April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

It's ok cherry, my LO isn't in a rush either so we can just wait it out together!! It's annoying though...

Cherry, I don't think I would normally have cared either (about the internal exam), but now that they have done it once, I won't to know the progress every week lol.

Sarah, didn't you guys have a couple of names that you were throwing around?

ReadytoMum, I have never heard of the Path systems in Canada! The adventurer in me, thinks that is so amazing! Of course I am envisioning cobble stone paths, only lit through candle lanterns... people quietly passing through :haha:

Now THAT would be awesome! I would use the PATH system all the time if it was like that. :haha: When I was a kid I used to want to be a monk. (not a nun, a medieval monk) I wanted to wear a hood and walk around in ancient stone churches chanting all day. I guess it's no surprise I became a medieval historian? lol

Sadly they are very brightly lit, and look like strip malls with food courts and everything in them. And often there are more people shoving about down there than on the street level!

If you make it to your interview tomorrow, good luck Steph!! I hope it all goes well for you. And I can't wait to see a nursery pic!

TeAmo: Those owls are suuuuper cute!! I'm sure LO will love them!

doggylover: We had the opposite problem, we couldn't decide on a girls name! But we do have a back-up girls name chosen just in case Peter is not a Peter. lol It's so exciting that everyone is starting to get so close to the finish line!! I'm slightly nervous that I'll end up going into labour while writing my exams... but that would be two weeks early, and it doesn't seem very likely, but I still can't help worrying about it!

ukgirl: We do have lots of awesome wildlife. Sadly some of it I've never seen besides at the zoo. One day I would love to see a real Moose actually out in the bush. I've seen lots of deer in the wild, but never a moose. :nope: And I'm not sure I'd want to meet a bear cub... because where there's a bear cub there's a mama bear, and I certainly don't want to meet her! lol

Oh boy ReadytoMum, I could see the fascination of being a munk!!! :thumbup:
Very disappointed to hear about the commercialized paths but I suppose it makes more sense that way lol. I can def see the benefit in having them!!
Every time I have had a scan, I had them confirm that Grayson was still a boy :haha:... The doctor assured me, that the sex of the baby does NOT change at this stage in the game :rofl:
... But... Just in case... We also still have a girls name lol

urgh help meeeee Im in so much pain!!! having contractions every 4 minutes lasting 40 seconds.... omg it hurts :(

Aaon took me to Lush this morning... my favorite bath shop!! I got a twillight bomb out of him as a sorry for being a moody penis head gift :D
A guy in there was telling me about one of the bombs they have that can induce labour!!! it has some weird oil in it which causes contractions.. He said recently a lady who was almost two weeks oberdue come in and brought 6 and apparently it worked for her... I will be back there in 3 weeks if he can stay in thay long! but yes get down to Lush!!!

also went to buy some epsom salts for my hoofy bits but theu refused to sell me them... apparently when youre this far gone you can only rest and take paracetamol!! :(

Just seen your comment there dogg lol fingers crossed they might do it before then. I just went of on a little nesting lol. I shifted my bed over few inches and turned the cot so there was more room to get into my bedroom lol. I did this all on my own aswell stupid i know but Ryan is still bloody sleeping.. Cant wait until im offer a 2 bedroom would be much easier lol xx

I didnt refresh the page before posting my comment :| lol might ask before i get my sweep if ive not gone before then lol if ive dilated lol.

About 2cm dilated and 75% effaced today. :thumbup: Keep in mind I walked around 3cm & about 75% for 3 weeks with my first. :winkwink:

well they do exist because I had my GBS test in Norway when I went into assessment before delivery suit and got my results back within the hour. I think it depends on if your hospital has the labs to process that test or not.
Usually if you test negative it's not really necessary to retest for 5 more weeks but yeh it can still change.

