April Raindrops 2016

Welcome Kay and Faith! Lovely to have you join us!

I hope everyone is travelling well and your babies are all doing well.

AFM - I'm 27 weeks today! Yay for 3rd Trimester! :happydance: I'm sitting here having my 2 hour fasting glucose challenge test. That drink is serious horrid!

I'm finding it really hard to do a lot now in general, I feel really unwell most days now, nausea and feeling faint. I am having Braxton Hicks contractions 3-5 minutes apart every time I stand up or walk. They are very intense and radiate down my legs. When I lie down they settle down. Doctor said I need to try lying down regularly to make sure they do go away when I lie down, because if I don't lie down to check that they're going away, I may not know that I'm actually going into labour. The doctor said it's called an Irritable Uterus which is caused by the rapid growth it is going through, and the fact that I am now measuring full term so my uterus is being stretched beyond its normal capacity. Next growth scan is 6 days from now and then I have my appointment with my obstetrician the following morning. Hopefully the babies are doing really well.

Have a great weekend everyone xx

Welcome Kay and Faith! Lovely to have you join us!

I hope everyone is travelling well and your babies are all doing well.

AFM - I'm 27 weeks today! Yay for 3rd Trimester! :happydance: I'm sitting here having my 2 hour fasting glucose challenge test. That drink is serious horrid! I'm finding it really hard to do a lot now, I feel really unwell most days now, nausea and feeling faint. I am having Braxton Hicks contractions 3-5 minutes apart every time I stand up or walk. They are very intense and radiate down my legs. When I lie down they settle down. Doctor said I need to try lying down regularly to make sure they do go away when I lie down, because if I don't lie down to check that they're going away, I may not know that I'm actually going into labour. The doctor said it's called an Irritable Uterus which is caused by the rapid growth it is going through, and the fact that I am now measuring full term so my uterus is being stretched beyond its normal capacity. Next growth scan is 6 days from now and then I have my appointment with my obstetrician the following morning. Hopefully the babies are doing really well.

Have a great weekend everyone xx

I get all that yuck (BH, light headed, migraine, nauseous, etc) from the glucose test drink too! I found it eases up a little with some light walking as the mild exercise helps your body process the glucose faster. Hope you feel better soon!

Had an unscheduled dr appt today due to lots of pelvic pressure and braxton hicks since yesterday.
Doc thinks I overdid myself with housework and chasing my monster around on Tuesday so she said to drink extra water and put my feet up when I can.
Vag swab showed a bacteria imbalance (BV) secound bout of it this pregnancy, bleh. Got 7 days on Flagyl so no sex til i'm done. Hubs is bummed haha
On the bright side, I think some of the pressure yesterday was from Jaxson changing positions. From the slight change in bump position (tad bit higher) and feeling lots of kick up high now..i think he went from transverse to head down. Just about the same time his brother went head down and he stayed there til birth.

One of my apps says i'm in third tri now, but it seems a tad early. When are all you ladies counting 3rd tri?

i count third tri as 27 weeks. some say 28 weeks, but since i'll likely deliver a week early i'm saying 27 weeks, lol. can't believe i'm 29 weeks tomorrow. this pregnancy is flying for me. since it's my last, i want it to slow down!!! but at the same time, i want to see this little guy so bad!

Powell one of my apps also said I was in third tri at 26 weeks. I wanted to count it like that so badly but I just waited til 27 weeks to make it official lol.

I'm having a lot more BH too. They're now starting to include low back pain, and just getting a lot more uncomfortable, borderline painful, in general. I even get them when I'm laying down in bed so there's no relief there for me. But they're not becoming regular so that's keeping me from worrying too much about them.

Just feeling huge and uncomfortable in general and I'm really not even that big...yet!

Welcome faith and Kay!

I had a consultant appointment yesterday. Did a scan and baby is measuring a week ahead so looks like I can expect a 9lber again lol Also had a chance to discuss the birth and it'll be a section (aiming for 39 weeks but could be anywhere from 37 depending on my diabetes) unless I go into Labour naturally first and then I'll attempt a VBAC :)

Ugh, the glucose test seems to be really "yucky". I haven`t done one, is it really a thing or just if the DR suspects anything?

I am also having a BV for the 3rd time already. Jesus christ, i`m going nuts. I am going in for the test today, the simptoms are really getting worse with every day. The last test was in December, had a 5 day treatment and now the stupid thing is back.

It`s really driving me insane. But its the first time its really awful... might be because I am eating lots of sweets too :dohh:

Jonesbaby19 congrats for the 3rd trim. Hope its a smooth one :hugs:

I am also counting the 3rd trim from week 27, so I got one more week to go :happydance:

Also, I am feeling quite huge, back pain is now constant and sleeping seems to become more uncomfortable. Was thinking of trying to do a couple of exercises at home (although I am not supposed to as I have a placenta praevia marginalis - it almost covers my cervix -so doctor said no exercising). I am going to try at least a few yoga exercises for my back as the pain is hell.

