April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Kealz Im sorry to hear yoire having so many problems. Xxx

no I wasn't really expecting it, so a bit shocked! in regards to being induced at 38weeks, it's An upside I get to meet my little man sooner but I'm concerned about being induced, I.know sometimes you can be induced but it still.doesn't kick start the Labour and if my waters break that's when it's dangerous for baby coz of the group b strep! and I didn't want a section but obviously what ever is best for the baby is all that matters but I just feel.really cheap about the whole thing really! I know there are people out there that a worse off then me but I.just can't seem to catch a break! and to top it off my landlord it upping my rent!!!!!!!! lol this is.not.my.year so far!

Ugh how frustrating!!!!!! Maybe you can get the GD under control with diet and then maybe they will let you go longer without induction??

Hopefully I can! They are going to monitor me over the next few weeks and we will work something out! As for my landlord, grrr lol! He was like I promise to do the porch up! I was like ummm u promised that 2 years ago! Think I'm gonna ask for that in writing!

our landlady is putting our rent up too, we live in a damp mouldy flat that was build in the 60s and has never been refurbished and she's asking 700 a month!! It's the times we live in they are struggling to pay the mortgage so we get stuck with an insanely high rent! I wish we could afford to buy! x

Kealz in so sorry your having a rough time :( ((((hugs))))

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone!

Well do you remember all the hassle with damaged furniture I had from mamas & papas? Well I got a £110 voucher from them today yipeeee :) :) :) I still have damaged furniture but I can live with it!! It means we should be able to buy the car seat base with it....I could so buy cute outfits but must not PLUS asda have the most amazing baby sets for £6 they are sooooo cute! I have to admit I bought a few and a few nice blankets enroute back home from hospital tee Hee ;)

Also got everything ready for bubs hospital bag today ...have I missed anything?? In having an early section : clothes are x2 as in tiny & newborn
3shortsleved vests
3 long sleeve vests
3 sleep suits
Coming home outfit
Blanket
Hat
Socks/booties x2
Pack of 27 nappies
5 muslins
3bibs
Little teddy (couldn't resist!)
Wipes
Cotton wool

Any suggestions most welcome!!

Not done mine yet LOL because I'm high risk midwifes have been hassling me!

kealz194, many hugs hun... Inducing is very common over here, as doctors want to get on with their days and can't wait us around. Your vase is totally different of course, so please try to think it as something for your own and baby's health.

nimbec lol you are ready to go! I would add 1-2 swaddling cloths/blankies, and some almond oil/other natural oil to clean meconium too.

nimbec -- how long will they keep you in the hospital? I'd plan on at least 12 diapers a day (may only need 8 or so/day but just in case unless the hospital will provide some?).

I'd personally omit the bibs if you're planning to breastfeed, but I suppose they don't take up much space and if you're planning to formula feed, they're a good idea. And I have no idea what you mean by muslins. :haha:

Ladies I keep getting a tightening pain arcoss my lower bump and round my hips and it feels like I've got awful awful wind/period pains! I'm scared as to what it could be I don't really remember from before!!!!

If you run out of nappies in the uk they have spares so you dont need to take 12. They let you go within 5 hours unless there is complications or you have a section then you stay over night xx

kealz I have that today with a low back pain too and feel like Ive been kicked in the vag! I read its just spd. Have yo had enough to drink? Maybe lay down for a bit? Ben is pressi g down low today I think that may be part of it.. that could be the same thing for you? Xxx

Nimbec mittens if you are using them. and alcohol wipes for the cord but they may clean that for you.. Hats and I think that is it. Your bag sounds good! Xx

Wow, only one night for a section? That's nice. Here they try to keep you 3-4, I think! :wacko:

They made me stay 2 full nights for a quite smooth vaginal birth with no real complications (I just had a tear, but that's no big deal from a medical perspective, really). :dohh: They even made me sleep the first night with my IV in (not connected to anything) "just in case." :dohh: Seriously for no reason, my BP & everything else had been fine through labor and delivery and entire time postpartum, Maisie had been fine the entire time through it all. :shrug: I ended up being at the stupid hospital for like 56 hours or so. Ugh. :nope: I think I'm going to talk to my OBs about only staying one night this time and see how they feel about it. PLEASE don't let the same OB deliver this time. I really don't care for her (I like the other 5!).

And good that they will provide diapers if needed. Here, I won't pack any at all.

