April Raindrops 2016

Anyone else finding it difficult to carry their LO's around. My DS3 is 20 months in 2 weeks and hes just over 12 kg. Hes very tall and it hurts of i carry him too long. I feel bad, we sit on the couch together and have snuggles etc but getting him out of his cot etc is getting hard.

I wouldn't feel bad. You're pregnant so it's only normal to be more limited. I can't even stand for 10-15 minutes before my leg being in great pain. :( My uterus is laying right on a nerve so after a while it feels like electrical shocks going through my outer thigh but only on my right leg!

I wouldn't feel bad. Unless there's a reason why he can't walk about then I think getting him used to not being carried all the time is probably a wise idea.

My son is 15 months old today. It's definitely getting harder to carry or hold him for long periods of time. Yesterday I stood in a customer service line for 15 minutes waiting to a paybill, only to find out I couldn't pay it with my bank card in the store. Was sore and very angry after holding my son that entire time.

My son will be 3 on April 30th. He is 38 inches tall and weighs 35 pounds, and we live in a 3rd floor walk-up. He's decided that under no circumstances will he walk up or down the stairs anymore. He HAS to be carried, or a crying fit ensues. I know it's a stage, but it's getting difficult. I'm just assuming it's my exercise for the day, lol!

Gah! 28 weeks today. Feel like this pregnancy is FLYING! I have my 28 week appt on Monday, when I'll get my Rhogham Anti-D shot, and then I'll start going every 2 weeks. How did this happen so quickly???? I have no purchased one.single.thing. Eeeeep!

Its getting hard carrying my son as well I can for short periods, but he puts pressure in my belly and makes it hard to breathe sometimes. I was having a hard time laying him in his crib too because my belly would get squished every time I laid him down. So at Christmas we got him a toddler bed to sleep in and it has helped a lot! This pregnancy seems to be flying by its hard for me to believe I'm in third trimester already!

My son is older so don't really carry him about. Sometimes he does say his tired when we are outside but I've explained to him that mummy can't pick him up. If he falls asleep in the car I have to get OH to come out because we've moved to a 2nd floor flat with no lift :|

Around 12 weeks we went out to play area with family and their kids and he wasn't feeling 100% he wanted to be picked up as I let my sister inlaw younger daughter use his stroller that forget theirs at home and I picked him as he was crying a lot! That was sooo uncomfortable for me!

Even now I carry him within the house at times and end up with lower back ache!

Anyone else thinking about the birth? I originally wanted to try natural birth after getting induced and getting epidural last time but the more I think about it the more I think I really don't think I'd be able to cope :/

My boys (2 and 3) still want to be picked up and about half the mornings I have to carry my kicking and crying 2 year old out to the car and wrestle him into his seat because he hates mornings and I've upset him by getting him dressed for daycare.

Then when we get to daycare, half the time I have to carry him from the car or he won't move, the same to get him into the car after daycare. It's such a work out. I swear my waters are going to break lifting him, when it does happen.

I changed his crib to a toddler bed a month ago because getting him in and out wasn't working anymore. I figured besides being uncomfortable for me, it would give him time to adjust before the twins get here. He's doing much better this time around (I tried when he was 18 months and he wouldn't stay in bed). It took him a few weeks this time, but now he's good.

Passed my 1 hour GTT, so bring on the ice cream! :) I'm ready/not ready for the twins to get here already. I can't believe they still have 3 more months (Though probably less? Still confused on what the practice is going to do after 37 weeks). But ready for my belly to not be sore and to be able to breath again, but not ready for maternity leave yet, and I want them to mature a lot more first.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend :)

26 week bump :

https://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz75/Natasha2605/2FE29E77-EA2A-4C0B-B37B-34F85D92E262_zpsvaqsa6k2.jpg

Cute bump Natasha and happy 26 weeks!

So I caught a cold or flu I don't know... My joints kinda hurt but I don't have a fever which makes me think it isn't the flu! I'm kinda scared as I just read on baby centre how dangerous a flu can be on the baby?

Any safe remedies for a cold? Sore throat, blocked/runny nose, headache and loss of appetite at the moment :(

I've had a few colds and sadly pharmacists didn't want to recommend anything :/ So what helped was orange juice, vitamin C, Halls cough drops and vicks vapo rub.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend :)

26 week bump :

https://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz75/Natasha2605/2FE29E77-EA2A-4C0B-B37B-34F85D92E262_zpsvaqsa6k2.jpg

You look adorable!! We're due date twins!!

Cute bump Natasha and happy 26 weeks!

So I caught a cold or flu I don't know... My joints kinda hurt but I don't have a fever which makes me think it isn't the flu! I'm kinda scared as I just read on baby centre how dangerous a flu can be on the baby?

Any safe remedies for a cold? Sore throat, blocked/runny nose, headache and loss of appetite at the moment :(
Paracetamol and lots of rest and fluids :) you can also try warm honey and lemon to drink.

Lovely bumps ladies.

I started off with a cold around New Years and had thought it was going away, but had come back over a week ago with a vengeance and the doctor put me on amoxicillin which is actually safer than over the counter meds.

29 weeks today :)

Happy 29 weeks!

I'm officially nesting. Absolutely loving clearing things out and organizing and cleaning :D.
Do keep getting out of breath and having to sit down though. Xx

Part of me wants to start nesting...then I remind myself we're (most likely) moving before baby gets here so its kinda pointless lol

We are putting off moving until a couple months after baby. OUr lease is up in April and Im due the end of april! No way Im going to pull that off.

I hated moving when 100% healthy and not pregnant when it was just my husband and I. When we bought this house I told him unless we win the lottery we are not moving after we have kids. I can't imagine what moving all the junk we currently have would be like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->