April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Sarah L, I never even considered teeth :dohh:. That would make total sense!!! Or maybe allergies? I can't imagine, him still being sick. Have you taken him to the doctors? I have heard, that some babies you will never know that they are teething and others BAM it's a huge deal.
As for school: could you go to school AND grow a sibling for Peter?

Candy, I have never thought of nursing the way you do. I always wanted to be a nurse in the NICU, working with the wee little ones... Now that you have mentioned them possibly dying (don't laugh, but that NEVER crossed my mind lol), I could never do it. And working with hospice is so amazing!!!!!! I'm very jealous of you and Shell! Being a nurse was always a dream of mine. Maybe one day I'll marry a wealthy man, that will support me and Grayson, so I can go to school :haha:
I know you are right of course, that I can't force him to WANT to take care of Grayson on his day off but common!!? I thought it was common sense, that you watch your kid, when the other parent is working?!! I just don't get it... He can go fishing all weekend long! I don't mind him going to have fun, when I can watch the baby... But how do you even consider having someone else watch your kid, while you go out and play?! I just don't understand him... At all!
We are supposed to go diving on Sunday (so much for him not getting to have any fun :coffee:) and my mom really wants to watch the baby. I just don't know that a) I want to be away from Grayson and b) I want to spend any time with Rob. I'm just still so angry with him.
Another Rant: this is right in line with the following scenario right before the "fishing" issue.
Rob has a very old beat up VW where the AC does not work. I have asked him to fix it many times, because it is just simply to hot in Florida without, but he just won't do it. Since he only takes the baby short distance, it's not a huge deal I guess. Well we also have a lifted mud truck (that we bought together as a toy, right before we found out I was pregnant). Grayson can't go in the right now, because it is entirely to bouncy. Well and I have a really nice big SUV, that I pay a lot of money for every month (perfect family vehicle). Rob has always rolled his eyes at me (and made fun of me) for having such a high car payment. Not sure what it matters to him, since I pay for it, but he just likes to bitch.
Well yesterday he asked, if I could take the mud truck to work and leave my SUV for him, since he had errands to run (guess he didn't want to take the baby with no AC :shock:). I told him: sure, just make sure the Ford has gas in it!
I swear, I rarely drive that thing, but when I do, the tank is empty and I end up having to fill it. Whenever Rob takes my car, he NEVER puts gas in it (even if he emptied it).
So he went and checked, only to be annoyed and said: it has some gas, but just take your truck!
Aka: the truck is empty (again!) and now he is annoyed with me, that I don't feel like dealing with it :shrug:
Add that to the list of reasons, why we are not working out!!! I don't understand how he can be so thoughtless and selfish!!! What happened to he man wanting to take care of the women???? Grrrr

Steph that truck issue seems like a little deal to men, but that's the sort of thing that would have me having an argument with Simon all day...in my head!! Telling EXACTLY how he treats me like a maid etc!! It's those wee things that all count. I hate that Rob didn't want to spend his day off with Grayson :( my brother can be the same sometimes. He's a dr and works loooong hours and sometimes when he is off he still gets his in laws or my parents to watch Jacob so he can go to the gym etc. I know that he wants some alone time but I don't think the guys realise we get zero alone time, so they need to suck it up :haha:

Sarah, the baby food class sounds really interesting! I've never heard of anything like that and I think it's a great idea to have people informed about weaning and nutrition :thumbup: is a baby bullet like a mini blender? I'm assuming its not something you shoot a baby with?!

Afm, worst night last night :( as I mentioned Isabelle went to bed early. Well she woke at 11.30, 1am and 2am for a feed. Then she woke at 4.30am and I was thinking "you aren't hungry, you don't need this...I'll leave you for a bit and see what happens." What happened was an hour of her talking to herself LOUDLY, so that I got no sleep anyway, she woke Simon, got cranky and I had to feed her anyway in the end.
I know I moan about her sleep all the time, but I'm up at least 4 times a night with her every single night now :( and I'm worried that its my fault. Like, she shouldn't need to eat that much overnight, so what if I am/have created a habit of her waking for food, and this is the way it will always be? Simon is desperate to move her into her own room come 6 months (I think he'd go sooner tbh) but I told him I'm not getting up and walking to her room four times a night, it just ain't gonna happen. So if she's still waking like this then, she stays in with us.
I'm not too tired or anything, but I feel so worn down :( literally every 1.5-2.5hrs she is awake for food. I think that's why I've lost some weight lately (yay for that though!) and I'm always hungry at the minute.

