April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Candy congrats on getting the BOOK!! lol xx

Cherry: I'm too lazy to get out of bed and go to the sofa :haha: I just lived with the terror of bed collapse instead!

Candy: :happydance: for the book! And you are an experienced mother, so that should be recognised and celebrated! Did she seriously ask how many bedrooms you have?! Maybe she saw the for sale sign and is thinking of buying it :haha:

Hmmm I guess I don't get anyone coming out to see me before the birth, I think our first visit is the day after you get home from hospital.

Kealz: the midwife seriously said I didn't mean to do that?! Glad to know they are careful when they are poking about up in there! :shock:

My snuza go arrived this morning :mrgreen: very happy with it, and I know it'll make me feel so much better when LO is snoozing in the Moses basket or at my parents.

Okay Doggy Lover, now that you have broken your bed I am finally convinced you are having a half-reared child of epic proportions :haha:

Kealz, do you mean last time your were in labor your mw accidentally broke your waters or they are broken now??

Congrats Vicyi! Can't wait to see Baby Eliza! And what a relief that Harrison is coming out of the incubator soon. So glad our three babies are doing so well!

Sweetpea that pic is adorable, love her little hairdo and wee pj's :cloud9: I agree with Doggy Lover that if she were mine I would just get nothing done and stare at her constantly and never be able to put her down! How is your DS doing with the new baby?

I can't believe how much chatting is on here just from this morning! We are going to be at 2000 pages before all the babies are even here!

AFM - We put the car seat in the car last night and DH is getting it checked by the local police today. We put the co-sleeper up on the weekend. Hospital bags are mostly packed. A couple of things to put on the wall in the nursery. All the baby laundry and diapers are done. Going to one more pediatrician appt this afternoon and then we will decide on the pediatrician after that. We really are pretty much ready to have a baby!

Oh yeah, and officially a watermelon today :happydance: No more fruit left, just a baby after this!

Lol no no last pregnancy, not this one! Gosh! I'm not letting anyone near me this time till I am in hospital an have had lots of antibiotics as I have gbs lol!!!! Wow sounds like you are definatly ready for that baby of yours to come along! I'm not. I quickly packed up my hospital bag last night when I was having all those pains and gonna sort out James bag tomorrow/Saturday! All his washing is done. Started to put it in the cupboards today and re arrange all of Paige's bits too to fit it all! Though I've got all 3-6+month bits in storage boxes under my bed so it doesn't take up space in their room! But I still don't feel ready for this baby!!! Lol

But Kealz you know what you'll need and when as you are an experienced mummy, us FTM panic and do everything like maniacs! :haha:

Kirstabelle: in my defence it was when dh rolled over that the bed ka-boomed! But that said it has only started having structural difficulties after I got pregnant...:cry: :haha:
That's a great idea about gettig your car seat checked- I never would have thought of that :thumbup:
Yay for being a watermelon! How terrifying though- watermelons are MASSIVE! How can our babies be like that?!

lol doggylover she can have this place for free!! She asked us if we rented privately too and if we planned to upgrade.. :/ seriously it was like no stone was left unturned!

I love my little red book... I have it right next to me haha.. I also found out in may there is a baby massage class in my area!! :D I'm signing up for that, I done it with my kids but a refreshers course could be good for me and baby to get out and meet other mummies.
I know after having a baby the last thing you want to do is go anywhere, but it really does help with the hormones lol, it's easy to get into a rut after having a baby. I like to rip off the band aid and go to all the groups lol.. LO wont appreciate any of it of course but I like to natter with the other mums about terrible birthing experiences, plus you can meet walking buddies which is nice.

I was going to say re:waters, kealz that was funny that your midwife accidently broke yours hahaha!! They broke mine with Connie as I was pushing as she got stuck.. fat baby! With Lucas I got up in the night to pee, eat chocolate and drink as much milk as possible then went back to bed and felt a small gush, I thought I had wet myself.. I was cursing having to get back up and clean up but it didn't stop.. I was laying there next to Connie like... uhhhmmmm... uhmmmm... shit! lol Had to waddle to the front door with a bath towel between my legs to open the door for my friend who took Connie and my other friend stayed with me. I thought after your waters go it's minutes and whoosh the baby is out.. so I sat on the sofa on a mountain of towels shaking like a leaf from shock... 3 days later he come out!! bloody men!! Always late!!

