April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

YAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! Congratulations kirstabelle!! I am so happy to hear that Annelise is here safely. I'm sorry to hear you needed an emcs as I know it's very much not what you wanted, but I am 100% sure that you are just glad to have that little lady here!! I cannot wait to hear more about how she and you are getting along. :kiss:

Cherry: I can imagine that the pumping is harsh on the nipples :wacko: littlespy said on here the other day that coconut oil is good for nipples when pumping :thumbup: and yep, we've been sunning Isabelle by the window, but its been so dull I'm not sure much is happening!

Jen: I hope our sharing hasn't scared you too much for what's ahead :haha: yay for finishing work!! I hope your LO gives you a few days to enjoy relaxing before she arrives.

Sarah: good luck!! Can't wait to hear your news!

Mommabrown: I had a little laugh at poor Allen! I can't believe he passed out! Weirdly this was in the paper today..
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...d-traumatic-births-post-traumatic-stress.html
So sorry to hear about your allergy, but as steph said, you need to be 100% for Emmaleigh.

Afm: I have a feeling we aren't in for such a smooth ride tonight. Isabelle has been a lot more squirmy and unsettled in her Moses basket this evening even though I doubled boobed her a little while ago to see if that would help her settle. So...we shall see in the morning!

So glad she made it here safely, Kirstabelle! Congratulations! Also, I had a giggle at "Thursday April 14." :haha: Almost. :winkwink: Get some rest, mama (right)! :flower: And, no worries, you were the only one on the thread I was hoping would go into labor before me! :haha: And you've managed to give me hope I can go so far over but still not be induced! Surely if your first baby comes before 41+5 (which would be my induction date, I think - will know for sure tomorrow), my 2nd will!

Bitsysarah, on the other hand... :trouble: Just kidding -- good luck to you! Exciting!

Hold on...what about lily? Has she posted in the last day or two? Has she popped too?!

Thanks, Doggylover. Been meaning to ask, how is the cloth diapering (nappying) going? I am going for cloth too, and would love to hear how you are getting on with it. Any favorite/not so favorite types so far?

Have to hold my hands up and say we haven't started yet! We are waiting for her cord to drop off, so hopefully be able to start in the next few days! I'm thinking that my little lambs fitteds will be perfect to start (as long as they fit ok, she seems so weeny! they are going to be so bulky i think!) off with based on the amount of wee and poo coming out so far! I actually just ordered some more nappies today - girly colours as all mine were previously for team yellow! But they are all BTP so I imagine we won't get to use them for a while.

Liam's mom has just posted on Facebook that Jackson has arrived!

I saw Lily post a pic on facebook earlier today (I think?) so I think she's still hanging in there.:thumbup:

Hurray Kristabelle!! So glad to hear your little lady has arrived safe and sound! Hope you're both doing well, and that you can indulge us with some pics when you get a chance. :winkwink:

BittySarah: Good luck tomorrow!! Wishing you a speedy and safe delivery! Keep us posted when you get a chance.

AFM, I have an appointment with my Dr tomorrow morning to check if I'm dialated yet or not... and if I am then there's a good chance they'll let us do an induction, and if I'm not then I guess we'll just be letting mother nature control the timing of everything! DH and I were so certain that this was the right thing to do before, but now we're both not really sure what to do! :wacko: There are pro's and con's for either option... and it's not something we ever imagined we would have to be considering!

good morning.. Im finding it so hard to keep up here lately so bare with me xx

lily hasnt popped yet she still has her gorgeous bump :)

good luck bitzysarah!! cant wait to hear your news :) xx

Congratulations to Kristabelle!!! so glad everything went well in the end and youre both doing well xx

readytomum I hope you get the answers you need at your appointment tomorrow.. hopefully he'll decide to come out before you need induction :) xx

doggylover that article was interesting.. That poor man was from my town lol.. I cant see why mennwould be left feeling that way.. Aaron was a first time dad and he was given Benson and left in the corner while they sorted me out.. they barely said a word to him but I guess during an emergency they have to focus on the best of the mother and baby.. poor dads!
We havent started CDing yet either.. we are starting after the first month.. I have to empty the washing basket first lol!

mommabrown did I read right that Allen fainted? bless him! It must have been very difficult for him but atleast he got to see Emmaleigh be born before he hit the deck lol.. xx

afm.. I am off to the docs this morning for more pre eclampsia checks.. my blood pressure is still high and now Im having palpitations.. Im thinking I might get put on the tablets which I dont want.. but I have to think of my kids.. if I have a stroke or eclamptic fit it wont be fun.