My OB said they aren't accurate enough to rely on routinely. :thumbup:

well you also said your OB stated that they dont exist so which one is it? Besides I would say that the results of that test are reliable no matter if you get the results on site or not... Personally I think its more reliable if you are tested a day or hours before birth rather that 5 weeks before birth... its not really very important to debate that though but personally I had the test because my waters went 3 days before my son was born and we were tested regularly for 3 days afterwards in ICU.. I dont know the american system but in Norway their hospitals usually have on site testing and can give you results rather rapidly :)

She said the possibility to do them doesn't exist because they're not accurate enough.

If you could stop reading all of my future posts, that would be great. It's obvious I can't say anything without you feeling some ridiculous need to disagree with me. :thumbup: It's okay to not know everything.

Hey ladies hope were all ok today!
Sarah omg that's gone so quick! I can just see it now! Every text I get im going to be wondering if its you tellin me it's time eeek! How exciting! Hopefully your lo doesn't wait too long to make an entrance! And don't worry, if you do have a boy, oh nigh just look at him and know his name is meant to be!
Candy ooh on the bath bomb that starts of contractions, 2 more weeks I'm going to go get it lol !!! And omg can't believe they refused to sell you Epsom salts! Have you spoken to your midwife about the hoofs?
Te amo awww on the surprise baby shower! Sounds like you had a lovely time!
Steph hope you can make it to your job interview! Maybe just take it easy now, no more walking and sex till after the interview hehe!

Afm had my baby shower yesterday! It actually turned out to be a lovely day an we were spoilt rotten! We got nearly everything we needed! Just need to get some bedding for the cot, a new mattress and a bed for Paige! And maybe a sling or baby carrier... Not site which one gonna go shopping in a few weeks to kiddicare in lakeside and have a splash out day lol! My mum did so much food and bought a gorgeous cake from Costco! Omgnit was huge and so moist and creamy with American frosting omg!!! Lol!!! Paige was just too cute, I thought she would be upset that we were opening pressies etc but she was so good, kept picking them all up and showing everyone saying cute! She is onna be a good big sister I can feel it!
Well I'm off to attempt to tidy up, Hoover and then go through all the hits again to remind myself of all the cuteness lol xxx have a good day ladies

About 2cm dilated and 75% effaced today. :thumbup: Keep in mind I walked around 3cm & about 75% for 3 weeks with my first. :winkwink:

And I was so proud of my 1cm 70% :haha:

Considering you spending 3 weeks at 3cm 75%, you have taken away my hope :cry::haha:

well they do exist because I had my GBS test in Norway when I went into assessment before delivery suit and got my results back within the hour. I think it depends on if your hospital has the labs to process that test or not.
Usually if you test negative it's not really necessary to retest for 5 more weeks but yeh it can still change.

My OB said they aren't accurate enough to rely on routinely. :thumbup:

well you also said your OB stated that they dont exist so which one is it? Besides I would say that the results of that test are reliable no matter if you get the results on site or not... Personally I think its more reliable if you are tested a day or hours before birth rather that 5 weeks before birth... its not really very important to debate that though but personally I had the test because my waters went 3 days before my son was born and we were tested regularly for 3 days afterwards in ICU.. I dont know the american system but in Norway their hospitals usually have on site testing and can give you results rather rapidly :)

She said the possibility to do them doesn't exist because they're not accurate enough.

If you could stop reading all of my future posts, that would be great. It's obvious I can't say anything without you feeling some ridiculous need to disagree with me. :thumbup: It's okay to not know everything.

