April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Gosh candy that is awful :( such a freak thing to happen I imagine but the fact is anything CAN happen and you sometimes don't even know how's my things can go wrong. I never knew that a stroke was a risk. Funny my brother and I were talking about stroke at the weekend and he said some people he had seen in A&e their only symptom has been a finger going numb, which isn't something you would rush to hospital for, but can end up so serious :/
Also I was just thinking last week how things were going with Connie's school- that teacher is MEAN. who says that to a class of 6 yr olds?!

Jenny,cherry and momma brown- glad to know I'm not the only one whose body wants to sleep on the back. I heard it can lead to still birth (not sure how true that is?) hence my sheer terror about it.

:haha: at the things Lucas and Landon have said! I can't wait until my lo can say stupid, amusing things!!!!!!!!

Oh and candy- I think it is you who needs the cold showers :winkwink: but honestly I think it's great that you and Aaron are still flying that flag for us all! All the other oh's on here have been denied for months (in my case!) so somebody should be enjoying themselves!

Lol candy I don't know how you do it!!!! Me and Stephen haven't Dtd since I got a positive on the pregnancy test!!!!!!! My poor oh, but to be fair, it was the same with Paige aswel! Infact, I made him wait till Paige was almost 8 months old!!!! I just completely lost my sex drive!!!! Well I was having awful pains!!!! Felt like ad cramps mixed with needing a poo, and back pain, I was in agony and was seriously considering calling the hospital! Then I finally went to the toilet, and had diarrhoea (sorry tmi) and pains seems to be ebbing off now! Anyway I'm going to catch up properly tomorrow! Think I'm gonna get an early night see if these pains go altogether! Xxx night xxx

So I read through all the pages, and I've forgotten half of what I read. :wacko: You ladies are chatty today!!

ukgirl: That's insane about Connie's teacher! What a ridiculous thing to say to 6 year olds. Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to move schools afterall if you needed to find a house farther away! Good luck on the search and I hope you find something that's just what you're looking for.

Re: those who wake up sleeping on their backs... I end up sleeping on my back half of the night I think. But I have a body pillow that runs the length of my bed, so when I'm lying on my back I'm not really lying flat, my right side is propped up a bit on the pillow. I try to sleep on my left, but with the carpel tunnel I keep waking up because my arms/hands are knumb. I've been sleeping with the wrist splint on though and it's been helping a lot!!

Day two of nephew time has gone well! We have a super cute video of him chasing the cat around trying to kiss him. He's also discovered the cats food and water dish and wants to drink out of the dish. He sticks his finger in and then licks his finger :haha: Hadrian looked all depressed pushing his food around in his dish, upset that someone else was messing with it. lol Poor guy.

I turned in the heartmonitor this morning and I imagine I'll hear back about the blood test, ECG and monitor at my regular Dr. appointment on Friday.

Today the student union is celebrating St. Patrick's Day, and I just had a bowl of AMAZING Irish Stew.... OMG. It was so yummy. I filled up a tupperware to take some home too. :haha:

Also, although I'm sure most people don't care at all, we have a new Pope!!

Kealz I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has been less than active in the bedroom department! We have dtd maybe 4 times since I got my bfp! And I can't imagine that we will be anytime in the near future!!

Readytomum: I was thinking of you and Sam today as I was also having nephew time and its just the best :cloud9: I'm glad you are having fun with him, and I hope he is getting you and dh ready for when Peter arrives!
I have a freezer full of stew (I guess Irish- but we don't put that it in here :haha:) and if yours is as yummy then I hope it's a big Tupperware you took!
:thumbup: for new pope- a super quick decision!

I think DH and I have DTD twice since we got our BFP. :blush: I bet somedays he regrets that whole decision. lol

I don't know if it's as tasty as your doggylover, but it was made by some Irish ex-pats with some tasty soda bread to boot. Either way, it's one less meal I need to make now because of my little doggy bag. hehe

Just to clarify I didn't make mine :haha: we got the cafe we own to make us a batch for freezing and its so tasty! And with soda bread = yum!!

