April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

yay cherrybump!! Im 36 weeks today!! Happy full term day to you!! xxx

well they do exist because I had my GBS test in Norway when I went into assessment before delivery suit and got my results back within the hour. I think it depends on if your hospital has the labs to process that test or not.
Usually if you test negative it's not really necessary to retest for 5 more weeks but yeh it can still change.

My OB said they aren't accurate enough to rely on routinely. :thumbup:

well you also said your OB stated that they dont exist so which one is it? Besides I would say that the results of that test are reliable no matter if you get the results on site or not... Personally I think its more reliable if you are tested a day or hours before birth rather that 5 weeks before birth... its not really very important to debate that though but personally I had the test because my waters went 3 days before my son was born and we were tested regularly for 3 days afterwards in ICU.. I dont know the american system but in Norway their hospitals usually have on site testing and can give you results rather rapidly :)

Hey everyone :)

Well as we thought - she perked up!! Nice little trace of her heartbeat! Need to go back on Tuesday for another monitor just as a precaution but she seems very happy - even though she is now transverse!! Will be bouncing on the ball tonight and long walk tomorrow to try and get her head down!

Ive just got off the phone with a lovely midwife who is currently speaking on my behalf to the supervisor of midwives. As Lexi was measuring small ive been told I cannot give birth at the birth centre I wanted - ive now found out this isnt the case, I can, however I need to be aware of possible situations that could go wrong. Ive decided ill have her in the hospital now anyway - just in case - but if im able to labour in the pool this will make me happy as it was an amazing pain relief when I had my daughter so theyre working together a plan of action - so fingers crossed!!

Hope everyone is good - not long now ladies!!!! xxxxxxxxx

so glad to hear all went well stmw... also good that she is no longer breech hopefully she'll turn the rest of the way soon.. great that you can have her in the suit too!! yaaaayy looks all positive now hun xxxx

Happy 37 weeks cherrybump!!

stmw: glad everything went well at the appointment and that the midwives are working on your behalf to try and set up the hospital delivery as much to your preferences as possible. That will definitely make it an easier transition from your original hopes of the birthing center!

AFM, DH had has 5KM race this morning which we followed with a tasty brunch. Then I came home and had a nice loooong nap! I'm still trying to get caught up on sleep from this past week, and it was such a nice nap. lol Now I need to kick my self into gear and get this last paper finished... it was supposed to be done last week, but with medical issues and family visiting it just didn't happen. So fingers crossed for me that I can get it done today!

Readytomum: just wanted to let you know after you mentioned the Toronto PATH system I googled it and its so interesting that you guys have that! Very cool. Is it true on some Canadian cities they have roads under ground too for when the weather gets really bad? (How much of a loser does this post make me seem?!)

Stmw: glad that Lexi was just being a naughty minx! Also great that your mw is championing what you want for your birth! What a positive story to hear when usually we just hear bad stuff. Fingers crossed you will still get the birth pool, and being in the hospital will only then make a difference if Lexi needs any help.

Afm: nothing new :haha: still pregnant and waiting... And getting more and more impatient as I feel like this baby is never going to come!!!

good luck on finishing your paper today readytomum.. and well done to your oh for running 5km this am xxx

doggylover that baby of yours is too comfy haha.. you need to poke it out or something!

well it appears Im loosing my mucus plug.. Ive had an upset tummy yesterday and today and been off food and had some pretty intense BHs so Im hoping to make it to the end of this week so I will be at least full term..
However the plug could be because of my upset tummy caused by the illness Im recovering from now which could also cause theBHs... Ive got a feeling that my little man is going to be like his dad... he'll act ready to go then decide he's forgotten something and get out late!! ha.. boys!!

hope everyone has had a nice weekend xxxx

:rofl: "decide he's forgotten something"!! Makes it sound like benson is in there packing up all his bits and bibs, he'll get half way down the birth canal and realise he forgot his favourite cd and have to go back!! :haha: fingers crossed he will stay in for a week or two more yet, just to be on the safe side. Sorry you aren't feeling so great today :hugs: my tummy hasn't been so great either today.

And trust me, I poke this baby lots (Simon shouts at me for doing it too hard!!) and I yell "get out you *******!" At regular intervals :haha: it's definitely an awkward buggar....like my whole family! :rofl:

Readytomum: just wanted to let you know after you mentioned the Toronto PATH system I googled it and its so interesting that you guys have that! Very cool. Is it true on some Canadian cities they have roads under ground too for when the weather gets really bad? (How much of a loser does this post make me seem?!)

The PATH system is pretty cool, but it's also INCREDIBLY confusing. I get lost everytime I use it, so I generally prefer to walk outside above ground! :haha: It is nice for when the weather is really horrible though, and some condos are actually built ontop of the PATH system, so the people who live there can do all their shopping underground and never have to leave. It's like a society of mole people. :rofl: (I'm so not a downtown lifestyler!)

I have no idea actually about the underground roads, but I've personally never seen them or heard of them. :shrug: I know that in some provinces where it gets REALLY cold (like Alberta) they have parking garages with electrical outlets for each parking spot so you can plug a heater in for your car engine so it doesn't freeze solid on you.

