April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Bahahahaha I freaking laughed so hard about your Man Boob! I could see him actually doing that!

Candy good luck hun! And honestly 4 isn't any worse than 3! You could do it!

Steph I was so pissed when she told me I was shaking and I told her she was a **** for ever giving MY baby something for no good reason and that she would lose business because I am going to tell everyone what a shitty thing she did to a fussy baby that probably just needed a good burp. My dear friend that referred her to us pulled her twins and she said she was going to tell other mom's about her because I am not the first mom to have trouble with her. I am very skeptical of people with Emme now and Allen knows exactly what to do and how I do it for her so i feel better that he keeps her. Sorry to go off on my long rant......that bitch just pisses me off even thinking about it.

nope nope nope!!! Having the coil has brought back painful child birthing memories.. no more babies here!!! DONE!! My goodness that wasn't a fun gyno trip! lol

I lied to Aaron and told him we have to hold off sex for upto 2 weeks hahahahaha!! We could do it right now if we wanted to but I don't want. It hurt I wont lie, but apparently it hurt me more because I have a funnel shape to my cervix probably due to giving birth they say, I'm glad it's done now though 5 years and then Aaron will get the snip! HA! I hit him a few times while I was feeling the crampy pains, he feels bad and promised me a massage tonight :D yay.

We are waiting for the results of Ben's lactose intollerence test now, should be a few days, if it comes back positive I'll have to stop BFing, if it's negative I can carry on BFing on the dairy/soy free diet. My tummy is flat!! I've lost all my baby weight and some.

Shell... holy shit that girl would have gotten a smack in the mouth!! I know with Benny the one time I gave him paracetamol (tylanol or w/e you call it) after his jabs he slept for ages, she obviously gave it to her to send her off to sleep so she didn't have to deal with it. Aaron once gave Ben infacol without asking me he only just got away with it since he's his dad, if anyone had medicated my kid without my permission I would be off my head angry!

I took Ben with me to court, I have not left him with anyone other than Aaron yet. Not ready to share him like that yet, my ex MIL was very invasive into my parenting and would give my children foods I hadnt weaned them on yet and make them sick, stuff like that. It has made me very untrusting to others I only trust a few people with my kids.

Oh dear Candy! I am sorry it hurt! My sister in law told me of the pain (tbh she is a wimp ) and how horrid it hurt for weeks after! I don't blame you in holding off from dtd! I use Emme as an excuse now lmao!!!!

Yeah apparently c u n t is a foul word and it gets bleeped out! I was pissed I knew something was wrong when I picked her up as Emme is usually easy to wake and she was out of it!! Your right as her Dad Allen has that call but he won't do it unless I tell him to as he don't want to destroy her liver for no reason! He is so anti meds if he can get away with it.

Sarah, right now my dad watches Grayson twice a week and I have a German friend, that watches him 3 times a week. We just interviewed another lady, that runs a "home day care" and we may end up splitting the time between her and our German friend. It will still end up costing us around $1000/month, but I know Grayson will get all the attention he deserves.

How crazy is it that $1,000 a month actually doesn't seem that bad for childcare compared to prices in Toronto?! It's hard to find anything under $1,500 for 5 days a week. :wacko: We won't need to put Peter into daycare until September 2014, but I am completely dreading having to research different places...

Afm: dinner out without Isabelle for the first time tonight. it wasn't as horrific as I thought, but she still is a bottle refuser so I was jus worried about her ending up hungry and overly upset. But since we were only gone two hours....she was fine!!

I'm glad that you and Simon managed to get out for a nice wedding anniversary dinner!! (and especially glad that you came home to happy little madam as well!) Adam and I are going to try dinner and a movie tomorrow night for our second time of both being away from Peter and I'm a little paranoid about it, but I know he eats just fine from a bottle so there really shouldn't be any problem with it.

I think Jake is hitting the teething stage as well since he's decided that once in a while he will take a pacifier and GNAW the crap out of it :baby: and then spit it out again. He's also been rubbing at his mouth and just under his nose with vigor at times and he'll chomp down on my finger if I'm tickling his cheeks. Fortunately there aren't any teeth in there yet! Not so much drool, thank goodness, but now that I've said that he will turn into a baby fountain :nope:

I really can't tell if Peter is starting to teeth or not! He is certainly a drooling machine and everything that he can manage to grab onto goes into the mouth immediately! He's taken to chomping on our hands and fingers quite a bit recently but I have no idea what to think. Hopefully Jake doesn't have too much trouble with it if he has started already!

