April Raindrops 2016

I had my first scan today! EDD is 4/26. I'm 8w1d. Saw a heartbeat and a very chill little bean. Going for my NT scan on 10/9 and i will have the blood test to learn the gender that same week :) Cntry girl, can you please move my EDD? I wish it was the 19th, cuz then this MS would be over sooner!

Anyone taking Zolfran? I had the WORST stomach cramps this morning. Like the ones you get right before you have diarrhea. But I didn't have diarrhea although I did have a bm. This happened last time too although I also was vomiting. I went to the ER. I'm wondering if it's a side effect of constipation from Zolfran or gall bladder

Zofran is for nausea I believe. I honestly didnt think it was prescribed during pregnancy anymore due to birth defects?

Zofran is for nausea I believe. I honestly didnt think it was prescribed during pregnancy anymore due to birth defects?

I currently have a friend involved in a class action lawsuit with the manufacturers of Zofran because her baby was born with a cleft palate and has required multiple surgeries. It is also linked to heart defects.

My doctor offered me Zofran today as well. I was quite surprised. I didn't ask her why, i just said no thanks. I read that after 10 weeks it wont affect fetal development, but thats around the time when MS is turning the corner anyway, so a bit late! Not everyone using zofran has babies with birth defects. I took it with my first and she turned out totally fine, luckily! But i am too nervous to try it again, no matter how awful i feel (and I felt really awful tonight...)

Cntrygirl can you change my date to 4/7 please? Just decided to go with the date from lmp instead of O since baby seems to be measuring closer to that one. Thanks!

I would be way too scared to try zofran, it wouldn't be worth the risk to me. But then again I haven't had debilitating morning sickness so maybe that would make me sing a different tune lol

Welcome hellojello! We have the same due date! :hugs:

I've been wondering about asking for nausea relief myself. I'm throwing up about 4-5 times a day, and I'm constantly feeling about 8 out of 10 on the nausea scale. My first appointment is Monday, and I'll be 10+2, so it might not be worth it at that point. But I feel so sick, and I've lost 15 lbs in less than 4 weeks (not that you can tell, I'm totally bloated, so I look like I've popped already!). I'm practically catatonic at work, lol. I've got seabands on 24/7, lots of hard candies, herbal tea like peppermint and chamomile. But taking something that could hurt the baby, even potentially, keeps me from asking. Can't you tell what kind of anxious mother I'm going to be?!

I currently have a friend involved in a class action lawsuit with the manufacturers of Zofran because her baby was born with a cleft palate and has required multiple surgeries. It is also linked to heart defects.

A friend of mine as well. Her son was born with two different heart defects

I also have a friend who popped Zofran like candy with both of her pregnancies and had no issues. It is no longer prescribed where I am. Now they are using Diclegis which I hear works well and is nothing more than Benadryl and B vitamins. It's a new drug so I guess the jury is out still on safety but the ingredients lead me to believe it's prob okay to use. Maybe call and ask for that or just try taking Benadryl with Vitamin B6 and see if it helps.

I only took it three times because of the risks. My ms gets do bad I can't get out of bed. Although I'm trying to take b6 instead and hope that works. I have 4 other kiddos and a hubby so laying around isn't an option.

I only took it three times because of the risks. My ms gets do bad I can't get out of bed. Although I'm trying to take b6 instead and hope that works. I have 4 other kiddos and a hubby so laying around isn't an option.

There are other meds that can be prescribed other than Zofran, like Diclegis

I am taking diclegis, and it barely takes the edge off. I don't love it. If it weren't for the risks, I'd take zofran too. It's WAY better than diclegis.

They're also made to work different. Zofran is fast acting while Diclegis is time released

Panorama results are in...I have a healthy baby!!! Woo-hoo! And Country, you can go ahead and mark me team blue because it's a boy!

Congratulations, shell! I think I saw in someone else's signature a few pages back that there's a girl - I'm so excited to see what everyone will be having (or has, if they're team yellow).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->