April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

And Ready to Mum, I would just call. You will feel better, even if you don't actually feel better! Hope it is just some enthusiastic practice!

readytomum have you yaken paracetamol and laid down for a while? five in an hour isnt that many but if you are worried then call thrm... are you timing them?if they are regular and last longer thrn 30 seconds then defo call.. Ive had bhs ljke that for weeks now they say its just getting ready xxx

I don't know what paracetamol is? :shrug: I called L&D to ask whether I should bother coming in, and the nurse was very unhelpful. She just kept saying to rest and see if they continue or get worse. I tried to explain that I have a desk job and had been sitting most of the day already,but she didn't seem to grasp that. So I just went home after work and have been chilling out in my recliner. They're definitely still happening, but I'm not worried about them now because nothing else is really happening. Just enthusiastic practice I guess!

Paracetamol is acetaminophen here, aka Tylenol. But I've never heard of taking it for BH's, I don't know, maybe that is a UK thing? I got told if I got more than four in an hour (and this was ages ago my MW says having lots is fine now, but I am a few weeks ahead of you) to drink water and lie on my left side and if they continue, or get stronger to call the MW. Which is basically what you are doing anyway. Sorry the nurse wasn't helpful, that is frustrating. The person who answers the phone before you can talk to a MW at my hospital is really annoying as well and says ridiculous/unhelpful things every time I call. I'm glad nothing else is happening though and hopefully it is just a good sign, that things are progressing. Maybe you are able to call your doctor in the morning and get some better advice than what the nurse was able to tell you? But by morning your belly will probably be back to its normal self again :)

awwww readytomum I hope you are feeling better now and they have eased off.. I think I get told to take tylenol because mine are painful and crampy and sometimes the pain can make them worse. If yours arent hurting then dont worry about that xx
Mine happen mostly when I sit down or it could be tht I notice them more when Im not moving around. xxx

Paracetamol is like tylenol, depon, panadol etc... mild analgesic, my midwife told me to get 2 pills every 2-3 hours if labor pains are too strong, and also prescribed another one, active ingredient called hyoscyamine and they give it for ulcers, spasms or cramping, irritable bowel syndrome, symptoms of colic. Apparently it takes the edge off the pain. 1 every 4 hours.

Candy: for a girl's name we have chosen Isabelle, and I love it. When i think of using it I am so happy with how it sounds, and I just don't get that from any of our boys names. :( So fingers crossed you are right and I am having a girl!!

Nimbec: I'm so glad that you and Harrison are home! That must be wonderful to have your little boy with you in the comfort of your own house. I'm glad he has started feeding well, and hope everything is going smoothly. Keep us update (photos!)

BitsySarah: Oh goodness sounds like things will be moving for you in no time at all then! It's good to know they are keeping a close eye on you because of your BP, and hopefully it won't be an issue and your first sweep will work like magic and LO will be here soon! Not too soon though - once you've finished up all your work of course!

Steph: I love Grayson's nursery! It's turned out just gorgeous. Now, I advise sending an eviction notice in there soon to get him out! :haha:

Paracetamol is basically the only thing a pregnant woman here can take lol. I have managed to get through pregnancy without any pain killers, but then that's a stupid thing to say because I haven't really been in any pain :dohh: So i'm hoping that I'll be able to use paracetamol in early labour and it might help :shrug: I've heard some people say it does, and since I don't take it a lot it bloody better!

Excellent news: Our new bed made it through the night :haha: And today I am once again doing nothing....although I keep saying that and then doing loads and ending up feeling horrible like i did last night. So we'll see how we get on....

Steph i love the colour scheme you have for the nursery it looks lovely xxx

Yeah for the new bed making it through the night lol

im having a lazy day today after moving the bedroom around yesterday and its still slushy outside (snow/rain) lol not pretty. xxxx

doggylover, I love the name Isabelle too, my daughter has an Isabelle in her class, I did think about it before we found out we are team blue. Glad your bed survived the night you beast!! lol xxx

I'm finally beginning to feel much better so I'm off to take my mum's mother's day present to her finally, still not 100%.. also my friend who is 2 weeks ahead of me just updated that her waters went this morning!!! exciting! she is 38 weeks!
I'm terrified of mine going while I'm on the school run hahaha.. or next week in court!! omg how embarrassing would that be!!

Oh man that came around fast didnt it. fingers crossed all goes well and your waters on break while in court lol xx

. Glad your bed survived the night you beast!! lol xxx

:rofl: thanks! Isabelle is apparently a pretty popular name right now, but I don't know of anyone over here who has an Isabelle, so that made me like it even more! Now to knuckle down and sort out this boys name fiasco!

I think I'm going to start my baby book today. My SIL made it for me for Christmas, and I haven't actually managed to put anything in it yet - going to stick all the scan pics in etc for the moment until LO arrives.

I like the name and you can always shorten/nickname her belle lol.

I had loads of boys names as i was pretty sure id have a boy but nope little girl we had a name just no middle name lol.