AFM: pretty good weekend. Did some house hunting with no success lol. Went to babysrus for some teething rings and walked out with clothes, a play mat, books, toys , and 3 different teething rings :rofl:. BUT in my defense, most of it my mom bought him lol. Grayson still prefers to chew on my fingers over the rings, but as soon as a little tooth pops out, that will need to change :haha:

It's dangerous going shopping for baby items sometimes! lol It seems like everytime we go shopping for *anything* we end up with more stuff for Peter! He got lots of lovely gifts this weekend for baptism gifts, so hopefully we can refrain from buying him anything for a while! Are you looking for a house in the same area that you're in now?? Hopefully you manage to find something that you like soon. I can't wait till Adam and I can go house hunting, but it wont be for a few years yet still. :nope:

nope nope nope!!! Having the coil has brought back painful child birthing memories.. no more babies here!!! DONE!! My goodness that wasn't a fun gyno trip! lol

We are waiting for the results of Ben's lactose intollerence test now, should be a few days, if it comes back positive I'll have to stop BFing, if it's negative I can carry on BFing on the dairy/soy free diet. My tummy is flat!! I've lost all my baby weight and some.

All these horror stories about how much the coil hurts means I have zero interest in EVER getting that done! :nope: I don't really want to go back onto BCP either though, but if it's going to be a few years before we can try again, then maybe I will. I have no idea what I want to do about it to be honest! :shrug:

Afm, the family is all gone and silence has descended on our household again! :thumbup: It was lovely having everyone here to celebrate with Peter, but it's also really nice to be back to normal again. Peter got lots of lovely gifts that we had to try and find a home for and I'm already dreading what it's going to be like at Christmas! :dohh: The service went very well and Peter got to spend some quality time with his grandparents and great grams as well.

I've attached a pic of him in his christening gown--it's been used in Adam's family for over 100 years! Peter is the 22nd child and the 4th generation to be baptised in it.

Peter still has his cold too... although its much better! Now that everyone is gone home again the little boy needs a good long sleep tonight!

Attachments

• baptism gown.jpg
    baptism gown.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 4
wow Sarah that baptism dress is amazing and for all those babies it truely is special. He looks beautiful in it Im glad to hear he is feeling better hopefully in a day or so it will be gone completely. Ive heard the other ladies who got the coil say it didnt hurt so its lrobably just me being a wimp it was just when she put this rod thriugh my cervix it felt really pinchy but it was over in seconds. Im glad I had it done because Im a bitch on the pill and Lucas is a BCP baby lol. Im sure there are other methods just as effective. Ive heard the depo shots are the best or the little rod that goes in your arm but I dont like that you can feel it and see it lol x

I just had a huge cloth nappy tantrum at 5am! I'm not sure if the hormones from the Mirena are making me more stressed but I was not in a good mood to find that Ben's night nappy had leaked all up his side and over the bed sheets. This happens to us A LOT, Ben is a heavy wetter and his poo is like water too so we often get leaks. Tonight as I put my arm over him and felt the familiar wetness I felt angry that once again I have to get up change him and our sheets, we are replacing our bed sheets once every day or 2!!
So... up I get, eyes barely staying open, put him on the changing mat, which he isn't impressed with because he's still asleep too, fish out a clean sleep suit and nappy, take his clothes and nappy off and clean him up, as I reach for the new nappy he begins to pee all over himself! so I clean him up again and put the new nappy under him, as I'm lifting his bum to slide it under he sneezes............... do I need to say what happened because I bet you all can guess! SHIT FLIES OUT!!! Hits my leg and the carpet half way across the fucking room!! At this point Aaron sneaks quietly out of the door to work, wanker!!
SO here comes new nappy number 2, a lovely bamboo one with charcoal insert! THIS will keep him dry!!! He poos... and I'm not talking a little bit I'm talking shit flying out of his bum like pee... So I reach for the third nappy and he spits up copious amounts of his recent feed all in his hair round his neck fat and down to his back...
Here I am spit up cloth wiping the spit up, wet wipe wipign the shit, needing a pee really badly myself at this point considering jsut peeing on myself as Ben has already crossed that barrier and pooed on me too! I get the third nappy on him!! Hoooraayy!! Cursing cloth nappies as I go, threatening to put pampers back on at night.. Get his new sleep suit on him and the end goal is in site, then he spits up again... a lot.... sigh!

