April Showers 2015. 5 pink and 2 blue rainbows so far!

Baby was born this morning 7:43 via emergency c-section. She is in nicu atm but is doing well.
I'll post more later. Xx

Congratulations Ummi! Our girls have the same birthday!

I'm so excited ladies. Everything didn't go as planned for some of us and at one point we were all miserable but we made it. Now lets welcome the sleepless nights and the crying for no reason ( he cried all morning just because) congratulations

I know, I can't believe we're all done! My 3 year old still cries 'just because' sometimes so I'm used to that!

At the moment I'm just trying to exercise my pelvis very gently to try and get some movement back. Once I'm able to walk around I don't think it will take me too long to recover and I can get out of the house for the first time in a week and a half!

Thanks ladybird.

Ok could really do with some sleep right about now but Cordie has other ideas. She sleeps great when I hold her but since 7pm this evening every time I put her down she cries and looks uncomfortable and then she's sick. She was cluster feeding a bit this evening so I assume that's why but it's still a pain. After her next feed I'll get OH to sit up with her for a bit so I can get some sleep and then I'll just have to sleep as much as I can in the day tomorrow.

Oh it's hard button :( for the first few days Matilda just clung to me day and night but slowly I managed to get her sleeping a bit in the Moses basket in the day and she'll now sleep at night without her being attached but just next to me and last night she made it til 1.30 in her basket!! The midwife said at 5 days it all sounded very normal and by ten days thjngs had often calmed down a bit. X

Once my PGP has eased a bit I can drop the side on her crib and attach it to the bed so I can hold her hand at night, that will help. I have to be able to move it so I can get out of bed at the moment though.

I'm finding the good and bad days are gonna alternate. I realized you don't have all of Ella's info on the front.

Ella Marie 4/17 at 11:35pm 6lb 12oz 19.5" long

Well today's been eventful. Cordie sicked up green bile this morning so midwife told us to go to a&e where they x rayed her and stuck her on a drip then we got blue lighted to another hospital where she got put in NICU and we're waiting for more x Rays. Meanwhile while they were finding me a bed they decided to get a doctor to look at me because my PGP is so bad, so I'm waiting to be seen.

DS is having a great time though as one of my mum friends came to babysit with her little boy and he's loved having company.

Sorry button. I'm sure they'll take good care of her. I know how worrying that can be. How is she doing?
:hugs:

I've just had an update and she's doing really well. They've fed her some donor milk and I've been hand expressing to keep my supply up and they're going to let me feed her myself this morning. The x rays and blood tests all came back fine and she's sicked up once since but it was normal white so they're not worried. I should get to take her home this afternoon.

Yay that's good news Ummi! We're home now. She's pretty refluxy but I have the midwife coming out tomorrow so I'll discuss it with her.

I.can never go to sleep after his 11pm feeding ugh!!!!!!!! Hope everyone is well.. I have 9.9lb healthy baby boy so far. He didn't pass his newborn screen but Dr said that's normal

She was up until 2am alternating feeding and screaming, poor thing I hate to see her in pain. But from 2-6.30 she's slept beautifully and she's just had a big feed and is asleep on my chest, I'll try her back in her cot in a minute. OH pointed out she may have a sore throat from the tube they put down it and that might be making the reflux more painful for her.

Hoping that's a brilliant weight. The not being able to sleep when you can must be annoying.

Button I hope you all get home soon, glad thjngs are getyjg better.

Ummi hope you get home too!!

Hoping that's great news!

Our chunky monkey is now 9lb 5 at 10 days old.. She'd lost 5% of her birth weight at 5 days so she's piled on nearly a pound in 5 days!! She was settling a bit better until last night when she spent it all in bed with me again. I think she's got tummy troubles :( in the day I just wear her most of the time so she's upright and moving all the time so trying to get her to lie flat on her back with no physycal contact at night isn't much fun for her!!

I'm having the same trouble getting her to lay on her back. Last night I only managed it by half swaddling her then I laid her on her side while holding her hand then veeerrrrryyyy slowly rolling her onto her back. I also tucked a rolled up cellular blanket next to her side to make her feel more secure and held her hand until I was certain she was in deep sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->