April Showers 2015. 5 pink and 2 blue rainbows so far!

Awww I can relate to you ladies' fatigue! I actually put myself in bed last night at about 10 pm and passed out while DH watched tv for a little while then woke up at almost 11, put in my progesterone and went back to sleep. I'm normally such a night owl! I've also been waking anywhere from 3-5 am lately needing to pee (which doesn't happen normally for me). I'm even having to force myself to leave the house to go run errands because I'm so tired and the thought of doing them is tiring, too. :blush:
Please keep me and this baby in your thoughts/prayers tomorrow afternoon! My first OB appt and ultrasound! I'm beyond nervous! :wacko: Even though I have no real solid reason to fear the worst, I fear it anyways. Meh. Hopefully we will see baby and a good strong hb tomorrow though and I can quit worrying for a few days. Although since we lost the last one after seeing a hb I'm likely gonna beg for weekly scans. :blush: Can ya blame me? Surely if they have me flagged as high risk that they can get insurance to pay for it (I hope)! :haha:

Well that's about it for now. I hope you're all having a peaceful restful day today/evening. :hugs:

Button where are you in London? My sis had one baby at kingston hospital and one at at georges hospital in tooting.

Praying I've got all my thoughts with you tomorrow :hugs: kick up a big fuss and cry until they agree on weekly scans. Let us know as soon as you're done xx

Had to take a break from work to say hello to you lovely ladies :howdy: Been drowning in paperwork today!

Praying what time is your apt? You'll be in my prayers! :thumbup: I'm not sure about insurance, I honestly have no idea how that works. I would hope they would throw in a few extra scans for your reassurance though! If not you could look into the private ones!:hugs:

Button what are maltesers?:shrug:

Munchkin the way the Naval Hospital has the scan plan laid out is by "aprox". so they go off your LMP, which we all know is a bit off. then they do a dating scan between 10-12 weeks, a growth check at 15 and then the gender/growth check at 20. they only do early ones if you have had 2 or more consecutive losses or something that puts you as high risk. I assume that is probably about how most hospitals do things but who knows :shrug:

So glad I'm not the only one who's been overdoing the TV time. I think DD has seen every season of Curious George/Dragon Tales/Super Y and Jake & the Neverland Pirates. Her new show is something called "Justin Time" lol My DH says "if we're going to let her watch so much then it needs to be educational ones only!" Netflix is obliging :haha:

I have my next appointment on the 5th of September, but I don't believe there will be a scan :nope: sadly I believe it will just be blood tests and paperwork. Joys. On a happy note I do have tomorrow and Monday off for Labor Day weekend! =) I told my DH I was seriously contemplating taking leave just so I can suffer first Tri at home!

I have learned a tip i'd like to share with yall regarding nausea! I've found that not only small meals but small bites and lots of breaks in eating. It helped me today immensely. After each bite I'd take a break before eating more. and tiny tiny sips of whatever I was drinking. Hope it might help yall too :hugs:

Thanks so much Munchkin and Still! My appt is at 2pm EST. UK is 5 hrs ahead of me so that will be 7pm your time. <3 I am nervous as all get out! Even my appetite is less today which isn't helping my paranoia any! :dohh: I definitely plan to kick up a fuss and ask for extra scans! :haha: Provided that this one goes well of course! :winkwink: Anyways, DH is hungry for dinner so I better go. I had a late snack before he got home so I'm not very hungry. :dohh: I will let you ladies know how it goes as soon as I get home afterward and get online. The office is an hour away so I have no idea what time it will be when we get back and I finally get online. My BFF has made me promise to let her know first so I'm sure she will take up a bit of time on me when I get back lol. Talk to you ladies tomorrow! :hugs:

[-o&lt; Please let there be a baby & strong hb! [-o&lt;

Eurgh it's 5.54am and I've been awake for the past hour for no good reason. Today's going to be a fun day at work! Not. Pixie I'll be waiting for that update, your friend had better not take too much time up!

StillPraying - those scans sound about right although we don't get a 16 week one normally. My growth scans will be more like 32 and 36 weeks as it looks like her growth dropped off later on. They'll tgen decide whether to induce early but ok sure my next one will be fine. She was 3kg (6lb 9) but born at 42 weeks.

Munchkin I'm in south east London. I'll be booked in with the PRUH in Orpington but I'm hoping for a home birth.

Stillpraying - maltesers are yummy, they're malt honeycomb balls covered in chocolate.

Pixie - good luck!

I know, your poor USians missing out on maltesers. Shall we send you a consignment??
Button good on you with the home birth. I tried to get to a midwife led birth centre last time but my dd was too overdue and I wouldn't be allowed this time because of her size and the lovely 3rd degree tear! And all my babies have now been born in our local hospital and they now have a pool so I'm hoping for a waterbirth there. Ooh what a dream!

I tried for a water birth with DS but I ended up having to be transferred to the labour and delivery ward because my contractions were too short to push him out. I'm hoping that staying at home will help me stay relaxed and I can just get on with it. I hated the drive to the hospital.