I was surprised at how much negative feedback was given about co-sleeping by the health visitor, I co-slept with both of mine and found it more natural than to sleep apart.

oh... my hoofs are back!! lol only this time I'm too sick to go to the pool :( I shall be trying the bath salt soak soon. I wonder if ordinary salt works?

Kristabelle omg you are so organised!! Congrats on being a water melon!! You are offically ready to go!! yayayay!! I need to wash all the baby clothes yet and the dipers.

My hospital bag is packed and ready apart from bras.. I need to go for measuring again and buy some. But the sports bras in Sainsburys have been so comfortable I might just buy a size up of them and use them. Ok so they don't clip down but I can just wap my boob out the top or bottom lol.. it'll work :p

are you feeling better now Kealz? I saw you were feeling a bit sick earlier? xxx

Lol no no last pregnancy, not this one! Gosh! I'm not letting anyone near me this time till I am in hospital an have had lots of antibiotics as I have gbs lol!!!! Wow sounds like you are definatly ready for that baby of yours to come along! I'm not. I quickly packed up my hospital bag last night when I was having all those pains and gonna sort out James bag tomorrow/Saturday! All his washing is done. Started to put it in the cupboards today and re arrange all of Paige's bits too to fit it all! Though I've got all 3-6+month bits in storage boxes under my bed so it doesn't take up space in their room! But I still don't feel ready for this baby!!! Lol

Urrghhhh im SO ready for this baby! lol Have felt like crap today,have just about had enough!

Doggy, so impressed you broke your bed! lol Now that clearly wasnt down to DTD!

Candy, yay for the red book! I think we get ours in hospital if i remember rightly.

Viyki, congratulations on baby Eliza! lovely name and glad you are both doing well!

Sweetpea, love the pic of Scarlett!! So gorgeous

Steph, yeah i agree, wait till OH experiances labour, that will put him off lol, i doubt most men could do it for a week let alone 9 months!

Sorry to anyone ive forgotten. Quiet day here, Everything pretty much done to prepare for our new arrival, just need to pick up a couple more pram sheets.
Am so excited as my growth scan and consultant app is in the morning and i get to find out my babies birthday!!! Im really hoping for next week but its more likely going to be the following week. It all depends on what my BP and protein decide to do i guess.
A further update from Nimbec.. She says that Harrison is going under lights for a bit of jaundice then will be out of incubator! yay!

yaaaayyy for Harrison!! he's a tough little guy!!

OOOH melissa!! Please be next so we can ooo and aaaaa over your baby! Tell your doctor you have a group of hormonal women behind you if he doesn't induce next week! :p

Thanks Sarah! Lol even as experienced mummy I'm still nervous and forgetful too, but I know once he is here it will all come flooding back !!! I'm jut used to a toddler now haha!
Thanks candy, I still feel a bit funny, not really sure why... I feel weak and light headed and sicky... Maybe a good hearty meal will help!
Glad you got your red book and all went well with the health visitor! They are rather nosey! Lol!
Aww Melissa sorry your feeling so rubbish! Hope they give you a date your happy with so your not suffering any more! Exciting that you could possibly be our next mummy!!!!!!!
Haha Sarah your poor bed, lol only 2years old.... Oh my! ;) lol our bed was my mums old frame it's like 8 years old but it's massive and sturdy! Gonna take some serious baby making to break it hehe ;) x

Just popping on from my phone really quick...
Candy, I don't think regular salt is the same. Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate (they say its similar to table salt but not the same). It's super cheap to buy and you will need 1/2 cup for a foot bath.

yaaaayyy for Harrison!! he's a tough little guy!!

