April Raindrops 2016

Hi girls :hi:

Happy V Day to you ladies :)

Sorry to hear about your GD Cheerios :( I haven't done my glucose test yet.

Had my growth scan at the hospital yesterday. All is going well in there with the babies . Baby girl was measuring 24w2d and weighed 1.5 lbs. Baby boy was measuring 25w3d and weighed 1.8 lbs. There was some discrepancy with the length of my cervix, it seems it may have shortened from 4cm to 3cm in the past 5 weeks. Apparently 2.5cm is when it becomes a concern, which is only 0.5cm away. Going to talk with my obstetrician about it this Friday when I see him. Both babies are so adorable and I seriously can't wait to meet them! Eeeeeekkkk! :oneofeach: xx

Cheerios, I've been diagnosed with GD as well, I was tested at 13 weeks so getting kinda used to it now. Ask me any questions you may have :)

Hey ladies

I keep getting on and off period sort of cramps, when they come they do feel quiet strong all around my lower abdomen and lower back as well as legs. It only lasts for a few mins and then disappears do you think this could be braxton hicks? My tummy isn't really going hard or tight but both times it happened whilst driving so I'm not sure :/

I did a lot of walking around and shopping yesterday's so not sure if that's somehow triggered it. Early in this pregnancy I use to get period like strong cramps but after getting checked out it was put down to stretching pains. Could it be the same thing now?

If it gets worse I will ring up the hospital for advice definitely

Babyjan I was about to come on here and ask a similar question. I woke up in the night to tummy cramps. I wondered whether i'd end up with an upset tummy but nope. Still happening today. Wondering if it's BHs?? xx

Kind of sounds like stretching more than BH's, but if it continues or gets more painful I would definitely phone the doctor.

Bh aren't really painful. Well aren't supposed to be. When I get them they make my tummy tight and I feel really full and breathless. But then they go away.

That being said they CAN be painful to some people. But if you can time them and they are consistent I would go get checked.

Whatever it was has calmed down now, I think it may have been BH's along with burning ribs so seemed a lot more painful. I'm definitely getting short of breath now my uterus is higher!

Good thing they calmed down! I have already had a contraction scare on the 30th. It happened when I was driving in the rain on the high way about 2.5 hours from home so it was pretty scary. Luckily the closer I got to home, they started to ease up and by the time I was home and near my hospital they had stopped completely.

I've had a couple of crampy BH, but nothing that was consistent, just one here or there. I am definitely feeling them more with this pregnancy than my first and they seem to always affect my lungs when I get one. Most of the time I feel in my lungs before I notice my belly getting hard.

i never had BH with my son, and i haven't so far with this one. i'm so curious as to what they feel like!

Yeah thankfully they've calm down a lot. It was just really worrying have strong period like pains!

Since getting pregnant I've been dealing with constant nose bleeds! Every morning I wake up and blow my nose to find dried blood sometimes watery. My gums bleed a lot too

babyjan, my gums bleed HORRIBLY. my dentist called it "gestational gingivitis," lol! he said it's so common and will go away. but i dread brushing my teeth and spitting out a mouth full of toothpaste and blood. ick ick ick!

I don't think I've ever felt BH either... don't recall feeling them in my previous pregnancies.

It's like how I don't know what heartburn feels like, never experienced that in my life either. Thankfully, sounds like torture!

you're so lucky about the heartburn!! i have GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) because of my crohn's. it's terrible. when i first got it, i thought i was having a heart attack because of the chest pains. thankfully because my crohn's is in remission, my GERD is also, but when i'm pregnant the heartburn gets pretty rough. but...i'd take heartburn all day, every day if it meant a healthy baby!! :)

It sounds awful!

I'm such a wimp, I think I'd think I was dying if I suddenly experienced it :rofl:

babyjan, my gums bleed HORRIBLY. my dentist called it "gestational gingivitis," lol! he said it's so common and will go away. but i dread brushing my teeth and spitting out a mouth full of toothpaste and blood. ick ick ick!

Urgh yeah I wake up every morning spitting blood! And always at its worse when brushing my teeth yuck!

Heartburn is horrendous! With my first I got it bad and so far I'm getting mild form but I'm thinking it may get worse the further along I get!

27 weeks and third tri tomorrow! Well in 15 mins for me UK time :)

Heartburn is the worse. The acid literally destroyed my vocal chords in J's pregnancy :nope:.

Happy third tri babyjan! woo xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->