April Raindrops 2016

Me too! We can be test buddies. Although I'm going to ask if I can do it on Friday instead of my appt on Monday. If I get blood drawn and the rush up to my appt (at 8:30 am) I will be hungry, dehydrated and rushed which is going to skyrocket my BP. Happened last time. I went in the next day to get my BP retaken and it was way lower.

i have my glucose test on the 21st. i am NOT looking forward to it, blech!

i have my 24 week appt, then the glucose test directly after, so i won't have to worry about my BP. i have low-ish BP anyway - it's usually 90/65, and the highest it ever got when i was 9 months pregnant with my son was 130/70. same with my mom too.

but i really despise the orange drink, blech! it didn't make me vomit, but i felt icky for the entire hour of the test :(

I'm doing my glucose test on 22nd Dec. Not looking forward to it either, but it's quite a standard test here in germany. You're given a choice of 1-hr or 2-hr test. 2-hr test is more conclusive though, that's why I'm going for it. I do hope to be given the all clear, cos I'm flying to London for the Christmas holidays on the 23rd and hope to be able to eat my heart out!

Ahhhh yes it's not standard here. I think you're given it if you have a higher bmi or have had it in the past, have a family history etc.

I'm feeling very pregnant now. Already waddling thanks to my dodgy pelvis!

Hi there girls :hi:

I hope everyone is well and had a great week. Doesn't it feel like time is flying along in the lead up to Christmas? :xmas9:

Not much to report with me. Feeling super tired and lethargic, but my toddler has been unwell all week and not sleeping well at night because of a nasty cough, so I think minimal sleep is making me feel knackered.

Have a great weekend all xx

Just a quick update. I have to return to work for a bit over 3 weeks so CSST will then cover my paychecks until birth. My workplace was hoping to just throw me on it but CSST was having none of it seeing that I was not in any "danger". It sucks that I'll have to go into work after being off for a whole month but I can't complain since I won't be working that long anyway.

Once I'm 24 weeks, CSST should cover me no problem :)

20+3 days today, first day of work tomorrow!

I can't remember if I updated about my 3 hour glucose test...but I passed :happydance:
My next check up is Monday and my anatomy scan is Dec 23rd! I cant wait to see our little man again! <3

Good luck to all the upcoming glucose tests! A little tip, if you can, walk around between blood draws, it helps your body process the glucose and you wont feel as crappy and it'll help it be more accurate instead of just sitting and waiting as your numbers will be higher :) (i learned that walking helps lower blood sugar in my last pregnancy as I had GD)

I can't remember if I updated about my 3 hour glucose test...but I passed :happydance:
My next check up is Monday and my anatomy scan is Dec 23rd! I cant wait to see our little man again! <3

Good luck to all the upcoming glucose tests! A little tip, if you can, walk around between blood draws, it helps your body process the glucose and you wont feel as crappy and it'll help it be more accurate instead of just sitting and waiting as your numbers will be higher :) (i learned that walking helps lower blood sugar in my last pregnancy as I had GD)
Awesome news! And good tip :)

I've heard about that too... walking around would help with the sugar results. And IRL, we don't just sit around and do nothing whenever we eat something with sugar. So the body is used to process sugar better when we are moving and not when we are sedentary.

I'm not allowed to move during the test

what?? so weird!!! last time i had my glucose done, i sat in the lobby and drank the orange stuff. when it was done, i just came back when it was time for blood draws. i walked all over the place because i didn't want to sit there bored! i wonder why they don't allow you to move? have you asked them?

We can only use the restroom during the test. I'm hoping my one hour turns out well.

What boy names have people chosen?? I'm sooo stuck

We cant walk because it affects the results lol they want to test resting. I scheduled the kids doc appointments during 1 hour test (same office just down the hall) and they didn't want to let me take them. I had to convince them.

My DS1 is Jackson Wayne (Wayne is his fathers middle name too)
DS2 will be Lincoln Trace (Trace is my fathers name)

Boy names are hard!

Congrats on all the good glucose tests!

EmmyReece-- I saw that you're having a girl congratulations. We're both friends with Laura. Can't believe Eden will be here anytime!

We finally decided on a girls name it is Kenna Paige. Celebrating 24 weeks today!

Lovely names already picked out :)

We have picked Erynne for a girl..hardest choice for us as we couldnt agree on anything.

We picked Dylan for a boy, I've wanted that for a boy since I was a teenager! Never had the chance to use it yet mind.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->