To be honest hun I don't mind not reading your posts, but I'm feeling that it was the other way round, that you felt the need to comment on any advice I gave to anyone even when it wasn't directed towards you, the only time I have spoken to you was when you spoke to me first and I'm kind of regretting that I did because it just opened up the whole competitive thing again. I don't pretend to know everything, I've even said that I've learned a lot on this thread from other posters, but when I know I am right I will defend my point. :coffee:

Kealz - I know right! They smelt really nice and were all pink and I think they have rose petals in :D Anything which involves laying in a bath and not having to eat 27 pineapples or have sex 5 times in 24 hours or walk a mini marathon up 200 flights of stairs is good with me! :p
I will see if I can find the name of it on their website, they had a perfume too :D :D :D

I asked the midwife about the epsom salts and she said yes!! But the women at the chemist wouldn't give it to me saying that everything soaks into our skin now so I can't even put my feet in it :( The midwife isn't too worried about my feet, it's just so comfortable xx

Yay for a good baby shower!! and lots of awesome gifts! :happydance: I get paid on thursday and am off to have one last big blow out too!! :D

Cherrybump are you council tenants? After your baby is born they will automatically give you more money for a 2 bed, that is how we are saving up for our 3 bed. We would have been able to afford our own but now because of court we've had to stay put.

steph I didn't dilate or efface at all with my 2 until I was in labour, took ages getting to 4cm then shot to 7 in half an hour and 10 in 20 minutes so don't worry :haha: there's still hope yet! x

So after an hour of false labour and actually quite horrible contractions, they tailed off and stopped and left me extremely tired, so I went to bed and laid down only to wake up 10 minutes after the school shut!!! Bad mother!!! Luckily it's only over the road and Aaron ran over there in 2 minutes and got them.. Lucas got his first award in Assembly today :D :D :D So I'm off to shower him in kisses :) xx

Yeah hun council flat. Im hoping to leave ryan in this one but my mum was saying as he doesnt earn enough he might not be able to keep the flat so it means he'd have to move with me :S and apply for his own house lol such a pain but im sure they will has he is working and is looking for another job. So he does have income.. who knows lol we'll find out once i get offer another house. I dont mind living with him means i get some help along the way like now and after she is born.

I went little over broad and done some more cleaning but im now bouncing away on my ball. He has some music on so i can bounce to :D xxxx

Lol Ryan is the baby's dad but we're not together. Broke up when i was 10 weeks but has been here supporting me lol x

95% effaced 2cm dilated!
So exited ... Things are moving but not enough to make me cancel my interview

Woo Hoo! Glad you are making progress Steph! You too Little Spy! I spoke to my MW at my last appt about when pelvic exams start. She said she doesn't usually start doing them until 40 weeks as what she would see at this point is not as meaningful and sometimes it disappoints people. And then I thought about it for a min and realized, yes I am one of those people who would be very disappointed to find out absolutely nothing was happening! :haha: So I didn't get the exam. I would also be like you Steph and if I had one, I would be dying to know every week what was happening! Probably best to give me one less thing to obsess over! I will just live vicariously through you since we have the same due date and had our same "weirdo" pain and just assume that my progress is as good as yours :haha:

Loved the pics of your shower TeAmo! I also love all the owly stuff. If I hadn't done a safari nursery I think I prob would have done a cute little woodland theme with owls and nests and foxes and hedgehogs... adorable :cloud9:

AFM went to the chiropractor this morning as my hips are a total wreck from sleeping on them for months on end and weighing an extra 30lbs and now having someone's head jammed in my pelvis all the time :( She thinks I either have inflamed fluid in the joints or that it is from the muscle band that connects my hips to my knees being way too tight. So she did some heat therapy and then deep tissue massage into the bands which was really flippin' sore!! But, if it takes away some of the pain and pressure from my hips and means that I can get better sleep for the next few weeks, I'll take it! I go back on Thursday for another round of the deep tissue massage and to see if its working. I hope it is that because if its the fluid inflammation then there's nothing to be done about that, as treatment for that is anti-inflammatory drugs, which I wouldn't be willing to take. Anyway, fingers crossed for a bit of relief!

Sarah, didn't you guys have a couple of names that you were throwing around?

Well recently we've become kinda stuck on Freddie and Max. We had decided on Max, but then for some reason both went off it, and half decided on Freddie, but I'm just not sure I'm 100% convinced about either. It's weird because ere have always been so many boys names I love, and dh too, but the list we agree on is pretty short, and I think the fact that we haven't reached an overall decision makes me worry and then I go off the name....which is stupid. So we need to sit down tonight and really probably start from scratch! Luckily a girls name is sorted, which probably means this baby is a boy!

