April Raindrops 2016

Thankfully dr said it's totally fine its just from hormones and increasef blood flow to pelvic area! Phew. I'm just so nervous these days.

Well my ultrasound appointment was moved from Friday to tomorrow so I'll only be 6+ 1. Really hoping we manage to see that heartbeat!!
I've had awful nausea today and no appetite at all. Add that to the utter exhaustion and mood swings and I'm just a riot to be around lmao

good luck Adriansmama, hope you do get to see and hear the heart beat!

Hal - lol.. my husband is Ukrainian so bacon is a staple in our house.
I dont think you need to worry about your hair. I have girlfriends who got pixies while pregnant and their babies came out adorable with all baby parts where they should be. Also I hear your hair is suppose to grow fast during pregnancy due to all the hormones and also less hair fall out - which for me is good because DH says I shed more than our dogs :shrug:

Kuji - I remember hearing the same thing when I was a little girl and my aunt was expecting her first child. Funny how they still feel the need to warn us.

Oh jeez! If hair grows faster, then I'll definitely need a haircut! My hair is already long enough imo and I wouldn't want it much longer. Although if it doesn't fall out as much, I have no complaints! I find my hair in the weirdest of places :haha:

I know they're warning us out of love but sometimes I wonder if they really think about these "warnings" and how ridiculous some of them sound. I know things were different back in the day, but with science being a huge part of daily life, we know better than to believe the old wives tales that are what I call 'extremes'. Some are more believable, but then there are the really weird ones!

I am chuckling right there with you Kuji! You'd think with smartphones and skype they'd have less reasons to warn us of such things. But I guess their general concern for our well being out weighs the silliness.

I do think my dog knew I was pregnant before I officially found out. He kept following me from room to room and even into the bathroom and even when I would close the door a bit I could see his little eye peeping at me through the little crack ... so yea, now I have a dog who has no respect for my personal space and is a peeping tom... and it doesnt help when my husband high-fives hims during these antics... oy vey!

I agree. It's silly but hey, I guess it's a good laugh and it makes you feel good that they care!

At least you have a dog. They usually(not always though) don't always enter the bathroom. I have cats so they NEED to be in the bathroom with me, everytime I go, no matter what. :haha: If I close the door, they will push it open! (it doesn't click shut unfortunately haha!)

I had the same thing with my cat! On the same day I found out I was pregnant (but earlier in the day), Nova(my female) would follow me everywhere and if I was in bed, she HAD to join me. Also she kept snuggling and nuzzling and wanting to go under the covers which is incredibly unusual of her. She's not the cuddly type. Later that day, I got my bfp and ever since that day, she's still "protective" of me and wanting to be around me.

Pets just seem to know! :D

I have my first actual doctor appointment tomorrow! Hoping I like him and don't have to find another. I'm assuming it won't be very exciting, just a ton of paperwork and a million questions. I got an ultrasound a couple weeks ago from somewhere else but I'm not going to tell them in the hopes that I get another one hee hee :haha:

I also should be high risk because of low amniotic fluid in both of my past pregnancies, so I'm curious to see what his take will be on it. My last pregnancy over 10 years ago I was put on bed rest, and told that if I ever had any more kids then I should be on bed rest from the beginning but this is going to be a different doctor and I'm not sure how soon they can start measuring the fluids...good thing about that though is a lot more scans lol!

Welcome OwlGirl.

I think our thread has mixture of everyone on here from 1st timers, LTTCers, and PAL. I've definitely enjoyed the journey with these ladies so far.

That is too funny about the hair! I've never heard that one!

Lol don't cut your hair!!!! ;) you want all those fingers and toes in tact!!! That's so funny...

Pregnancy hormones sorta stall your hair from falling out. So when you normally shed hair, most of it will not come out. Then after hormones go back to normal after you deliver you go back to losing the regular amount...PLUS all the hair you should have lost over the past 9+ months. So don't be shocked when some day in your child's first year you find your hair coming out in GOBS.....it's kind of crazy!

Afm I've had a migraine for about 36 hrs. I get migraines frequently but they usually don't go longer than 24 hrs. When I was pregnant with my first they tended to last 3 or so days. Not too happy about this. Especially having to entertain and take care of a toddler!!

Purely Gemini, I had low fluid last time too but only at the end so I was induced at 37 weeks for it. I asked if it puts me at increased risk this time and Dr seemed to think not but I am concerned. I hope it's doesn't happen again but im not on bedrest.

Good luck Purelygemini, hope you get good news and all is well!

Aww, Kuji your cat sounds adorable. I'd prefer a nuzzling cat rather than an in your face all the time dog thats also a bit of a jerk.

Babymonkey, there goes my hopes of having both voluptuous rack and voluminous hair after birth. Massive hair shedding is just not as sexy as it sounds.:nope:

Nausea is finally starting to ebb so I'm feeling a bit cheekier lately.

Adriansmama, good luck! We did get to see the HB when the little vampire measured 6+1, but I also have heard plenty of people where it was too early. Although fx'd you see it to give you a sigh of relief.

Kuji and agentbacon, I swear my cat knew before I took at test also. I was getting so annoyed she kept jumping in my lap and seriously would stay there for hours. I even wrote it in my notes in FF because I thought it was so weird...either that or I was going a little crazy. :haha:

Purely, I would do the same and stay hush hush on the previous US in hopes of sneaking another peak. GL tomorrow!

Welcome owlgirl!

Babymonkey, sorry about the migraines and 72 hours...double sorry.

Kind of excited today because my Doppler is supposed to show up! I know some people are really pro and others really con, but I am hoping to use it sparingly when I get nervous. The little vampire must be getting ready to grow because I was exhausted yesterday, and the past couple of days all I was to snack on is Pellegrino and cheese. Too bad what I really want is the yummy non-pasteurized cheese and I could throw in some salmi, but I guess baby bells will have to suffice for now :haha:

I'm such a procrastinator. I just scheduled my first Ob/Gyn appointment. My doctor won't be available during April to deliver the baby, so I had to go with a new one. Ugh. I'm so f***ing frustrated. I wanted THAT doctor, because that's the doctor that delivered me! Sigh. I hope everything will be alright. Sept 22nd can't come soon enough.

Good luck Purelygemini, hope you get good news and all is well!

Aww, Kuji your cat sounds adorable. I'd prefer a nuzzling cat rather than an in your face all the time dog thats also a bit of a jerk.

Babymonkey, there goes my hopes of having both voluptuous rack and voluminous hair after birth. Massive hair shedding is just not as sexy as it sounds.:nope:

Nausea is finally starting to ebb so I'm feeling a bit cheekier lately.

Lol! Well it doesn't happen to everyone, but most. I have heard of pregnancy changing hair texture though, permanently, for better or for worse sometimes. For me, during pregnancy my hair didn't get very greasy at all after first trimester so I was able to wash only once a week and because of that my hair became more healthy and I've been able to maintain that :)

Had my first scan today and we got to see and hear the heartbeat! I'm 6+1 and my new edd is April 25th. 4 years of infertility and it finally happened!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-01-10-13-45_1.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-01-10-13-45_1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20150901_095825_1_2.jpg
    20150901_095825_1_2.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members