April Showers 2015. 5 pink and 2 blue rainbows so far!

Spotting is back. Don't see the doctor until Wednesday. Hoping she'll agree to lots of scans.

Oh Mowat I'm sorry that's such a terrible feeling, so nerve racking! Keeping my Fx for you. Did you call your dr to see what he/she says?:hugs:

Thanks praying that is reassuring. I'm hoping they'll do a scan on Friday but I highly doubt it:growlmad: how strange to hope I wake up puking my brains out in the AM:dohh:

Praying - love your comment "I won't truly relax til baby's in my arms" good luck with that! Then you spend your life checking it's still breathing, eating, pooing, weeing, crying etc but at least you can keep an eye on them I suppose where as now without the scans we know nothing!!

Sorry about the spotting mowat, it really does sound like some women just spot and some don't. Push for all the reassurance you can get.

StillPraying I hate fluctuating symptoms. Some days I feel really nauseous and can't fave anything and others I just want to eat everything. I'm also spending my life comparing how I feel with previous pregnancies having had 2 successful first tris and a mmc where baby had stopped growing by now but I didn't have any signs at all it had gone wrong til my 12 week scan! It's making me crazy. Tmi I did a number 2 this morning and now I'm worried I'm not constipated enough! And if I have ANY energy I ruin and waste it by worrying it means everything's going wrong!!

And I've now tried my Doppler twice, at 9 and 9+2 and no luck :( I couldn't try for long each time and I know it's early but that's making me crazy. I'm desperate for the reassurance of hearing the heartbeat but terrified of not hearing it again. Grrr. Wish I didn't even have the damn thing now!!

Pixie - great news about your scan!

Mowat - fingers crossed it's just harmless first tri bleeding, you may have a cervical erosion. They're common in pregnancy and completely harmless.

Munchkin - I think I found the hb at 10 weeks when I was pregnant with DS.

I'm not too bad this morning. I managed to eat a fair bit of my tea last night and I had quorn sausages which are high in protein so maybe that helped. If it was that I'll be eating them for every meal for the next 3 months!

Aww mowat, I'm sorry the spotting is back. :( Try to keep your feet up and drink lots of water if you can. I do know how nerve wracking it is though. I hope you can get some reassurance soon! Is there any chance you can maybe get a private scan between now and the next scheduled one? I'd be worrying out of my mind too. :hugs: Prayers that all is well! :flow:

StillPraying, I'm glad it helped a little. I hope you wake up ready to :sick: too :haha: I still don't have ms yet and only just gag easily so believe me, I know the worry! :hugs:

Munchkin, you're so right! I'll never quit worrying lol but it's true that in between we know nothing! I too find myself analyzing my symptoms and comparing them to the past and such. :dohh: And try to remember that even at 9 weeks baby is still tiny and gonna be hard to find with the doppler but believe me, I know that worry all too well. I pray you find it again soon! :hugs: When is your next scan again? And if its too far off any chance you can get a cheap private one? Prayers that baby is doing just fine! :hugs:

Button, I'm glad that the tea and sausages seemed to of helped. :thumbup:

AFM, I did a stupid. :( I got to inspecting my scan pic (the one I attached to my last pic via link, did you ladies get to see it?) and thought to myself wow that's a big looking yolk sac! I hope that's a good thing and yeah that's when I stupidly went to dr google. :dohh: Sigh. I dunno what to think now. Too small a yolk sac can tend to end in mc and so can too large a yolk sac! :dohh: So yeah I'm back to worrying. Since I saw the mw yesterday instead of the dr (the mw was the one on duty, not the dr) I dunno if she actually got to look at my scan before seeing me and speaking with me or if she did if she even knows what to watch out for on a scan. :wacko: I know the ultrasound tech spoke with her briefly while i was getting redressed after the scan but of course I have no idea what was said. All I know is that the mw said that everything looked great. :dohh: Now that said, I don't recall the tech measuring the YS at all during the scan. She only measured gestational sac, baby, and baby's hb. So yeah now I'm back to worrying and have 2 long weeks to wait till my next scan which should have baby at 8+6 at that point IF all goes well! Ugghhh why do I go shooting myself in the foot like that and get worried again after finally being calm for a day? :dohh: Does anyone know anything about YS vs. embryo/preg health? :blush: Thoughts?? :blush:

Oh my goodness praying! You need some of my zoloft!:haha: lol don't add to your worries and stress. The ultrasound tech would have told the mw if there is even the slightest concern. I can promise you that. Focus on the fact thatso far you have a little one measuring right where it should with a perfect hb.:hugs:

I swear you ladies from the UK a re my favorite. I'm learning so many interesting and random things about the difference between your side of the globe and ours! Tea and sausages. ....lol so is it true that Tea is a big thing over there?

StillPraying, LOL!! I know right! :rofl: It's like I cant help it! :dohh: I'm gonna try to think positive that all is well and that baby will be fine! Emphasis on 'TRY'! LOL! :haha: Darnit if 2 weeks away isn't a long time! :growlmad: I wish she'd of gone for 1 week like I tried to get her to! :haha:

As for the brits vs. us, there are many differences and yes they are serious about their cuppa tea! lol! I've visited the UK a few times myself in the past and it's a beautiful country and rich in history but they are quite different than us here in the states but there are also some similarities too. :thumbup: I have nothing but love for them! :flower:

I'm honestly quite fascinated now lol sometimes it's easy to forget that not everyone lives the same as you ya know? I mean besides 3rd world countries, you kinda forget that things in other countries are quite different! Even the differences here among the states are interesting. Sorry lol I'm rambling.

