April Showers 2015. 5 pink and 2 blue rainbows so far!

Well for me the 12 week scans are like buses! Waited ages and now I've got 2. The first is my normal dating and booking scan at my local hospital which is 2 weeks tomorrow, then the next day I've got the cardiac scan in Birmingham. I'd kill for a scan now and I'll have 2 in 2 days!!

Munchkin - Awww I understand. After my rough time last night I wish I could have another scan today to make sure all is well and baby still has a hb! (I'll explain more in a min.)

Button - YAY! Please let us know when the scan is and we can countdown the days with you! :flower:

StillPraying - Oh no! Poor you! I hope you guys can find a new babysitter that you can trust or work something out! You certainly don't need more stress! :nope: :hugs:

Tasha - Awwww yay! :happydance: I'm so happy for you that you found the hb! That must be so reassuring! :thumbup: I cant wait till I'm far enough along to find my baby's hb, too. I'll have to find my doppler in storage and pull it out lol! :haha:

AFM, I had a bit of a rough time last night. :( I've been kinda constipated lately (even though I drink tons of water) and I got to cramping pretty badly late at night, had a BM and then continued to cramp afterward for a few minutes (no bleeding nor spotting). I was laying in bed and they had finally settled down but my uterus and abdomen still felt tender but I knew it was time to put my progesterone in and immediately after doing so it triggered another contraction like cramp that had me moaning and breathing through it before it finally fully stopped. Those kind of cramps really scare me. :( I had another couple of smaller cramps this morning followed by another BM this morning and thankfully it didn't cause any cramps afterward. I also drank a large sweet tea yesterday afternoon (I was dying for something other than water and I only drink sodas a very little bit and only the kind that don't have the high fructose corn syrup in them), and I drink 1 cup of coffee in the mornings almost daily so I'm wondering if that sweet tea had anything to do with it. Also, of course, I'm hoping and praying that baby is still ok after that misery last night. :wacko: I had tried to call my dr office to speak to the nurse and get a little reassurance but they aren't open today because it's labor day. :nope: Ugh. So I guess I will call them tomorrow. :shrug: Does anyone know if this sounds normal at all? Also to go from constipated to 2 BMs in less than 24 hrs? :shrug: See. This is why I wanted another scan after a week, instead of 2 weeks! :dohh: Maybe I'll call them tomorrow and beg for one sooner. :blush:

Eek. I've had lots of constipation, really painful cramps, just horrid. I've had it with all my pregnancys, just doubled up in pain.

Well I've now also had my first consultant apointment through which is also 2 weeks tomorrow. It's gonna be a busy couple of days so I hope oh can stay off work :( but we're going on holiday on the Saturday after so hopefully we can go with some relief and reassurance.

I'm sure everything is fine pixie. Constipation can cause cramps.

You are going to be busy Munchkin. I hope those two weeks fly by for you.

Opposite problem for me.... diarrhea pretty much every morning. Not ms. I have all day sickness. Wanted to clean the house today but couldnt. Barely got myself to the interview with the new sitter (she is fantastic). Everything makes me throw up or feel like I'm going to throw up or worse it comes out the other end (so sorry TMI). I don't know how I'm going to survive work tomorrow :(

Trying to catch up---a lot happened over the weekend! We decided to go camping---of course my spotting got worse. Nothing like trying to deal with that in an outhouse. Yesterday I thought for sure I was done as the spotting had turned bright red and there was quite a bit for a short period. Fortunately it has stopped again. So stressful. I'm guessing it is the progesterone 3 times a day that is irritating my cervix. I think I'll ask the doctor on Wednesday about whether I can do the progesterone by injections instead. Not sure it is as effective however.

Sorry about the spotting Praying. Are you alright now?

Mowat thats horrid, especcially camping :( glad its stopped. Every pregnancy i've been an obsessive loo roll checker but i've luckily never been a spotter. Sounds like ladies either are or aren't and most of the time it doesnt affect the outcome.

I've got a confession to make, i need to keep out of first tri :( i've put on 3 people's 'i'm so happy 12 week scan was great i can relax and enjoy now' posts things like 'great. Just the anomaly scan now to get through' or 'now to just get through the 20 week one'.
I feel like a total screwy bitch but it really annoys me that people don't get it. The 12 week scan is a dating scan. It works out how many babys there are, how big it is, if it's got arms legs and a head and a heart and not much else. Then everyone skips into the 20 week scan going 'ooh shall we buy pink babygrows or blue ones?' And it's not always good news. My sis had club foot diagnosed at one of her 20 week scans and spina bifida at the other and you all know how devastating mine was.
BUT i know i should leave everyone in blissful ignorance because actually it's not that common for things to go wrong so i just need to keep out of first, and in fact second, tri.

