April Raindrops 2016

My father had three girls :haha: We drove him mad of course. He was clearly jealous when my mother (who was divorced from him) had a son with her at that moment boyfriend. Sorry dad but no boys for you!

Congratulations to everybody else with their gender announcements 🙂 We found out a couple of days ago that we're having a baby girl!

I'll soon have three girls : 6,4 and newborn by the time F arrives. Everyone has already said they'll pity me for when they are teens haha!

Hey ladies!

What a funny and lively discussion! It's been a couple of days since I've found out the gender so I'm feeling more at peace about being the only girl in my family now! I really somehow thought I was expecting a girl cos I had a crazy first trimester with bad MS - something I didn't experience with my first 2 boys.

And both hub and I come from families with even number of boys and girls (2 girls, 2 boys for my family and 1 boy and 1 girl for his family).

Having said that, I think the 3 boys are going to have a whale of a time together. And I have to agree with you all, I'd rather have a house full of boys than a house full of girls! :haha:

My older sis and I fought SO much those growing up years and unfortunately we have also lost contact with each other now that we're grown up.

I don't know if we'd ever go for a 4th. So I think I need to reconcile with myself that there's a possibility of not ever having a girl, if we do stop at 3. Funnily enough, I seem to know quite a number of women who have 3 boys / pregnant with their 3rd boy, so that helps with the process of working through my emotions.

I definitely did not take into account when a bunch of girls would then all be teenagers at the same time....sounds horrific lol!! They're probably more expensive too. We'll be having at least one more child together after this baby so it will be interesting to see which dynamic we'll be experiencing!!

Hey ladies!

What a funny and lively discussion! It's been a couple of days since I've found out the gender so I'm feeling more at peace about being the only girl in my family now! I really somehow thought I was expecting a girl cos I had a crazy first trimester with bad MS - something I didn't experience with my first 2 boys.

And both hub and I come from families with even number of boys and girls (2 girls, 2 boys for my family and 1 boy and 1 girl for his family).

Having said that, I think the 3 boys are going to have a whale of a time together. And I have to agree with you all, I'd rather have a house full of boys than a house full of girls! :haha:

My older sis and I fought SO much those growing up years and unfortunately we have also lost contact with each other now that we're grown up.

I don't know if we'd ever go for a 4th. So I think I need to reconcile with myself that there's a possibility of not ever having a girl, if we do stop at 3. Funnily enough, I seem to know quite a number of women who have 3 boys / pregnant with their 3rd boy, so that helps with the process of working through my emotions.
I have 3 boys. They are great, they argue and carry on sometimes but most of the time they get on really well. Im one of 4 girls and 1 boy. Luckily though theres a bit of a gap between oldest and youngest child so my mum only had to deal with my older sister and i being teens at the same time and we were awful teenagers :haha: i also don't have much to do with my big sister.
This bub was a surprise, and its so weird being team pink this time lol

I had my mw appt today and last appt i was measuring 2 weeks ahead ( 21 weeks at 19 weeks ) and this time im measuring right on track again at 23 weeks which im so happy about.
Have to have GD glucose test in 3 weeks and apparently my hospital doesn't offer the 1 hour test any more it's straight onto the 2 hour test. Does any one know what that involves?

i have my glucose test on the 21st. i am NOT looking forward to it, blech!

I cant do mine until 28 weeks. Im so scared. I did it at 12 weeks and the cut off was 130. My score was 130 lol

So not looking fwd to the glucose test. With my first I failed the first time by a couple of points, so had to do the second test. I almost threw up at the end of the test and during the test ended up having to lie down.

Do you not do the test they make you drink the awful lucozade? I have to do mine at 28 weeks X

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/a1483/glucose-tolerance-test

I didn't last time no and MW hasn't mentioned it this time either? is every pregnant woman supposed to do it? I'll ask her when I see her in Jan, she's mentioned anti d and whooping cough but definitely no glucose ! x

I don't think it's standard here unless required? I never had it with my first two and it's never been mentioned this time round. I see the MW at 24 weeks ish and again at 32 weeks I think.

My tiredness has returned this week. I did the school run this morning and then slept for 3 (!!!!) hours.

It's standard in the us. Gestational diabetes can cause a lot of harm if not caught early enough

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->