Yup in norway I had to stay 3 days for a normal birth.. my friend had a section and had to stay for a week but over here if everything is okay after the section they let you go as soon as you can stand up. Myaunt had one last year. It might be different elsewhere but the birthing place here is high demand. My mum had my brother normally she got asked to go a few hours after having him. He is 7 so maybe its changed Im just going by what I hear like I said I had my last babies in Norway but a friend of mine had her baby before xmas and she said she got to go home a few hours later as she had hi. in the morning. x

Hey ladies, sorry to hear some of you have been having a rough go with health complications!! :flower: Hopefully things will settle down and it won't seem as big of an issue later.

I learned about aiming the wee-wee down to avoid the shooting up pee-pee from my nephew. :winkwink: Someone mentioned the Pee-Pee Tee-Pee things...? They're pretty un-necessary. When you take the old diaper off open it up for a second and then just kind of set it back on top while you get the new one ready, so if he pees on something it's the dirty diaper, instead of something clean that will need washing!

AFM, today has been an exhausting day. I had two meetings this morning to get my school stuff sorted out and my exams set for this semester. I'm not sure it's going to be humanly possible to finish everything on time. I have to write 6 short papers in 6 weeks, read over 100 books in 11 weeks, do an oral exam based on the 6 papers, then two written exams and an oral exam based on the 100+ books... all by mid April! Not to mention regular life things like working part time, preparing for baby etc. :wacko: Just the thought of it puts me into a bit of a panic. What the hell have I gotten myself into?!

Littlespy I was wrong about the section thing. I ask my aunt and she got to stay for about 4 days x

Readytomum thats a hell of a load of work to do by mid april!!

I stayed in 2 nights for my EMCS, they like you to stay in bed for 24 hours but as soon as you are up and capable after that generally you can go xx

It was variant for my 3 c-sections 3-4 days each time the longest was my first and i was there for a week.(fever and clots)

So today i had a WIC appointment at the health unit and the R.N there told me it would be better to start pumping or stimulating my breast right after i have the c-section because of the levels of oxytocin that it helps produce which pushes in the milk! I am so baffled at the level of advice and care that my DR's office has given me and his LC. I just want to slap these people!

To top my lovely day off youngest DS has been sent home sick and throwing up. What a day!! Oh well life goes on!

Sorry for everyone that isn't feeling good also!

Thankyou for all input ladies, I will be kept 3-4days here but oh will be back and forwards so can add to my bag tee Hee!! Some good suggestions thanks ladies!

Sorry to hear that you have all thy to do readytomum :(

That's interesting momma brown I've heard sometimes it takes a while fr milk to arrive...what do try do in the mean time...bottle or just wait...how does it suddenly come in? Sorry stupid questions lol!!

Oh we are in the wars at the moment ladies. Hope everyone starts feeling better soon and thinking of everyone who is having health issues right now :hugs:

AFM I am about to cause my own pain with my prenatal workout :haha: Its actually not really painful at all, and you get to sit in a chair for part of it. It always makes me feel better.

I broke down and ordered some Alvas today. I got 3 newborn and 6 one size with some bamboo inserts. And some baby legs because I couldn't resist and they were less than $3 and had a panda on them. I'm terrible :haha: So now I've got some fitteds and covers (wool and PUL), some AI2's and some pockets. Hopefully we'll be set for a while and none will be a total failure.

Okay going to get to it! Hope you survived parents night doggylover!

Ok what is WIC? I hear it a lot in forums when they talk about milk... is it like a breast feeding clinic or something?

I think in general time for breast milk to come in can vary. With Connie I woke up with massive boobies the next morning and loads of milk but with Luke it took about two or three days for my supply to come in and then it was very gradual. Im not sure about the c section milk thing x

Ben has been facing to my back all day kicking my spine and hips! It hurts so bad so Im off to get some sleep I hope he turns round during the night. Im so sore :( xx

UK Girl WIC is a govt program here in the US that is all about nutrition and they offer education and supplemental foods to women who are pregnant or have kids. There is an income requirement though and if you make too much you're not eligible for it.

https://www.fns.usda.gov/wic/

I'm not eligible because of my OH's income. I guess they think he can pay for my lactation consultant :haha: I have a nursing class coming up though, and I will probably go to a La Leche League meeting sometime closer to my due date. And I *think* there is an LC at the pediatrician's office we are thinking of using. Plus I have Little Spy to sponge info from. So I should be fine. :haha:

Hope Ben turns around! I have no idea what bub is doing in there sometimes. For the most part she doesn't cause any pain but every now and then she will jab me on my left side and I have no idea what it is she's jabbing over there, my ovary?? But it huuuuurts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->