.my.year so far!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->