So the College that I study and work at is called Regis College, and it's run by the Jesuits. (A religious order in the Catholic Church that's committed to higher education) The new Pope who has just been elected, Francis I, is a Jesuit, and it's the first time a Jesuit has ever been Pope. So this place is INSANE right now. There have been TV crews coming and going and people calling for interviews, and a huge party going on in the student lounge (which started out as the St. Paddy's Day party) At least work isn't boring tonight! :haha:

Phew! Okay, I am going to try to remember as many of the things I thought as I was reading as possible.

Dan-o and Melissa - So sorry to hear you ladies are still suffering with nausea and throwing up. You are both so upbeat and good natured about it, I would be a moany wreck! Good job mamas! And love that your LO is such a good nurse trying to give you kisses while you hurl Melissa :haha: Melissa did they give you your section date? Did I somehow miss that in the thread maybe?

The stuffed up nose thing - I have had that all pregnancy too. I read that its because your body needs to produce more cervical mucus to protect LO and it can't make mucus in only one part of the body, so it makes it in all of them. So we end up with bonus mucus plugs up our noses. Score!

UK Girl - omg I hate Connie's teacher! Its not a Broadway show! That woman has some serious issues putting that kind of unnecessary pressure on little kids like that. I always think the mistakes in school plays are really cute! And how ridiculous about the "For Sale" sign! If you are at the point of having a metal sign drilled into the wall you have probably had this plan for quite some time. Plenty of time to tell the people who live there!

Momma Brown - I was reading through the posts and was just thinking "where is Momma Brown?" and then your post was next! Glad you are back, and hope you don't have contractions all the way until the 9th! That is too much!

Amusing kid quotes - my fave one was from a kid I used to babysit for (whose name was also Lucas coincidentally) who was about 2 at the time. There was a fly trapped in the house with us flying around and Lucas said he wanted to catch the fly and pet it and I told him the fly probably wouldn't like being petted. To which Lucas of course asked "why?" and I told him "because flies just like to fly". And he goes quiet for a few seconds, and you can see the cogs turning in his mind and he tells me "yeah, flies like to fly, and bumble bees like to bumble" :haha: :haha: The really come up with the best things. You couldn't even make this stuff up as a grown up.

Sweetpea- So glad Scarlett's numbers are coming down, and you are an absolute champ with your crazy BF'ing!

AFM- had my 37 week MW appt. I tested positive for GBS which I know is not a huge deal. I will only be disappointed if my waters go before I start contractions as then I have to go to hospital straight away to be put on antibiotics. And then if contractions don't start soon after they will want to induce. But she said only 15% of women have their waters break first, so hopefully I will be among the other 85%. I have also been having loads of lower back and hip pain recently which she says is because baby is shifting down into my pelvis. She suggested finding a chiropractor as usually that is covered by insurance, so going to look into that. I feel like an old hag shuffling and waddling about :( And its really not fair because not only do I have a head down in my pelvis destroying my hips but somehow her wild little feet are still in my rib cage jabbing me and stealing all my oxygen- can't win! Which brings me to my official announcement that I am actually going to be next to pop... the power of positive thinking! I'm considering adopting my stupid "official" hospital due date of April 2, even. :haha: I'm telling you, we're doing this. DTD TTC style is beginning again. I am taking my EPO tonight for the first time and already got the RRL tea going, which I might drink while on the birthing ball. :haha: Its on!!

And that made me laugh Doggy Lover, you and your stew that is Irish, but not called that :haha: Its like how all the food in China is, technically, Chinese food, even if its and apple :haha:

That reminds me that I forgot to say, how ridiculous about your ever-changing due date. I am like you and would just believe the professional telling me what my due date was. Like you are supposed to be an expert in hospital chain of command and whose opinion is more official :shrug:

Challenge accepted Kristabelle :rofl:. I started my RLT today and will increase the dose daily, until I reach 4 cups a day lol. Unfortunately OH is only home every other weekend (so you'll have an advantage), but he's been warned :haha:! My official due date is the 4th... But I want to have this baby on the 28th lol.