Sarah J, I think Izzys sleeping pattern is 100% leap related and has nothing to do with you! Grayson regressed as well and I'm up at least 3 times during the night (and all before my 5.30am alarm :wacko:).
Grayson is getting his second set of shots tonight, so I'm not expecting much more sleep over the next few nights lol.

As for men needing some alone time... That's bs!!! I work all day as well and the first thing I want when I get home, is to hold my baby!!!

Steph I am about to go off in a long hateful rant and it probably relates to my shitty day! Rob needs to grow the fuck up! If you are handling your business right and have the money to pay for a nice luxury suv then enjoy it! And wtf is his problem that he can't keep Grayson till you get off then go fishing??? It helps you out and he gets time with Grayson too! Its a win win!!!!!! UGH

So here is my bad day....Allen has been managing our finances for months now to help relieve a bit of stress off of me from everything that was going on....I had ordered 5 Smart Snugs AIT's and 2 CB's. I paid through his paypal and thought everything was fine...HELL NO IT ISN'T FINE!!!! We are burnout so bad that the bank wouldn't let the money transfer out and I had been wondering where the hell they are all at. So after this I start going through all of our accounts seeing whats going on and the 4000.00 dollars we spent on the lawyer took out all of our savings and more....Allen never even told me this. I am so upset with him. Our bills are a month behind and our cells where shut off today too. So since they are off i have had no way of calling him to see why he didn't tell me this stuff but i called my Little sister to blow off some steam and she thinks he was not telling me to protect me and make me feel like everything is going to be ok....UGH I AM SO IRRITATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know why I didn't look before or why i am being so naive....

sorry for the rant I am just so gutted by the way things are going!

Sarah Emme did this last night...We were awake at 2:30 am watching TV and went back to sleep about 6 am. I am afraid it is the regression...And YAY for some weight loss even though it is due to some difficult feedings.

And as for a baby Sarah L. I don't have any plans particularly to have another but if we are going to it will have to wait for 2-3 years anyways. Maybe time baby making to were the next baby would be due during summer break. Lol I know it isn't that easy but just an idea.

Candy I am excited for you.

Candy: If you get a chance to see it you totally should!! (with or without the kiddos!) The baby cinema here never screens kids movies, they do adult movies that parents want to see but can't go to because of baby. Which makes sense, but I LIKE kids movies, so I want to see those!

Steph: I guess I'll have to wait a little while longer to find out if it's teething related or not... :shrug: I took him to the doctors when he first got it and she checked to make sure he didn't have an ear infection or fever, and everything else was good! if he's still snuffly on Monday I'll be calling again just to make sure things are ok still.

Sarah: Yes it's a mini blender! :haha: It comes with food storage containers and stuff too! I cant wait to try it out! I thought the class sounded pretty neat too and it's free--so why not! I'm sorry to hear that miss Izzy is having sleeping issues still. This leap seems to be pretty terrible for you. :wacko: Hopefully once it's over you'll have a STTN baby again.

Shell: I'm sorry to hear about the money stresses! Money is the one things that Adam and I tend to argue about... we have very different ideas about how to manage and spend it. We just got a some money from my Grandmother selling her house and we've spend a lot of time talking about how we think it best used. We've finally settled on a compromise, but man, that's a touchy subject and he's so *terrible* with money! As for baby, I think we would aim for Baby #2 to be born as soon as my school program ended, which would make Peter about 3 years old. It would be too hard to try for any sooner than that because then I would need to take time off school.