I'm so fed up with these leaks!! I am doing everything they say I should do and he's still leaking and I know why! He's a heavy wetter, I read on another mums blog that her baby was the same so she put a wrap over the pocket nappy and it was virtually bullet proof, that is my plan for tomorrow night! Any other suggestions are very welcome! xx

I will get back on here later to catch up properly but...

Candy, you had me :rofl: with your story!!! Im sure, you were nowhere near as amused (rightfully so)... But I can visualize Aaron slowly sneaking out behind you :haha:

Candy: tbh I wouldn't use a pocket at night as I don't think that they are the most absorbent type of nappy. I would suggest (now this will make his butt totally enormous!) a fitted nappy, boosted with bamboo, then another booster between the fitted nappy and the wrap. That's what I currently use and, since every part of the nappy is absorbent, it lasts us up to 13 hours (last night). Or, you could maybe try two Terry's together with a booster between them. I think something that is absorbent the whole way around is the way to go - most specific night nappies are fitteds. Pockets, even heavily boosted, just don't have the capacity. But it'll be trial and error as you know!! Sorry to hear about you crappy night though.
And sorry to hear the mirena wasn't pleasant. But I agree that you need some time, once Ben is bigger, to get back to being you :) Aaron probably doesn't understand how you've given up your whole self since connie was born.

Sarah: so lovely to see Peter in his christening gown, thanks for the pic. I'm glad you had a great time, but whoa peters cold has lasted a while!! I hope he is all better soon. Enjoy your date with Adam tonight :)

Steph: don't give the babies any ideas about just letting milk squirt into their mouths! It'll make them even lazier ;)

Shell: I actually can't believe the babysitter drugged Emme up like that!!! I'm glad you spread the word about her, that's just totally unacceptable.

So, the last two nights Isabelle has been in bed super early for her, by 7.30pm. Both nights she didnt want a nappy between 5 and 6, so she powered through until we ate dinner and she had a quick bedtime routine, and then boob and bed. Only problem is because she's been so tired she has hardly eaten anything, so woke up earlier.
In fact, she hardly ate anything at all today. She had such a sleepy day, wasnt awake for more than 1.5hrs (until her 3hr marathon before bed!) and was just sleepy and dopey all day - and yesterday too. I read that it's a sign of this leap. Only 3.5 more weeks on that one!!

Thank you for the advice Sarah. I shall give your suggestions a go and hopefully no leaks! This evening I used a tots bots aio which was bamboo lined with the fold in insert and an extra bamboo booster then I threw on a wrap for extra protection. Ive just done his 5am nappy and it stunk haha!! His pee smells really strong lately. But only a small leak around the leg nothing major. so now Ive changed to a GroVia aio with a wrap and booster. It was the last nappy in the box as his others are still drying. I waa looking at that fluff heaven site and it looks amazing. I love the blueberry prints I feel another shop coming on !!!! :p xx

Sarah that's great advice on layering!
I always wonder how to layer a nappy. Dennis is peeing a lot more during day than he does during night so it's ok, I just change the nappy often. But for a long drive or a long midday nap I'd love to layer and boost better.

I never had a poopy leak with cloth btw! With disposables it is hit or miss, the other day he did a poopxplosion and it was a big mess, he was with daddy and they were both panicking lol!
Mommy and cloth saved the day :)

Yay so excited to tell you ladies that I only needed one class before I could apply to the LPN program!!! Woooohooo I am pretty excited. I have a pretty good schedule I go Tuesday-Thurs full time then and hour and a half on friday. So we found an amazing woman who does in home care with excellent references and she has been doing it for over 30 Years so I am very happy! After completing my PN I am going bridge over to my RN. I have a pretty big plan in mind about being a Midwife but I want to work in L&D for awhile before I do. These are my plans and Allen is on board so hopefully I can get my goals accomplished in reality like they are in my head.

Have been reading but no chance to post. But just wanted to tell you candy, I know they are not fancy but bummis pull ons are amazing for leak prevention. Annelise's poo is runny and sometimes escapes her fitted but never escapes her puffy pants! Plus the puff makes them fit over everything but easily squishes u set clothes as there is no actual bulk. They really are good!

Sarah that's great advice on layering!
I always wonder how to layer a nappy. Dennis is peeing a lot more during day than he does during night so it's ok, I just change the nappy often. But for a long drive or a long midday nap I'd love to layer and boost better.