ReadytoMum, poor little kitty lol... I wouldn't be happy about a baby stirring about my food bowl either!! Let us know what the doctor says about your results!

Kealz, so glad that you figured out what was causing your pain and were able to resolve it! As weird as it sounds... I'm always rather pleased after such events, because I feel like my system has been cleared out :blush:

So... I feel like we are not seeing nearly enough baby pictures!!!!!!! Since Nimbec is still under hospital protection, SweetPea you will have to indulge us :happydance:... Please please please post some more pictures :flower:

Hi ladies! This is the second time I've written this post as my stupid phone wouldn't work the first time :( sooo, had Riley's appointment this morning and things look pretty good. He needs a hearing check done on the 9th April and is starting speech therapy but doctor doesn't think we need to worry about autism at this point. We have to go back in three months to discuss everything but I'm soooo relieved!! Hope the rest of you lovely ladies are doing well. Will catch up on all the posts tonight when I get on my computer xx

That's great news Kristy!! Hope he does well at his hearing test and with his speech therapy.

Steph, maybe we can somehow goad our babies into competition with each other to be the next one born. Ask Grayson if he really wants to get beaten by a girl?! :haha:

35 weeks today! I can't believe I'm getting closer to D Day lol!

My midwife has me on a strict regime of exercises and breaths, funniest of all the one I have to hold my breath for 1 min with my legs in the air in the position one gives birth. I can manage 2-3 breaths now, but will get it down to 1 I hope. DH has to keep time lol. It's like training for diving.

:hi: just to let you know baby Eliza was born on tues morning at 6.14am <3

Kristy that is great news! So pleased for you :hugs:

Vic CONGRATS!! Love the name. You must show us some pics when you have a moment so we can ooh and aah!

Steph here is one :D straight out of a bath so her hair is all fuzzed out!

Attachments

• E44164F0-211C-4B61-A6C0-386B14ECCF11-330-000001E1342DB4C0.jpg
    E44164F0-211C-4B61-A6C0-386B14ECCF11-330-000001E1342DB4C0.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 5
:hi: just to let you know baby Eliza was born on tues morning at 6.14am <3

Vic many many congrats on your little darling Eliza!!!:happydance: So happy for you! We want pics!!!

kirstyrich - glad that they are checking his speech and hearing first! My little boy was in speech therapy for 3 years, he only has a few things to correct now and he is done. But when he couldn't talk properly he used to get really frustrated and play up because he couldn't express what he wanted properly. As soon as his speech improved he become a completely different child. He kind of isolated himself a bit wen he couldn't talk too and I think that could be one of the symptoms of autism, I was worried for him when he was little but he's great now. I hope it's just a hearing and speech issue for your little man xxx

Vicyi- CONGRATULATIONS!!!! do you have some pictures we can ooh and ahhhh over? xxx how are you both doing? xxx

Sweetpea!! Loving the fuzzy hair haha, she is gorgeous! xxx

lily - yay for 35 weeks!! :D xxx

So I could be next... having contractions every 2 mins for 10-20 seconds, been told to take paracetamol and wait and hour and if they havent stopped I have to go to delivery :/ I really dont want to go because I'm still not well, apparently being ill doesn't affect BHs, mine are getting crampy in my back, I've told Benson he has to stay in for at least 1 more week so we make it full term! I had a feeling I would go early though. I just dont want to be in labour with a throat infection and a cold :(

Hopefully they ease off though, the health visitor is coming at 2pm so I need to go clean up. Feeling poo :( hope you all have a lovely day xx

Candy hugs!!! Hope you feel better and let us know how those contractions are going. Hang in the little Benson, stay put for a week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->