Maybe I've gotten confused with underground roads and the PATH system, maybe I've heard about it vaguely in the past rather than actual roads (although I am disappointed :haha:)

I can imagine its super handy for when its cold, but then I don't know how I would feel about not getting too much fresh air and sunlight (if there is any in winter!) so I think like you I'd pop between the two. Even reading about it I did gets little confused, but when I told dh all about it we decided Canada is definitely our next big holiday!

Toronto is definitely an exciting place to visit... but please don't judge all Canadians based on the people here! :haha: If you're going to come to Canada you need to visit the East Coast as well. Tour around Cape Breton in Nova Scotia, or visit the Anne of Green Gables stuff in Prince Edward Island. Or go West if you like mountains and check out Vancouver in British Columbia. Everywhere else in Canada basically hates Toronto, especially the rest of Ontario. lol

The trouble with coming here to visit is that it's so damn big! I haven't even seen most of the country myself and I live here. One day I hope to visit every single province and territority though. I read the other day that you can fit the geographical area of France within Canada's borders 14 times! That seems insane...

hahahaha I am a Canadian living in England. I agree Toronto is a pretty cool place but not what the rest of us want to be judged on! hahaha.

Well, its my first day of maternity leave! Yippppee! I have however, not just got Cam but a poorly husband!

Oh i forgot to add to my last update that I am anaemic so my iron dose has been increased!

I had a lovely day yesterday and was thrown a surprise baby shower! It was soooooooo good. I've added some pics. Ive also added some pics of the owls I have been waiting for to add to the nursery.

xx

Attachments

• gifts.jpg
    gifts.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 9
  • cake.jpg
    cake.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 10
  • opening presents.jpg
    opening presents.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 9
  • owls.jpg
    owls.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 9
wow TeAmo your shower looks lovely!! I love the cake and the owl theme so cute! Sorry to hear your family are ill at the moment, there's so much going around with this freakishly warm then cold weather!

Canada sounds lovely! My nan went there a few years ago and said the wildlife was amazing. They saw some bear cubs or something lol. It does look like the perfect place though with all the lakes and mountains! :)

Afm.. Aaron's in a mood with me because I wont have sex with him, he took his grumpy bum to the sofa last night haha! I'm too big to care at the moment :p Hope you all have a lovely monday xxxx

Candy get Aaron on here so we can tell him how lucky he is to have been getting some all this time!!!

TeAmo, I absolutely LOVE those owls! They are gorgeous. I am big into owls at the minute lol! Glad you had a great baby shower :) but not great that your first day of mat leave is taking care of a sick dh!

Readytomum, yeah definitely Canada's size is a major issue for visiting! We would love to do it ALL, but that's just not practical, so I think we'll probably do east coast at some point, then go west on a second visit (many years later no doubt!) doesn't surprise me that you can fit France in so many times...your country is flipping massive!

Oh ps, even thought it won't happen, as of today I can officially say....

MY BABY IS DUE NEXT WEEK!!!

Wow the time has gone so fast hasnt it lol. I think ill get to my due date still before she shows. If she hasnt come before my 39 week app im having a sweep done lol. But im hoping maybe in the next week or so she decided ok its time lol.

Ukgirl im with dogg or the sex thing lol no way could i ever have sex at this stage lol i seen a post saying she was using a vibrator also to help have a orgasm to relax that hormone lol she was having sex to. cant mind were i read this. But thie though of it puts me right off. as much as i wanna meet paige lol xx

STMV, glad to hear that lexi is doing well!! :thumbup: I had to have the same check up a few weeks ago, because Grayson was not active enough :dohh:. Everything turned out fine and I got the chance to see him on two more US :happydance:.

ReadytoMum, I have never heard of the Path systems in Canada! The adventurer in me, thinks that is so amazing! Of course I am envisioning cobble stone paths, only lit through candle lanterns... people quietly passing through :haha:

Sarah, next week already?????? OMG I cant believe it!! I am so jealous that you can say that :growlmad:.

Candy, I hope you are feeling a bit better today :hugs:. Kepp little Bens in there for just a little longer! oh and Sarah is right, tell Aaron to be happy, that he has been getting lucky all this time :haha:.

AFM, I had a busy weekend. Rob and I wished most of the nursery things. He will hang the curtains and pictures today, while I am at work. Tonight, I should be able to post a final picture of the nursery :happydance:
I have walked around tons, had sex, eaten TONS of chocolate (wish has made me very happy) and still no labor :coffee:. Stupid baby is just too comfy! :haha: I have my weekly doctors appointment today, so we will see if there has been any progression since last week. Part of me is wishing that I am dilated more and the other parts hopes that its still at 1cm :shrug:. I have my job Interview tomorrow and this appointment today will decide wether I should go or not. Either way, Rob will drive...so even if contractions start, I should be able to get the 4.5 hour drive home and deliver here lol.

Steph fingers crossed that you will be able to go to the interview tomorrow, but it would be just the sort of time you would go into labour! I can see it now... You're in front of them mid question and pop! Water explosion!!

Cherry, I have a sweep booked for 41 weeks at the hospital, but I'm hoping my mw will do one earlier than that!!

Afm, dh and I have still not decided on a boys name!! And since he, and everyone else, is convinced LO is a boy, we could be in difficulty! Suggestions welcome!

I wish i was check for dilation :( but nope. She just feels around my belly checks blood pressure. heartbeart the normal stuff lol. oh wells doesnt look like paige will be here anytime soon lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->