T-minus 3 hours and counting! The nervousness and anxiety are starting to get to me. I don't know how I'm gonna sit still in the waiting room at the dr's office. I'm also feeling really pissy and irritable today. (I'm guessing a mixture of hormones and nerves.) I've already gotten mad at DH 3 times today. First time was when he woke me up by chatting at me at 8 am when I didn't even have my eyes open yet and wanted to sleep some more! :trouble: Seriously! I was like WTH dude? Do you have no idea how tired I am and you're waking me up and talking to me while I'm this sleepy, don't have my eyes open and no coffee yet! What on earth is your problem? lol! Then got mad at him again for something else and now mad at him yet again when he said that his co worker's lunch break is scheduled over my appt time and that unless he's willing to take an earlier or later lunch I might have to go alone! The hell you say!!! :growlmad: He's already cleared this with his manager (who conveniently isn't in today) for the time to go take me (he's working from home today) and he'd better come with! Unless he wants me exploding on him for the first time in a while he'd better make darn sure he is with me for this appt no matter what! I've also been gagging easily again this morning so I am guessing that's a form of ms? :shrug: Anyways, hopefully once I see baby and hopefully a good strong hb in about 3 hrs that I'll calm down more and not feel like such a ball of nerves that's ready to rip my DH's head off! :wacko:
Well that's about it for now. I'm just trying to get some of this off my chest so I don't blow up at DH and cause an angry riff between us on the way to the dr's office. Besides, I need to go have a wee again (already 4th time today lol). Talk to you ladies later and will post my update asap! :hugs: Thank you all for your thoughts/prayers/and well wishes! I really appreciate them! <3

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! And..... :happydance: baby with adorable little flickering hb of 140 bpm!! :yipee: :cloud9: I am really relieved that baby is doing well. The MW said that that is in normal range for this gestation and baby measured in at 6 wks 6 days and given that I know when I ovulated and thus when I conceived and the time it takes baby to implant it really is still right on par. They said my EDD is Apr 18th but I doubt I will get that far. I just know my body. So she wants to see me back in 2 weeks to check on baby again (I tried to get her to agree to 1 week but she said she'd rather try to get me further along before we recheck as that makes our likelihood of mc much much lower.) So for now I'm happy but it will be a loooooooooong 2 week wait! :dohh: But I also think that if we do see hb again in 2 weeks that I will begin to relax a bit more after seeing it twice due to the fact that we lost the last one back in march after seeing the hb the first time and didn't the 2nd time so if we can still see a hb the 2nd scan this time, I think that will really reassure me and help me get a little more relaxed with things. Meanwhile all my symptoms and everything else she said seem perfect and for me to stay on the baby aspirin the whole pregnancy and the prog up till 12 weeks. I'd love to think about reaching that goal but in order to try to not cause myself more anxiety than what I already get to deal with, I'm gonna take this one goal at a time. The first goal is for baby to still have a hb in 2 weeks and still be growing normally. Then it will be to reach 10 weeks and still have a hb then. Then 12 weeks. So yeah one little goal at a time. But for now, for today, my baby is alive and well and I'm happy with that! :thumbup: I'm just praying that it stays that way and we don't go through a repeat of last time! :blush:

Amazing news Pixie! Woop woop!

Yum, Maltesers are yummy! Poor Amercians, you seem to have such a limited selection of chocolate. I went to university with an American, and she was always bringing bars home to the states.

Congratulations pixie, amazing news. Knew it would be fine :) glad you're getting more scans, I'm starting to go a bit mad 2 weeks after my last scan!!

Massive :hugs:

Ps I've been checking this all evening and read your update but then fell asleep in front of the telly before I could reply and only just woke up! :duh:

Yay praying! ! :hugs: so happy! One appointment at a time :)

my symptoms weren't as bad today so of course I now feel doomed :( I'm 8 weeks today....

https://tinypic.com/r/14982td/8

Awww thank you ladies!! I SO appreciate all of your support and thinking of us and praying for us! :hugs: I've attached the scan pic so I hope it loads correctly! It was such a relief to see that little hb flickering away on the screen! :cloud9: I literally was grinning like goof and when the ultrasound tech turned on the audio so we could hear the hb I melted into a puddle. I'm already in love with this baby even though I'm still afraid to get too excited. But in order to not overwhelm myself I am taking this one appt at a time, one goal/milestone at a time. I want to get to my next appt in 2 weeks and still see baby and hb. Then get to 10 weeks and still see hb. Then to 12. I figure this way I am not getting completely overwhelmed with the worrying over coming off of the prog at 12 weeks (I plan to push for one more week though and to come off at 13 weeks instead hehe) and if baby will make it to 12 weeks, and instead accomplish one goal at a time. Which right now the goal is 8 weeks with a hb then 10 weeks. I do think though that if we can see a hb again in 2 weeks that I'll begin to let myself get a little more excited about this pregnancy and get a little more relaxed about it and not quite as paranoid. I really wanna get to 10 weeks though with baby still alive and well since that will put us past the gestation at which we lost the last one back in march and then of course to 12 weeks. :thumbup: Although I know I wont be fully relaxed until baby is in my arms lol! :blush: But I'm sure that goes without saying. :winkwink: But for now and for today, I know my baby is alive and doing well and that is good enough for now. :happydance: Now, roll on Sept 12th! :)

I hope you ladies are having a great start to the weekend! :hugs:

StillPraying, I asked the MW today about symptoms and how they will be strong one day and not so much the next (like especially how I keep being ravenous one day and not hungry the next) and she said it's completely normal and that it's just the fluctuations in the hormones! Which was very reassuring to me so hopefully that helps you, too! Hopefully tomorrow they will be right back again and all will be well! :hugs:

Tasha, thanks! :flower:

Munchkin, awww bless your heart! That's ok! I figure if someone doesn't reply right away there is usually a reason for it and that they will soon as they can! :hugs:

Mowat, thank you! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"