I never had a poopy leak with cloth btw! With disposables it is hit or miss, the other day he did a poopxplosion and it was a big mess, he was with daddy and they were both panicking lol!
Mommy and cloth saved the day :)

I've only had one problem with an exploding poo out of a (cloth) nappy and it was a Little Lamb pocket! Because they just don't fit as snugly as other nappies we stood no chance against that poop!
I always use a fitted nappy for Izzy's morning nap, boosted with a bamboo booster. Her nap is pretty short so I could probably get away with anything, but just to be on the safe side!

Candy, I don't change Izzy at night anymore and omg you can SMELL HER in the morning when we wake up! She stinks! Simon was lying in bed the other morning going "what is that fish smell?" and it was her nappy! I was so worried about it, but a girl in natural parenting put it this way - if i peed in a tub and closed it over, then opened it to pee and continued doing that for 12 hours, it would stink too! :haha:

Shell :happydance: I'm so happy that everything is coming together well for your studying! That's wonderful news! And great about the woman who does daycare, it will be such a weight off your mind knowing Emme is being well cared for and you can relax and get on with your work.

Kirsty: are they the wrap you had on Annelise in the picture on FB?

So, I'm sure I mentioned that I am now going to be working with the cloth nappy library in NI, myself and another girl (who is actually in my bf group) will be covering our local area. We have to go for a get together "training day" next month...guess where it's being held?

In the offices at Fluff Heaven/Baba Me the cd shop!! I CAN'T WAIT! I know Maebh will give us discount if we want to buy anything when we are down there too! :happydance: I'M SO EXCITED. It's very pathetic!

Isabelle's routine seems to be changing. The last 3 nights she has been in bed by 7.30pm. She just can't go any later than that anymore, even if she has her normal nap around 5.30pm. She has been so sleepy this week so i don't know if she will perk up again at some point (I'm convinced it's leap related) or if this is her new routine, but last night and tonight we were getting her ready for bed and by 7pm she was SCREAMING because she was so exhausted, but we weren't prepared as she usually goes much later than that. It's a shitty time for her routine to change because we are going away on Friday.

Sorry izzy's schedule is changing! Annelise no longer really STTN as I started waking her for a feed so that she would eat more and she decided that was a great idea and now always wakes then even if I don't wake her.

Yes the puffy pants are the ones that look like the old style vinyl pants but now they are made with PUL and actually come in colors now. I have four pairs now... Actually I have five ha ha!

And that is great about school shel! And I was so sad to hear about you and rob steph! Sorry have been a crap poster but things are crazy here. We have almost bought a house! Closing in ten days if all goes well!! How we are going to pack I have no clue. But this is our first house so we are really excited!!!!

Shell, that is amazing news about school and finding a good sitter!!! Having someone reliable to watch LO is sooo important! And being a midwife is such a great idea!!!!:thumbup:

Sarah, I have noticed the same schedule change here! Grayson used to go to bed between 9 and 10. Over the past two days, it has gotten sooner and sooner. Tonight he barely made it to 7pm. My nanny did tell me, that he is barely sleeping during the day anymore. :shrug:. I think this may be a new trend.

Kristy, your closing in 10 days, and you have an infant, and you are not going crazy?!?! I'm impressed! How long did you guys look, before finding this house? Massive congrats!! How super exciting!
Rob and I are... Well we just are lol. I don't know what will happen, but for now, we just don't talk about it :shrug:
He still is amazing with Grayson, so I can't complain. I did have a few choice words for him the other night, when I gave him the baby and he decided to play on his phone, while holding the paci in Grayson's mouth :growlmad:.

As I mentioned before, I was trying to find full time daycare for Grayson, because my dad is leaving for bora bora for 5 weeks. Well the women that has been watching him the other 3 days a week is amazing!! I feel so comfortable with Grayson being there and love her... But... I pay her $90/day :shock: and I can't afford that rate full time. :nope:. I made her the offer last week, that I can only afford $1000/month ($50/day) and that I would still be overjoyed, if she would consider. Today she i formed me, that she will do it full time (because she really likes me and loves Grayson!!! I'm so excited!!!!

Vent:

As I just got done typing about how good Rob is with the baby, he goes to inform me that he's not working tomorrow. So I called my dad (who is supposed to watch him), and told him not to worry. Makes sense right?!? His father should want to spend the day with him and not expect someone else to do it right?!?! Wrong!!!! He wanted to go fishing :growlmad:!! All day!!! When I told him that that really wasn't an option his response was: "god forbid I'd have a little fun!" Wtf??!!?? I told him off and advised, that he can go fishing all weekend when I'm home to watch the baby... Not when we are relying on other people!!

