April Showers 2015. 5 pink and 2 blue rainbows so far!

Congratulations akn! Enjoy your little girl.

It's down to you and me now Ummi! I suppose it'll be me last, that'll teach me for being so certain I'll go early!

Hi button just wanted to wish you well with the birth I remember you from the trying to conceive after a loss pages xxxx

Thank you Ladybird. Congratulations on your pregnancy, I hope it all goes smoothly xx

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing! Congrats Akn.

Still in recovery mode here, but I did manage to get out of the house yesterday. Overdid it a bit picking my son up from school and pushing him on the swings---had to go back to the painkillers last night. Oh well, babies are a week old! Anyone else get the "weepies" after giving birth? I'd forgotten how bad it is. I cry when I'm happy, I cry when I'm frustrated, I cry at the drop of a hat. Oh well, I think I deserve it after all I've been through over the past few years.

Looking forward to hearing about some more babies in the next few days. I wonder what happened to all the ladies that started out with us? Hope they're having their babies too.

Yayy babies are starting to come!!! Cant wait till everyone is up with me at 4 having a newborn party haha I still think I get better sleep then being pregnant

Mowat I remember the hormones after birth, they're crazy! Well done on getting out of the house so soon.

Hoping I definitely think newborn baby lack of sleep is preferable to pregnancy lack of sleep. At least you can move, I just had a rubbish night because I kept waking up to turn over and it's such a mission it took me ages to get back to sleep after. Can't wait for those lovely breastfeeding hormones that knock out you out cold the second your head touches the pillow.

Congratulations akn! Enjoy your little girl.

It's down to you and me now Ummi! I suppose it'll be me last, that'll teach me for being so certain I'll go early!

Sorry, I haven't seen your post. Yeah, just you and me now. You just never know, it might happen for you by tomorrow! I said exactly the same with ds2. Ds1 was born at 38 weeks, so I thought the same would happen again, but ds2 stayed until 41+4. This time around, I'm sure the same would happen if the doctors were not talking about inducing at 40w.

Mowat: you're doing great! I hate those post partum hormones, way worst than the pregnancy ones. And my Dh doesn't really understand why I end up crying with a newborn in my arms when I should be perfectly happy. But it should last only a few days and before you know it you'll be your own self again.

Hoping: I can't wait to join you with the baby party! Haha! Not sure I'll say that again after x amount of sleepless nights though!

Ummi I really hope I don't have another two weeks! So exciting you don't have to wait any later than Tuesday.

I also hope you don't have to.
I found some hypnobirthing track to download that should help induce labour. But it's £7.99!!! I was like "no way!!!!"

Totally getting the weepies. We had them take her to the nursery for 2 hrs last night so we could get some sleep.. And I started crying.. Then when she came back this morning I started crying again.

It'll pass in a few days akn. How long are you expecting to stay in hospital?

Wow akn - brilliant news! Button and ummi you won't be long now. So exciting.

Sorry I've been absent, can't believe Matilda is a week old tomorrow. Going far too fast already!! I'd totally underestimated baby brain, the last week has been a total blur. She's a big lump of gorgeous and feeding all the time. We had her weighed yesterday and she's only lost 5% of her birth weight. Yesterday I finally managed to get her to sleep in her Moses basket in the day, until then she's just been in the sling or attached all day! She's still in with me in the spare bed all night, I just have to let her fall asleep on the boob and if I flinch or try to move at all she's wide awake wanting good again! I've had a horrendous bad bavk too, my coccyx clicked out during labour so it's been excruciating. Went to a chiropractor on fruday. I think it's getting better but still hurts. Otherwise we're doing great!! I agree with the post baby weepies. I'm sobbing about everything!!

Are we going to start a baby group soon or shall we wait for ummi and button before we start it?

Love to all and again sorry for my absence!!

Thanks for the update Munchkin. Sorry about your back, I hope it gets better soon. I remember with DS when he was teeny I had to wait 20 minutes before trying to put him back in his Moses basket after feeding at night. I'm glad Matilda is doing so well, can't wait to join you all in a baby group. I was feeling a bit fed up this morning but I've perked up a bit now. I'm hoping if she's not here by Saturday a sweep will work.

It's so nice to hear (read!!) from you Munchkin.
Matilda is doing so well!
I'm certainly not looking forward to those weepies!!

Tomorrow is my induction. I've been having some contractions on and off, but nothing really serious. Every time I'm thinking this is it, but it's not. I'm trying to relax as much as I can before the big day now. Dh took the kids to the park for the afternoon and I just woke up from a good nap.
I had a bit of a wobble today imagining all the bad things that can happen thinking what if I should have accepted induction at 38w???
So I can't wait for tomorrow now.

Btw, what was your induction protocols girls? I'm slightly confused. The leaflet the doctor gave me says they give me first the pessary/tampon sort of meds and then that I stay on the ward, until labour begins (with more meds -gel, drip...- if things don't start). Mw told me on Friday that they'll give me the pessary, monitor baby, and if baby is reacting well to it, then, they'll send me home for 24hrs. Very confusing, though I'm tempted to follow what the mw says.
How was it for you?

Good luck for tomorrow Ummi. I hope everything goes smoothly for you and you have a quick and easy labour.

Good luck ummi!! I had the tampon thing and they said they wouldn't even check for dilation for 24 hrs. Then they would break your waters if they could, if not they'd leave it in for another 6 hours. If the water breaking didn't work, you'd be on a drip. It seemed though that most of the women who were being induced ended up in labour just from the tampon. I found though that you had to be having serious contractions before they'd check you. One poor woman was really struggling for hours and they kept saying she wasn't in proper labour then they checked her and she was 4cm so got to go to delivery.
I was using my tens a lot but was having contractions 2-3mins apart and they still weren't taking me seriously but I felt the tampon coming out so I told the midwife and whilst she was up there checked and I was 4/5cm so i was allowed to call oh and got my room on delivery and Matilda was born 3 hours 20 mins later.
So as a tip, if you think you need checking tell them the tampons coming out!!
Best of luck and kick some ass. You'll be great xxx

Thanks for the tips! I surely will. I'll keep you posted. I'd rather labour started at home even with the tampon and then I go back to the hospital when it's time, just like normal labour.

Yeah it would be nice. We weren't allowed to leave the hospytal grounds although we sneakily did on our walks that day!! The only other warning is they wanted to break my waters after we went through to delivery even though labour was progressing well. I argued with them but they said because is been induced they had to continue the process!? Still don't get it but because the midwife was faffing about my waters broke in their own anyway!! I kept saying i think my waters are going on every contraction and she didn't believe me until I had a big contraction and practically flooded the place!!
You'll have your baby in your arms in no time however it happens :) :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->