April Showers 2015. 5 pink and 2 blue rainbows so far!

Well I managed to get a sweep! Cervix was 2-3cm which apparently is good. Both midwives felt my bump and said it was all baby, considering someone earlier had asked if it was twins I'm feeling a bit nervous now!! Baby's head is low and didn't pop up when she pushed it which I think is good too. Booked in for induction on Monday but they say at 2-3cm you should just be able to have waters broken rather than chemicals which makes me happy, no pesky drips etc. Hopefully it'll be out before then though. Currently bouncing on my ball!!

Hoping: this is it! So exciting!

Munchkin: it's great news! I'm sure baby will be here soon now. Your body is doing its job, and it's great that you may not need a drip, you may even not need your waters broken!

Glad you got your sweep Munchkin, fingers crossed it does the trick. The midwife at my appointment said she definitely thinks this baby is going to be bigger than DS was.

Hoping and Mowat - good luck today! I can't wait to see your babes!!

Hoping - my DH is never on time either. It's a great source of stress on me. I understand.

I have a dr appt this afternoon, they will be doing a cervix check, so I guess I'll see where I'm at!

What is a 1? Cervix dilation? I know it can take a while to work. How are you feeling?

Yeah one cm dilated. I stood up BC I was wrapped up in the cords and my water broke. I'm still at one cm dilated and his heads kinda bobbing up n down

Well that's great news! I'm sure you'll be on your way now xxx

Yeah for progress ladies!

Nothing new to report here. Cervidil didn't seem to do anything overnight. Surgeon came in first thing and said he'd come back to do an internal and perhaps a new cervidil, but now he's doing an emergency c-section in the OR. Meanwhile I'm dying of boredom!

How frustrating mowat!! These things take time I suppose but not much fun :( I completely understand that your babies need to be out but this is kind of why I'm trying to push it as late as possible!! All this would do my head in.

Just waiting to dilated more. At noon I was still one and Dr thought it would be another day. I stood up less then an hour later and water broke so my body went into labor on my own. The meds were up all the way so my contractions were 10 secs apart. IV drugs didn't work so I got a epidural. At 4 I was 3 cm 80 % effaced and head low.

Hi ladies! ! I keep checking in thinking I'm going to see who baby #2 is! Looks like the race is on!

Mowat that surgeon sounds pushy :growlmad: the cervadil stuff didn't do anything for me either.

Hoping good luck with induction I know how frustrating it is, glad you got the epidural, that definitely progresses things!

Munchkin Ive missed y all too! hope you go into labor without meds,sounds like your body is definitely working on it.

Oh I agree we should have a parent page! Idk what I'd do without you ladies, definitely wouldn't have gotten through this pregnancy alive. So no one else is having more babies after this one?

My belly bandit came in today! Can't wait to try it!

StillP - this is only #1 for us, so potential for #2 is there, but not for a few years.

Hoping - hopefully baby will be here soon now that your water has broken!

Mowat - I think the surgeon is pushy too. Hopefully you can meet your babies soon!!!

AFM - had a dr appt today .. I am 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. She is definitely sitting lower!

Yep, super pushy. Finally saw him at 1:30 and he did an exam---no progress from yesterday! We're trying another cervidil and they let me go home for the night. I'm going to ask for a few days off before we try anything else.

Well he doesn't wanna come. I am finally at 5cm dilated. But its also 1am. Have a fever so I had to get antibiotics.

Glad you got an epidural hoping. You're obviously hanging onto your baby too well! I get a fever during labours too, I don't think it's that surprising really but glad they're keeling an eye on you! Hopefully you've developed more by now and you'll soon be pushing that beautiful baby out!

Mowat sorry things don't seem to be moving but glad you're getting to go home in the mean time. Try and chill if you can and make the most of sofa time. When are they checking you again?

Praying - yes we're really missing you :( can't wait til we can start a parenting club, except Katie will be at school by the time we squeeze the rest of these comfy babies out!!

Akn that's great news, sounds like she might be on the move!!

Well my sweep seems to have done nothing once again. Can't decide whether to try and get in to my midwife wherever she is for one last try tomorrow ahead of Monday but I suspect sweeps just don't work!!

I hope things are progressing for you by now Hoping, you're getting there!

Sorry the sweep didn't work Munchkin, I think your baby must like being dramatic and is waiting for the last possible moment!

Hi Stillpraying, glad you're still checking in. I hope your lovely Katie is doing well. This is definitely my last, I've told OH I'm going to do his snip myself mid labour!

Mowat I hope you can get a bit of rest before it all gets going again.

Haha button! At least you've warned him ;) I love the idea of one more but not sure I could cope on reality. We're not hugely dynamic and love our down time and I see parents with more children and it just seems horrifically full on! After this pregnancy as well I'm not sure I can cope with another. I worked out that if this baby is born at 42 weeks I'll have been pregnant for over 74 weeks to get this baby. I don't know what I'll do when in not pregnant!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->