Are you girls still working? Not sure how the laws are for most of you, in my country (Romania) we get to start the maternity leave at around 30 weeks. And I will be off until the baby turns 1 yo (then I need to return to work). You can stay home until the baby is 2 yo, but then the income is significantly lower. As far as I know, in most European countries at least, they don`t get to stay home with the baby that long.

Welcome Kay and faith :hi:

29 weeks today! Can't believe it's the big 30 next week :)

Happy third tri Jonesbaby x

Just got back from my 28 week appointment, I'm measuring a week ahead but not worried at this point. Had bloods done, mentioned the constant itching on my arms so she's going to get that checked with my bloods and noticed I had group b strep when i had a swab following my bleed. Hopefully i'll get away with not having it again and especially near labour. Don't fancy being on antibiotics during labour :-/

anyone had group b strep before? xx

They found group b strep in my booking in wee so I will be having IV antibiotics in labour.

Happy 29 weeks ladies x

Had group b strep with my first. I was sent a letter saying that as soon as my waters broke I needed to go straight in for iv antibiotics.

My waters did break at home so I went in. Throughout labour I was given the antibiotics every 4 hours and once he was here they kept an eye on him but all was ok x

Ok, she said the risk of baby having it was low so I'm not worried, just wondering what other people had been through, thanks ladies.

On a side note.. I've already gained like 19 pounds.. I'm gobsmacked. Midwife didn't say anything but to me that's a hefty amount to gain already.. Whats everyone's weight gain been like? If you don't want to share.. that's fine, i totally understand.
I was 57kg in my booking in app and totaled in at 67kg today ;(

Linz, back in September at my GP booking in I weighed 61kg my skinniest I weigh 52/53kg which isn't a good look for me but I now weigh 72/73kg!! My home scales always say different but I'm defo 70kg and a bit.

I don't know what to think! My first pregnancy I started off at 53kg and was around 61kg before giving birth x

Ugh, the glucose test seems to be really "yucky". I haven`t done one, is it really a thing or just if the DR suspects anything?

I am also having a BV for the 3rd time already. Jesus christ, i`m going nuts. I am going in for the test today, the simptoms are really getting worse with every day. The last test was in December, had a 5 day treatment and now the stupid thing is back.

It`s really driving me insane. But its the first time its really awful... might be because I am eating lots of sweets too :dohh:

Jonesbaby19 congrats for the 3rd trim. Hope its a smooth one :hugs:

I am also counting the 3rd trim from week 27, so I got one more week to go :happydance:

Also, I am feeling quite huge, back pain is now constant and sleeping seems to become more uncomfortable. Was thinking of trying to do a couple of exercises at home (although I am not supposed to as I have a placenta praevia marginalis - it almost covers my cervix -so doctor said no exercising). I am going to try at least a few yoga exercises for my back as the pain is hell.

Are you girls still working? Not sure how the laws are for most of you, in my country (Romania) we get to start the maternity leave at around 30 weeks. And I will be off until the baby turns 1 yo (then I need to return to work). You can stay home until the baby is 2 yo, but then the income is significantly lower. As far as I know, in most European countries at least, they don`t get to stay home with the baby that long.

Are you taking a probiotic as well? It helps rebuild and maintain the good bacteria the antibiotic kills

Ok, she said the risk of baby having it was low so I'm not worried, just wondering what other people had been through, thanks ladies.

On a side note.. I've already gained like 19 pounds.. I'm gobsmacked. Midwife didn't say anything but to me that's a hefty amount to gain already.. Whats everyone's weight gain been like? If you don't want to share.. that's fine, i totally understand.
I was 57kg in my booking in app and totaled in at 67kg today ;(

As of yesterday i've gained 21 lbs. I have a colposcopy and 28 week check up Monday so it'll probably be at 22 lbs lol

Before having DS1, I was 60kg and I think that's a good weight for me and where I eventually want to get back to. I was 65kg just before this pregnancy and am now up to just over 70kg. I feel absolutely huge now, especially when I think that I still have 3 months to go!

Before having DS1, I was 60kg and I think that's a good weight for me and where I eventually want to get back to. I was 65kg just before this pregnancy and am now up to just over 70kg. I feel absolutely huge now, especially when I think that I still have 3 months to go!

This is exactly me! I'm hoping weight gain slows down from now on.

I'm not worried though as I lose the baby weight quickly

I was a bigger girl to begin with so 89kg at start... lost 9kg due to morning sickness. Then at 13 weeks was diagnosed with GD so now I have to watch what I eat and lost a further 4kg... ive sat at approx 77kg now for 12 weeks or more. Drs arent worried, im still growing a healthy big boy in there. Measuring 2 weeks ahead. :)

I've gained about 23 pounds so far! That's a lot for me. My personal goal was not to gain more than 40 total this pregnancy. I gained 50 with my son.
I haven't been on the scale lately though....too scared!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->