April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Yay Kristabel me too!!! Whoo hooo!!

Gosh we have serious snow here in Wales :( luckily I have enough food in but there is no way we will be going anywhere for a while! Fx I don't get poorly or anything eeek! Not that I'm a worrier or anything ;) lol!!!

For any non uk ladies. We are not geared for this kind of weather so the country comes to a complete standstill lol even tho it happens every year !!

Hope everyone has a good day!

nimbec its bad in the south west too! We have heaps of it :D I have to say that I lived in Norway where it snowed for 5 months of the year and I am the first one to say it's only snow people!! But this is dangerous snow.
All the schools in our area are closed except my kids schools, the roads are icy and cars are crashing left right and center, I have to walk along the main road to school, so that is partly why I kept my kids home today, the other part was I got up so quickly once I realised their school was open and rushed around so much my BP was still very low so I almost fainted twice, Aaron made me stay at home so the kids are home too and Aaron is having to walk home from work 2 hours in a blizzard. lol

Benson is finally off my back bones today so I feel much more comfortable and the mould lady will be here soon!! yay!! I've just had to blitz the flat, thank goodness the kids were home to help me :p

Hope everyone has a good day and if you are in snowy areas be careful and dont go out unless you have to! :) Xx

It's crazy snow isn't it Ukgirl! I'm sure in Norway they where geared up for it and life carried in pretty unaffected but here they just do nothing which then becomes very dangerous! Grrrrr

Good idea bit takkng them to school - how stupid that its open!!!!! They will be sent home in an hour anyway! Gosh so sorry you oh has to walk that far in this horrid weather.

On a funny note I've had to clear a spot in the garden so my chuihuaua can go and pee otherwise he disappears into the snow completely lol!!

I'm a squash! :happydance:

Congrats! I was wondering when we change into a squash!:winkwink: I'm bored being the aubergine...

To all the ladies with snow intheir area, be very carefull and stay in!
We have rain storms, nothing too bad.

Morning ladies! Missed out on much last night so will have a wee catch up read later on.

No snow with us (despite being predicted 30cm overnight), just lots of sleet. That's fine though as I am at work, and stayed down with a friend last night due to late night finish, and I do not want to get snowed in down here! When i get home it can snow all it wants! And a wee snow day next week would be much appreciated!!!

I'm 30 weeks today!! :shock: I can't believe it!!!!!

haha nimbec that is funny!! poor little thing lol!

the snow in norway is dry so its not slippy, its wet and icy here and sticks in tread so it's unsafe. I remember one year in norway the snow was so deep I had to tunnel out of my front door, it was usually higher than Connie too, roughly up to my hips.

Yay congrats Doggylover! Where in the country are you?

Gosh Ukgirl that's a lot of snow!!!

Glad you survived last night Doggylover hopefully you can have a relaxing weekend now?

congrats on the ten week count down doggylover!! I can not wait to join you!! xx

Cloth diaper breakthrough: DH is totally on board, he says it is an amazing thing, for the baby and the environment, and wants us to do it! He was also cloth diapered as a child, so he has no hesitations.

I was afraid to talk to him about this matter as he is not into baby things at all, so it was such a pleasant surprise and a big relief for me! It's nice to have your partner supporting you <3

ukgirl and nimbec: stay safe with the snow!! If you have to go out be careful you don't slip!

We got some snow last night too, and although we didn't get very much it's pretty slick and nasty outside. Even though snow is very common here it's amazing how many people still get in traffic accidents etc. because they forgot that they need to be more careful!

I have a DR appointment this morning and I work at the Library this afternoon, so I'll have to head out into the snow shortly. Thankfully it's no longer still snowing, just the stuff on the ground to worry about! I'm glad I found some new snow boots that fit after my feet decided to get bigger. :dohh:

I don't think my DR has mentioned anything so far about the glucose test.... so I wonder if she'll mention it today or not. After this appointment I start going every two weeks instead of every four weeks as well. How often do you ladies see your midwives/Dr's?

