April Raindrops 2016

Aren't you all cute with your small gains :) I've got to be up close to 30 already, but it's with twins so I'm just going with it. I did gain only 1lb from week 20 to 24 so I think I'm OK so far. Drs and MWs haven't said anything about my weight this time around. With my son I was warned several times about gaining so much. I stopped keeping track of how much after 50lbs, but I lost all that and more by the time my son was 4 months without really trying.

They found group b strep in my booking in wee so I will be having IV antibiotics in labour.

Happy 29 weeks ladies x

Try taking a probiotic and see it they can retest in a few weeks. I've heard it can help.

23 week bump (white tank) and 26 week. I feel like these girls are riding very low. At the same time I can feel them kicking around in my ribs.

Attachments

• 23 weeks.jpg
    23 weeks.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 26 weeks.jpg
    26 weeks.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 10
Aren't you all cute with your small gains :) I've got to be up close to 30 already, but it's with twins so I'm just going with it. I did gain only 1lb from week 20 to 24 so I think I'm OK so far. Drs and MWs haven't said anything about my weight this time around. With my son I was warned several times about gaining so much. I stopped keeping track of how much after 50lbs, but I lost all that and more by the time my son was 4 months without really trying.

I'm with you Hun, I think I've gained about 30lbs by now also :wacko: Its bizzare because I have no appetite and have to force myself to eat because I have nausea all day, every day again, but the weight gain keeps coming! Like you, I lost all my baby weight last pregnancy, it took me about 7 months, but I know I have the willpower to lose it again once the babies are here :thumbup: It will be hard work though with 3 littlies to care for. I look so swollen and puffy right now :haha:

They found group b strep in my booking in wee so I will be having IV antibiotics in labour.

Happy 29 weeks ladies x

Try taking a probiotic and see it they can retest in a few weeks. I've heard it can help.

I have been taking one. I tried raw garlic too. Culture still came back + :shrug: it's just one of those things I guess.

Midwife told me it just comes and goes and there isn't much you can do about it as it's pretty much harmless until your in labour which is when they'll give you the antibiotics just to be sure :)

Gahhh acid reflux is sooooo bad! With my others i only got it at night but this times its almost all day and i hate taking antacids. Is there anything naturally I can take to help?

Welcome Faith and Kay :hugs:

As for the weight gain question I'm currently 30 weeks. I had my 28 week appt @ 29 weeks and have gained 15lbs so far. I think it all depends on what your weight was beforehand. If you have a high BMI they like to see you gain none to little, with low-reg BMI's I believe 20-30lbs is the norm.

So much back pain lately and I'm starting to feel nauseous again! Also tmi but constipation is getting really bad! I actually think it may have something to do with the back aches

Hi girls,

I hope everyone is doing well.

My tummy is itching SOOOOOO bad :brat: I can't stand it a minute longer!!! It's been like this for more than 24 hours now. I didn't sleep because of it last night and I've had one hours sleep all night long tonight. It's 4:45am and I'm sitting here wondering how to get some relief so I can at least get another hour or two sleep before my toddler wakes up. I haven't itched because I know it'll only aggravate things. Had a cool shower not long ago which helped for all of an hour, but it's super itchy again. I have 4 little stretch marks, but no others.

Any advice please? :shrug: It's maddening! xx

Ganton-- Do you know what you're having or are you team yellow?

Ganton-- Do you know what you're having or are you team yellow?

We're team yellow again. After a fair bit of discussion prior to our scan, I agreed that we'd find out this time as hubby wanted to know, but the baby decided for us and just wouldn't get into the correct position. I'm happy with that outcome and luckily hubby wasn't too disappointed either.

Hi girls,

My tummy is itching SOOOOOO bad :brat: I can't stand it a minute longer!!! It's been like this for more than 24 hours now. I didn't sleep because of it last night and I've had one hours sleep all night long tonight. It's 4:45am and I'm sitting here wondering how to get some relief so I can at least get another hour or two sleep before my toddler wakes up. I haven't itched because I know it'll only aggravate things. Had a cool shower not long ago which helped for all of an hour, but it's super itchy again. I have 4 little stretch marks, but no others.