I had Brodie, Austin, Ollie, Jack,Luke (i have them writen down somewhere lol)

girls names are so much easier than boys names we found loads of girls names we liked buy could never gree on boys.. I like Ethan Preston Mason Bentley Connor Cameron Harley Jack and Benson :)

Well last night I doubled checked my radox and I do have the one with Clary sage in it.... oooooops also my shampoo is red raspberry! I think this baby should be out soon on bath products alone lol

my mum couldnt believe how big I am today.. I dont care if people say Im big because I know my measurements are perfect :)

Some good suggestions there ladies that I would never have thought of :thumbup: I've started a brand new list of names so will be able to add some of those to it.

I love the name Luke, but because our surname is so short I don't think anything with one syllable sounds right :( Candy I do have Lucas on my list though :) also my sister LOVES the name Luke, so I'm not sure it would be fair as she has been so clear about how she adores it in the past. It's so damn hard. If only those little idiots at school hadn't put me off the name Alex!

I use radox to but i never checked to see what was in them lol x

Just a quick drop in to say hi ladies! I have been off all meds and had some contractions which have completely stopped andfeel great. I am almost certain she has dropped as now I can breathe so much better but pee like I have a bladder the sizeof a pea! My baby shower was fantastic but only 2 people bought anything off of the registry. The kids are out on Spring Break so I find I am very exhausted. Makes me worry how badly exhausted I will be when she gets here.

Doggylover cute names! We could easily agree on boy names as that is what I thought we were having anyways but nothing was easy with a girl name. I said Emmaleigh one day at work to him and we instantly knew that was our name! Nothing else fit like it did to us.

I didn't read back but hope everyone is doing well and feeling good!

Only 21 days till our scheduled c-section!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see who goes next!

Hi ladies, sorry ive not been on here, been really poorly over the weekend with a horrid head cold.
So about my consultant appointment on friday. 1st had the scan, all is well, baby has turned head down from the breech position and is measuring bang on for dates and fluid.
Then i saw the consultant.. well she was quite simply awful.
She had only negetive things to say about c section ,she kept saying how my last c section wasnt "straight forward" and that chances are i may have to have a hystorectomy in a few years. Errrrr why?? Basically she had nothing positive to say about it at all , despite the fact im well aware of the positives for me. My poor OH was sitting there with mouth wide open in shock.
Nothing was mentioned about my high BP which is still high and i had to ask if they had found protein in my urine and was told "yes" but that was it.
So then i was given a date and because they are so busy and with the easter weekend the earliest they could get me in was 4th April ,il be 39 +4 then so almost full term. That now makes me panic as im terrified of going into labour due to my past experiance, so all in all we were pretty downhearted when we left the hospital. Then to top it all off ive been poorly, but having given it a few days obviously we are please that the main thing is baby is healthy.
My mum is also back from holiday and has been/is being a massive help with Harrison whilst ive been unwell and for this week whilst OH is at work.
So i guess all is good. Cant believe how close we all are now!
Sorry for the one sided post just wanted to let you know when ive been at, il try and rejoin the discussions from here on in xx

doggylover - Lucas is really overused at the moment, there are 3 in my son's class. Same with Alfie. When I named Lucas it was when we lived in Norway and the name was very rare, They spell it Lukas, I'm glad I didn't spell it that way too though as there is a boy with his name spelt that way in his class!! He's from Romania I think :/ xxx

Cherrybump I love radox! I didn't think it was important what was in them either :( x

Ohhhh mommabrown!! dropping is a good sign maybe you'll be next? :p xx

Melissa your appointment confused me! She spent the time talking about c-sections when you have high bp and protein in your urine?? that makes no sense! Why would you need a hysterectomy after just 2 c sections?? I'm glad baby is healthy and all was well there. Sorry they are making you wait so long for your section! Sorry you have also been poorly, there is so much about at the moment. I hope you feel back to normal asap xx

Lucas Daniel is our chosen boys name:blush:

The appointment was to book my c section, but with the bp and protein issues id like to think they would think to discuss that with me too.

doggylover: the boys names that I like that we're not using this time around are Aiden, Liam, Oliver, Felix, Simon (you could name him Jr! lol), Elliot, Patrick, and Anthony. DH doesn't like most of them, so they weren't really contenders for us... but I like them all! lol Isobelle was our original girls name too, mostly because we liked the short form Izzy... but it's waaaay to popular over here, so we went off it and went with Agnes instead.

melissabump: Sorry you've been feeling so poorly! Everytime I come into contact with someone who has a cold I'm terrified I'm going to end up picking it up too... that's the last thing any of us need right now!! Hope you're feeling better soon!!

mommabrown: Glad to hear LO has dropped! I keep hoping that happens soon, although I realize it's probably a ways off still. I would like to breath better too!

AFM, I finally had a successful shopping trip! I picked up some stuff for my hospital bag. I got the overnight pads, an all black nightgown, a button up PJ set for after, and some soft sports bra type bras for nursing. I also bought a bag of gummy bunnies to put in there. :blush:

I picked up a few new sets of tupperware as well, so I can start making large meals to freeze in single serve containers in a few weeks. I picked up a set of 4 sippy cups from the dollar store as well for a shower game we're going to play this weekend. Because it's a small co-ed friends gathering I wanted some fun games the guys would play. So we're going to have a "half-pint showdown" and 4 people can volunteer to chug a half pint of beer against each other. The trick is they'll be doing it out of a sippy-cup, which they won't know until they've voluntered. :haha: It should be pretty hilarious to watch. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->