Afm, AF has returned!! :cry: I'm so depressed by that... I was hoping to get longer before it showed up again. Sigh. So now we'll see how BF goes while AF is around. Peter had a diaper rash this morning and I'm not sure if it's AF related, or possibly teething related since he's also still stuffed up a bit. :shrug:

Shell, first off Thank you and YES, he needs to grow up. Problem is, he has taken care of only himself for so long, that I think he is incapable of thinking differently! I hope he comes around one day... Until then.. I will stick it out as long as possible.
So sorry to hear about the money issues! I hate having to have that discussion. I believe that your sister is right.. He was trying to protect you. I'm guessing, that there is nothing he can do to fix it right now, so telling you, would only stress you out more. I'm sure that you have had a chance to talk to him by now and you guys were able to come up with a plan.
Just remember, you guys will find a way through this. As long as your both healthly (and so are the kids), that's all you can ask for.:hugs:

Thanks girls. We have talked and cried and gotten through a very difficult conversation and cutting back in certain areas of spending and selling somethings if we can. I am not materialistic and like Steph said we are together as a family and healthy. Thats what matters to me.

Steph you are right Rob should have Grayson if he's not working and if it were me and you we would rather be with our babies than out shopping with our friends. Men are idiots but I feel like there is something more to Rob, Maybe you are too close to the frustration and the pain of it all but from my view it just appears that he's shutting you and Grayson out for some reason. I know when I was depressed I didn't really want to do anything with my kids (I did do stuff for their sakes but my heart wasn't in it). His whole attitude stinks of depression. Could it be that in his mind having a baby was going to be an easy ride? He maybe didn't consider the late nights and early mornings and having a baby there 24/7. He needs to stop feeling so sorry for himself, you were the one who had to give birth and look after Grayson while holding down a job, you do probably majority of the share. If anyone deserves to have some alone time it's you!!

Sarah, Benson is still up every 2 hours for a feed too, breast milk is digested faster than other food and formula so they usually need at least 1 feed during the night, even on bottle milk my kids woke during the night for feeds until they were around a year old. I had to laugh about Isabelle laying awake and babbling to herself though! I love it when they do that haha. Probably not what you and Simon want at 5am though! When she starts solids she'll be full up for longer and will sleep longer, you'll probably still have to get up once or twice but the gap from bedtime to feeding will be longer. mashy potat and carrots before bed is best... starchy! ;)

Shell I agree with the other ladies that he was probably trying to protect you, after all you've had A LOT of stress to deal with lately. We are also having financial issues after court, we had to use our credit cards to buy food last month and got charged through the roof for that which left us short. Im eBaying like a crazy bitch and poor Aaron had to sell his PS3. You'll catch up on the bills, not having to pay for nappies and formula is a great thing too! x

Sarah L I am like you!! I would rather watch the kids movies too! I loved Wreck it Ralph.. I'm looking forward to the new Planes movie coming out soon. My kids couldn't care less but they SHALL watch it with me so I don't feel like a huge child :p I'm sorry that AF returned, hopefully it will be fine for you too, most women here who got AF were fine, it's just me and my crazy body trying to be different lol. Ben had a cold for 3 weeks when he was a new born, it can take sometime for their little systems to fight it especially the first colds, next time he'll fight it off quicker. I have been looking at the baby bullet but I'm not sure if I want to pay money for a blender when I can mash soggy carrots with a spoon :/ xx

Afm, I'm off to a big BFing event today, is anyone else going?

Benson is stopping me and Aaron from having sex!!! I know this is silly but it's like he knows!! I get him into his cot around 8pm and he sleeps fine until we go to bed, it doesn't matter what time we go to bed as soon as we get into bed and try to start something you hear his little cry cough then waaaaaaahhhhhhhh... it's almost been a whole week!! I can't get away with feeding him and put him back to his cot either if I put him in his bed he cries until he gets into bed next to me! He is such a mummies boy!!! Gorgeous little git!! we're going to have to become sex ninjas!

Speaking of ninjas did you see my Luke dressed as a ninja yesterday?? HAHA! We got paid yesterday so I took them to get some toys (They rinsed me by the way!) He saw this ninja costume and almost died on the spot, it was in the trolly before I had finished saying yes to him! haha

Afm, AF has returned!! :cry: I'm so depressed by that... I was hoping to get longer before it showed up again. Sigh. So now we'll see how BF goes while AF is around. Peter had a diaper rash this morning and I'm not sure if it's AF related, or possibly teething related since he's also still stuffed up a bit. :shrug:

I got some bleeding too today, still can't believe it could be AF :shrug: As I had spotting on July 20th, it is too soon for another period.:dohh: BTW my obgyn is away for vacation, so I will resort to asking the pediatrician about it, she is a LC she must know about this.