Kealz: I would get too excited when your phone goes, I'm convinced we'll be waiting a loooong time for this one yet! And I also think we are both going to end up being induced on the 10th!! Sounds like your baby shower was wonderful! enjoy the trip to kiddicare when you go - I wish we had one near us!

Steph: 95% effaced?! That's incredible!! Grayson will be falling out of there when you least expect it :haha: and 2cm dilated means you are a fifth of the way there, which is definitely good news. Now I am just sitting here waiting for you to pop!

Kirstabelle: my hips have been sore lately too from being a big heifer and being forced to sleep on them. Fingers crossed your treatment works and you are feeling better soon. By the time I get an appointment with a chiropractor my LO would prob be here, at which point I am sleeping only on my back forever more!!!
We don't get any internal exams, so I will also be living vicariously through the others stories of dilation!

Afm: for some reason I feel really awful tonight. Sore head, feel nauseous. I'm thinking it may be a product of the um......four slices of cake I ate earlier :nope: I wish I had ANY self control!!
Simon is currently building the new bed. We now have a bedroom full of ikea hemnes furniture and its so matchy I could vomit! I'm hoping once the bed covers are back on it doesn't look so show room :haha:

Lol i need a new bed aswell. Mines is one of those wooden one with drawers if was a night mare to put together but im never again getting one of those. Think ill go back to the pole ones although moving around in one of those are squeaky lol xx

ukgirl: Do you remember the name of the Bath Bomb from LUSH? That's also one of my favourite bath stores. I adore their bath bombs so much, and their bubble bars are really great too! It's too bad our tub sucks so much... you can't put very much water in it before the pressure starts to make it drain. We need a better plug. :growlmad: Also, hurray for Lucas! It's always so exciting to see them get awards.

kealz: I'm glad to hear that your baby shower went well and that you got lots of good gifts! It's always nice to feel a little spoiled now and then. And I agree... COSTO cakes are suuuuuper yummy! That's what we had for my shower too! Good luck on the baby carrier/sling hunt. I have a moby wrap and a more structured infantino carrier as well because I wasn't sure which one would work better for us and LO. (it seems some babies prefer one type over the other) I got the moby wrap used for $10 though, otherwise I don't know if we could have done both because they're not very cheap to buy new. Maybe see if a friend has some you can borrow to test out first?

Steph: I was a bit of an odd kid. :haha: Also, I'm jealous that you were able to get the sex of LO confirmed more than once. At our first anatomy U/S the pics were all blurry so we had to go back again to get them re-done. And at the blurry pic one we were told boy. When we went back to get them re-done Peter (we hope!) had his legs crossed so they couldn't check again for us. So there's a little niggly part of my brain that is a bit worried that Peter Malachi could in fact be an Agnes Joyce instead!

doggylover: I think starting over fresh for chosing your boys name is the best way to go. That's how DH and I ended up with our girls name. We were on the way to our U/S where we were going to find out the gender, and we both confessed on the way there we'd gone off our original girls name. So we started firing new names back and forth, and decided on one that we hadn't talked about at all before, but that we both really liked! It was kind of random, but the name fit for us and it was an instant fit... no squabling over it.

kristabelle: Hope you're feeling better soon! With all the aches and pains us poor ladies go through, it's amazing that there are still so many families of multiple children. :winkwink: Hopefully you can get some exercises or stretches that will help ease the pain.

AFM, my sister is back from her trip to Italy, so I met her for lunch today and got to live vicariously through her adventures! I've also been getting a LOT of Braxton Hicks the last few days, and some of them have been quite intense/uncomfortable. I think it's from sitting for long periods, so I've been trying to get take more frequent breaks and get up to stretch or walk around, but it's starting to get really annoying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->