I am fuming mad!!!!!!! Why would you expect someone else to watch your kid, when you already never see him (because of work)???
Ugh grrr :growlmad:

Sarah: I hope Izzy gets herself sorted out before you leave on your trip! I know even having visitors here for the weekend, who weren't even staying with us, totally threw off Peter's routine and days later we're still paying for it as he tries to catch on up on sleep! I'm sure guys will have a fabulous time away though!!

Shel: That's great news about the nursing program! I'm glad that Allen is behind you for it too, that always makes it easier!! How will your school plans affect Allen's desire for another baby? I know that DH and I would like to have two more eventually, but if I start teachers college next September (2014) then we can't start trying for another 2.5 years or so, because it's a 2 year program. It will make Peter's sibling further away in age then we would have originally liked, but that's the way it'll have to be if I want to continue with school!

Steph: Men are stupid sometimes! I'll be going away for the weekend with Peter to my parents house for a family reunion this weekend, and Adam can't join us because he has to work on Saturday and Monday (holiday Monday here) and he can't/isn't willing to give those shifts up. So he won't see Peter from 8:30am Friday morning till 6:00pmish on Monday evening--and I had to TELL HIM that tonight he was spending the evening with Peter... he tried to pretend that he was going to anyway, but I know he wasn't. :growlmad: I've never been away from Peter for more than 4-5 hours, and Adam won't see Peter for basically 3 days and 3 nights. You'd think he would want to spend as much time with him before then as he could! :dohh:

Afm, not too much new. Adam and I had a nice night out yesterday. We went to see Despicable Me 2 and I thought it was pretty hilarious! I know, I know... I'm such a child! lol I just love animated movies! :happydance: Anyway, Peter has still got the sniffles and now I'm starting to wonder if it's just a cold or if it is the start of teething, because a stuffed up nose is a teething sign and it doesn't seem to want to go away! (Peter doesn't really seem bothered by it for the most part.) :shrug:

Also, I registered for a free baby food workshop the second week of August. I'm really looking forward to what they have to say about making and storing baby food etc. I have a baby bullet and I'm really excited about making my own baby food, but I want to make sure I don't start too early... So Peter will be a few days off 4 months when I get to go to the class, so it will be a good way to get myself fully informed about when we want to start Peter on some solids and how to tell when he's ready.

Shell Im going into nursing too.. I already have a few qualifications but Im looking at end of life care. Im not sure why but medicine and looking after people interests me. I will probably cry when my patients die though. Im so emo haha. Being a midwife would be such a great job! I didnt want to work with babies or children because with the good comes the bad and if I saw a child die or extremely unwell it would break my heart and I would never be able to let my children leave my side. Thats why I work with the oldies they have had full lives and ready to go and they chat shit all day long like me haha xx You will be a great nurse!! xx

Kristabelle thank you for the recommendation of bummis I will look them up! Ive also heard that weenotions night notions are the nappy to go to for heavy wetters. How is Anna and her tummy now? are you still bfing? We have been given hypoallergenic formula but I dont know what I want to do yet. Im dropping weight rapidly on this no dairy and soy diet Im starting to worry about my health. Im back to my pre Connie weight and size 8 in jeans I dont know the US size lol.

I will have to finish typing later Bens having a huge tantrum because I dared to focus my attention on anything other than him!

right.. retry... lol. Ive been nursing him to sleep and I think Ive made a rod for my own back lol.

Sarah When Lucas was a baby he used to go to bed at 5:30pm. I tried hard to keep him awake longer but he just couldnt do it. He went to bed at that time everyday until he was about 2 or 3! its lucky for you! xx

Readytomum Im so jealous!! I want to see dispicable me so badly but babies cant go in and baby cinema doesnt screen it yet hopefully they will over summer holidays so Con and Luke can come too.

Steph thats great news about the babysitter!! hooooraaaahhh!! Rob is such a willy!! Dont stress though let gim do what he wants I learned with my children you cant make a dad be what you want an if he fails then it will be the kids who loose interest. I see it with Con and Luje when their dad puts others before them the next time he talks to them they dont want to listen. I think Rob is having a hyge long man sulk. xxx

Well Ben is finally asleep. He only rolled the once and hasnt done it again since. I put him on his mat and he just chills out on his back. Aaron thinks he's too fat to roll haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->