I did get my wish of waking up sick though :blush: lol

Aww yay for being sick! LOL! While miserable I'm sure you feel reassured! :flower: So for you, I'm glad it came back! :haha: I had a feeling all would be fine! :hugs:

And yeah it's really interesting the differences in lifestyles and culture. I've always enjoyed learning about the uniqueness of it, too. :thumbup:

Am I the only Canadian here? We're kind of like you Americans, but probably more like the English. We drink quite a bit of tea. Although I lived in England for a year, and I drank way more tea then. I remember it being really hard finding a coffee shop!

Spotting again last night, but it has stopped again today. I talked to my clinic on Wednesday and they said it was perfectly normal for twins. Oh, did I mention I'm pregnant with twins? Tee hee. See the doctor on Wednesday and I'm hoping she'll order another scan soon.

What kind of doppler do you have Munchkin? I'm planning on getting one, but hopefully not too soon. I know some people don't find anything until at least 12 weeks or even later. Think it has a lot to do with how your body is shaped (where the baby is sitting and so on).

Lol I meant tea as in my evening meal! A lot of people call it tea instead of dinner, I only really call it dinner if I'm going out to eat. I am a tea drinker but haven't really fancied it since I got nauseas.

Mowat - wow twins, very exciting!

Oh right, that kind of tea! I worked at a store when I lived in the UK and I was always using words customers wouldn't understand----vest was one of them, means something completely different to me.

Mowat twins?!? When the heck did you find out? And why weren't we told?!? Mines the hi bebe, meant to be really good and always worked eventuslly kn the past but I never tried this early before.

Praying pixie I could get a private scan, I did with my previous pregnancies but I'd kind of decided I find having the scan more stressful than not! I think I'm actually getting phobic. I get really panicy and shaky just thinking about it. Hence trying the Doppler, but now that's getting stressful too!

Reading your post made me so sorry for you but also strangely reassuring because all your googling is pretty crazy and there's no way in the world you should be worried about the size of the sack. The reason it's reassuring is because if you're as crazy as me and I'm sure everything's ok with you then things might just be ok for me too. Keep off google!! I'm totally barred now. If I'm worried I Facebook my best b and bump friend instead. Have you got a friend, or us, you can message your worries to instead of googling?!

LOL! Ok ok I'll stay away from google. :haha: :blush: I don't think I'm crazy though as in insane like but maybe a little nuts just because the darn paranoia hits due to having had the losses I've had. :blush: I'm gonna try to think positive and just hope for the best and try to not worry. Now if my symptoms disappear or dissipate then I'll worry and call the dr about it but until then, I think you and StillPraying are right, that I'm jumping the gun and worrying too quickly. :blush: But surely you cant really fully blame me right? :wacko: So back to my original goal of making it to my 9 week ultrasound in 2 weeks and hopefully still seeing baby and hb. :flower: I'll just focus on that and try to put all else out of my mind! :thumbup: Thanks for listening to me though and hopefully you don't think I'm truly completely insane! :(

Sorry praying pixie I hope it didn't come over like I thought you were mad, I really don't, and I totally don't blame you at all. I suppose I realised it's perfectly normal for us to have moments like that and look for every little thing to worry about, we're all doing it and it's completely natural. But it doesn't mean the things we are worrying about are any more likely to be true than if we were just in blissful ignorance. And I was relieved you, who are totally sane with no solid reason to worry about this pregnancy other than past experience, are doing just the same as I would! And it doesn't mean anythings wrong.
Does that make sense!?

I'm trying to be a bit more positive and I listed all the scans I've had, 11 altogether. 7 were good news and only 4 bad so I should have more positive than negative associations with scans but it just shows we fixate on the negative.

There's another meaning for vest? Here it's a sleeveless jacket. Usually has pockets and stuff. Fishers/hunters use them a lot.

I'm a tea drinker also but being American I'm also a coffee fanatic.

Anyone else have the urge to clean/organize everything? I keep trying but then I get nauseous and have to stop. So it is slow going. I want to clean out everything so we can get rid of stuff we don't need to be holding on to especially since we'll be moving to a bigger house. Less stuff to move!

StillPraying, right! That's what a vest is to me, too! :shrug:

Munchkin, I understand and thanks for your kind words! :hugs:

I am about to go outta my mind! It seems my main big craving is banana shakes and banana pudding and I am craving one or the other right now but it's also 8:36 pm here right now. :dohh: I'm waiting on DH to finish making dinner (spaghetti bolg) and a new Doctor Who is coming on in about 20 minutes and I know DH wont want to go anywhere at that point nor will I (not to mention I'm too tired to venture out this evening as well). I think I'll go rummage through my pantry and see if I can find a box of banana instant pudding or I might go outta my mind! :blush: I want banana sweets so badly! LOL!! :haha: For some reason this baby loves banana it seems! LOL! :haha:

Not me. It's all string cheese and cheeseburgers and popsicles. And spaghetti os??? None of these are regular foods for me. I love fruit but lately it makes me hurl like all the time.

Still praying, I meant spaghetti bolognaise. It's basically a meaty spaghetti. DH wanted meat, I didn't so the spaghetti was a compromise.:winkwink: My cravings are banana stuff, sweet stuff, and cheesy stuff! Right now I think it's a girl but we'll see. :haha:

Ladies out vest is like a sleeveless t shirt you wear under your clothes in the winter to keep warm! You get thermal ones and actually long sleeve ones too. Mmm cozy!

I used to eat loads of bananas but I just can't be bothered with them at the moment. They're not making me feel sick, I just don't fancy them. I don't really fancy much at the moment other than cereal, although I did have yummy smoked salmon yesterday after being off fish. Maybe that's a bad sign??

What's everyone up to today? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"