Munchkin, awww I totally understand how you feel! That's why I don't visit those boards. Also when I used to there would be a few women each time that would mc and I remember how it always made myself and everyone else nervous that we'd be next. So I decided it's not worth the stress and I only tend to this board. Might be a good idea for you to do the same? :shrug: I just don't like seeing you get more worked up than you have to. :hugs: But then again, I'm not one to talk, lol! :blush: Especially since I got major upset at DH yesterday morning! :haha:

StillPraying, bless your heart! Has the dr given you anything for the nausea? Also, since you are here in the states, you need to try a product called 'preggie pops'. They sell them at babies r us and they are wonderful! They're all natural and made from things like honey, lemon, ginger, and such and I tell you what they really do help calm the tummy when nausea strikes! :thumbup: They are small so you can carry them anywhere with you in your purse and pull one out whenever or wherever needed! :) In past pregnancies I had both those and zofran and I'd use the preggie pops more often because they did a great job of calming nausea without me having to take the medicine. :thumbup: So I highly recommend them! Please try them and see if it helps. You may find it to be a God send! :hugs: Hang in there! :flower:

Mowat, oh gosh! Bless your heart! Spotting and camping are not a fun mix. :nope: Have you called your dr/mw and told her it got worse again? I really hope you just have a very sensitive cervix due to carrying twins. :hugs: I can definitely understand though how upsetting and frustrating it must be! Hopefully that will be the last of it for a while! :hugs: Please keep us posted! :flower:

AFM, no more color on the tissue at all (thank God). Yes I check it every time lol! :blush: I've also gone from peeing about 9 times a day last week to 11-12 times a day now. :haha: So I am guessing/hoping that means that my hormones are still increasing and that my baby and womb are still growing. My appetite still varies from day to day and I still get gaggy off and on, too. At church on Sunday I would randomly get this urge to gag and I'd have to try hard to hide it from everyone so they wouldn't ask questions. DH isn't ready to tell anyone there yet. He wants to wait until we reach 2nd trimester. While I certainly understand why and I kinda feel the same way he does, they saw us through the last mmc and I know that if, God forbid, we had another one, they'd see us through that too. I think he feels like he doesn't want to burden them so he's not ready to tell them yet. However, I feel like it's gonna be kinda hard to keep this quiet for much longer if things continue to amp up so to speak and if my belly continues to grow I wont take long to start showing. :wacko: I guess we will see. I am really hoping that at the next scan in 10 days that we see great growth on baby and still have a good strong hb ( [-o< ) and that maybe everything will be ok and baby will stick and DH will be more comfortable with us telling people. But I guess we will see. More than anything we just want baby to be well and not lose this one, too. But anyways, I hope you ladies have a wonderful day today! :hugs:

When I go into first tri and read what people have already bought etc it makes me think how can you just presume it's going to be ok. And I guess jealous because I will never be able to have a pg where I will feel like that.

Pixie - I wish we had those preggie pops here, I may look on amazon.

Munchkin - it's easy to be naive when you haven't been through it. I skipped into epau last time saying it's probably just my cervical erosion causing the spotting and then they couldn't find anything and I ended up having my mc. Tbh I will probably skip happily into my 12 week and if I get there my 20 week scans but that's just how I am.

Oh and I'm really struggling changing my LOs nappy today, I've ended up retching each time, this is going to be fun.

Yay amazon have preggie pops, pricey but worth a go.

Button, they are totally worth it in my book! Also, about having to change nappies, I def couldn't do it right now. It would make me gag too! Heck, I gag when cleaning up after my own toilet visit iykwim! LOL!!! :rofl: :blush:

I have some of the prefix pops but sometimes I just can't do sour. One day I'm sick as a dog and the next day it's not bad at all. Makes me crazy with worrying my symptoms are going away. I had diarrhea with my mc so of course having it as a common symptom again isn't helping :( I hope they do a scan at my appointment Friday but I don't think so :nope:

I know what you mean Munchkin. With Caroline my husband and I wanted to be prepared so we started buying diapers when I was like 12 weeks maybe earlier. With the last one I started the same thing and even ordered a prego pillow cuz i remembered how much I wanted one with Caroline. I lost the baby and the day after I got that damn pillow on my door step. You really are naive until you've had a loss because you can't fathom it could ever happen to you.:cry: I don't really bother with any of the other threads either. :hugs:

Mowat I agree with praying, just remember that some women. Are just spotters. And it is more common with twins. Have you spoken to your Dr?

Thanks guys. Doctor's appointment tomorrow. Spotting has stopped for now.

Mowat - Glad to hear your spotting has stopped…

I am trying to avoid all things that make me too crazy about this, but sometimes, when I feel good.. it makes me nervous. Today I have felt nauseous all day and really tired… I hate fluctuating symptoms as well. I swear I have turned into a moron. Everything that I can normally do all easily, I suck at.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Thanks ladies - glad you don't all think I'm a total b***h!! Just need to keep away I think.

Well I'm 10 weeks today and still feeling terrible so that has to be a good thing right?!?
I woke up at least 5 times to wee last night and was up at 3.40am having to eat a banana because I was so hungry. Then dd woke up before 6. I've been lying awake thinking 'what if this DOES go wrong?' We're higher risk for heart problems, even though the stats are still very much on our side, and it seems ANYTHING can go wrong at any stage. I think because I'm feeling rubbish and so tired I just thought, I can't go through another pregnancy. I physically and mentally can't take any more.

I also read last night (stupid google - but it was an accidental link) that if you've had an induced abortion in the last 24 months it increases your risk of miscarriage, and I've technically had 2 in just over 12 months. They don't warn you of these things do they?!? Although it wouldn't have changed anything anyway, it's not like I'd have waited for 2 years to try!

Sorry to sound like a downer, I think I'm just too tired!!

How's everyone else today?

I'm tired as well Munchkin. Took one of my tablets this morning as I was gagging and retching loads and they've worked but they've wiped me out. Managed playgroup with DS then collapsed on the sofa when I got home. Luckily he's napping today so I get a break.

almost every other night i have a dream that i buy a single pack of white oneness.. I dont know why but in my dreams i feel like i need them. I dont dare buy anything bc if something does happen i dont want to ever see them again

I'm tired as well. I can't seem to stay asleep. Between weird dreams and waking up hungry or having to pee :-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->