April Raindrops 2016

I could eat chili cheese everything No Doubt lol its sooo gooooood!

OMG it is Laska! If you have a Steak & Shake near you, try it!

For those of us who have just had 8 week scans, hopefully we can calm our nerves just a little.
"A heartbeat at 8 weeks increases the chance of a continuing pregnancy to 98% and at 10 weeks that goes up to 99.4%. So things could still go wrong and sadly sometimes do, but as long as there is a heartbeat, the risk of miscarriage decreases as the weeks go by." -Miscarriage Association

I knew that I had read about the chance of MC dropping dramatically after hearing a heartbeat! I totally forgot about it specifying a week tho

Well, kinda glad we do not have that brand here otherwise I'd be down there like a Whippet!

Something strange has happened. This hasn't happened in, well, years.

I have gone off Chocolate?!! What the??

Mmm I love chili/cheese and now I want nachos!

I haven't had steak and shake since a high school trip but I remember it being delicious.

So ladies, I made a decision today. I'm going to get the Panorama Genetic Test. Cost for the test is 795$ but insurance will cover most of it and I'll only have to pay 100-200$ in my co-pay which we can easily afford. So I'm going to basically be skipping the genetic testing done by my Dr (All she has to do is sign my paper saying she authorizes the test due my high risk nature) and have the one I want done. They're coming around the 8th of Sept (When I'll be 9 weeks) and will be testing the baby's risk for 10 separate disorders (Including sex linked traits) so about 10 days after my blood is taken I'll know if my baby is low or high risk and if it's a boy or a girl.

NavyLadyBug, I think that's a sensible choice to make, if you can afford it. It will be reassuring, at the very least.

I'd like to do the Harmony Test, as my last pregnancy, baby was diagnosed with Trisomy 21 and I had already begun miscarrying. So its highly likely, I'll be having invasive testing done, unless we can afford the £500 odd for the test.

So ladies, I made a decision today. I'm going to get the Panorama Genetic Test. Cost for the test is 795$ but insurance will cover most of it and I'll only have to pay 100-200$ in my co-pay which we can easily afford. So I'm going to basically be skipping the genetic testing done by my Dr (All she has to do is sign my paper saying she authorizes the test due my high risk nature) and have the one I want done. They're coming around the 8th of Sept (When I'll be 9 weeks) and will be testing the baby's risk for 10 separate disorders (Including sex linked traits) so about 10 days after my blood is taken I'll know if my baby is low or high risk and if it's a boy or a girl.

That sounds neat!

My insurance will cover it since I'm high risk in the genetic category as well has having multiple unexplained miscarriages and my reason for the Panorama instead of what the Dr wants to use is because what the Dr wants to do is a serum test (I forget the actual name) and its a blood draw and 10 weeks coupled with a second blood draw at 17 weeks and then from there a result is given 2 weeks after that and it only tests for the 3 Trisomy's and because my family has sex linked disorders present, I'm not comfortable with having what I feel is an incomplete answer.

I had my first craving today ! Butter chicken :) it was so good. I couldn't eat much because of my nausea but it was so delicious

Christie hi! We were in a thread together when you had your son and I had mine. Here we are again! Congrats! I was looking thinking your name looked familiar, lol.

Hi there! too funny we are in the same thread again!

Christie hi! We were in a thread together when you had your son and I had mine. Here we are again! Congrats! I was looking thinking your name looked familiar, lol.

Yeah! I had a little girl in between but here we go again, lol. Omg, possibly twins for you! I think I'd cry...from fear, lol.

Welcome new ladies!
Yumm Nachos! And chili cheese everything that sounds delicious today! Which is crazy because yesterday I was conpletely off meat only wanting sweets! :haha:
I love the stats for 8 weeks but I am still so worried because of my type 1 diabetes(body produces no insulin-on pump). I am worried that as soon as my blood sugars start to go high or low then thats it, and I will hurt or lose my little bean :/ I have no idea when I get another scan, my next appointment is just with the nurse so I am pretty sure I wont get another until 12-14weeks which makes me even more worried! Once I get further along I will get a lot more growth scans but I dont think thats the case early on. I think with my son I had one at 9 & then again at 13.5 (where we found out he was a boy!) So it sounds right.. where's the April twins yet!! I've been waiting to see a "there's two" post from someone! :haha:

ETA just saw the post from Christine about possible twins! Yay! When is your first scan? :) i secretly have wanted twins forever but definitely think one is enough for us for now :haha:
Also as for wanting sour gummies, I ate 2 bags of gummy bears yesterday :( needless to say I am ashamed!

Speaking of gummies...we took the kids to the kids museum and this was one of the...I don't even know what to call it, but Virtue loved it! It's made if gummy bears!

Attachments

• IMAG0312.jpg
    IMAG0312.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 8

Yeah! I had a little girl in between but here we go again, lol. Omg, possibly twins for you! I think I'd cry...from fear, lol.

Naw, I'm a pro at twins! Well sort of with my two boys being just less than 8 months apart.

Newborn twins will be different, but nothing I can't handle.

ETA just saw the post from Christine about possible twins! Yay! When is your first scan? :) i secretly have wanted twins forever but definitely think one is enough for us for now :haha:
Also as for wanting sour gummies, I ate 2 bags of gummy bears yesterday :( needless to say I am ashamed!

Scan is next Friday Sept 4. They told me to choose either 9/4 or 9/8 since they are closed 9/7. Of course I don't want to wait, so I chose 9/4.

All this talk of food is making me drool! Hamburgers, nachos, chili cheese, gummy bears...oh my!

Meeohmya, yummy food in a hospital get out! :haha: I will be delivering at Sutter up here so hopefully I can hope for the same!

Lacka, yum hamburgers that sounds divine right about now. Right now I am on a Mac and cheese kick...aka cheesy carby heaven...except for the nutrients that is. :haha:

Hal, salad used to be my go to....now the little vampire (term of endearment I swear :winkwink: ) is saying no way Jose to the idea of that. Eat them while you still can. Ha!

Navy, I am doing the Panorama also. At least it gives you an idea about your risk of the disorders so it can help you decided if there is a high risk to add on other testing, and selfishly I was to know the sex ASAP!

Welcome Christie and Cornfield!

Great scans to see and progressive POAS. It is all about the little steps! I hope the other scan come quickly for everyone.

I totally forgot to add my scan yesterday because I was so excited to feel alright with posting here. Funny, the first thing the doc said to me is that I looked tired and pregnant...geez, thanks I guess...cue automatically sitting up straight and sucking in the bloat.

Crazy how big he/she has grown since my six week scan! We even got to see a little head nod.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 11
No lie, mdc! Sutter's food is delicious! Or it was when I delivered in 2010! 😂 and great scan pic. I swear all these scans are making me jealous. I can't believe how long I have to wait.

Hi Ladies, been a while since I've said hello... but we had our 8 week scan yesterday and our little "BUG" is measuring perfectly :)

I had a bleed scare at 5+5 weeks, turned out I had a small clot in my uterus which has now cleared :) yay !!

See pic of our little Bug :) still blobbish but getting so much bigger :D
8weeks (1).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->