Yay congrats Doggylover! Where in the country are you?

Gosh Ukgirl that's a lot of snow!!!

Glad you survived last night Doggylover hopefully you can have a relaxing weekend now?

I just about survived last night! It was hectic and I was on my feet all night so had a proper pregnant lady back ache by the end of it! We're in Northern Ireland, and we seem to have been pretty lucky this last while with the weather - no floods, little snow. But damn it...WHEN AM I GETTING A DAY OFF SCHOOL?! The adverse weather needs to kick in here and keep me at home!!

Lily that's great news about dh! I felt weird bringing it up to mine as well, as you have no idea how they will react as it's not generally something people have discussed before, but mine was like yours! Now you get to start buying - that's the fun bit!

Kirstabelle yay for buying all those diapers!! You need to take a pic when they arrive to show us which patterns you got.

Nimbec - jeepers sounds like your op was quite a showdown :wacko: but I'm glad you are feeling better. Stay inside nice and warm, out of the snow! And get you being so prepared with your packing! As the others said, I would maybe throw in a few extra bits and bobs for a longer stay for baby. But then again - what do I know as I've never done it :haha: But anything you need, dh can bring more of.

Kealz: so sorry about the GD :hugs: but I'm glad they have found it so they can keep an eye on you and bubs and make sure everything is progressing well. A lot of appointments coming up then, but hopefully the choices that are made will feel right for you, and all that matters is LO arriving safely, and you being well.

Ukgirl: sorry to hear about the rent going up :( Especially not fair when you consider the mould issue.

We are generously given a half day today because we had to work so late last night, so I am heading off home to clean my house - funsies!! I was thrilled last night though when my brother (and mum, and then SIL!) all rang to ask if I can look after my nephew tomorrow. My mum was supposed to, but she forgot and booked appointments at something else, so dh and I have him all day :mrgreen: I'm so excited because it's rare that we get him to ourselves for extended periods during the day, so we will have a lot of fun. As long as he doesn't spend the day in a strop as he has done the last few weeks :haha: So a fun day for me tomorrow, and a good chance for dh and I to practice our parenting skills out one last time before our own arrives!! (Wait until tomorrow when I come back a broken woman!)

kirstabelle -- Congrats on your squash! :happydance:

Jealous of everyone's snow. None here though we were under a "winter weather advisory" last night, it was obvious it wasn't going to happen. :haha: Has only *really* snowed here 2 of the 11 winters I've lived here, so not surprising! At least a cold front came through and it actually feels like winter this morning with temps around freezing. It's been 80*F (~27*C) for the last week! :wacko:

Thanks ladies! I know I can always rely on all of you to get excited about what size fruit/vegetable my child is :hugs: I am sure we will all be sick of being squashes quite soon :haha:

The weather has been all over the place up here. It got quite warm (not 80 though Little Spy, that is nuts!) and melted all the gross, filthy snow that had been lying around and then promptly got cold and snowed a bit again! Its -7c here right now with nippy wind. Not excited to go stand at the bus stop in that *grumble grumble* Hope the ladies with snow can stay on the couch in a nice little snow cocoon and relax this weekend. DH is off skiing this weekend, so I will be cosy on the couch with the dog and my knitting and some dvds. :cloud9:

My diapers have already shipped! I ordered them in the afternoon and by 8pm I had gotten an email saying they'd shipped. I was surprised since I had read online that they can take a long time. I might be taking pics of them before we know it. :haha: I got several girly prints, mostly minkies. Very cute.