Coconut oil!!

You may wanna mention it to your doc tho, could be PUPPS

Hi girls,

Coconut oil!!

You may wanna mention it to your doc tho, could be PUPPS

Thanks Hun. I really appreciate the advice! I will go to the pharamacy and get some Coconut oil! :thumbup:

I think I found the culprit though, I woke up with an outbreak of stretch marks :wacko: So I'm thinking that's why it was so itchy? Thankfully it's settled down today, but I'll definitely get the coconut oil! :hugs:

Hope the coconut oil helps!

My ribs are SO sore and burny. I think little miss has her head or bum pushing against them. Not sure which end it is though! I have a feeling she may still be head up. X

Coconut oil should help, I am also using almond oil and also olive oil makes wonders (I don`t really appreciate the smell of ... salad :D but it works well). I didn`t notice any stretch marks on the belly so far, but my breasts are ruined forever.. :( It looks like you can use tons of lotions and oils, you still get the stretch marks (if you have the genes). Oils and stuff might help reducing them, but it will definitely not prevent them.

Also, you were all crying about your weight gain.. I am 15+ kg already, with my 26 weeks. I am absolutely freaking out!!!!!!!

Hi ladies,

I hope everyone is well. I bought some coconut oil and it seems to be working, so thank you! :thumbup:

I just had my 28 week growth scan. In 3 weeks since my last scan, baby girl has grown from 1.5lbs (31st percentile) to 2.3lbs (22nd percentile), and baby boy has grown from 1.8lbs (82nd percentile) to 2.8lbs (70th percentile). Baby boys fluid levels are only slightly more than the girl's fluid level now which is good news. Cervix length has shortened from 4cm to 3.2cm. Both babies have been head down since my 12 week scan, and wouldn't you know it, both have now flipped and are presenting breach (feet first). Goodness knows how they found any room to turn! Definitely a tight squeeze! Appointment with my obstetrician is tomorrow morning, so will hopefully get clarity on what the situation is with baby girls growth discordance then.

Hope everyone is doing well xx :hugs:

Hi ladies, hope all is well! Welcome to the new ladies!

30 weeks on Friday! Almost there. I'm feeling very uncomfortable as I feel like I've already run out of room. Not to mention I feel bigger than I did when I had my daughter. I haven't gained as much weight, but I feel like I look bigger and belly is feeling the effects of it. My stomach muscles are starting to tear, so that of course is not a wonderful feeling.

Had this horrible bug or whatever over the weekend...feeling much better now, but I totally thought I was gonna die Sunday! I felt so bad! Poor hubbs had to stay and take care of me and call off work. The kids kept trying to come see me but I had to keep sending them away as I didn't want them to get sick...not to mention I was in and out of sleep all day.

Appt next Friday. Nothing exciting going on at this one. Just the whooping cough and the strep b I think.

Other than that, life as normal.

Hi ladies,
I dont post here often, am more active on FB. Nice to see a few new faces! officially 3rd tri for me now, passed my GD 1 hour test, so yay no diabetes for me!

I have gained about 24 lbs so far (11kg). I'm about on track to where i was with my first. I gained a total of 35 lbs with her, and then lost even more than that once i hit about 6 months post partum. My goal is to not gain any more than 35/40 lbs with this one, assuming i go to 40 weeks. So we'll see!

I feel huge. Looking forward to seeing the birth of all our little raindrops!

Christie, you look so tiny still, even with twins. I am jealous!!

Christie, you look so tiny still, even with twins. I am jealous!!

I think the pictures are all at good angles :) I feel huge and moving is definitely impaired. The twins get in the way when I'm sitting, getting into my vehicle is a chore. I feel like I'm stretched to the limits already. Don't know how I'm going to manage 10 more weeks. I get out of breath walking from the couch to the bathroom.

They get a growth scan tomorrow morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->