Benson is a week old today!! yay!! and its my birthday :)

if you have a baby born today it will be a very lucky baby!! LOL xx

anywhoooo Im off to sleep for an hour before the school run begins :)

Hold on...what about lily? Has she posted in the last day or two? Has she popped too?!
Hey babe, not popped yet!
I was at the doc yesterday, baby still high, but healthy and snug as a bug. If he doesn't come until Thursday, I'm being induced on Monday or next Thursday. :cry:
I was crying last night because this is my worse scenario right now, I don't want to be induced. I have no pathological signs, like high BP, GD, or reduced movements, so I should not be a candidate for induction. In fact baby has lots of amniotic and moves a ton, and we are both very healthy. But doc fears that the cord is around his neck and this is why he can't descent.:cry:

Oh please pray my labor starts before Monday!!!!

I have a new stress test and U/S on Wednesday, to see what is going on.
BTW they don't do sweeps here, which sucks.:growlmad:

Oh Lilly Hun!!! I'm definately praying for you!!! Fingers crossed labour will start soon. I also don't want to be induced. Tomorrow is my due date and my last two were overdue and I just managed to avoid an induction with my last. He came the night before we were booked for it. I hope that no matter what happens that you are both happy and healthy! xx. A quick question for everyone. This time around things are really different and I just wanted to see others experiences. I know what the mucous plug looks like when it comes out in full but did anyone lose it really slowly as an increased discharge? ( sorry tmi) the last two days I have been soaked continuously and it's clear/ slimy and smells sweet!? I'm not sure if it's something to worry about or not? Anyone experienced hhis?

Oh lily I have every thing crossed that your little dude comes before this weekend as I know induction is not what you want. Can you not refuse it and ask to hold off for another week?that said, my sisters cord was around her neck and as such it had little knots in it which meant she wasn't getting all the nutrients she needed. But if they arent sure then I would urge you to not agree to anything you don't want.

Candy: that is awful about Aaron being left in the corner. I have to say that our hospital were amazing. When our emergency came they were great about explaining to us what was happening (I was so zonked I did t get it so they actually directed it all to Simon) and he was kept right there beside me, and then Isabelle, the whole time. It's such a shame that some places don't offer the same care as others, especially in such an intense situation.
Good luck at the doctors and...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :cake:

Readytomum: good luck at the drs today. I hope you go in and find out you are at least 3cm! And if its what you decide you want, then fingers crossed for a safe induction

Afm: my predictions were true- not as greasy a night last night, but if that is a ba night I can definitely deal!! Little Miss was much more hungry than usual so woke more often grizzling away. I had just been offering her one boob at each feed, but now I think I'll go boob, nappy change to keep her awake, second boob, to make sure she is getting enough.
We are going to register her birth today, and then do something we love, and something I've been excited to do with her since I saw people there with a tiny baby about a year ago.... We are going to Starbucks :rofl:

Kristy could it be your waters are leaking? I've heard from some people that that smells sweet, but I don't know myself!

Hey babe, not popped yet!
I was at the doc yesterday, baby still high, but healthy and snug as a bug. If he doesn't come until Thursday, I'm being induced on Monday or next Thursday. :cry:
I was crying last night because this is my worse scenario right now, I don't want to be induced. I have no pathological signs, like high BP, GD, or reduced movements, so I should not be a candidate for induction. In fact baby has lots of amniotic and moves a ton, and we are both very healthy. But doc fears that the cord is around his neck and this is why he can't descent.:cry:

Oh please pray my labor starts before Monday!!!!