Dennis managed to fall asleep on his own this morning for his nap! :thumbup: I just left him on my bed and went to boil some water in the kitchen, I could hear him sighing and grunting, and when he was quiet I rushed in the bedroom and he was asleep! :happydance: He is growing so fast! I want him to stay a little baby for as long as possible!

Shell, it's awesome that you and Allen talked and figured out a plan!! I am a firm believer, that while it is nice to have extra cash, it by no means makes you happy!!! Having the support and love of you husband and kids, is what really matters. So you sell a few things and eat "cheap" meals for a while!

Candy, have you tried to sneak in the bathroom for a quicky?!? Surely it's not the most romantic thing :haha:, but it may hold you guys over for a bit :rofl:. Poor little Benny doesn't want anyone using his boobies! Can't blame the cutie lol.
Rob is definitely depressed (he has told me). So he should go get help :shrug:. I do bitch and complain a lot, but when he is with Grayson, he is amazing (99% of the time). He loves that baby more then anything, which is why is little fishing stunt just stunned me :wacko:.
You know, I would like to say, that having a baby is a stress factor, but it's really not. I don't say this much, but Grayson has only cried a handful of times since birth, and usually only when I didn't boob him quick enough. He never cries at night, always goes to sleep with no issue, laughs all day long, and is overall very easy. We never had the unconsolable moments, that most parents deal with. We are EXTREMELY lucky in the sense. So the few times that Grayson does need something, I usually jump all over it. No real stress for Rob. :shrug:

Candy, what is this latch on you were talking about??

Sarah, I hope you have an amazing time at the wedding and please send us some amazing pics of Izzy in her outfits!!

Sarah L, I hope Peter gets over this stupid cold soon, so he can go back to feeling as gorgeous as he looks :flower:

Candy It maybe the noise of the bed.... Emme is the same way so since she has been born we are having sex in the laundry room, bathroom, the floor of our bed room, the shower. It has actually been quite nice. Allen hasn't really wanted to let go of anything but we can always by these things back if we want.

Steph if he was doing what he should you wouldn't have to bitch at him. Tell him to go get help if he can't properly deal with it. I feel like Emmaleigh is such a blessing to us too and even when she has cried that smile and laughter of hers has definitely made up for it. She is what has helped me to stay strong through court and right now. I love all my kids but there is just something about a baby that makes you feel so good. I guess its because they need you and flash that pretty smile of appreciation for feeding them and cuddling them.

Sarah J have lots of fun at the wedding!

Sarah L i sure hope Peters nasty cold goes away soon!

afm, nothing new since our argument last night. Emmaleigh woke up through the night wanting to eat and I had Allen go get her a bottle. I proped her head up on my shoulder and she was back to sleep like that. She slept on my chest for the first time in a very very long time for about 2 hours when I woke back up and put her in her crib. Sweet little Angel~

Sleep regressions here too 3:15, 7:20, 9 am wants to be UP! This from a baby who used to go from 1030 to 6 or 7 and then go back to sleep until 10 or 11 = Exhausted mama!!

I didn't get my period last month. So I got it in June and then not July. Not sure what that's about as pre-baby my o date would be random but I ALWAYS got AF?

We will be saving money now too Shel as we are funneling most of our savings into the new house. Steph we looked for about a month. We put in offers on two other places but other people put in cash offers or offers with no contingencies etc so we lost out. But this time we were successful! It is in one of the best school districts in MA so that is great for annelise. And after years of apartment living we will have a yard! The dog will be thrilled!! The search was exhausting. Going to home opens etc with baby in the sling and feeding her in the backseat of the car etc. she was a trooper though! Hopefully we will have closed by next Friday. I can hardly believe it!!

And forgot to reply about bf'ing that you asked about candy. Yep we are still bf'ing at night and pumping for bottles in the day. Supplementing with formula. Her new formula is organic and lactose free and her poops are way better on it. Runny like bf poop but not revolting poop water like they were on the hypoallergenic formula. And also not green and stinky like they were with her original formula. Her new meds (losec) is working so much better. It had prettying eliminated the screaming and crying during feeds and she is eating more now. She still spits up a lot but the losec makes it less acidic so it doesn't hurt her anymore. Our 4 month appt is on the 20th so we'll talk about solids with her then and maybe that will help the spitting and increase her weight gain. So overall things are improving. I am staying on the dairy soy free diet until ped appt and then we will decide what to do. Candy do you eat nuts? I eat a lot of nuts so I think that has helped stabilize my weight. I lost some for sure, but just all extra preg weight. Gotta go pump!