Good news Lily about your DH supporting cloth diapering. My DH was unenthusiastic but he already knows that attempting to argue with me or convince me once I have gotten to the point I am at with CD'ing is a waste of time. And I think he knows I am right about the health and environmental benefits, and add in the fact that he won't be doing the diaper laundry anyway, and that's that- we are CD'ing. :haha:

Ready to Mum it sounds like we are the same on our care schedules. My most recent appointment was at 28 weeks (and that is when they did my GT and they didn't talk to me about the test until the appt before, so maybe they will talk to you about it this time. Maybe ask if they don't bring it up as it is such a safe test to have done and much better to know than not, plus from what I've read most women have no symptoms.) and now I start going every two weeks instead of every four weeks as I was before. I know at some point we start going every week, but not sure if that is after 37 weeks, or later. I will just show up whenever they tell me to show up!

Doggylover, yay for 30 weeks! That will be me in a week, as well. I can't believe it either. I think I won't be properly shocked until I am 35 weeks. Then I will probably start freaking out. Speaking of freaking out, I made a very brief foray into the third tri boards... and then quickly ran away when I saw not one but two threads that apparently had photos of people's mucus plugs :shock: I personally am all for making this thread a mucus-plug-photo-free zone :haha:

Happy Friday ladies!

Speaking of freaking out, I made a very brief foray into the third tri boards... and then quickly ran away when I saw not one but two threads that apparently had photos of people's mucus plugs :shock: I personally am all for making this thread a mucus-plug-photo-free zone :haha:

Can I just second that right now!!! Why would you a) take a photo of that?! And b) show it to other people?!?! Noooo! I don't even want to experience my own let alone someone else's! :sick::sick:

That's great news about your diapers though. And minky...mmmmm. So soft and snuggly!

So I made it home, as I got closer to home the weather got worse, and now I am safely wrapped up in the house, fire lit :) our pup is going nuts for the snow which is hilarious. I hope it gets really deep so he can't go properly insane!

Littlespy 80F?! That's unreal! It rarely gets to that temp here in summer, let alone the depths of winter!!

Yay for getting dh onboard with cloth diapering lily!

Good that you made it home before it got too bad doggylover. It was a blizzard down here for most of the day. Im so glad I didnt take my two to school.

The lady came about the mould and said they want to wash all the walls with special industrial mould killer and repaint the walls with mould resistant emulsion and that we had been doing an amazing job to keep it at bay so hoping my landlady sorts that out asap!

This may sound gross but I dont really care about looking at mucus plugs and stuff like that. I guess in nursing you have to have a cast iron stomach. I watch surgeries and enjoy it so that sort of thing doesnt bother me. I personally will not be putting up a picture of my mucus plug though!

Benson is being so good today. I cant believe I could feel him kicking in my lower back last night it was so painful. I think he has turned head down now now facing inwards because I cant feel his kicks only his wiggles lol. This pregnancy by far has been the worst one of the three. so glad its almost over... i keep fantasizing about squishing and kissing him! After a bath obviously lol x

At first when I read "I keep fantasising about squishing him" I was a bit :shock: but then I read the rest of the sentence :rofl: I am the same - I get so excited about the thought of squeezing this little munchkin and snuggling them right up!!!

Eugh, I could never be in the medical profession - all that stuff really doesn't go down well with me! I don't know how you are able to do it!

Now I'm worried that the snow will mean my brother and SIL cancel their day away tomorrow and I don't get to look after my nephew. I will be so cross! :brat: and the no doubt all the snow melts so I don't even get a snow day on Monday :growlmad:

Hahahahhaa sorry I see how that looks bad! I have seen his cute littlee nose on my scans I cant wait to kiss it! Im getting to the point where having a baby in our house is becoming more real its exciting!

How old is your nephew? I am ok with mucus and blood but vomit.... no just cant do it!! Then I dont know how you can stand to teach a load of teenagers everyday! Lol xxx

Sometimes I don't know how I teach them either :haha:

My nephew is 19 months and he is just my favourite thing in the whole world! I could kiss that child all day long and not get tired of it (although his incessant "no no no no!" Might get a bit wearing haha!) we see him at least twice a week, but always with the whole family, so it's nice when we get to spend some time alone with him. I can't what until my LO is here because then I get to spend ALL my time with them :mrgreen:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->