I have a new stress test and U/S on Wednesday, to see what is going on.
BTW they don't do sweeps here, which sucks.:growlmad:

Gosh hope your labour starts on its own then! Glad they are monitoring you so closely though, over here they would just wait until the baby showed any signs of distress!
If its any consolation, my induction wasn't too different to my 2nd labour, both were a similar length (precipitate) and intervention/drug free.

Kristy could it be your waters are leaking? I've heard from some people that that smells sweet, but I don't know myself!

I'm not really sure. I thought there would be more if it were my waters but I guess it could be a slow leak. I think maybe I should check with l&d in the morning. :)

Kristy, I've had increased discharge (even though there is just no way there could be any plug left up there after last week!). But haven't noticed a sweet smell. I concur with doggylover that I've heard amniotic fluid can smell sweet but no firsthand experience (water was broken while in the throws of labor with my first so no sniffing it, lol!).

Lily, I'm sorry. Definitely see if you can hold off until next Thursday if you don't want to be induced! But welcome to the "I don't want to be induced" club. :hugs:

On that note, off to my u/s to ensure my body is deemed still fit to carry this baby. Fx they let me hold off induction until next Tuesday. And fingers double crossed Vi gets a move on before then!

Thanks littlespy. I'm thinking maybe my waters are slowly leaking then if everyone seems to think that amniotic fluid has a sweet smell. I'll definately be double checking with the mw. Goodluck with your ultrasound!! xx

Womp womp.... U/s not great. Said my fluid levels are on the low side. Took forever to see her practice breathing, which seemed to concern the tech, too, though after nearly 10 minutes she said "well, she passed." Waiting to see doc now. Tech said I shouldn't hope they'll let me hold off until 4/23. :nope: I guess we'll see. Baby's wellbeing over what I want 100%!

Starbucks DL - i hope you both enjoy. and ill try out the coconut oil.

Congrats Krista

Afm: i would love to sue the council for stress while being pregnant. I may has well be depressed to grrr...

Those fookers keep messing things up.. Me and ryan clearly told them we arent a couple yet back when we put this claim in we were and remember to mention after we weren't the person i spoke to back then said it would be better to put it through as a partner because we're living together we odv didnt think anything of it since they said it was ok :S.. now we're been told we're lying and never info them..

This only came up because the person helping me with the forms i said because me and ryan arent a couple can i apply for this as a single claim as she ask for us both to bring our wage slips and that confused me.

waiting for a call so ryan can moan at her like crazy for saying we didnt tell 'her' we arent together and she said we told her we were :S we didnt not see no one else but her and this guy who collected info from us who clearly saw ryan sleeping on the couch.

She also mention that we they ask for a letter from me back in octber i wrote that we were together but when ryan moved in he was my ex... Info is so wrong.. Ryan moved in as we were together then and inform the lady that we were no longer together but he's living with me because im carrying his baby and he's helping me out.

The letter i wrote in octber she said i wrote we were together. I said i must have made a mistake writing it down as i have trouble with spelling,writing and reading.. No joke im dislesic (dunno how to spell it) i have google spell check thing to correct words i cant spell but clearly google doesnt know all the words lol.

Ive had this problem all the way through school to. But thats not good enough for them.. so this could fuck us both over even though we had no benefit since september and just given it back now. saying that they have gave us all the benefit we were due back then to :( mega fucked

Sorry for the rant ladies x

Dan-o, thanks for the positive induction story. I have to be induced Thursday because little miss has slowed in her growth and hearing about positive inductions helps. I want only what's best for baby, and this is what my doctor thinks is best. Still scary, though!

Candy, Happy Birthday!

Lily, hang in there- hope you get to go naturally like you want. I know it is frustrating.

Doggylover, no worries about the cloth diapering- I'm sure you'll start soon enough. We plan to start right after the meconium is finished, but that may not be realistic. I've got a mixed stash, but it looks like the prefolds with the tiny covers made by Bummis will be best for the wee babe we are expecting, at least at first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->