Steph its a world record attempt at the most women bfing in grouos around the world at the same time. We managed 19 at our group yesterday it was great fun and the lady who organised the event makes and sells teething necklaces and uses cloth nappies.... Im in love with her! ha x

Shell I think he hears us come in the room. He is such a light sleeper x

Kristabelle that is great news!! Im glad things are getting better for you both! Well here we are still on a dairy/soy free diet Im still dropping weight rapidly.. I can see every norning that Im thinner. Im getting stomach cramps and feeling sick every day all day now. But Ben is doing so well his poo is almost normal and he is gaining weight well so I dont want to stop feeding him. I think I need to decide what Im going to do because Im making myself really sick. I will see the dr during the week and see what they say. I really dont want to stop bfing :( x

Uh Oh Kristabelle....maybe BF and pumping plus supplementing is keeping AF kinda wacky atm???? If not then I am sure you and DH have had the talk about baby #2 and will be happy regardless. And CONGRATS on buying your house!!!

Lol Candy hopefully you will learn to be ninja like and sneak in that room quietly and dtd without little Benson hearing! lol

That's terrible candy! I am amazed your supply is not affected. You have to do what is best for both you and benson. You know I read that lactose is inflammatory so if the system is already inflamed la rose makes it worse. I wonder if your first period and the imbalance following it caused the inflammation and now that you have eliminated it its improving. Because his poo was fine before right? If so I would be surprised if it is a true milk protein allergy as you'd think that would have been there from the start. Somaybe its temporary? Anyway hope you work out a good solution for you both!

Yeah who knows what is going on with my period. But I know it's not baby no2 as we still haven't dtd!

Ive heard that some people get a warning period while breastfeeding. Its like a period not long after birth that warns you that you are fertile again now and then no more periods or very irregular periods until you finish bfing. It could be that for you Kristabelle? Im not sure if it was AF or not but things did go downhill as soon as my first period came so hopefully it is as you say xx

Im producing mega amounts of milk and I dont know why. The only thing I done differently lately is have a cheeky few sips of Aaron's beer. Its like the engorgment we got after birth. Hurts so badly!

Benson laughed loads yesterday. Before now we only had a few chuckles here and there but yesterday he was laughing his head off at Connie jumping out of random places at him it was so cute! We have our 4 month appointment on wednesday :D

shell I'm so sorry to hear about the money issues :( it's awful that Allen kept that from you, what a terrible way for you to find out as well - no diapers arriving is almost as heart breaking ;)

I have read through the rest but can't remember now what I read :wacko:

we're at Simons parents now so lots of family poking at Isabelle and, while I LOVEthat they get to see her, she gets so cross and grumpy with the constant being held etc. even simon has no sense when we are here, which bugs me so much. I'm exhausted after getting no sleep in the hotel we stayed in as I hated having her in the travel cot they provided so mainly had her in bed beside me, so I was uncomfortable and got no sleep!

on the plus side, the wedding we went to was AMAZING. had a great time :)

Sarah I loved the pics of you and your family on facebook. You all look so happy and lovely :) Hotel travel cots are crap. If you are travelling often it coukd be useful to buy a cheap one of your own. I had a cheap one which I kept at my dads house when we come to visit. It made everything much better. I get what you mean about hating everyone playing pass the parcel with the baby! I dont like it either. I mean I understand it but I dislike it...

Today my older babies were at a party so we went to visit Aarons nan as it had been her birthday and we had a few hours to kill. I dont know what to think at the moment. When we got there Aarons mum had given her a framed pic of Ben and Aaron together at the beach and she kept saying how she loved Ben and how he is her only great grandson taking lots of pics of him ect But she never takes pics of Con and Luke and hasnt asked for any. Aarons mum buys clothes which say I love my dad and has pics of Aaron and Ben but none of me Con and Luke and its just making me feel horrible. I dont want my 2 being left out and Im worried that it will cause my older kids to resent Benson if they feel like he is a favorite. Would you ladies feel the same way? I wonder if my past is just mKing me feel weird about this stuff :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->