OOOH melissa!! Please be next so we can ooo and aaaaa over your baby! Tell your doctor you have a group of hormonal women behind you if he doesn't induce next week! :p

I so want to be next! lol

I went to loads of groups when H was a newborn and as a result i have a lovely group of mummy friends now all with LOs the same/similar age so i really recomend too.
I also use netmums which is also great for local meet ups in your own area

thank you Steph :( awwww I don't have any Epsom salts at home :(

Melissa I also use netmums, they are good for recommending play groups in my area too xxxx

Candy I'm a little surprised your hv was so against co-sleeping, but I think a lot of people still have a really negative association with it, including professionals. We plan to have LO in our room, but not bed share as it doesn't feel right for us, but I think it's actually (as you said) more natural than having them apart. I am putting our crib right beside me though so I can reach out and touch LO at any point, so hopefully a compromise . Boooo for your hooves!!
I found out on Sunday our church has a mums and tots which is great as its only a 2 minute walk from the house. I definitely plan to get out as much as possible. Luckily, my dad is off with my nephew one day a week, and my SIL two days a week, so I will have plenty of company to choose from, even if its just popping up to the house (my mum and dads) for a few hours, so I'm very lucky. I don't want to get stuck in a rut like you mentioned.

Melissa: :haha: now I'm thinking we are lucky that we haven't been dtd in months, the bed could have collapsed and put us through the ceiling!! Good luck tomorrow morning, fingers crossed that LO will be joining us next week! Our first team yellow baby (of 2!) so I am extra excited to find out what gender you are baking!

Kealz: definitely not broken the bed due to an over active sex life that's for sure :rofl: we bought it from Argos, and although it wasn't cheap, we obviously overestimated the quality of Argos stuff! It was a metal frame, so I think we will go wooden this time for a bit more...support?!

:haha: this makes it sound like Simon and I get up to acrobatics in our bed- nothing could be further from the truth! The most athletic thing ever done in it is me sticking my legs up int the air after we dtd when we were ttc! It's probably the weight of the damn dog jumping on it!

:happydance: for Harrison being out of his incubator! What a little trooper he is! Melissa pass on our continued love to nimbec.

I have, perhaps stupidly, decided to make my way through this series of obem on 4od as I think I need a reality check on what labour is like. Luckily, the one I'm currently watching one of the girls looks like she isn't in any pain at all. She is my role model!

doggylover I don't know if you remember I told you about a lady who was off her head on drugs a few months ago and rolled onto her baby as they co-slept and killed him. I think that is why the HV in my area is so worried. I was alone when I co-slept with my 2 I had both of them in my bed! I was aware that they were there so I slept very carefully. Aaron goes to work at 5am during the week and the kids will usually come and sneak in after he leaves for cuddles. I do love it. Obviously I don't think it'll work for much longer now Connie is almost 7!! But I had no issues getting them to sleep in their own beds when the time came.
It's good that you will have plenty of choice of company after LO is born. If any of you get stuck in a rut I'll kick butts lol..
I missed out on part of the conversation on your bed breaking!! Omg and you call me and Aaron bad ;) hehehe. I also done the whole legs up routine when I was TTC lol!!

Oh yes, really sets a lovely tone! Ahh making babies and pregnancy are so glamorous!

Candy, the bed broke while we were very much asleep!! Nothing else!

Sarah... Well I would have expected Candy to have some material malfunctioning on her bed... Not you :haha:. Now thinking about it.. Candy, you really do make all of us look bad... You have been suffering with all sorts of things over the past few months and you are still this active! :thumbup:
I am going to step it up this weekend (not only because I'm hoping to beat Kristabelle :haha:)! We have DTD at least 1 time every weekend when he's home (which is only every other one :rofl:) ... But I'm going to get busy this weekend!! 3 cups of RLT today ... I'm ready for LO to get here :haha:
37 weeks today :happydance:

Candy, I would feel so awkward about someone coming to my house to "check" I everything was ready for the baby :shrug:
I don't know how you ladies do it!

Melissa, so excited to see that you might be next!!! Let us know how your appointment goes tomorrow !

Oh... And Maybesoon has not accepted my friend request yet :cry:

Had a horrible dream last night, that someone came on here under her screen name, trying to explain that something happened... But what they wrote made no sense !! I was so frustrated this morning when I woke up! My stupid dreams are back to being all whacked out... Like they were first trimester! :growlmad:

hey ladies just wee update from me.. had mild like period cramps most of today. bit annoying now lol but hey ho giving myself little rock to ease the pain xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->